Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118336 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:52am On Jul 15, 2021
pamcode:
@farmerakinloye6 you are doing a good job on this thread sir. The thread is very educative. I would like to ask if one wants to start a cucumber farm on the size of land you planted on (3plots I think) like how much would it cost to start. Just a rough estimate.

Also from your experience is there a significant difference in production between rainy and dry season for the cucumber variety. Thank you.
Let me help while he comes... Everything shouldn't be more than 250k of you know what you are doing.

Cucumber during Rainy season comes with a lot of issues oo... Especially Downy Mildew disease.... Also you'll experience Cucumber Glut in the market because a lot of Farmers depend on Rain a lot and cucumber is every day watering... You can even sell a Bag for 2500...3k and yes 1k cheesy cheesy... A Friend of mine went against my advice and cultivated 2 acres of Cucumber.. The highest he sold a bag was for 3500 cheesy

During the dry season... If you cultivate Cucumber well... You'll buy Venza cheesy cheesy... A bag is sold for 7k upwards during the dry season... On an average... It should go for 5500

3 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by pamcode(m): 11:52am On Jul 15, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Ahhhh Boss you dey reach here too??

I do Cucumber.. Tomatoes... Cabbage... I'll start plantain Next year.. Raining season don dey end embarassed
Wow nice. which town are you based? I graduated this year (animal sciences) so I just dey scout which of this agribusiness I fit enter. Can you drop your mail here ? Or contact me emmzowo@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:54am On Jul 15, 2021
pamcode:
Wow nice. which town are you based? I graduated this year (animal sciences) so I just dey scout which of this agribusiness I fit enter. Can you drop your mail here ? Or contact me emmzowo@gmail.com. Thanks.
I'm based in Lagos... I dey run my Housemanship together with the Farm wink... But once I'm done with House Job and NYSC.... I'm going into Agric Full time

I'll contact you

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Igbofirstfarmer: 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
What number of bags can someone expect from a 100 by 100 plot ( average)
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
Igbofirstfarmer:
What number of bags can someone expect from a 100 by 100 plot ( average)
your yields will depend on your farm practice! No exact bags for any stands you plant.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
My Cucumber is doing menstruation grin, growth no uniform at all! Some has start to flower why some are just bringing rope. I will never try to plant cucumber without quality manure grin grin again! Looks healthy though! First weeding start today, and by next week I think I will know where am going... video by weekend.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bassey25(m): 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
My Cucumber is doing menstruation grin, growth no uniform at all! Some has start to flower why some are just bringing rope. I will never try to plant cucumber without quality manure grin grin again! Looks healthy though! First weeding start today, and by next week I think I will know where am going... video by weekend.

Boss, I hail thou ooo... your farm looks neat, please what spacing did you use between the ridges. The ridges looks well spaced. Also with the space you have used between the ridges what will be the space between the plants that are on the separate ridges?

Secondly I have a land which I have once planted plantain but due to poor production of the plantain I am thinking of using it for cucumber. Please what necessary treatment or precaution would be required on such land before planting.

Also, what distance do you between 1 bamboo and the other within the ridge and is it the same rope you use in staking the cucumber that you use in connecting the bamboos within each ridge. Please I will be glad if you can show a full picture of the staking as well. Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2021
bassey25:

Boss, I hail thou ooo... your farm looks neat, please what spacing did you use between the ridges. The ridges looks well spaced. Also with the space you have used between the ridges what will be the space between the plants that are on the separate ridges?

Secondly I have a land which I have once planted plantain but due to poor production of the plantain I am thinking of using it for cucumber. Please what necessary treatment or precaution would be required on such land before planting.

Also, what distance do you between 1 bamboo and the other within the ridge and is it the same rope you use in staking the cucumber that you use in connecting the bamboos within each ridge. Please I will be glad if you can show a full picture of the staking as well. Thanks boss
1. 1.2 meters between the ridges 2. Space between the plant at the moment is 30cm 3. Read from page 1-17 you will understand how to prepare the land 4. Distance between Baboo is 300cm apart 5. Watch my YouTube channel to get more insight on staking.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
I took this picture yesterday... flowering is showing up gradually...I think I will introduce another fertilizer by next week Tuesday.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I took this picture yesterday... flowering is showing up gradually...I think I will introduce another fertilizer by next week Tuesday.

Is this Jorad?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bassey25(m): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
1. 1.2 meters between the ridges 2. Space between the plant at the moment is 30cm 3. Read from page 1-17 you will understand how to prepare the land 4. Distance between Baboo is 300cm apart 5. Watch my YouTube channel to get more insight on staking.

Thanks so much boss for this reply. I am glad. Actually what I meant is the wideness of the walk way where you placed your knapsack sprayer and the bucket. Do you mean the width is 1. 2 meters or you meant the distance between the plants on a ridge and another plant on the other ridge next to it? Thanks ,once again. God bless you.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Is this Jorad?
Greengo
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
bassey25:

Thanks so much boss for this reply. I am glad. Actually what I meant is the wideness of the walk way where you placed your knapsack sprayer and the bucket. Do you mean the width is 1. 2 meters or you meant the distance between the plants on a ridge and another plant on the other ridge next to it? Thanks ,once again. God bless you.
you asked my furrow distance, and I said "1.2 meters"
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
I applied potassium nitrates yesterday, I will see maybe it Worth it....men this fertilizer is too expensive 30k for just 25kg. Cucumber price at the moment is 7-6k.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by ideepaul: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I applied potassium nitrates yesterday, I will see maybe it Worth it....men this fertilizer is too expensive 30k for just 25kg. Cucumber price at the moment is 7-6k.
Maxi potassium nitrate by jubaili should be a lil cheaper than that, but thingz are changing though! Just don't apply more than 5g per stand, watch out for the taste, size, and yield, and report to the house on this later. Btw, I hope the cucumber planting without manure will NEVER cross your mind again!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Eluagwu: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2021
Does potassium nitrate make cucumber fruit taste better and look better?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Eluagwu: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Eluagwu:
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2021
Eluagwu:
we are about to find out sir.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by emmaachile2(m): 10:41am On Jul 29, 2021
Eluagwu:
It makes all fruits better, bigger and sweeter. My citrus/tomato and even pepper have not been sweeter than now after applying mop 0:0:60.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bassey25(m): 12:49am On Jul 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:

Thanks so much for this reply boss. God bless you.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bassey25(m): 12:51am On Jul 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:

Thanks so much for this reply boss. God bless you. Please I would like to have a WhatsApp conversation with you sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Eluagwu: 7:54am On Jul 30, 2021
emmaachile2:

It makes all fruits better, bigger and sweeter. My citrus/tomato and even pepper have not been sweeter than now after applying mop 0:0:60.
Thanks bro
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Eluagwu: 7:56am On Jul 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
we are about to find out sir.

We are waiting for the results of this test Mr. Chairman.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Transplanted another one today... Am not using manure for this particular one, getting dry manure this day no be moimoi .. guess I want to test my land fertility...pls am not encouraging anybody not use manure..nah condition cause am.
Bro what do u mean by dry manure? Cow faeces
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 30, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Let me help while he comes... Everything shouldn't be more than 250k of you know what you are doing.

Cucumber during Rainy season comes with a lot of issues oo... Especially Downy Mildew disease.... Also you'll experience Cucumber Glut in the market because a lot of Farmers depend on Rain a lot and cucumber is every day watering... You can even sell a Bag for 2500...3k and yes 1k cheesy cheesy... A Friend of mine went against my advice and cultivated 2 acres of Cucumber.. The highest he sold a bag was for 3500 cheesy

During the dry season... If you cultivate Cucumber well... You'll buy Venza cheesy cheesy... A bag is sold for 7k upwards during the dry season... On an average... It should go for 5500
Hw does it survive in dry season cos where I am I Delta I don't have the resources for irrigation
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2021
francisgodstime:
Hw does it survive in dry season cos where I am I Delta I don't have the resources for irrigation
If you have no source of irrigation during the Dry season... Leave cucumber alone... Even the wet season sef... Because you can't predict rainfall
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Bro pls can I get ur WhatsApp contact or chat me up on 08147033258
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 30, 2021
Nezzjnr:

If you have no source of irrigation during the Dry season... Leave cucumber alone... Even the wet season sef... Because you can't predict rainfall
ok
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by abouzaid: 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Cucumber price is 7.5-8k. I don't plan to plant cucumber again till December, my boy now ask me what will he be doing till December, only to harvest tomato? Since am contracting maize and cassava planting out. Seriously! Am planting another cucumber next month because of him why because I Hate And Fear Glut!!!! The only encouragement for me now is many cukes Farmers in South West are concentrating on tomato at the moment. GOD I no want to dey chase fly on my Cucumber grin.
please, how many seeds do you plant per hole? is 6 inches distance between the plant and the fertilizer hole ok?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2021
abouzaid:

please, how many seeds do you plant per hole? is 6 inches distance between the plant and the fertilizer hole ok?
I don't plant direct, I always do transplanting,1 In a hole at 30cm interval. You will do well to ready previous page.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nastolly: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
Can tomato and cucumber be planted on same piece of land pls, sharing it 3-3 plot each
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2021
Good morning.

I need recommendations for insecticides that can be used against whiteflies and aphids.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (72) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.