Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,338 members, 7,836,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (119675 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
do you mean 120,000/one hundred and twenty thousand stand shocked shocked shocked shocked blood of Judas!!! Pls clarify ASAP.
Yes boss

10 acres of Cucumber

But he uses Staking net... Venturi.. And he has 10 workers

So the Stress is minimal
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
do you mean 120,000/one hundred and twenty thousand stand shocked shocked shocked shocked blood of Judas!!! Pls clarify ASAP.
I know someone that also planted 112 containers of Murano2f1

That's about 56 plots

I wish i can post the Facebook Link here but Bot will ban me
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Yes boss

10 acres of Cucumber

But he uses Staking net... Venturi.. And he has 10 workers

So the Stress is minimal
10 acres equivalent to 4 hectares, how will he handle pruning! and harvesting?? And with just 10 handdds? Nezzjnr hope you are not using me to catch cruise? Dem no Born anybody papa to plant 1 hectare of cucumber at once here in akure (ondo state) at any time!!!! Nah pig go eat 50%, ask aquadude? Well! It can be possible in SS and SE.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by abouzaid: 11:51am On Aug 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
10 acres equivalent to 4 hectares, how will he handle pruning! and harvesting?? And with just 10 handdds? Nezzjnr hope you are not using me to catch cruise? Dem no Born anybody papa to plant 1 hectare of cucumber at once here in akure (ondo state) at any time!!!! Nah pig go eat 50%, ask aquadude? Well! It can be possible in SS and SE.
why ss or se? Although, it's true that animals are not usually allowed to roam about in the east but we might have to deal with assorted rodents and other wild animals like antelopes, monkeys, wild pigs especially those that plant deep in the Bush.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Baba people are even doing 5 acres at a go

Planting at once

His variety is Jorad... Jorad doesn't really need pruning unless you wan stress yourself.

He hires women when it's time for Harvest.

He plants 2 acres under one day... So he uses one week to plant an acre.

He hires women for that Job... Same with side dressing
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Let me give you a Facebook link of someone that did 56 plots of Cukes

I'll post the Link on my Signature
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Let me give you a Facebook link of someone that did 56 plots of Cukes

I'll post the Link on my Signature

Going through the guy's posts is something else!

I wonder who told people that there's no value in been a farmer sad angry sad

A literate farmer will always be better than an illiterate farmer

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

Going through the guy's posts is something else!

I wonder who told people that there's no value in been a farmer sad angry sad

A literate farmer will always be better than an illiterate farmer
Farmers no dey talk ooo

I dey always laugh when people dey talk say IT na the new Oil

They still think Agric na about cutlass and Hoe

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

I dey always laugh when people dey talk say IT na the new Oil

They still think Agric na about cutlass and Hoe

In as much as there are mouths to feed, farmers will always cash out!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

In as much as there are mouths to feed, farmers will always cash out!
On a silent note

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
Any update on the current cucumber price? And any effective combo for downy mildew this period?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
abouzaid:
why ss or se? Although, it's true that animals are not usually allowed to roam about in the east but we might have to deal with assorted rodents and other wild animals like antelopes, monkeys, wild pigs especially those that plant deep in the Bush.
what I mean in that "context" is SS and SE are the original lover of cucumber, only few Yoruba really like to eat it, so there is potential market in SS and SE than South West.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2021
Olaleyeabdullah:
Any update on the current cucumber price? And any effective combo for downy mildew this period?
it was sold here today at 9-8k per bag
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
One of my strategy is to always Dodge heavy competitor, at the moment, I noticed me and one colleague is harvesting thesame day (three times in row now) this is someone that can arrange cucumber very well, if he did not sell his Cucumber finish no buyers will look my own despite removing 1k from my own. I called him today, he said "he will harvest today and bring it to market tomorrow" wink me will be doing my harvest tomorrow,then take it to market on Wednesday.

3 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
Cucumber buyers always comes to buy between 6am-12pm here, if there is no environmental or rain. Exactly 6am too, I will be in market to sell, I always make sure I sell all my Cucumber before I leave market even if I need to reduce price, I don't want Agent palava.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
This particular one fruitfulness is another case study lipsrsealed.. fingers crossed! I harvested five at once in some stand!

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 10:20pm On Aug 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
what I mean in that "context" is SS and SE are the original lover of cucumber, only few Yoruba really like to eat it, so there is potential market in SS and SE than South West.
Cucumber is more demanding in the SE especially when you plant cu999
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 10:20pm On Aug 16, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
This particular one fruitfulness is another case study lipsrsealed.. fingers crossed! I harvested five at once in some stand!
Which variety
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Pelu1: 12:55am On Aug 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
1.there are some material I listed on my irrigation system and kit thread you will need to price there, or contact cedagrochemical she is on nairaland or the address below. If you are going manual,I will advise you do 500 stand maximum. 2.if you are in South West plant greengo, you don't want to have issue when it is ready for market. I bought 1 sachet (1000 seed ) 8,700 in November, you can contact cedagrochemical she sells, though have not patronize her but Mr okoroemaka and ideepaul once vouch for her. Sure I will always answer your questions here. I feel your passion bro, God will help you.
Please I need more explanation
I just want to start farming
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 1:48am On Aug 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
How is the extracted seed from jorad doing
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Which variety
Greengo
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
Pelu1:

Please I need more explanation
I just want to start farming
read from page 1- 20 you will get insight, talk with cucumber Farmer in your area.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I think it High time i she'd some( strategy) light on how to make profit from farming cucumber, mass production don't equates huge profit, true fact! Ayam coming.... do you have interest drop comment..

Boss Man, we still dey await this tip ooo
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
flowmama:

Boss Man, we still dey await this tip ooo
Farm Work can take your whole strength that you will barely have time for yourself...

You can go through the Thread... There's enough information that lies here while waiting for him
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
I sold 7.5k this morning... harvest continue today or tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
U guys are really enjoying over there...here in kwara still 5500
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by LovesonBlezz(m): 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I sold 7.5k this morning... harvest continue today or tomorrow.
boss, l am really inspired by this thread..thanks a million! I am about to start a pilot cucumber farm(1 plot) somewhere in Ogun. Please where can l get the greengo seeds? What quantity will be enough for a plot and how much will it cost? I will sincerely appreciate your reply, thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2021
LovesonBlezz:
boss, l am really inspired by this thread..thanks a million! I am about to start a pilot cucumber farm(1 plot) somewhere in Ogun. Please where can l get the greengo seeds? What quantity will be enough for a plot and how much will it cost? I will sincerely appreciate your reply, thanks
1. Contact Cedagrochemical, she has #9,500 for 1000 seed. 2. 1000seeds at 30cm. Cucumber on a plot of land is not a pilot project, for it to be successful you need some level of seriousness..use manure,stake, spray when you suppose to, prune, and apply fertilizer. If you want to do pilot maybe you should grow between 5-100 stand, 1,500 stand no be moimoi Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
I took like 16 bags to market today, and I sold it at 7k each... some of my colleagues sold 8-7.5k. Another harvest by Sunday.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
1. Contact Cedagrochemical, she has #9,500 for 1000 seed. 2. 1000seeds at 30cm. Cucumber on a plot of land is not a pilot project, for it to be successful you need some level of seriousness..use manure,stake, spray when you suppose to, prune, and apply fertilizer. If you want to do pilot maybe you should grow between 5-100 stand, 1,500 stand no be moimoi Good luck!
Especially when he's doing manual watering lipsrsealed
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by fiddzy(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Especially when he's doing manual watering lipsrsealed
manual ke, oga hi go choke. Backpain, waist pain no b small thing
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by LovesonBlezz(m): 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. You too much

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (72) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.