Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118608 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:31am On Sep 06, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Furrow is very bad for Cucumbers in my own opinion.

I have seen a lot of people that used Knapsack and they got their desired result.

What works for people might not work for you
am curious to know how you water 300 above stand with knapsack pump!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:36am On Sep 06, 2021
abouzaid:
would you advise me to try this on a plot of land using a cheap seed like marketmore? Just 1500 stands.
if you are planting for personal consumption no problems sir, but if it is for selling, I will advise you to make enquiry on what variety your local demand. It will be a slap for someone that has go through this thread, and okoroemeka own, yet make silly mistake!

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
am curious to know how you water 300 above stand with knapsack pump!
I've seen someone that tried it and he achieved his result

But very stressful
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2021
My people, help me thank the God of Elijah. Have being at home since my last harvest (Thursday) flood has divided the road, those that in farm can't come town, likewise we that in town can go to farm. Lucky for me, 90% of my cucumber has been harvested to market. As am typing this cry Flood is packing millions.... God pls have mercy!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by numen(m): 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
Thank God for you. I pray for the farmers in the field to find a way back as It must be a scary situation being trapped in your farm.

Farmerakinloye6:
My people, help me thank the God of Elijah. Have being at home since my last harvest (Thursday) flood has divided the road, those that in farm can't come town, likewise we that in town can go to farm. Lucky for me, 90% of my cucumber has been harvested to market. As am typing this cry Flood is packing millions.... God pls have mercy!

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chioma99(f): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
please my fellow nairalanders i just want to ask a question......

how profitable is chilli pepper farming?

is it a profitable farming venture or not just that profitable.

am in Lagos and a friend of mine is looking to invest heavily on chilli pepper farming

i want to know if there are steady buyers for it or not.

although pepper sells well but i don't really know of this chilli pepper

please how profitable is it here in Lagos?

thanks....
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by pamcode(m): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
was it a stream or river flood that removed the bridge? I thank God for you o and I pray he would recompense for the others.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 4:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Huuuuuuuuuuhhhh

What type of flood will divide a Road.

Thank God for you ooo

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
abouzaid:
What do you think about this idea of irrigating cucumber using a knapsack?
It has to be small scale. And it will be very stressful.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
FarmTech:

It has to be small scale. And it will be very stressful.

I can't begin to imagine the stress level if it were on a large scale shocked shocked tongue

Even using watering can on 10 sacks of cucumber is something else not to talk of anything above 100 stands!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by DemeUdo: 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
that's serious angry
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by DemeUdo: 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
I was planning a plot of cucumber this September in Ogun State, l ordered greengo seedlings... But today l met one of the local farmers, and she advised me to postpone the planning to late October or November, that due to heavy rain these days the seeds won't germinate and grow well. Pls what's your opinion
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nastolly: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2021
[color=#000099][/color] it will.cucumber is a water loving plant now
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by DemeUdo: 7:57am On Sep 07, 2021
Nastolly:
[color=#000099][/color] it will.cucumber is a water loving plant now
you advise l go ahead to plant?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nastolly: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2021
Can't say yes but let's wait for farmerakinloye and co

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Omonaijani: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2021
The person who adviced you to wait has actually given you a good advice. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of planting now,
Advantages: your plants won't have water stress because the rain will water them for you and the sun is not hot.
Disadvantages: All the novice farmers are planting cucumber now using the rain and this has already affected the price in places like Lagos, too much rain will wash your manure and other nutrients of the soil away, can you handle downy with this rain, if you spray saaf/funguforce/copper everything will be washed away even before they start working (you will have to spray and drench before they can protect the plant, you still have to pray it does not rain immediately you drench), the seeds could be washed away if you plant directly, the young seedlings could be killed by 2 much water even if you nursed before transplanting, the effectiveness of other fungicides like cabrioduo/ortival top will also be reduced and so many other disadvantages too.

I advice you wait till the middle or end of this month to see if the rain will reduce before you plant so that the challenges are minimal and the price would have Increased by the time you start harvesting

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by DemeUdo: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Omonaijani:
The person who adviced you to wait has actually given you a good advice. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of planting now,
Advantages: your plants won't have water stress because the rain will water them for you and the sun is not hot.
Disadvantages: All the novice farmers are planting cucumber now using the rain and this has already affected the price in places like Lagos, too much rain will wash your manure and other nutrients of the soil away, can you handle downy with this rain, if you spray saaf/funguforce/copper everything will be washed away even before they start working (you will have to spray and drench before they can protect the plant, you still have to pray it does not rain immediately you drench), the seeds could be washed away if you plant directly, the young seedlings could be killed by 2 much water even if you nursed before transplanting, the effectiveness of other fungicides like cabrioduo/ortival top will also be reduced and so many other disadvantages too.

I advice you wait till the middle or end of this month to see if the rain will reduce before you plant so that the challenges are minimal and the price would have Increased by the time you start harvesting
thanks for your reply, l'm currently considering her advice, because though I'm a novice in farming grin , l know as much as cucumber needs water it also need sunlight to do well, and l will really love to get it right at least to boost my passion for Agriculture cool
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2021
Omonaijani:

Best advice ever

Because you go spray taya because of the regular rain..

And especially when you are planting a variety that can't withstand DM.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
DemeUdo:
I was planning a plot of cucumber this September in Ogun State, l ordered greengo seedlings... But today l met one of the local farmers, and she advised me to postpone the planning to late October or November, that due to heavy rain these days the seeds won't germinate and grow well. Pls what's your opinion
if you plant directly, and it rain heavily thesame day or following day, large percentage will not germinate, if it rains like two days consecutively I can assure you, the germination will less than 30%. If you use seedlings tray and cocopeat, and it rain heavily the same day you transplant, you will loose considerably stand. If I were you, I will use seedlings tray and cocopeat then observe if it not cloud on the day I want to transplant. Price
of cucumber is good at the moment In Akure, I heard it was sold today 9k-8k.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Thank God!!! The water is low...I quickly Rush to farm to harvest cheesy. 7 bags today.. I will update price tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
A colleague that has 2000 stand near the water harvested less than 12 bags (total) lipsrsealed ...the flood not try at all.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by DemeUdo: 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
okay boss Farmerakinloye6, I'm considering waiting till mid October or ending when the rain will hopefully subside, besides the farm area is a bit waterlogged, the risk is obviously high ... Pls can you recommend any other source l could get the greengo seeds apart from ceda agro, I'm not very comfortable with her modus operandi. Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by DemeUdo: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
A colleague that has 2000 stand near the water harvested less than 12 bags (total) lipsrsealed ...the flood not try at all.
cry
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Cedagrochemical(f): 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
DemeUdo:

okay boss Farmerakinloye6, I'm considering waiting till mid October or ending when the rain will hopefully subside, besides the farm area is a bit waterlogged, the risk is obviously high ... Pls can you recommend any other source l could get the greengo seeds apart from ceda agro, I'm not very comfortable with her modus operandi. Thanks

You obviously can't be comfortable with pricing greengo for 7k and asking for delivery before payment... Pls let's stop doing what we can't tolerate to others... I don't think it's fair

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Cedagrochemical:

You obviously can't be comfortable with pricing greengo for 7k and asking for delivery before payment... Pls let's stop doing what we can't tolerate to others... I don't think it's fair
cheesy cheesy

Leave that young man jare

Someone was even selling greengo for 15k few days back in my group chat.

I don't think he's ready
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
This is really bad ooooo
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by DemeUdo: 12:51am On Sep 08, 2021
Cedagrochemical:

Madam get it right, maybe you are referring to another person, l have your N10,500(Delivery fee inclusive) intact at hand, all l am asking for is payment on delivery, which you should make provision for that too. Asking for 100% payment before delivery is not just cool with me, l even agreed to pay 1k delivery fee and and pay the remaining 9.5k on delivery you refused, l asked for your office in Abeokuta so l can come get it myself you refused, if you can't trust me upon agreeing to pay delivery fee ahead.. l can't trust you too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 5:49am On Sep 08, 2021
DemeUdo:

she can be trusted...this is the experience I had with her. I ordered for seeds and some chemicals from her unfortunately at the time I do not have the money for the whole thing at the time. So I sent her d money I had at the time, after some days I made the full payment and she delivered it to me without issue. So I think u are the one...
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 5:53am On Sep 08, 2021
DemeUdo:

Madam get it right, maybe you are referring to another person, l have your N10,500(Delivery fee inclusive) intact at hand, all l am asking for is payment on delivery, which you should make provision for that too. Asking for 100% payment before delivery is not just cool with me, l even agreed to pay 1k delivery fee and and pay the remaining 9.5k on delivery you refused, l asked for your office in Abeokuta so l can come get it myself you refused, if you can't trust me upon agreeing to pay delivery fee ahead.. l can't trust you too.
you have nothing to fear man...
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 5:56am On Sep 08, 2021
DemeUdo:

Bros if you are in her shoes.... You'll never do that

If you are looking for someone that will deliver an item to you before you pay... You are really on a long thing because no one will do that
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 6:10am On Sep 08, 2021
Farmerakinloye6 i would love to use that your seedling tray option next planting session.

I intend getting uniform growth and I really hope they don't die too
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:10am On Sep 08, 2021
Sold finished at 7.5k...i don't want to stand on 8k because of last market cheesy experience. I don't even spend up to 3 minutes.. everything was bought ASAP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.