Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (117870 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by fiddzy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I normally put all my seedling trays on soil ( nursery) both cucumber and tomato, the idea is for the seedling to tap nutrients since am not using manure nor fertilizer with the cocopeat, and I always have excellent nursery result. The only 1 time I have issue with my seedlings is when I bought fake Cocopeat
Thought as much sir, thanks sir .
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I normally put all my seedling trays on soil ( nursery) both cucumber and tomato, the idea is for the seedling to tap nutrients since am not using manure nor fertilizer with the cocopeat, and I always have excellent nursery result. The only 1 time I have issue with my seedlings is when I bought fake Cocopeat

I also use that method for tomato � cos tomato will spend several weeks in nursery and need nutrients to develop true leaves. But cucumber � will only be transplanted with the 2 seedleaves hence no need for any tapping of nutrients from the soil. Allowing the roots of these cucumber seedlings to be firmly attached to the soil which eventually break at the point of transplant will cause big transplant shock. Cucumber not too forgiving with that unlike tomato. I will always prefer to put nylon on the floor before placing my seed trays like in the pic.

However, if you can work your ways around your method and it works very well, no wahala.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by komoland: 7:01am On Oct 26, 2021
I have new drip tape diameter 16mm*0.3mm thickness, 50cm spacing, 1500meters roll. If you want kindly reach me on 07020271826, I will sell for you with good price.
Olaleyeabdullah:
are you still in need of drip tape? Cedagro have the 50cm drip tape at 63k for 2000m. We both can share it into two if you still have interest.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by LovesonBlezz(m): 7:04am On Nov 02, 2021
Pls what could be responsible for curved fruit? l noticed this in one stand.
Btw l heard price of cucumber is now 3k - 3.5k

Me: So l will be selling my fresh and sweet Greengo 3.5k after all the work undecided

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Omonaijani: 8:43am On Nov 02, 2021
Hello @farmerakinloye, @farmtech, @flowmama, everyone here, where can I get Jorad seeds today pls?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2021
Omonaijani:
Hello @farmerakinloye, @farmtech, @flowmama, everyone here, where can I get Jorad seeds today pls?
contact ceda
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2021
LovesonBlezz:
Pls what could be responsible for curved fruit? l noticed this in one stand.
Btw l heard price of cucumber is now 3k - 3.5k

Me: So l will be selling my fresh and sweet Greengo 3.5k after all the work undecided
I think it is cause by either water or nutrients not enough! I was in market this morning, and it was sold 6-5k here.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Omonaijani: 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
contact ceda
thank you sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by LovesonBlezz(m): 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I think it is cause by either water or nutrients not enough! I was in market this morning, and it was sold 6-5k here.

Baba, l won't lie it's rain that is doing more of the irrigation, the farm is far and it's already eating deep into my pocket, l only noticed one curved fruit Sha, for the nutrients the soil looks rich and l only apply forliar for now, which other will you recommend?
Omo that 6k dey raise my ears o cheesy .. e be lyk l go waybill am come that side make you sell for me cool
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Gpdwise(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
Pls do u know how much a bag of cucumber was sold today
Farmerakinloye6:
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Few stand that survive trash Cocopeat begins to fruit...

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
This is the main stand. I prune the plant yesterday, I told my boy to start weeding this morning... I will post the video on how to prune on my channel in the night for those that has interest.

3 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
This is the main stand. I prune the plant yesterday, I told my boy to start weeding this morning... I will post the video on how to prune on my channel in the night for those that has interest.
Which plant spacing do you think is the best?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Few stand that survive trash Cocopeat begins to fruit...
Greengo ryt
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Planting on a virgin land has its own cons oo.

Applied Glysophate and Paraquat but the weeds are still coming up oo... Na to just go The Manual way oo
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:20pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Greengo ryt
sure, with 20 stand of jorad just to compare both under thesame condition.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
sure, with 20 stand of jorad just to compare both under thesame condition.
Greengo beats Jorad by Far in terms of Commercial Market because of it's size and Colour.

Jorad loses it's colour on time.

I'm planting Greengo this weekend.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Planting on a virgin land has its own cons oo.

Applied Glysophate and Paraquat but the weeds are still coming up oo... Na to just go The Manual way oo
I never for once use herbicide on my vegetable farm after transplanting, it always manual weeding.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
FarmTech:

Which plant spacing do you think is the best?
I have seen! and practice different spacing, but i prefer 1.2m by 30cm any day anytime. If you know when and how to prune, believe me! 1.2m by 50cm or more is just a waste of land.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I never for once use herbicide on my vegetable farm after transplanting, it always manual weeding.
Do you make use of the manual weeder or you employ hands?

This particular land is way too fertile
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Do you make use of the manual weeder or you employ hands?

This particular land is way too fertile
hand weeding( I get a year worker).... why do you say the land is fertile? You have seen it physical cheesy?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
hand weeding( I get a year worker).... why do you say the land is fertile? You have seen it physical cheesy?
Soil test.

Do you make use of those Cotonou guys
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
hadex90:
Hi @farmerakinloye6 I just copied your WhatsApp number, I need you mentorship and honest advice cucumber dry season
post any cucumber related question here or any of my social media handle, and I will try my best to answer your questions, but on my watsapp no no no.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2021
cheesy cheesy

To replace the stress of side dressing.

Fertigation through Venturi is the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I have seen! and practice different spacing, but i prefer 1.2m by 30cm any day anytime. If you know when and how to prune, believe me! 1.2m by 50cm or more is just a waste of land.
Thanks. I will try it out. I've always used 50cm. I prune too, but not as meticulously like what I read about it. Waiting for that your pruning video.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nastolly: 10:49am On Nov 10, 2021
Anyone with cedar new line please
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Yemighty2(m): 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:
cheesy cheesy

With this calculation below can we use ½paint (small one) for 500plants and full paint for 1000plants during fertigation?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:
cheesy cheesy

I personally think Potassium Nitrate and MGSO4 can be applied via foliar @ 1 and half spoon per knapsack and you'll see result. Just ensure you apply frequently. Aside NPK and SSP that I apply as basal,( I also fertigate urea) other ones can be applied as foliar and they work very effectively.

I have applied Calcium Ammonium Nitrate as side dressing (fertigation) like 3 times to my tomato and still had blossom end rot. Subsequent planting, I applied just 1.5 table spoon per knapsack almost every week and noticed I didn't see one case of blossom end rot. Now imagine the wastage in side dressing bags of expensive fertilizers with just using 1.5 teaspoon.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
flowmama:

I personally think Potassium Nitrate and MGSO4 can be applied via foliar @ 1 and half spoon per knapsack and you'll see result. Just ensure you apply frequently. Aside NPK and SSP that I apply as basal,( I also fertigate urea) other ones can be applied as foliar and they work very effectively.

I have applied Calcium Ammonium Nitrate as side dressing (fertigation) like 3 times to my tomato and still had blossom end rot. Subsequent planting, I applied just 1.5 table spoon per knapsack almost every week and noticed I didn't see one case of blossom end rot. Now imagine the wastage in side dressing bags of expensive fertilizers with just using 1.5 teaspoon.
Yes Pottasium Nitrate... Magnesium sulphate and Calcium Nitrate can be sprayed.

I do 5 Tablespoonful and it's always once in a week.

Npk can be Fertigated... I'm not sure about Urea ooo... How do you dissolve it.

I apply Ssp before planting
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Yes Pottasium Nitrate... Magnesium sulphate and Calcium Nitrate can be sprayed.

I do 5 Tablespoonful and it's always once in a week.

Npk can be Fertigated... I'm not sure about Urea ooo... How do you dissolve it.

I apply Ssp before planting

I think 5 table spoon of those Nitrates fertilizers too much oo.
NPK cannot dissolve totally. the Phosphorus won't allow it. Urea can be dissolved and fertigated. I use 1kg of urea dissolved in 200 litre water and pass through drip. It does not burn whatsoever.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
flowmama:

I think 5 table spoon of those Nitrates fertilizers too much oo.
NPK can dissolve totally. the Phosphorus won't allow it. Urea can be dissolved can fertigated. I use 1kg of urea dissolved in 200 litre water and pass through drip. It does not burn whatsoever.
5 table spoon for 16ltrs Knapsack too much??

Won't Urea Clog the Drip??

How do you measure Urea for 12000 Cukes plants
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:

5 table spoon for 16ltrs Knapsack too much??

Won't Urea Clog the Drip??

How do you measure Urea for 12000 Cukes plants

First, 5 table spoon from my calculations is much. If 128gram of Calcium Nitrate for example should be dissolved in 94.64litre of water, it therefore means

1gram should be dissolved in 0.739 litres of water
21.65 grams should be dissolved in 16litre of water (knapsack)

21.65gram is about 1 and half tablespoon.

Kindly see the attached.

Yougerrit sir

Secondly, Urea is very soluble in water and can be passed through drip.

Lastly, I don't use venturi. I dissolved and add to my fertigation tank and mix with stick. Same way I irrigate for 15 to 20mins depending on my drip pressure, I also add fertilizer solution after I must have irrigated first to allow the soltion percolate down the soil.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.