Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118668 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Nezzjnr: 11:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
flowmama:

First, 5 table spoon from my calculations is much. If 128gram of Calcium Nitrate for example should be dissolved in 94.64litre of water, it therefore means

1gram should be dissolved in 0.739 litres of water
21.65 grams should be dissolved in 16litre of water (knapsack)

21.65gram is about 1 and half tablespoon.

Kindly see the attached.

Yougerrit sir

Secondly, Urea is very soluble in water and can be passed through drip.

Lastly, I don't use venturi. I dissolved and add to my fertigation tank and mix with stick. Same way I irrigate for 15 to 20mins depending on my drip pressure, I also add fertilizer solution after I must have irrigated first to allow the soltion percolate down the soil.
Thanks a lot Boss.

Means I've been wasting fertlizers for a long period of time now.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by AmeLonRo(m): 7:29am On Nov 11, 2021
Sometimes I wonder why people still use cutlass for weeding.
Machines are available and at good price when compared to the trouble of using cutlass.
See one of such simple machines in use here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCJrDCqShI
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Wonder1844(m): 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nice one
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Stvic(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Great work guys. Please is it compulsory to make ridges when preparing cucumber farmland during the dry season. Or can I just till the ground In form of bed and plant.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by OluchiDelly: 12:45am On Nov 17, 2021
Stvic:
Great work guys. Please is it compulsory to make ridges when preparing cucumber farmland during the dry season. Or can I just till the ground In form of bed and plant.

Ridges is better but during dry season, don't make it too high.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:01am On Nov 17, 2021
Stvic:
ridges has many benefits, for example it Make root of your crop to spread easily..

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by OluchiDelly: 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
ridges has many benefits, for example it Make root of your crop to spread easily..

I watch your pruning video where you cautioned against over pruning during dry season so that their roots will not be exposed to scotching sun...that's very educative.
What's your take concerning the use of sawdust for mulching cukes roots during dry season?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Huntah1437(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
What's the current price of cucumber please
U can mention your location
Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
OluchiDelly:

I watch your pruning video where you cautioned against over pruning during dry season so that their roots will not be exposed to scotching sun...that's very educative.
What's your take concerning the use of sawdust for mulching cukes roots during dry season?

Sawdust is known to zap nitrogen content of surrounding soil.
Using Sawdust as mulch on footpath in-between ridges okay.
But applying around your crop (on ridges ) is not advisable oo as it will extract nitrogen from your soil and plants roots just for its own decomposition. Your plants may suffer it most especially non leguminous crops.
Some Sawdust (wood) even content crazy biochemical residues
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by flowmama: 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
Huntah1437:
Thanks

5,500 mile12
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Stvic(m): 7:11am On Nov 18, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
. Okay boss
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Stvic(m): 7:17am On Nov 18, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Ridges is better but during dry season, don't make it too high.
. I usually till the soil and then make depression inside where I put manure and plant. But I think making ridges will be better for the root system just like @ farmerakinloye6 said. But then my problem is the ridges or bed gets dry easily especially during the hot April may weather.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2021
OluchiDelly:

believe me bro, you don't need much paparazzi, irrigate well, plant good seed, stake and make your farm weed free, no how you will profit. Though you cannot compare dry season yield to rain season any day anytime.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:04am On Nov 18, 2021
Huntah1437:
Thanks
am in market at the moment, and am selling 6k at Akure. Some are selling 5-5.5k

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mamaaustin(f): 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
am in market at the moment, and am selling 6k at Akure. Some are selling 5-5.5k

Hmmm....I just missed meeting with you at Akure market today. I was told by one of the Mallams there that cucumber was plenty in the market this morning, almost like 200bags. But when I got there around 4pm most of the cucumbers had been sold already.

Please I need help in terms of selling, do you sell by yourself or hand over to the agents? Because when I asked one of the so called agents this afternoon how much cucumber was sold today he told me 2,500 per bag whereas you are stating that a bag of cucumbers was sold in the same market today between 6,000 - 5,000 naira!
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
mamaaustin:

Hmmm....I just missed meeting with you at Akure market today. I was told by one of the Mallams there that cucumber was plenty in the market this morning, almost like 200bags. But when I got there around 4pm most of the cucumbers had been sold already.

Please I need help in terms of selling, do you sell by yourself or hand over to the agents? Because when I asked one of the so called agents this afternoon how much cucumber was sold today he told me 2,500 per bag whereas you are stating that a bag of cucumbers was sold in the same market today between 6,000 - 5,000 naira!
yes I sell myself, then give the agent his commission. How do you bag your cucumber, and the green level? This two questions will determine what your cucumber price will be!

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Wonder1844(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
Pls which liquid fertilizer will you recommend for cucumber . Thanks
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Stvic(m): 12:12am On Nov 20, 2021
@Farmerakinloye6 pls can I get darina cucumber seed in Akure ?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:39am On Nov 20, 2021
Stvic:
check "my farm" opposite high court,Akure.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Stvic:
check "my farm" opposite high court,Akure. Hope you are planting it for personal consumption.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Stvic(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
check "my farm" opposite high court,Akure. Hope you are planting it for personal consumption.
. Thanks boss. Not for personal consumption. Am getting ready for dry season farm. I have my farm in ogbese between ikere and ise. Don't know If you know the place. Have been planting darina and supplying shasha market in Ikere but want to try Akure shasha this dry season. I hope darina will be accepted in your market boss
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by dab00: 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Automated garri fryer for sale. Location ondo. Powered by electric motor. 08063382620. Chat me up for pix and price
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
Stvic:
. Thanks boss. Not for personal consumption. Am getting ready for dry season farm. I have my farm in ogbese between ikere and ise. Don't know If you know the place. Have been planting darina and supplying shasha market in Ikere but want to try Akure shasha this dry season. I hope darina will be accepted in your market boss
I know the place. Shasha here is adapt to greengo, except if greengo scarce.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Stvic(m): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I know the place. Shasha here is adapt to greengo, except if greengo scarce.
Hmmmm have heard about that too... Okay boss maybe I will plant greengo too just that am use to darina.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by OluchiDelly: 5:55am On Nov 23, 2021
flowmama:

Sawdust is known to zap nitrogen content of surrounding soil.
Using Sawdust as mulch on footpath in-between ridges okay.
But applying around your crop (on ridges ) is not advisable oo as it will extract nitrogen from your soil and plants roots just for its own decomposition. Your plants may suffer it most especially non leguminous crops.
Some Sawdust (wood) even content crazy biochemical residues

Thanks at flowmama scientificmama grin .
I have actually read similar theory about it's usage. I only want to know if anyone has really applied it for real and compared results.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by OluchiDelly: 5:57am On Nov 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
believe me bro, you don't need much paparazzi, irrigate well, plant good seed, stake and make your farm weed free, no how you will profit. Though you cannot compare dry season yield to rain season any day anytime.

Noted. Thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Thanks at flowmama scientificmama grin .
I have actually read similar theory about it's usage. I only want to know if anyone has really applied it for real and compared results.

There's another school of thought that believes sawdust/ wood shavings doesn't cause nitrogen depletion around the root zone of crops.
The nitrogen loss is active only around the few centimetres covered by the sawdust/wood shavings and not in the deeper root zones where major nutrients exchange takes place. You'll just need to augment with little addition of nitrogen fertilizer (not necessary though IMO).

I've been using this method for a while now and I've not noticed any nitrogen loss rather it's great for moisture retention and great weed control.

My observations
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by OluchiDelly: 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

There's another school of thought that believes sawdust/ wood shavings doesn't cause nitrogen depletion around the root zone of crops.
The nitrogen loss is active only around the few centimetres covered by the sawdust/wood shavings and not in the deeper root zones where major nutrients exchange takes place. You'll just need to augment with little addition of nitrogen fertilizer (not necessary though IMO).

I've been using this method for a while now and I've not noticed any nitrogen loss rather it's great for moisture retention and great weed control.

My observations

Thanks for sharing.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:08am On Nov 24, 2021
Cucumber full market today selling at 5-4k.

3 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2021
I sold 5.5-5k this morning. Hmmm... this year work is coming to an end.. preparation for next year loading... open new forest, and expand to 20,000 stand. I have already booked down 30 bags of 100kg manure.

3 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bassey25(m): 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I sold 5.5-5k this morning. Hmmm... this year work is coming to an end.. preparation for next year loading... open new forest, and expand to 20,000 stand. I have already booked down 30 bags of 100kg manure.

Weldone brother.! Please the you use,is it mixed with saw dust or the one directly from layers pen! Currently, I am in a location. Where I have access to excess manure . Especially the ones directly from layers pen(not mixed with sawdust but wet). I also have another location closer where they raise the layers on the floor and the manure is mixed with saw dust.but wondering which would be better.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by precioustim: 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please I'm in need of Greengo 918 F1 Seed up to 12pkts. Where can I see to buy ASAP?... Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.