Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118408 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bizzibodi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Being so long friends... seriously busy! My first seed on a virgin land. No manure, have npk15 15 15 twice. More updates loading..
Nice,haw many acres?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mykepeter(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2022
Pls house I am new here. Planning to start cumcumber farm, pls I need advice on
1. The variety of cumcumber to plant
2. Kind of fertilizer to apply for better yeild
3. Types of chemical for treatment

Pls experts in the house should help out
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2022
bizzibodi:

Nice,haw many acres?
is not even up to 2plot.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2022
mykepeter:
Pls house I am new here. Planning to start cumcumber farm, pls I need advice on
1. The variety of cumcumber to plant
2. Kind of fertilizer to apply for better yeild
3. Types of chemical for treatment

Pls experts in the house should help out
am not experts, but this is my own advice; 1. Greengo 2. Npk 15 15 15 and potassium nitrate 3. Funguforce, Cabrio duo, caterpillar force, imiforce and any cypermethring.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by bizzibodi(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
is not even up to 2plot.
How many bags are expected?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mykepeter(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
am not experts, but this is my own advice; 1. Greengo 2. Npk 15 15 15 and potassium nitrate 3. Funguforce, Cabrio duo, caterpillar force, imiforce and any cypermethring.

Thank you very much sir. Can I DM you for further questions and mentorship? I learned you are from Akure from your profile, I also reside in Akure
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mykepeter(m): 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2022
[quote author=Farmerakinloye6 post=115498346] am not experts, but this is my own advice; 1. Greengo 2. Npk 15 15 15 and potassium nitrate 3. Funguforce, Cabrio duo, caterpillar force, imiforce and any cypermethring.[7/quote]

Thank you sir for your usual response.
I have made the riggies for the cumcumber planting. Sir do I need to use herbicide on the ground before planting the cumcumber just for weed control or I should plant now and later use selective herbicide to control the weed.
2. Which selective herbicide can you recommend for cumcumber and tomato farm that will kill the weed without affecting the plants?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2022
mykepeter:

Thank you sir for your usual response.
I have made the riggies for the cumcumber planting. Sir do I need to use herbicide on the ground before planting the cumcumber just for weed control or I should plant now and later use selective herbicide to control the weed.
2. Which selective herbicide can you recommend for cumcumber and tomato farm that will kill the weed without affecting the plants?
1. If the ridges is new, plant immediately. 2. Do according to your strength, I will not advise you to be using any herbicide after you plant. It occasionally I spray contact herbicide (my furrow) when we are busy, then manually weed ridges.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mykepeter(m): 11:27am On Aug 10, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
1. If the ridges is new plant immediately. 2. Do according to your strength, I will not advise you to be using any herbicide after you plant. It occasionally I spray contact herbicide (my furrow) when we are busy, then manually weed ridges.

Thank you Sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2022
I picked 8 bags yesterday and sold 11k flat. Am the only one that brought viable deep green cucumber, within 5 minutes everything was bought finished.

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2022
I sold 11.5k this morning, I heard it was sold 12k yesterday.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by dark404(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2022
Which soil is best for potatoes?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by willybaby(m): 11:37am On Aug 21, 2022
dark404:
Which soil is best for potatoes?
sandy loam soil
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 7:45am On Aug 23, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
I picked 8 bags yesterday and sold 11k flat. Am the only one that brought viable deep green cucumber, within 5 minutes everything was bought finished.
The 8 bags, is it from 2 plots? I'm asking because I want to estimate how much thieves are stealing from me.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Ayobami3310c(m): 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
grin cheesy
FarmTech:

The 8 bags, is it from 2 plots? I'm asking because I want to estimate how much thieves are stealing from me.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ayobami3310c:
grin cheesy
Don't laugh oo. I caught one and she will pay me 15K. I will catch more. cool.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2022
FarmTech:

not up to 2 plot, sometimes I harvested up to like 15 bags, the way I bags it. My own 15 bags is another person 20 bags.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2022
I sold 12k today... I will be doing another nursery by Monday..
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
not up to 2 plot, sometimes I harvested up to like 15 bags, the way I bags it. My own 15 bags is another person 20 bags.
Hmm. My area is tough oo. The woman I caught is known for stealing cassava, Cocoyam, corn - at NIGHT! Only God knows how much have been stolen from me. I plan getting dogs for the farm.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
I sold 12k today... I will be doing another nursery by Monday..
Good market your side. My area have been 8500 max.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 7:20am On Aug 27, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
Pls how many plant stand do you have?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2022
FarmTech:

Pls how many plant stand do you have?
I did 3 thousand but not all survive in nursery and Early stage, let me say 2900 survive.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2022
When I got to market this morning cucumber was many, and I intend selling at 12-11k grin, I looked around I see my cucumber is the second best, I heard she was selling at 10k so I drop mine to 9k, when she sold her own finished, I returned my own to 10k ASAP. I sold 9, 9.5 and the rest 10k today. I know many are following my diary, and i intentionally updating price to encourage and inspire anyone that one to be a farmer. It one thing to grow healthy and bountiful pant, marketing is another thing you have to understand (you must know how and when). One nairalander which I don't know his name was using my name to fight his battle which I believe is childish! One of our agent called me yesterday. Aquadude15 I believe you now understand how our market work... care to share some insight?

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by uche393: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2022
@Farmerakinloye6 pls, how often do you apply potassium nitrate

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
When I got to market this morning cucumber was many, and I intend selling at 12-11k grin, I looked around I see my cucumber is the second best, I heard she was selling at 10k so I drop mine to 9k, when she sold her own finished, I returned my own to 10k ASAP. I sold 9, 9.5 and the rest 10k today. I know many are following my diary, and i intentionally updating price to encourage and inspire anyone that one to be a farmer. It one thing to grow healthy and bountiful pant, marketing is another thing you have to understand (you must know how and when). One nairalander which I don't know his name was using my name to fight his battle which I believe is childish! One of our agent called me yesterday. Aquadude15 I believe you now understand how our market work... care to share some insight?
Producing cucumber here isn't a hard task but of you are going on a large scale, you really have to take marketing serious unless you would have most of your cucumber spoil before getting a buyer.
Learning how to bag to make your cukes attractive.
Keeping the biggest sizes which would be used to fill up the bag.
Making sure the cucumber untop is rinsed before bagging (this makes it attractive)
Don't be to greedy with price as my oga said earlier. If their are many cucumber in the market sell asap even if it would require a little deduction.
Always stay with your cucumber and make sure you sell everything that same day. If it stays overnight at the market, it loses its value

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 12:52am On Aug 31, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
I did 3 thousand but not all survive in nursery and Early stage, let me say 2900 survive.
Thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:41am On Sep 03, 2022
aquadude15:

Producing cucumber here isn't a hard task but of you are going on a large scale, you really have to take marketing serious unless you would have most of your cucumber spoil before getting a buyer.
Learning how to bag to make your cukes attractive.
Keeping the biggest sizes which would be used to fill up the bag.
Making sure the cucumber untop is rinsed before bagging (this makes it attractive)
Don't be to greedy with price as my oga said earlier. If their are many cucumber in the market sell asap even if it would require a little deduction.
Always stay with your cucumber and make sure you sell everything that same day. If it stays overnight at the market, it loses its value
more butter on your bread sir! You have said it all. Some farmer will include rotten ones and expect buyers to buy from them another time.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2022
I sold 10,9 and 8k today.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2022
uche393:
@Farmerakinloye6
pls, how often do you apply potassium nitrate
at the moment just once, some apply twice. Once I have fertigator system in place I be doing twice too.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by uche393: 12:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
at the moment just once, some apply twice. Once I have fertigator system in place I be doing twice too.
is it during fruiting?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Princeadebayo11(m): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2022
Boss... Please which State are you? It seems cucumber is selling very well at that side you dey
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2022
uche393:
is it during fruiting?
when I noticing flowering, and if am to apply twice, I will do the second one when I notice fruiting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.