Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

My Cucumber Farm Dairy - Agriculture (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (118376 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by mykepeter(m): 8:39am On Sep 06, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
when I noticing flowering, and if am to apply twice, I will do the second one when I notice fruiting.

Pls sir, how often should we apply 15 15 15 to cumcumber?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2022
mykepeter:

Pls sir, how often should we apply 15 15 15 to cumcumber?
maximum I apply fertilizer is thrice at the moment. Some apply six times, I will say it depend on your land fertility and your manure.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by KIDfurniture(m): 5:23am On Sep 08, 2022
Plz which one of you grow them in Ibadan ?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by KIDfurniture(m): 5:35am On Sep 08, 2022
Is anyone harvesting soon in Ibadan ? Kindly indicate
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by EniObankeHO(m): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
maximum I apply fertilizer is thrice at the moment. Some apply six times, I will say it depend on your land fertility and your manure.

Sir can you explain why cucumber ks so expensive this time around?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2022
EniObankeHO:

Sir can you explain why cucumber ks so expensive this time around?
focus is on tomato, our people will start jumping ship this month. It is still 12k-10k this morning.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
focus is on tomato, our people will start jumping ship this month. It is still 12k-10k this morning.
Do you know why a mature tomato plant will just wilt and die? I've never been successful with tomatoes for this reason.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2022
FarmTech:

Do you know why a mature tomato plant will just wilt and die? I've never been successful with tomatoes for this reason.

Verticulum, fusarium, bacterial wilt or nematodes may be the culprit.

Did you uproot and inspect the root of affected plants?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 7:52am On Sep 18, 2022
REUBEN010:

Verticulum, fusarium, bacterial wilt or nematodes may be the culprit.

Did you uproot and inspect the root of affected plants?
No. How do you solve them?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2022
FarmTech:

No. How do you solve them?

Plant selected varieties that have some form of resistance to wilt.

Apply nematicidal treatment.

Plan your farm and land preparation to ensure proper drainage and aeration.

Get your nursery soil preparation right.

Ensure your soil pH is okay.

These are the few I can recall. Our Bosses in can add more.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Ogaonos: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2022
post=94634088:
Have spray the farm, timber loader pass through my vegetable farm,bust my PVC and scatter my drip,so am installing new one.Am expanding the farm to six thousand stand, but my plan is to plant 5000-5500 stand.
hw do u handle d baby cucumber .because I planted one in my compound wen it started flowering I did hand pollination after watching it on YouTube but d female flower still dying .how do u handle this area
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
REUBEN010:

Plant selected varieties that have some form of resistance to wilt.

Apply nematicidal treatment.

Plan your farm and land preparation to ensure proper drainage and aeration.

Get your nursery soil preparation right.

Ensure your soil pH is okay.

These are the few I can recall. Our Bosses in can add more.
Thanks. Which variety do you recommend?
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:46am On Sep 19, 2022
FarmTech:

move tomato related questions to my tomato thread so viewers will not be confuse.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2022
Ogaonos:
hw do u handle d baby cucumber .because I planted one in my compound wen it started flowering I did hand pollination after watching it on YouTube but d female flower still dying .how do u handle this area
plant greengo and worry no More with hand pollination.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
plant greengo and worry no More with hand pollination.
Thanks for today baba

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Maryam1234(f): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2022
Congratulations Sir,on your bumper cucumber harvest.Thanks for being a veritable tool in the Agricultural landscape.If not for proximity you would have gotten a regular farm visitor in me cry
Please Sir, I have a client who needs seedless cucumber seedlings.I will appreciate if you can help me out.So sorry for bothering you,I would have called if I had your digits.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Princeadebayo11(m): 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2022
Please I just need the fertilizer I needed if I want to go into cucumber farming and their methods of applications and interval, and all the pesticide to avoid attack and diseases. I've been trying to figure it out through the tread but couldn't get it
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2022
Maryam1234:
Congratulations Sir,on your bumper cucumber harvest.Thanks for being a veritable tool in the Agricultural landscape.If not for proximity you would have gotten a regular farm visitor in me cry
Please Sir, I have a client who needs seedless cucumber seedlings.I will appreciate if you can help me out.So sorry for bothering you,I would have called if I had your digits.
I don't know anybody that is into seedless seed at the moment.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2022
Princeadebayo11:
Please I just need the fertilizer I needed if I want to go into cucumber farming and their methods of applications and interval, and all the pesticide to avoid attack and diseases. I've been trying to figure it out through the tread but couldn't get it
1. fungicide= Cabrio duo, SAAf/funguforce 2. Insecticide= imiforce, cypermethring 3.fertilizer= npk15 15 15 and potassium nitrate. Go through my cucumber playlist on my channel you will see how I apply it there, also study this thread and okoroemeka for More insight.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Princeadebayo11(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
1. fungicide= Cabrio duo, SAAf/funguforce 2. Insecticide= imiforce, cypermethring 3.fertilizer= npk15 15 15 and potassium nitrate. Go through my cucumber playlist on my channel you will see how I apply it there, also study this thread and okoroemeka for More insight.
Thanks for the reply sir
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
move tomato related questions to my tomato thread so viewers will not be confuse.
Ok. I saw the variety there. Tnks.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by REUBEN010(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2022
FarmTech:

I've seen records of good performance with Cobra from Technisem. Other good varieties are Platinum and Padma.

In all, also try manage your nursery practices so that you have healthy seedlings because many field errors and diseases arise from poor nursery management.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by FarmTech(m): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2022
REUBEN010:

I've seen records of good performance with Cobra from Technisem. Other good varieties are Platinum and Padma.

In all, also try manage your nursery practices so that you have healthy seedlings because many field errors and diseases arise from poor nursery management.
Thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by uche393: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
pls what's the best way to mix cocopeat, I want to be doing nursery since I plant below 1.5k seeds
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Chidiebubeoji: 1:45am On Sep 23, 2022
Please, Can one estimate how much it will cost to set up drip irrigation on a plot of land? (For cucumber)

2 Likes

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2022
uche393:
pls what's the best way to mix cocopeat, I want to be doing nursery since I plant below 1.5k seeds
go through my cucumber playlist on my channel.

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2022
At the moment we are in cucumber glut period, the biggest was sold 6.5k this morning. For a Smart farmer he/she will sell as soon as possible and comot eye. Dem greedy mofo cucumber will rotten this short period I saw up to like 15bags pig will eat this morning. If you have materials to plant, plant ASSP. I HAVE LIKE 1.5K STAND and I will be doing another nursery next week.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2022
The little one I have in field...I will be doing another nursery by next week.

Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
At the moment we are in cucumber glut period, the biggest was sold 6.5k this morning. For a Smart farmer he/she will sell as soon as possible and comot eye. Dem greedy mofo cucumber will rotten this short period I saw up to like 15bags pig will eat this morning. If you have materials to plant, plant ASSP. I HAVE LIKE 1.5K STAND and I will be doing another nursery next week.
Cucumber is everywhere boss.
But I see the glut reducing soon(max 4 weeks)
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by aquadude15: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
The little one I have in field...I will be doing another nursery by next week.
What is the distance between your ridge boss
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2022
aquadude15:

What is the distance between your ridge boss
you mean furrow right? The least is 1.2m some are like 1.3m. if I have my Way I will do 1.4m
Re: My Cucumber Farm Dairy by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2022
aquadude15:

Cucumber is everywhere boss.
But I see the glut reducing soon(max 4 weeks)
sure! That is why I said " if materials are available plant ASAP"

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (72) (Reply)

Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.