Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia (1031 Views)

My Visit To Chad (live Update). / Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update). / Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hey. I'm from Australia and I travel to politically interesting places and make documentaries about them. I'm independent and not with any organization. Tell me, realistically how safe is Maiduguri for a white guy if I was to have a local with me? What about lake chad? Is it even accessible? What about Kano? I'm not worried about a bit of danger, I've been to war zones before, but I need to know about accessibility and stuff.

Also is crossing the border to Chad feasible?
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by mariahAngel(f): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:
Hey. I'm from Australia and I travel to politically interesting places and make documentaries about them. I'm independent and not with any organization. Tell me, realistically how safe is Maiduguri for a white guy if I was to have a local with me? What about lake chad? Is it even accessible? What about Kano? I'm not worried about a bit of danger, I've been to war zones before, but I need to know about accessibility and stuff.

Judging by how Australia is filled with dangerous snakes of different species, I'd say going to Maiduguri should be like a walk in the park for you.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by heendrix(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:

It's delusional to think you'd be safe being a White man Boko Haram doesn't know the difference between a White and a black guy you'd get the worst treatment being a white guy even. But well, if you're immune to bullets....then you got my pass stamp buddy
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
OP here. Am I unironically more likely to be kidnapped than not? Is my chance better than 50%?
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by ProudBornoBoy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:

Maiduguri is actually safe since it’s the capital state, you will welcomed, they are a lot of white folks here mainly on Humanitarian mission, but Crossing the Boarders to Chad is not advisable, that’s the operational base of a terrorist group.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by ProudBornoBoy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:
OP here. Am I unironically more likely to be kidnapped than not? Is my chance better than 50%?

You won’t be kidnapped.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by thesicilian: 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
Overfeeding
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by heendrix(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
thesicilian:
Overfeeding
aswear ehn....guy man don chop belle full hin no fit think again
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
heendrix:

It's delusional to think you'd be safe being a White man Boko Haram doesn't know the difference between a White and a black guy you'd get the worst treatment being a white guy even. But well, if you're immune to bullets....then you got my pass stamp buddy

Yeah that's what I mean I thought I'd obviously be more of a target being white
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by heendrix(m): 6:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:

what you need the journey for if I'd ask??

let's say you publish it and ??
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
[quote author=heendrix post=94640102]

what you need the journey for if I'd ask??

let's say you publish it and ?? [/bquote]

I want to make a name for myself so I can investigate more places in the world and bring awareness to people in my country. People in Australia have no clue what's happening in the rest of the world and I want to inform.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Ourown(m): 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
Why not tag along with the NGOs involved in relief work over there? Maybe get in touch with them. What do you think ?
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Modupeoluwa123(f): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:

Hello, i am a storyteller and documentary filmmaker here in Nigeria. I have interest in documenting the northern part of Nigeria before exploring the world, I could be your host as well as work with you if you don’t mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
jasbur:

You've been to war zone before but here is not a war zone it's a killing zone.go to other countries for your documentary
E get why
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
Modupeoluwa123:

Hello, i am a storyteller and documentary filmmaker here in Nigeria. I have interest in documenting the northern part of Nigeria before exploring the world, I could be your host as well as work with you if you don’t mind.
Whatttttt!!!!!!!
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Breezy90(m): 12:46am On Oct 06, 2020
The lake chad basin has been a hot spot for years, Iswap is reported to have its base there, they then go on and launch attacks on neighboring chad and Nigeria.I would advise you seek proper advice from the locals and NGOs before you venture on this sojourn.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Etinosa1234: 4:25am On Oct 06, 2020
That part of the country is unsafe.. I’ll advise u to wait

But if u want, u can meet with the NGOs there
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 4:54am On Oct 06, 2020
Modupeoluwa123:

Hey brother! Send me an email on my nairaland profile let's get in touch
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by aieromon(m): 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2020
jasbur:

Maiduguri and surrounding towns are relatively safe and heavily surrounded with military presence.

Lake Chad region is miles away from Maiduguri and requires military clearance. I doubt if you will be granted a pass.
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Pheo: 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
jasbur:

Why maiduguri?? there are other interesting places to visit in nigeria asides that.
tho there some areas safe in maiduguri but you'd need someone that understands the terrain to be your guide
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
Pheo:

Why maiduguri?? there are other interesting places to visit in nigeria asides that.
tho there some areas safe in maiduguri but you'd need someone that understands the terrain to be your guide

Yeah for sure I will visit Kano, Lagos etc as well. Anywhere in particular you recommend?
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Modupeoluwa123(f): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
jasbur:

I’m a lady actually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
Modupeoluwa123:

I’m a lady actually.

Apologies smiley
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Modupeoluwa123(f): 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
jasbur:

Apologies smiley
It’s fine�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Modupeoluwa123(f): 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
ZIINI:

Whatttttt!!!!!!!
Excuse me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
Modupeoluwa123:

Excuse me?
I should squeeze you??
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Modupeoluwa123(f): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
ZIINI:

I should squeeze you??
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks for putting a smile on my face today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Modupeoluwa123(f): 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
jasbur:

Tried sending you a mail but I dunno what’s wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
Modupeoluwa123:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks for putting a smile on my face today.
Really wink
Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by KnightofMoscow: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
CNN headline news will be " An adventurer from Australia was hacked to death in Borno State Nigeria"

Nigeria has always been on international news for bad issues..you also want to contribute right?

there are many places you can visit in Nigeria, why maiduguri? why terrorist headquarters? you can visit Cross River State, from there you can Cross to Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by Modupeoluwa123(f): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
ZIINI:

Really wink
Yh bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Visit Maiduguri, Lake Chad From Australia by jasbur: 6:09am On Oct 07, 2020
Modupeoluwa123:

Tried sending you a mail but I dunno what’s wrong.

Hit me there smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Mysterious Places In The World / I Need Urgent Advice On My Planned Trip To Japan / What Is The Difference Between These Names Of A Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.