Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,432 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi (54220 Views)

Abakaliki Mall, Ebonyi Taking Shape (Pictures) / A Visit To Ebonyi International Market Built By Governor Umahi / Alaba Int'l Market And Aba Market: Which Is The Most Popular? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ekugbeh(m): 8:18am On Oct 06, 2020
psucc:
David Umahi must be invited for a 2hour questioning.

Where does he get the money for the projects?
seconded
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by mu2sa2: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2020
The slum in the background is an eyesore
and should be cleared and the place transformed.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 06, 2020
psucc:

I support this

I just don't understand

He gets the least allocation

Or is there some very rare expensive minerals they mine in his state that no one knows about ?? �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by lonelydora: 8:23am On Oct 06, 2020
Rugaria:
In the SE, we are mainly traders. Overtime, trading has provided ready jobs for our teaming youths who can't compete with the owners of Nigeria for jobs in such areas as the army, custom, NNPC etc. If petty trading helps to keep the population occupied, the government should be warry of helping to set up big malls all over the place.., malls with their sharp practices, owned by some aleady rich foreigners, whose only interest will be to maximize profit will kill jobs... The success of such big malls will ultimately jeopardize the ability of the ordinary traders to function effectively, unless the government can guarantee a healthy middle class with enough disposable income to keep the flashy malls busy. If not, we might be solving one problem by creating another one (unemployment) here.

Relax, bro. It depends on the price tags at the mall. Easterners do not like cheating, they rather get a corn from Mama Nkechi for N50 than from the mall for N500. Have you forgotten what happened to Shoprite at Onitsha?

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by ginggerxy: 8:23am On Oct 06, 2020
psucc:

people you should be inviting for questioning are: bayelsa state governor, delta state governor, and that fat fool of Abia state to give a detailed explanation of how they have squandered the state's allocations.
To me Dave is not doing anything out of ordinary

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2020
[s]
mrjojo:
A government building a mall is supposed to be an achievement? 80% of the residence can't even afford to shop there. Nigeria Government and misplaced priority. Is there enough schools, health centers, low-cost housing, etc already ?
[/s]

You are just a talkative who talks without facts!!

Shut the hell up jare

Omo jati jati

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by OVB123: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2020
Faithful007:
Umahi is good. However his craze for infrastructure is leading ebonyi down the valley of colossal debt. Man even reduced salaries to build projects. He should balance things up.
Thank God I have see someone who is reasonable. Do you know that the next governor (his successor) will not be able to work as a result of huge debt that will be left behind for Him.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2020
Daniel058:
The way some people look at Us Ebonyians self grin , forgetting that some millionaires and Billionaires occupying their States are Ebonyians.

E go shock you that people you see carrying Cutlass / hoe to farm of other people are actually richer than people they are working For ... grin

That member is from ondo

2 Likes

People go dey go there now dey think say na abroad grin grin grin
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:26am On Oct 06, 2020
psucc:

A woman was complaining on how he tax the citizens heavy. My question is do you prefer bad roads and money in ur pocket or do u prefer good roads and alot of investments. Do you know the woman's reply? She said I'm just tell you where it's paining me. Not only her buh most ebonyians. That made me realize most nigerians don't want to sacrifice anything for this country to be better.

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by BruncleZuma: 8:26am On Oct 06, 2020
grin grin grin grin

Dubai Mall...

well done Umahi
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by wellmax(m): 8:26am On Oct 06, 2020
This is commendable, but comparing it to Dubai is foolhardy
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by mfm04622: 8:27am On Oct 06, 2020
omoadeleye:

not too much, they too will need to recoup all their returns back

What kind of business do you need 100 years to recoup your investment? Lol!!!
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by hatakekakashi: 8:27am On Oct 06, 2020
Karlovich:
Nightmares for Algae soup drinkers, unlike what they have in their rusted roof republic
Am surprised to see the tribalistic side of you
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 06, 2020
[s]
tamdun:

So na southwest people dey tag ebonyi people fake Igbo? It's crystal b to everyone that other Igbos don't love ebonyi Igbos, u mofos should stop bringing yoruba people into ur palava
[/s]

Where did you get this analogy? You are a useless animal with no sense in patriotism..

I have never seen anywhere where to show that ibo people hate themselves

You are a bitter soulless garbage who poverty has cursed and will continue to curse

Thief , Yahoo criminal

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 06, 2020
tamdun:

So na southwest people dey tag ebonyi people fake Igbo? It's crystal clear to everyone that other Igbos don't love ebonyi Igbos, u mofos should stop bringing yoruba people into ur palava

Seun mynd44 OAM4J dominique
Rule 2
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ayubaossy(m): 8:30am On Oct 06, 2020
Fine
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by adeade83: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2020
neoclassical:
Pix

THIS IS VERY MASSIVE!
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Focusmind: 8:31am On Oct 06, 2020
mrjojo:
A government building a mall is supposed to be an achievement? 80% of the residence can't even afford to shop there. Nigeria Government and misplaced priority. Is there enough schools, health centers, low-cost housing, etc already ?

They will come for your head. Government should not involve in this kind of thing. I will prefer a decent primary schools in rural villages and not the chicken cages we have. Build skill acquisition centers for youths and empower them. Modernize hospitals and inner street roads. They will rather prefer to build hefty fly over with no economic value. Having well tarred roads and inner street roads are more important than having one gigantic bridge or flyover.

Government in Nigeria are known for misplaced priorities - I am not impressed.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Nightstalker:

I support this

I just don't understand

He gets the least allocation

Or is there some very rare expensive minerals they mine in his state that no one knows about ?? �

Of course.. there are loads of chippings in the state for constructing roads. That is why he is building solid structures and roads everywhere. Look what ever that man is doing I support it 100%
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Burgerlomo: 8:34am On Oct 06, 2020
Beautiful!

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2020
I told my wife I am moving to Abakiliki, she thought I was joking.

Gone are the days Ebonyi was the butt of jokes. The state in on course to be next big thing due to sound leadership

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by achierosion(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2020
mrjojo:
What are they selling there that an ordinary citizens cannot afford?

Your only concern is to hear bad news from Ebonyi state.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by flyingpig: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

A woman was complaining on how he tax the citizens heavy. My question is do you prefer bad roads and money in ur pocket or do u prefer good roads and alot of investments. Do you know the woman's reply? She said I'm just tell you where it's paining me. Not only her buh most ebonyians. That made me realize most nigerians don't want to sacrifice anything for this country to be better.
Your submission is very true.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by omoadeleye(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2020
mfm04622:

What kind of business do you need 100 years to recoup your investment? Lol!!!

oga, lease is lease ,and no be first time dem dan do am.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by AbuAeesha: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
I learnt silverbed has contracted to run the mall for a lease of 100 years
100 yrs, baba u sure so?
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by achierosion(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2020
Daniel058:
The way some people look at Us Ebonyians self grin , forgetting that some millionaires and Billionaires occupying their States are Ebonyians.

E go shock you that people you see carrying Cutlass / hoe to farm of other people are actually richer than people they are working For ... grin
Why labouring yourself to quote that bad son of a good man.

All he enjoys is bad news from Ebonyi state.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Faithful007: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2020
OVB123:
Thank God I have see someone who is reasonable. Do you know that the next governor (his successor) will not be able to work as a result of huge debt that will be left behind for Him.
some months back, I was talking with someone who parent was a state civil servant, he lamented on the hardship they faced which made him very unhappy. He needs to seriously look in human capital development. He has built enough.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by achierosion(m): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Faithful007:
Umahi is good. However his craze for infrastructure is leading ebonyi down the valley of colossal debt. Man even reduced salaries to build projects. He should balance things up.
how much did Ebonyi owned compare to ur state?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by mfm04622: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2020
omoadeleye:

oga, lease is lease ,and no be first time dem dan do am.

Apart from undeveloped land, I have never seen where a property is leased for 100 years
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by SuccessSecrets: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2020
psucc:

May I provide you with answers.

All Nigerian states are rich as well as the local governments.

Most times the difference between a well to do person and a poor fellow, is simply how they put their money to use.

Give 2 people N10m each, come back in 10 years, Mr A has grown his N10m to a networth of N50m, while Mr B now has a N2k account balance like he has never seen money all his life.

That's is what is happening with Umahi, he is an excellent manager of small resources.

Money is like a beautiful woman, if you treat her well, she stays with you and multiplies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Businesses To Start With Small Money / Ex-bankers Jailed 91 Years Over N114.6m Fraud (Photo) / Enugu Shoprite....my Dope Swagg Pictures There.. Me And My G's.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.