Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi (54251 Views)

Abakaliki Mall, Ebonyi Taking Shape (Pictures) / A Visit To Ebonyi International Market Built By Governor Umahi / Alaba Int'l Market And Aba Market: Which Is The Most Popular? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by omoadeleye(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2020
mfm04622:

Apart from undeveloped land, I have never seen where a property is leased for 100 years

one hospital like that in one state, i have forgotten the state...

but is used for commercial activities which is also a benefit to the state, I don't think there's a problem in that.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by SpecTTraP: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2020
Isn't same vision Tinapa in Calabar was built for? Chai, Tinapa, such a huge disappointment.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2020
AbuAeesha:

100 yrs, baba u sure so?
Yeah
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2020
IGBOSON1:

More like....invited for a grilling! Like they do in those Hollywood films when they’re questioning a suspect in a near-empty room at the police station! smiley

Sharap and stop spewing rvbbish
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by achierosion(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2020
mu2sa2:
The slum in the background is an eyesore
and should be cleared and the place transformed.
That's not a slum but a building materials market and very soon the market will be relocated.

In Ebonyi, we don't know what slum is all about, only 'ogbe Hausa'.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by SuccessSecrets: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2020
Rugaria:
In the SE, we are mainly traders. Overtime, trading has provided ready jobs for our teaming youths who can't compete with the owners of Nigeria for jobs in such areas as the army, custom, NNPC etc. If petty trading helps to keep the population occupied, the government should be warry of helping to set up big malls all over the place.., malls with their sharp practices, owned by some aleady rich foreigners, whose only interest will be to maximize profit will kill jobs... The success of such big malls will ultimately jeopardize the ability of the ordinary traders to function effectively, unless the government can guarantee a healthy middle class with enough disposable income to keep the flashy malls busy. If not, we might be solving one problem by creating another one (unemployment) here.

Very good reasoning.

I put this up in my state when a new mall entered and it happened.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by magicminister: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2020
Karlovich:
Nightmares for Algae soup drinkers, unlike what they have in their rusted roof republic

We can defeat tribalism and build a stronger Nigeria. We are all blacks and the world is already against us. We can’t be against ourselves regardless of past misdeeds. This is good news for Ebonyi and the eastern region as a whole. I hope it brings jobs and economic growth to the state and usher in a brighter future.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by 77up(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2020
Madmohamed419:
Na South West people they don't like anything good in igbo land. But if their governor beuld it they that is yeruba for you
I don't know if this is Greek anyway but pls young man, we can do better without tribalism, we all plays it but can still be stopped. That's only how we can live together in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by nedekid: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2020
Karlovich:
Nightmares for Algae soup drinkers, unlike what they have in their rusted roof republic
Which one is algae soup again?
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by omoadeleye(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2020
mfm04622:

Apart from undeveloped land, I have never seen where a property is leased for 100 years

"Ebonyi takes over mission hospital as 100-year lease expires"
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by PortHarcourt1st: 8:54am On Oct 06, 2020
See ifeanyi ugwu aka achierosion running around the whole thread attacking anyone with a different view of the backward ebonyi state. Make I no add my own salt yet cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Giwoni: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2020
mrjojo:
I lived in Abakaliki for 4 years mate, the majority are poor! that is the point
what is the the % of the rich in the world? Sometimes you talk trash! Has there been any time the rich are more than poor in any State or country? Clone spotted ��

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by PortHarcourt1st: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2020
It looks more like a cathedral church than a mall.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by mrjojo: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2020
achierosion:
What are they selling there that an ordinary citizens cannot afford?

Your only concern is to hear bad news from Ebonyi state.
Bros, I'm not hating, I just feel there are more important and basic amenities provision the government can focus on. There is nothing wrong if it were a private enterprise.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by PortHarcourt1st: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2020
mrjojo:
I lived in Abakaliki for 4 years mate, the majority are poor! that is the point

I still wonder what they will be selling in that mall. The mall will likely be a waste of resources because low patronage due to poor purchasing power of ebonyi people will just close it down.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by bigcasava1(m): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
I learnt silverbed has contracted to run the mall for a lease of 100 years
verify very well and stop manifesting ur ignorance. We have better hands in southeast to do that.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by bigcasava1(m): 9:01am On Oct 06, 2020
Well done my governor, Igbo indeed Amaka

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ikennamurphy: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2020
bigcasava1:
verify very well and stop manifesting ur ignorance. We have better hands in southeast to do that.
Only a toddler resorts to insults.. Grow up kiddo
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Investnow2017: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2020
Is this a joke or what? Or did he mean a hypermarket in Dubai. This does not qualify to be compared with the least mall in Sharjah undecided
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2020
See them hypocrites already falling heads over heels to praise the job of the state government

If same project were to emanate from Lagos the hypocrites would be saying shittts about it being a glorified slum

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by lmm4real: 9:11am On Oct 06, 2020
neoclassical:
Pix

Dead Architecture.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by lmm4real: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
It looks more like a cathedral church than a mall.

Dead Architecture.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Ken91(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2020
high up some weed the bitches niga,

affordable housing and store should had been the best thing for the people, with public toilet it could have generate more income too
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by edogu(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2020
psucc:
David Umahi must be invited for a 2hour questioning.

Where does he get the money for the projects?
You want to know how he gets his money? Ok!
-No promotion for workers for the past five years.
-Loans from African Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank etc
-Use of Caretaker Committee Chairman both in his early terms as a Governor.
-Non-implementation of minimum wage of 18000 except for the last one of N30000.
-Non-payment of gratuities to retirees. The bailout funds which was approved by the President Buhari specifically for workers' welfare were not properly utilized. Retired workers were paid 20% of their gratuity from that fund. This is after going through excruciating pain of documentation upon documentation.
-Introduction of a cut-throat tax for Ebonyians.
- Most of the construction works are implemented using direct labour. Unfortunately, it is alleged that his company happens to be the major beneficiary.
Could you believe:
Up till this moment, university workers are yet to receive their three months salaries not minding the fact that the state has been receiving allocation from the FG.

What is the essence of building (substandard) flyover bridges when we've dilapidated school buildings that needs upgrade.

You see some of the projects currently being implemented by him are unnecessary.
-What the essence of ecumenical centre when we have an existing International Conference Center.
-What's the essence of having new stadium when you have one already.

Commendation:
-I must commend him for the road constructions currently going on the state. You need to visit other states in the South East to appreciate him.

- He has done well in promoting agriculture especially rice farming in Ebonyi State. Under his administration, sale of foreign rice in state is considered a TABOO. If you are caught, OYO will become your middle name.

- Ebonyi State was already in the map. However, most of the news were usually negative. His administration contributed immensely in burnishing the image of state.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by okonyia(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2020
This governor is a reformer. I respect him, right from the first one year of his government. The next governor of Eboyi State will have to work hard to beat this man record
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by lordaltruist(m): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2020
When it comes to fast developing states in Nigeria, the states that comes to mind is Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi; the rest are noise makers.
Over a few years, the both governors have put their states in the limelight for effective and commendable development of the states in all ramifications.
I am looking forward to going all out to vote for the two governors as President and Vice President of Nigeria.
God bless Akwa Ibom State
God bless Ebonyi State and
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by executive12: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2020
I hope they can get customers.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2020
If it's not "small London", it's Dubai.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by chatinent: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2020
Cool building.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Rugaria: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2020
lonelydora:

Relax, bro. It depends on the price tags at the mall. Easterners do not like cheating, they rather get a corn from Mama Nkechi for N50 than from the mall for N500. Have you forgotten what happened to Shoprite at Onitsha?

How about the Chinese shoe factory by Okeziie in Aba? I mean a Chinese shoe factory in the middle of Aba when you can partner with an Aba manufacturer to import modern shoe making tools to upgrade first, before importing the fierce competition from the Chinese who are miles ahead both in financing and technology...

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Mejor79(m): 9:38am On Oct 06, 2020
psucc:

Governor David Umahi accessed loan from Islamic bank.

Those loans are properly monitored. Ebonyi state would pay back those loans until next 30years.

But its better as the state has been fully developed with basic infrastructures.

THE CHALLENGES:

1. What's the quality & standard of projects?
2. The credibility of companies doing the Job?
3. Will projects stand the test of time in future?

Because quality of infrastructure in a state attracts investors to grow the economy of the state.
Re: Ebonyi Int'l Mall, À Microcosm Of Dubai Mall Built By Umahi by Goldencheese(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2020
psucc:

I dey tell you. Na that kind guy Igbos suppose to present for president and not Kalu. The man don transform Ebonyi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-bankers Jailed 91 Years Over N114.6m Fraud (Photo) / Businesses To Start With Small Money / Venue Of Folorunso Alakija's 65th Birthday Party Decorated With Gold(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.