Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,416 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU (36045 Views)

Top 6 Industries You Can’t Work If You Have A Long Beard / UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student / FG Approves Reopening Of Universities, Polytechnics, Unity Schools On October 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by sinkhole: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2020
symbianDON:
in polytechnics, chief lecturers exist.
but those, including COE are on IPPIS, so why bringing them here
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by rezy15(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2020
Maybe govt should just hands off federal universities let fees be raised. Maybe students and dropouts will stop blaming academic staff for their failures to protest poor service delivery

4 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by symbianDON(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2020
sinkhole:
but those, including COE are on IPPIS, so why bringing them here
I responded based on the earlier post which specifically mentioned chief lecturers.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by puremaker7(m): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

I rather lose every breath in me than engage you.
Your energy should be channeled into making use of correct syntaxes.
Aunty, it's time for your med.

4 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by weyreypey: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
rezy15:
Maybe govt should just hands off federal universities let fees be raised. Maybe students and dropouts will stop blaming academic staff for their failures to protest poor service delivery

just maybe
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by sinkhole: 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
symbianDON:
I responded based on the earlier post which specifically mentioned chief lecturers.
it's alright, you could have, diplomatically, corrected the wrong of the other guy though wink
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by symbianDON(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
sinkhole:
it's alright, you could have, diplomatically, corrected the wrong of the other guy though wink
thanks bro.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by King44(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

You just typed trash, how about you tell us how much chief lecturers, associate proffesors and professors are paid to be taxed above 50k?
I pay a tax of #18,350 monthly and it is indirectly proportional to my monthly pay and there is no harm in it. Do you even know how much a professor earns? How on hell does their tax render the minimum wage useless? Those who could complain of unfavourable minimum wage are those at the base of the payroll not the senior staff and officials. You should not pay tax at all then.
I can even swear you are just a wannabe staff, you don't know how the system works.
Now get off my sight and make the right complaints.

Actually na fight.
Does it make sense at all to talk about how much you are taxed without opening up on how much you are paid?
The assistant lecturers, other junior staff and co are the ones being probably underpaid and whatever benefits come out of this nonsensical strike won't even get to them. And that one was foolishly writing about professors as if na small money them dey collect.
I said it, these ASUU people, Buhari and Fraud are like 5&6

They keep playing with our lives
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Jackyz: 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
wetin concern me, if dey like mak dem no resume
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Hearme(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
Monjerk:

Una own even good, each time I look at my tax, and knowing that the government is not using it judiciously, I just feel so bad, am even thinking that my company is over taxing me.

Sometimes I pay tax of 86k to 95k plus NHF of about 6k to 8k, they still come remove pension of about 45k to 50k, the salary never finish be that.

I believe my company is over taxing us out of fear.

So painful.

On the lecturer own, the truth is that they were not paying tax before, now that they start deducting tax, those guys want to cry when they see their salary.

How much is your salary? All government workers pay tax. An assistant lecturer at Bar in 2014 has a gross of around 155k including housing, which is slightly about 1,000 dollars as at then with black market price was 163k. With IPPIS deductions and poor economy a professor earns less than the current rate of 1,000 dollars in 2020. The amount a PhD student will be paid for doing his PHD research outside the country. If everything keep going up, then salary of someone who pays for journal publications, society dues, conference participation and others in dollars, euros and GBP should not be stagnant. Not to talk of housing cost that has increased to times 2 or 3 of what government pays you depending on where you live. Nigerian workers have sacrificed enough. This is not the kind of CHANGE or NEXT LEVEL we bargained for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by saraki2019(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
Monjerk:

Like I said earlier una own is still good,I lost over 30% of my salary on tax, NHF and pension.

The ippis they are complaining is still better than ours.

So painful.
Sorry, I forgot nhf
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Hearme(m): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

My P man is a professor, he didn't even earn 600k in 2015 let alone currently nor that 500k meagre of a pay.
You hediots will just come online to embarrass yourselves by coming up with things you know shit about.
Stop airing hearsays, these people are deceiving you lots.
A known vertinary professor earns #1.4M, the same level with Sultan of Sokoto and most grade A kings in Nigeria. I bet you don't know those kings earn that much.
Now get out of my mentions and only say what you know.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nsiwc.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/The-Consolidated-University-Academic-Staff-Salary-Structure-II-CONUASS-II.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjG-b6k-p_sAhXMi1wKHWDFAbgQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0ObPKz7UEJBDlsTWYrs5m2

This link will give you the PDF copy of what is confusing you with effect from 2019. Use your calculator well. After deductions your Prof on bar earns 423k.

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Hearme(m): 1:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

You went to pick some random nonsense from the media to counter what I told you my parent earns? So highest paid professor in Nigeria earns #500k? Just when I thought I have seen it all.

May my life not turn out like yours.

You should know that Medical Doctors who are consultants working in the University dont earn the same with others. IPPIS works with approved payments from NSIWC and this information is available online. So don't use an isolated few cases to debunk what others are saying.

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Hearme(m): 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
otokx:

not purposely cut off, they only say its not official, minimum wage effected but arrears yet to be paid.

Did you work with IPPIS? Why have funds been released and paid to other federal staff since December 2019 but the Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and a few are yet to be paid? Dont you think that someone is trading with their money? Is that not an example of centralized corruption? Why are deductions not been remitted as at when due?

3 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by otokx(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hearme:

Did you work with IPPIS? Why have funds been released and paid to other federal staff since December 2019 but the Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and a few are yet to be paid? Dont you think that someone is trading with their money? Is that not an example of centralized corruption? Why are deductions not been remitted as at when due?

Which funds are you talking about? Which deductions have not been remitted apart from NHF?
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by romenna: 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
The only way I'll support this IPPIS shit is if they give me a govt job.
Until then na all Mallan with him kettle level

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by arko2: 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
What a country we find our self into.... The government feel less concerned about the education system in the country
My follow student we don enter one chance

3 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by romenna: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
weyreypey:

You publish with your money. Take loans to do research...no funding...yet you want to tax...tax what?
so who will now pay the tax for your salary to keep coming. You are not serious
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by inteli: 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
rezy15:

Using insults hides ur ignorance. A senior lecturer at step 1 doesnt earn more than 230k. 250 max if the state tax is fair. I have been in the system for 8 yrs. I knw what am saying. Stop being an ass and admit you knw nothing.

Please forget the fool, you are saying what is verifiable which I just did. Leave the ignoramus to wallow in her ignorance

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by ofiko123(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
post=94653814:
Last Last, School Na Scam

I am telling you..
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by ofiko123(m): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
Let them not resume... School don tire us..
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by proffemi: 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

None of your claims makes any sense anymore immediately you said no professor earns more than 500k.
It is just like a son of a carpenter arguing with a son of a Doctor over how much a doctor earns.
I know how much Pop earned when he was an ordinary assistant lecturer over 20 years ago to this current level of his.
I won't argue with a dildo_ over something obvious.

Really sad when an ignoramus shouts louder than those trying to inform her.
If all you've said about your "dad" are true, then one can conclude that he is one of the rotten eggs giving ASUU a bad name. You've just come here to open his "yansh". You should be ashamed of yourself for the aggressiveness with which you are defending your baseless stance.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by bahaushe1: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

Shame on your ignorance.

If I were you I would have provided empirical evidence rather than just saying 'shame on your ignorance'.

By the way, I am a lecturer in a federal university.

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Temysteve(m): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2020
Xixtie:

You just typed trash, how about you tell us how much chief lecturers, associate proffesors and professors are paid to be taxed above 50k?
I pay a tax of #18,350 monthly and it is indirectly proportional to my monthly pay and there is no harm in it. Do you even know how much a professor earns? How on hell does their tax render the minimum wage useless? Those who could complain of unfavourable minimum wage are those at the base of the payroll not the senior staff and officials. You should not pay tax at all then.
I can even swear you are just a wannabe staff, you don't know how the system works.
Now get off my sight and make the right complaints.

Actually na fight.
Does it make sense at all to talk about how much you are taxed without opening up on how much you are paid?
The assistant lecturers, other junior staff and co are the ones being probably underpaid and whatever benefits come out of this nonsensical strike won't even get to them. And that one was foolishly writing about professors as if na small money them dey collect.
av been leaving with a professor for the past 5 yrs and I can vividly tell you his total package is just around 450k
even the VCs of all federal institutions is just 900k-1.2M, I just want to believe that the govt is not transparent enough with the IPPS ish..

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Sheggy13(m): 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
adioolayi:

There are lot of underemployed Drs with lecturing experience ....You only picked the unemployed and ignored the underemployed..read my comments slowly.
Any way you look at it, you goofed in that your statement, accept and move on. So in your mind, you feel the proportion of these underemployed Drs is enough to fill in the space of senior academics (Senior lecturers and Associate/Full Professors)? With the current staff mix, NUC is still complaining of inadequacy of Senior academics in our Universities and you want to make it worse with chasing these senior ones away and replacing them with your underemployed Drs who these senior academics supervised and mentored.. Even with a fresh PhD, do you know how the numerous years of painstaking research and teaching it will take you to become a Professor? Experience cannot be bought or easily replaced my brother.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Delta Poly Students Use Convoy Of Expensive Cars For Their Graduation Party / Eksu (unad & Usti) Cutoff Mark And Admission News! / 300Level OAU Pharmacy Student Drowns, Dies Inside Hotel Swimming Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.