Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU (36018 Views)

Top 6 Industries You Can’t Work If You Have A Long Beard / UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student / FG Approves Reopening Of Universities, Polytechnics, Unity Schools On October 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by weyreypey: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2020
ODJ124:

I don't know who to believe again.... both are crooks..
No. The FG doesn't want a solid educational system where you can train people who ask questions. They want to keep turning out unemployable youths. The ASUU have members who have seen the light in developed countries and even less developed countries.... The youths need to join hands together to stop the decay in the universities... Help ASUU by holding FG accountable for spending ten years negotiating agreements and signing only for the FG to refuse implementation... Yet the cost of governance and corruption continues to soar unabated

5 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by weyreypey: 8:01am On Oct 06, 2020
adioolayi:

You can't dictate to your employer...If you are part of ASUU, resign if conditions of service doesn't suit you.

Progress of life of millions of Nigeria Universities students on stagnation, while thousands of their counterparts in private universities are unhindered..if that doesn't bother you as a citizen, parent or whatever you are...(Maybe because your wards are in private university..just like most ASUU people do)...It bothers me as a concerned citizen.

Next time don't display your foolery openly. I will allow your madness to pass this time
Don't be a complete iddiot. You want universities that produces unemployable youths.... To what end? Do you even know what a university means?

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Monjerk: 8:01am On Oct 06, 2020
Samfloxin:
I am currently receiving salary through IPPIS platform. The only good thing about the platform is that the unnecessary deductions by school management has stopped. The truth is that this government uses the platform for their selfish interest. The kind of tax they deduct from worker's salary is very painful. Do you believe that chief lecturers pay more than 50 thousand naira taxes,even professors. The deduction has rendered the new minimum wage useless... completely useless.

Una own even good, each time I look at my tax, and knowing that the government is not using it judiciously, I just feel so bad, am even thinking that my company is over taxing me.

Sometimes I pay tax of 86k to 95k plus NHF of about 6k to 8k, they still come remove pension of about 45k to 50k, the salary never finish be that.

I believe my company is over taxing us out of fear.

So painful.

On the lecturer own, the truth is that they were not paying tax before, now that they start deducting tax, those guys want to cry when they see their salary.

10 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by sinkhole: 8:02am On Oct 06, 2020
Something is fishy here, government keeps lying left, right and center: Ngige said lecturers are not being owed kobo, he said so on national TV! IPPIS director said all lecturers are now on IPPIS and they are only being owed August and September salary.
All the above are blatant lies!

3 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by ODJ124(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2020
weyreypey:

No. The FG doesn't want a solid educational system where you can train people who ask questions. They want to keep turning out unemployable youths. The ASUU have members who have seen the light in developed countries and even less developed countries.... The youths need to join hands together to stop the decay in the universities... Help ASUU by holding FG accountable for spending ten years negotiating agreements and signing only for the FG to refuse implementation... Yet the cost of governance and corruption continues to soar unabated
I read somewhere, how FG saved billions From ippis..

I blame both ASUU and FG.. for the decay in our institutions..

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Sheggy13(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2020
adioolayi:
Enroll on IPPIS and get paid...or resign and let thousands of unemployed and under employed qualified Nigerians take-up the lecturing job.
So much ignorance in one statement. Unemployed Nigerians with B.Sc or highest Master's degree are the ones you want to use to replace Professors and PhD holders with research experience in lecturing jobs right? Is that the best your brain can come up with?

13 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by weyreypey: 8:03am On Oct 06, 2020
Monjerk:

Una own even good, each time I look at my tax, and knowing that the government is not using it judiciously, I just feel so bad, am even thinking that my company is over taxing me.

Sometimes I pay tax of 86k to 95k plus NHF of about 6k to 8k, they still come remove pension of about 45k to 50k, the salary never finish be that.

So painful.

On the lecturer own, the truth is that they were not paying tax before, now not they start deducting tax, those guys want to cry when they see their salary.

You publish with your money. Take loans to do research...no funding...yet you want to tax...tax what?

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Xixtie(f): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2020
symbianDON:
it is you who just typed thrash not him. I know a few chief lecturers and I know how much they earn. A chief lecturer earns about 360,000k and has cumulative deductions of about 105,000k tax inclusive!!! Isn't that insane??
Another attention deprived kiddo.
I am talking from personal experience, a system I know front and back, he is on Nairaland telling me what the uncle to his elder sister's concubine told him. You all are pathetic jokers airing hearsays. Now go feed on dirt like your cohorts.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by K4daniel: 8:03am On Oct 06, 2020
On both parties it is greediness.

The lectures want to have the money paid to the university while govt is saying no way it's individual account.

My question is if any lecturer died the govt will continue paying the salary without knowing?

Same for those universities they know ghost workers that are benefiting and will keep sharing the money. They would not want govt to pay them directly.

Our problem is still corruption and corruption and more corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by amliftedhigher: 8:03am On Oct 06, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Aunty salary earner, you could still air your opinion without acting all rude on the guy you quoted .

Nairaland is not your father's property so respect other members views.
The guy or girl is ignorant about IPPIS

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by weyreypey: 8:03am On Oct 06, 2020
Sheggy13:

So much ignorance in one statement. Unemployed Nigerians with B.Sc or highest Master's degree are the ones you want to use to replace Professors and PhD holders with research experience in lecturing jobs right? Is that the best your brain can come up with?
Adioolayi is on her period

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by weyreypey: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2020
ODJ124:

I read somewhere, how FG saved billions From ippis..

I blame both ASUU and FG.. for the decay in our institutions..
FG saves? Joke of the century....do you believe that? Planting stories in the press is not reality

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by nneka97224: 8:05am On Oct 06, 2020
IPPIS IS A BIG swindle ORCHESTRATED BY THE THIEVES IN ACCOUNTANT GENERAL OFFICE.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by sinkhole: 8:05am On Oct 06, 2020
Monjerk:

So painful.

On the lecturer own, the truth is that they were not paying tax before, now that they start deducting tax, those guys want to cry when they see their salary.
Bros, please where you dey work?
Your deduction alone is 137k naira, how much be your salary?

6 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by amliftedhigher: 8:05am On Oct 06, 2020
adioolayi:
Enroll on IPPIS and get paid...or resign and let thousands of unemployed and under employed qualified Nigerians take-up the lecturing job.
You are saying this because you are not informed, believe me if you are receiving your salary through IPPIS, you won't say this

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Xixtie(f): 8:06am On Oct 06, 2020
weyreypey:

You are probably a laboratory attendant in a private polytechnic.
You don't know shit about the system.
ASUU aren't helping anyone but their pockets, to what do we owe the trillions they have been paid hitherto?
Go and face your lab work kiddo.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by SaintLorenzo(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2020
It's the best..
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by sinkhole: 8:08am On Oct 06, 2020
K4daniel:
On both parties it is greediness.

The lectures want to have the money paid to the university while govt is saying no way it's individual account.

My question is if any lecturer died the govt will continue paying the salary without knowing?

Same for those universities they know ghost workers that are benefiting and will keep sharing the money. They would not want govt to pay them directly.

Our problem is still corruption and corruption and more corruption.
what you said is just where my problem is:
ASUU does not manage salary or any payment in the Universities;
SSANU and NASU manages payment in the Universities and both of them are comfortably on IPPIS!
If a lecturer dies and his/her salary is paid, ASUU will never know but SSANU and NASU will know.

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by ReorxTohGan(m): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2020
sinkhole:
Bros, please where you dey work? Your deduction alone is 137k naira, how much be your salary?
Amebo... must u know!
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Drizzy5001(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2020
What kind of nonsense is this na? Me that was hoping to graduate before i clock 21 angry

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by adioolayi(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2020
weyreypey:

Don't be a complete iddiot. You want universities that produces unemployable youths.... To what end? Do you even know what a university means?

Unemployable youth as a result of what....You still believe in that curried excuses of "poor funding of universities, inadequate infrastructure, poor learning conditions" and other nonsensical excuses ASUU claimed to be fighting for since time memorial Just check the auditing of simple funds like "TETFUND" in Nigeria university system..you will amazed with how corruption is so enmeshed in university systems. What about little research grants some of these professors received They just chop money clean mouth.
All I am saying is, the little commited into theirs hands are being mismanaged years after years.

Now, their major headache is IPPIS a system put in place to check ghost workers and lecturers excesses in collecting salaries in three , four universities at the same time. Making them ineffective and churning out half-baked graduate you talked about.

They should allow sanity in our system...they should go back to class!

Now, I think I have schooled you enough. If you still don't understand...too bad.
Now, get the hell out of my mention.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Monjerk: 8:11am On Oct 06, 2020
saraki2019:
The taxing and pension deductions are just too much, an average staff loss almost 20% of his income. You need to see your ippis slip

Like I said earlier una own is still good,I lost over 30% of my salary on tax, NHF and pension.

The ippis they are complaining is still better than ours.

So painful.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by SexytorresE(f): 8:11am On Oct 06, 2020
At least I read to the middle then lost Interest. I hate epistles. So so story undecided
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by JimCrane30(m): 8:11am On Oct 06, 2020
Both the federal government and ASUU are not sincere about the IPPIS. One is refusing to be outsmarted by the other
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by sinkhole: 8:11am On Oct 06, 2020
ReorxTohGan:

Amebo...
must u know!
aaah, oga 137k naira deduction per month, your salary must be like 1000,000 naira per month o wink

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by opera1(m): 8:12am On Oct 06, 2020
RaptObserver:
No be lie. That IPPIS platform is not the ultimate means of payment. Government can work out a new and transparent platform with ASUU to bring lasting peace. People in accountant general's office still manage to illegally use IPPIS to enrich themselves allegedly.

nothing like lasting solution to ASUU's demand coz no government can satisfy ASUU. Their demand is alwayz unending.
They are insatiable.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by ibkkk(f): 8:12am On Oct 06, 2020
Samfloxin:
I am currently receiving salary through IPPIS platform. The only good thing about the platform is that the unnecessary deductions by school management has stopped. The truth is that this government uses the platform for their selfish interest. The kind of tax they deduct from worker's salary is very painful. Do you believe that chief lecturers pay more than 50 thousand naira taxes,even professors. The deduction has rendered the new minimum wage useless... completely useless.

Exactly... Heavy NHF deduction, heavy tax... That IPPIS is a scam

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by saintade01(m): 8:13am On Oct 06, 2020
Even when they were on strike, we kept paying them. We paid in March, April, May, June and July. They are now on the IPPIS because during the period of the lockdown, there was no other way to pay them. When they gave us their bank verification numbers, we migrated them to the IPPIS and we are now paying them on the IPPIS.”

Students shouting its government's fault, see your lecturers are still being paid for teaching you nothing.

2 Likes

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Monjerk: 8:13am On Oct 06, 2020
sinkhole:
Bros, please where you dey work?
Your deduction alone is 137k naira, how much be your salary?

Am just telling you the truth, those guys are killing us with tax out of fear of government.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by OwenJesse27(m): 8:13am On Oct 06, 2020
Adaorababy:
I don't understand why this country pays the least attention to education.
Blame ASUU they are the devil here...

1 Like

Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by adioolayi(m): 8:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Sheggy13:

There are lot of underemployed Drs with lecturing experience ....You only picked the unemployed and ignored the underemployed..read my comments slowly.
Re: October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU by Eaglefine(f): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2020
When two elephants fights, grass suffers a lot.
God please help us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student / Team UNIBEN Wins International Award For Vehicle Innovation.(photos) / Jambites In Nasarawa Staying Outside By 12:20am For Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.