Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified (31122 Views)

ADP, LP Win Senate, Reps Rerun Elections In Plateau / Azeez Adesiji Decamps To ADP With 6200 APC Members / ADP Pulls Out Of Pdp-led Coalition Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
muykem:
Supreme court statement on a candidate participated in two political parties primary for the same election will be tested.

Yes although I believe they meant taking part in primaries but this case will make them to rule clearly
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

Look @ the case very well & tell me what you see.

You may not agree with me but it seems obaseki lied on oath firstly according to ADP.
Secondly,they are claiming that he forged his bsc.I dont think they can prove this.
Thirdly,they are claiming that he never attended primary school having not indicated so in the inec personal form.

4 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by 9jaBlogger: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
H
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:
You may not agree with me but it seems obaseki lied on oath firstly according to ADP.
Secondly,they are claiming that he forged his bsc.I dont think they can prove this.
Thirdly,they are claiming that he never attended primary school having not indicated so in the inec personal form.
I will react to all of this later....these cannot remove Obaseki.

All the same,
Look @ the Counsels to the petitioners.
Why did they add the 4th & 5th respondents (APC & Obaseki)?
Did they have any bearing on this case?
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

Yes although I believe they meant taking part in primaries but this case will make them to rule clearly
Supreme Court has decided this case already nah........

1 Like

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
FarahAideed:
See the angle Oshiomole is coming through grin grin grin

How does this concern oshiomhole

2 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

Supreme Court has decided this case already nah........

When? In imo,they said double nomination.they didn't really specify or explain it in details but it won't hold water

1 Like

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

I will react to all of this later....these cannot remove Obaseki.

All the same,
Look @ the Counsels to the petitioners.
Why did they add the 4th & 5th respondents (APC & Obaseki)?
Did they have any bearing on this case?

Decisions reached here automatically kills the pre-election case where the APC stands a better chance.

Look againnnnnn....this time very well. grin grin grin grin

It must be a mistake and will not affect the case.they will simply strike out their names.dont forget the pre election case of apc will be judged before that of ADP

1 Like

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

When? In imo,they said double nomination.they didn't really specify or explain it in details but it won't hold water
Issues of nomination and sponsorship of candidates are pre-election matters and the tribunal is divested from handling same.

The case was decided in Tarzoor v Ortom, Jan 15 2016

Ortom had participated in the December 2014 PDP primaries and finished third. He resigned and then defected to the APC where he was a consensus candidate, contested and won the election.

The SC held inter alia...that Tarzoor (PDP candidate) had no right to institute the case as only APC members who participated in the Primaries could institute same.

The SC then added that Ortom had RESIGNED before defection and had no Problem.

8 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

It must be a mistake and will not affect the case.they will simply strike out their names.dont forget the pre election case of apc will be judged before that of ADP
How are you sure it will be decided first?
It wasn't an abuse of Court process.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

Issues of nomination and sponsorship of candidates are pre-election matters and the tribunal is divested from handling same.

The case was decided in Tarzoor v Ortom, Jan 15 2016

Ortom had participated in the December 2014 PDP primaries and finished third. He resigned and then defected to the APC where he was a consensus candidate, contested and won the election.

The SC held inter alia...that Tarzoor (PDP candidate) had no right to institute the case as only APC members who participated in the Primaries could institute same.

The SC then added that Ortom had RESIGNED before defection and had no Problem.

Yes it may be pre election matters but dont forget that in recent judgment,the apex court have agreed that the primaries of a party can also be challenged by other parties
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

Yes it may be pre election matters but dont forget that in recent judgment,the apex court have agreed that the primaries of a party can also be challenged by other parties
Not in a tribunal and not against the Primaries but against the nomination & in a regular Court like APP v Uche Nwosu.

The second reason as in Ortom kills the case against ADP.

This is the link:
https://nigerialii.org/ng/judgment/supreme-court/2016/131

3 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

How are you sure it will be decided first?
It wasn't an abuse of Court process.

The pre election cases were filed first and judgment will likely be given before next year while the tribunal will elapse in 6 months time
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:
The pre election cases were filed first and judgment will likely be given before next year while the tribunal will elapse in 6 months time
What about a pre-election matter....It is also 6 months.
A tribunal is sui generis

2 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

Not in a tribunal and not against the Primaries but against the nomination & in a regular Court like APP v Uche Nwosu.

We are saying the same thing. You can see how I discountenanced that particular prayer.I focus on the allegations of forgery
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

We are saying the same thing. You can see how I discountenanced that particular prayer.I focus on the allegations of forgery
That is the only live issue here.

Alleged FORGED CERTIFICATE.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by otokx(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
Is this the hand of Esau?
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by slivertongue: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2020
APC in disguise. I see una hand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Unigrad: 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
Exercise in futility.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

What about a pre-election matter....It is also 6 months.
A tribunal is sui generis

There is no point arguing this.apc filed around July/august.high courts do not waste time on pre election matters.in bayelsa,judgment was given within three months in Lyon case.I calculate that judgment will be given before January

3 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Unigrad: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:
FORGED CERTIFICATE.
Was the certificate forged?
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

There is no point arguing this.apc filed around July/august.high courts do not waste time on pre election matters.in bayelsa,judgment was given within three months.I calculate that judgment will be given before January
You were very very very correct here, what was I thinking?
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
Unigrad:

Was the certificate forged?
I am not the one to determine that.....the onus is on the petitioner to prove beyond any reasonable doubt.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Unigrad: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

I am not the one to determine that.....the onus is on the petitioner to prove beyond any reasonable doubt.
You are a Barrister?
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
Unigrad:

You are a Barrister?
Not @ all.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

FORGED CERTIFICATE.

I have no more interest in edo elections.I dont care whether obaseki is sacked or not but we must deal with this dispassionately...

In saner climes,obaseki will be removed.it is clear that he lied on oath and him not filling the form for primary school simply means that he did not attend any...
But the court will again contradict itself and find a way to save him by claiming that lying on oath is not a ground for disq according to the constitution and that as far as he has ssce,he is qualified whether he attended primary school or not....so no point bothering ourselves with this case
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by garfield1: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

And forgery case being a criminal case,the court will also claim that the case wasnt proven sufficiently.I am more interested in what apc has on shuaibu
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

I have no more interest in edo elections.I dont care whether obaseki is sacked or not but we must deal with this dispassionately...

In saner climes,obaseki will be removed.it is clear that he lied on oath and him not filling the form for primary school simply means that he did not attend any...
But the court will again contradict itself and find a way to save him by claiming that lying on oath is not a ground for disq according to the constitution and that as far as he has ssce,he is qualified whether he attended primary school or not....so no point bothering ourselves with this case
Painful but true.
You have said it all.

Agi v PDP 2016
Atiku v Buhari 2019
Akinlade v Abiodun
Useni v Lalong

Anyone who have judiciously followed these cases know where this will end.

3 Likes

Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by fergie001: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

And forgery case being a criminal case,the court will also claim that the case wasnt proven sufficiently.I am more interested in what apc has on shuaibu
For Shaibu....alleged forged tax clearance, false academic docs, MBA certificate & alleged forged WAEC.
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by PureGoldh(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
Medicine after death
Re: ADP Drags Obaseki To Court, Wants Edo Election Nullified by Chicastle: 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hahahahahahahahaha

Ma laff firs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oseni Rufai: We Eagerly Await Bola Tinubu To Show Up For Interview / ''history Will Not Be Kind To Obama!'' - Reno Omokri On Slavery In Libya / Atiku Meets The Archbishop Of Canterbury, Justin Welby (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.