Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges (37348 Views)

Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Bkayyy: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2020
Taah Igbo Amaka there!

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by gwafaeziokwu: 9:11am On Oct 06, 2020
Proeast2:

You're right. Anambra state government should buy those waterfront lands and allocate them strictly for building of high rises which will make it the new CBD. This is how it is done elsewhere.

Seeing ships berthed at the Onitsha port with high rise buildings in the background would showcase Onitsha and Anambra state as an economic powerhouse. Ordinarily, watching the city from the Niger bridge could be breathtaking not to talk of when the waterfront is transformed cool

grin

I ji okwu!

Umu Igbo don hammer for real! We must take our rightful place come rain come shine.

We are that resilient. We move!

10 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by gwafaeziokwu: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2020
Bkayyy:
Taah Igbo Amaka there!

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Simplyleo: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2020
Proeast2:

Chai, he who laughs last, indeed laughs best grin grin
So all your noise about landlock has been destroyed completely. What next would you guys say now?

Igbos should start relocating headquarters of all markets from Lagos to Onitsha since the evil policies of making only Lagos ports functional has been quashed. Computer village and Trade Fare should be relocated to Onitsha while Ladipo should be relocated to Nnewi. Let's make East the referral point and headquarters of all commercial activities while other places like Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Benin, P.H etc. would be used as zonal centers or branches.

Kudos to Buhari for achieving this under his regime, he has done noble on this.
Pls do that within 48 hours.

Lagos needs to be decongested of these ubiquitous 2 by 2 shops. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Macphenson: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2020
Simplyleo:
Onitsha port?

When did SE start having water body? undecided

Oh, i forgot, we are in rainy season, flood everywhere. And we are mistaking some for sea. cheesy

See painment.

Whom God has blessed, no man can curse.

If I lie ask Awolowo, this is the reason he took his painment to the next level with sniper.

13 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Masterclass32: 9:40am On Oct 06, 2020
This is great.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2020
Too good to be true....let them implement it fully on ground
Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Lipscomb(m): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2020
Which one is stupidity here can't you see that it's a flood. The same port can't be commissioned by state government but unknown individuals that is where you will know it's a joke of century.
ifytrik:
must you display your stupidity on every tread?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Madmohamed419(m): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2020
Lipscomb:
Flood port.
when I say yeruba don't want anything good for South east some people will call me names

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by MosheDayan: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2020
Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel
South east the pride of Nigeria Igbos If you have never been to South east you're missing alot
Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by MosheDayan: 10:01am On Oct 06, 2020
JAMO84:
They would still call Buhari a terrorist. Ingrates.
is he using his father's money? please stfu

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by nextdoor84(m): 10:08am On Oct 06, 2020
How can that even happen in a landlocked country??......lols!
I laugh all these petty haters! God bless the Eastern region. We move!!!

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by celeiyke: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2020
Midastorch:

Don’t get it twisted brov, Lagos port will forever be the berthing point....The offloaded containers from lagos will be Transported to Onitsha through barges to Onitsha.... Baro port in Niger state is ready too but Bad Road is affecting its effectiveness... I’m talking to you Authoritatively...

Does what you typed make sense to you? If you will be objective enough, you will know that the South east will not use Lagos port when Onne is close by. For you to know that traffic is building at Onne port, check marine traffic website and also you will notice if you are very observant that the number of trucks carrying containers have significantly dropped in Lagos unlike what it was few years ago. This is not about Igbo vs Yoruba but about making Nigeria work. If Lagos is less dependent on, it will open up other places and bring development. Few years ago, people only travel out via Lagos and Abuja airport, today we have about 5 functional airports and that also have brought developments. We the young southerners should not aggravate our fault lines that the north always take advantage of.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by loopman: 10:18am On Oct 06, 2020
From the colour of the water, you will know say this one Na flood sea grin cheesy grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Yobabad: 10:19am On Oct 06, 2020
JAMO84:
They would still call Buhari a terrorist. Ingrates.
, Buhari is a terrorist why you are nothing but a local Yoruba Muslim Miscreant

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by gidgiddy: 10:33am On Oct 06, 2020
Midastorch:

Don’t get it twisted brov, Lagos port will forever be the berthing point....The offloaded containers from lagos will be Transported to Onitsha through barges to Onitsha.... Baro port in Niger state is ready too but Bad Road is affecting its effectiveness... I’m talking to you Authoritatively...

Barge technology has advanced more than that. Ships no longer have berth so as to load a barge. Some barges even have their own cranes. Gone are the days when you need a coast line to have access to the sea. All you need now is a waterway that leads to the sea and good barges

15 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by JAMO84: 10:36am On Oct 06, 2020
Yobabad:
, Buhari is a terrorist why you are nothing but a local Yoruba Muslim Miscreant
Your head is paining you

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by JAMO84: 10:36am On Oct 06, 2020
MosheDayan:
is he using his father's money? please stfu
I no get your time

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by PHIPEX(m): 11:10am On Oct 06, 2020
So this news is not yet worthy of getting to the front page?
Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by gwafaeziokwu: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2020
JAMO84:
I no get your time

grin

Wipe your tears.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by sweerychick(f): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2020
Simplyleo:
Onitsha port?

When did SE start having water body? undecided

Oh, i forgot, we are in rainy season, flood everywhere. And we are mistaking some for sea. cheesy
it's obvious that you have never travelled outside your enclave since you were born, the only travel you do it's on nairaland that's why you jump from post to post commenting rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Coldie(m): 11:35am On Oct 06, 2020
For Onitsha port to be viable warri port needs to work.

With that, you will ship to warri port than load to barges and send to Onitsha
Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by horsepower102: 11:48am On Oct 06, 2020
They said it was impossible. We told them it was.

Ndigbo are blessed and No human being can stop our progress.

We are not land locked
We have abundant oil and gas
We don’t need anyone to have a viable nation

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Ngorbungor(m): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2020
Coldie:
For Onitsha port to be viable warri port needs to work.

With that, you will ship to warri port than load to barges and send to Onitsha

For your mind, what stops wsrri indigins to start using it? So you want us to use your port when you people don't have the capacity, please onne port is ok for us

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by oneeast: 11:50am On Oct 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Coldie(m): 11:52am On Oct 06, 2020
Ngorbungor:

For your mind, what stops wsrri indigins to start using it? So you want us to use your port when you people don't have the capacity, please onne port is ok for us
How does onne port connect to Onitsha port?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by EVideos: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2020
Coldie:

The port link is actually between Onitsha port and Onne port. This barge going to Onne Port Rivers State from Onitsha Port Anambra State and vice versa.

Onitsha Port is linked to all the ports in Nigeria, it depends on wherever shipments are coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Ngorbungor(m): 11:59am On Oct 06, 2020
In his statement, the former National Auditor of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) declared that making Nigeria's waterways navigable is key to reducing the pressure on our roads as most of the containers can be moved to their destinations safely by water.
"if our waterways are navigable and open, we can go by water, not by road. It is this aspect that drew my attention to the fact that the pressure we have on our road today can very well be avoided. For example, if 1,000 containers are coming from Apapa port and if half or even 70 per cent is going to end in the Southeast- Onitsha, Aba, or what have you — what that means is that 500 or 700 trailers will be on the road"

This statement above tells us alot about the volume of containers that come to South East,

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by horsepower102: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
spyder880:
We need to buy any available empty lands around Onitsha for property development. This is a huge one.

My brother onitsha land are too expensive this days. I had to buy from asaba at a very good location close to the airport.

But any igbo wey get money pass me should listen to spyder880, onitsha is about to boom.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by horsepower102: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
Proeast2:

Chai, he who laughs last, indeed laughs best grin grin
So all your noise about landlock has been destroyed completely. What next would you guys say now?

Igbos should start relocating headquarters of all markets from Lagos to Onitsha since the evil policies of making only Lagos ports functional has been quashed. Computer village and Trade Fare should be relocated to Onitsha while Ladipo should be relocated to Nnewi. Let's make East the referral point and headquarters of all commercial activities while other places like Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Benin, P.H etc. would be used as zonal centers or branches.

Kudos to Buhari for achieving this under his regime, he has done noble on this.

Point of correction, the concession process started under GEJ but Buhari came in and shut it down.

It was because of shipping companies started threatening to pull out of Lagos because of gridlock that Buhari finally gave in.

12 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Ngorbungor(m): 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
Coldie:

You don't get my point, we rather use Onne port than Warri port, you guys are looking for people to patronize your port, do it yourself leave us out of it

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges by Okoroawusa: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
I Love PMB

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) / Nigerian Man Expresses Displeasure After He Was Banned From A Gym In Uk(Video) / Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.