Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian (46095 Views)

Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / Ifeanyi Ibezi Loses House Of Reps Seat To Obinna Chidoka / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by nwekeugochukwu: 9:57am On Oct 06, 2020
House Of Reps Member Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Unjustly Beating Up A Civilian (Video)

IgbereTV reports that a member of the House of Representatives, Obinna Chidoka who represents Idemili North and South Federal Constituency, took to his Twitter handle to recount the faceoff he had with police officers who he ran into allegedly brutalizing a man for splashing water on their driver.

Obinna in a series of tweets said he was driving along the Owerri-Obosi road when he encountered the ''unprofessional members of the Nigerian police force brutalizing a civilian and a member of his constituency."

Obinna claims the police officers attacked him when he attempted to stop them from further brutalizing the civilian.

His account of the incident comes amidst growing public outcry for the Federal government to end police brutality and SARS brutality in the country.

His tweets read:
''Yesterday, I had my own encounter with some unprofessional members of the Nigerian police force. I was in traffic along the Owerri - Obosi road when I saw some members of the Nigerian police force brutalizing a civilian for allegedly splashing water on their driver."

"I alighted from my car and immediately approached the scene of the violence, tried to stop the police officers from further assaulting my this young man that I later found out was my constituent only to be greeted with the greatest shock of my life,"

"I got my own fair share of the attack. The event quickly detoriated and almost escalated as some of my constituents seeing that I was being assaulted quickly mobilized themselves and wanted to launch a reprisal attack on these policemen."

"I quelled the situation immediately and begged my constituents not to take the laws into their hands. You will recall that this is not the first time something like this is happening in my constituency."

"The last such unprofessional conduct of some Policemen, led to the death of two young men at Nkpor. I condemn all forms of police brutality in very strong terms and as your legislator,"

"I will use the platform of the National Assembly to ensure my constituents and Nigerias in General are not brutalized by nefarious police officers that ought to protect us. I have made a formal complaint of this incidence and will follow it up. I urge all of us to be law abiding"

"As we cannot resolve such inhuman, uncloth and unprofessional actions by violence!"
https://twitter.com/ChidokaObinna/status/1313051839303217154?s=19

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WouLtfRzQ34

https://igberetvnews.com/1367342/house-reps-member-clashes-police-officers-unjustly-beating-civilian-video/

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:00am On Oct 06, 2020
FTC in how many years I can't remember!

I dedicate this to all those who have suffered unjustly from intimidation, extortion, brutality and harassment from SARs....keep faith, they will meet there waterloo soon.

SHEBI na. Nigerian Police and SARs, they will never listen or adhere to IGP directives ..what is best is a mob attack.when we see them intimidating or harassing an innocent person, we should mobilize and approach the scene of the matter....
May God help Nigeria!

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by sapientia(m): 10:05am On Oct 06, 2020
Las las we will get it right.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Teewhy2: 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
"I alighted from my car and immediately approached the scene of the violence, tried to stop the police officers from further assaulting my this young man that I later found out was my constituent only to be greeted with the greatest shock of my life,"

Now imagine ordinary civilians faced with these people who hardly can differentiate their left from right but becomes lord because of the ammunitions at their disposal.
I heard a gist of recent on how police once arrested a young book publisher and took him to the police station because they asked him where is the book's NAFDAC NO and the guy was confused only for the DPO at the station to ask for the guy's offence and when he explained, he asked the guy to go that he shouldn't mind them that they mean the book ISBN NO, which the guy showed him.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is lightweight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/14

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Hoojay(f): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
I stated clearly in my signature/bio that I only deliver to Lagos clients yet you're still sending me messages even outside Nigeria... shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Biko, lets do normal jawe kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Ogaga87(m): 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
Think they should raise the entry qualification into the police force to degree holders because the pregnancy of tout in some of these guys blood is beginning to birth and nuisance behaviors are littering the whole place..

For SARS, don't end them just reform them from their stupid bearded faces to their rough clothes and equally review the policies guiding their operations

Just my take

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hmm..

Yomit71:
IGBO are now SLAVES TO their ABOKI up north. such is life

My brother, this is bad.. We're one big family. Please take back these words.

God bless you.

yeyeboi:
Very soon war go start for this country, we are almost there.

You enemy of Nigeria, I cast and bind you in the name of Jesus!

[img]https:///media/9-27-2020/unThyh.gif[/img]

9jaDoomCountry:
The idiots that brought this dead wood president won't come near this thread.

My brother, we are here, and Nigeria is winning because the President is working! cheesy

God bless Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Fucknlbots: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by EdiskyHarry: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
Until we do the right thing in Nigeria, this thing will continue like this till eternity,
In Nigeria when it's time for police recruitment,
Politicians will be busy summiting the names of the political thugs they used during election as part of their compensation,
In a saner clime, it's only graduates who knows the value of human lives That are given guns as policemen, but in Nigeria you will see cultist, drug addicts, mentally unstable people, moving around with guns as policemen.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by WoundedLamb: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
The Nigerian police force needs training. In fact, they don't have the slightest idea what their job entails. I strongly believe thier bosses don't also know cause the fact that this behavior isn't specific to any part of the country suggests that it stems from an indoctrination ingrained in their formation process. Police officers out here spend a good deal of thier day helping people whose cars broke down, helping the elderly cross major roads, monitoring traffic light violations through their gadgets, using thier apps to check out plat numbers' activity history, etc. while those in Nigeria are brutalizing civilians. I know Nigerians can be very stubborn and somewhat 'untamed' sometimes but a good and well thought out Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) should be able to handle that. Harassing someone for mistakenly splashing water on you just cause you can is simply anachronistic.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by yeyeboi(m): 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
Very soon war go start for this country, we are almost there.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by stephcat: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
(in dj khaled's voice) Another one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
Wisdom is profitable to direct

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
The idiots that brought this dead wood president to power won't come near this thread.

23 Likes

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Techm0: 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
cool
Interesting.
When law makers have to do this you'll understand what the common men out there re going through.
#Endpolicebrutality

4 Likes

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Muftimenk: 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
If som1 told u ntin last 4eva this is a sample police,sars brutality will soon end.
Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by AFvckingAlpha(m): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Cops in Nigeria are dirty as fvck!

NPF is filled with dirty cops.

I bet 99.9% of popo in Nigeria are dirty.

I try as much as possible to avoid skirmishes with Nigerian police, I always play safe.

Nah only FBI fit catch me, and I never reach that level yet. Hopefully one-day I will.

On my second SK today, fvck! I feel like meeting the Ooni of Ife.

Only real niggarrs would understand!!

Peace out!

1 Like

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by jaytii(f): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
Unrepentant hypocrites

jaytii:
Do not #EndSARS

Instead put an end to:
Police brutality,
Insubordination,
Unprofessional conduct,
DPOs/Oga's daily delivery target, etc

Presently, the police force work based on fear rather than respect. This is why they are so loyal to the politicians and the wealthy in the society and choose to trample on middle class citizens.
Unless the principle of respect supersede that of fear, the people will continue to suffer.
Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Freemason1: 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
Shame
Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Akfrenzy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
grin along DAT owerri Road ,from Tarzan to city Lake petrol to city biscuit junction to metallurgical institute to obosi flyover to old road OBA are police checkpoints a place that's not up to 3miles and they beat keke people daily

1 Like

Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by EMXTAN1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
I fear who no fear Nigerian Police.
Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Perfecttouchade: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ok..wahala dey o.
Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Mohayemi(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by Primusinterpares(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hope you can now see things for yourself
Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by mimicherry: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
He is even lucky to be alive to tell the tale

E no dey hard them to fire bullet
Re: Obinna Chidoka Clashes With Police Officers Who Were Beating Up A Civilian by GolDRoger: 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
wetin the sup

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari May Soon Wish He Did Not Win 2015 Presidential Polls – Ben Bruce. / "The Hardship Is Too Much": Protests Erupt In Minna / President Buhari Receives Duoye Diri, Bayelsa Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.