Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,383 members, 7,836,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University (1561 Views)

University Of Lagos Vs University Of Ibadan: A Head-to-head Comparison / University Of Nigeria Vs University Of Ghana (VIDEO) / Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by abfelicity91: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2020
What do you think about HND and B.sc
i always know that B.sc is above HND but you can share your opinions on a 25yrs old, an ND graduate planning to go for Direct-Entry..
Is it advisable to apply for HND now or Apply for DE next year.
only genuine manded persons
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Goldenbrain: 10:44am On Oct 06, 2020
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Enskynelson(m): 10:50am On Oct 06, 2020
What course is the person planning to study and what is the persons plan after graduation?
Professional courses like Engineering, Architecture etc, It is better you wait and apply for DE. But if it's Marketing (for instance) you can proceed and do HND.
Finally, if you don't have plans to make use of the certificate i.e. building a career along the certificate, please choose HND.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Temkay(f): 11:10am On Oct 06, 2020
It is beta 2 go 4 DE than hndIt is beta 2 go 4 DE than hndIt is beta 2 go 4 DE than hnd

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by abfelicity91: 11:22am On Oct 06, 2020
Enskynelson:
What course is the person planning to study and what is the persons plan after graduation?
Professional courses like Engineering, Architecture etc, It is better you wait and apply for DE. But if it's Marketing (for instance) you can proceed and do HND.
Finally, if you don't have plans to make use of the certificate i.e. building a career along the certificate, please choose HND.
thanks. Elect/Elect.
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by slyayok: 11:43am On Oct 06, 2020
abfelicity91:
What do you think about HND and B.sc
i always know that B.sc is above HND but you can share your opinions on a 25yrs old, an ND graduate planning to go for Direct-Entry..
Is it advisable to apply for HND now or Apply for DE next year.
only genuine manded persons
I will advise you do Direct Entry into the University if you are studying a professional course e.g. Engineering, Architecture, Surveying but if its otherwise, continue your HND.
This is from someone who has experienced the Polytechnic and he's experiencing the University.
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Angelnath(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
Its better you go for de than going for hnd. In this nigeria it matters forget the fact that you will both serve together. You will understand better when you start working.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MineBitcoin(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
slyayok:

I will advise you do Direct Entry into the University if you are studying a professional course e.g. Engineering, Architecture, Surveying but if its otherwise, continue your HND.
This is from someone who has experienced the Polytechnic and he's experiencing the University.
My course is computer science, done with my ND, can I continue with HND or switch through DE for Bsc,
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MrHandsome2013: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
MineBitcoin:

My course is computer science, done with my ND, can I continue with HND or switch through DE for Bsc,
How old are you?
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by sinkhole: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
MineBitcoin:

I actually do not know why guys ask question like this. This is Nigeria, therefore go for BSc, even if they only hand over the BSc certificate to you without impacting anything in your brain, collect am!
If you want to learn anything then go and read the books by yourself or make YouTube your teacher angry
You may end up highly frustrated in Nigeria with HND certificate. With BSc, at least, you get hope!

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MineBitcoin(m): 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
MrHandsome2013:
How old are you?
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MineBitcoin(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
sinkhole:
I actually do not know why guys ask question like this. This is Nigeria, therefore go for BSc, even if they only hand over the BSc certificate to you without impacting anything in your brain, collect am!
If you want to learn anything then go and read the books by yourself or make YouTube your teacher angry
You may end up highly frustrated in Nigeria with HND certificate. With BSc, at least, you get hope!

Thanks really appreciate
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MrHandsome2013: 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
MineBitcoin:
... Your nd result is it lower or upper?
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Coder2Client(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
The problem of Nigerians is, all of us want to be boss. Even primary school cert holders want to be boss and everybody is doing everything possible to be.

The question is, how many BSc holders have attained level 17 in their career? There are many BSc holders out there that got retired never even near level 17.

Nigerians youth depend too much on govt job thereby wasting years of fruitful time to acquire certificates up on certificates. Nigeria can not grow that way. Govt job make people lazy.

Young man, get educated and stop running after certificate that add nothing to you.

In as much as HND is recognized and tenable, and you can afford it, go get it. After that, get skills that sells.
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Coder2Client(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
MineBitcoin:

If you can code very well, you can work with your ND and get paid more than many of your lecturers in the university.
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MineBitcoin(m): 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
MrHandsome2013:
Your nd result is it lower or upper?

Upper credit
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MineBitcoin(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Coder2Client:

If you can code very well, you can work with your ND and get paid more than many of your lecturers in the university.

Am an aspiring frontend developer, still a newbie sha, working my ass on JavaScript, as a self taught
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Coder2Client(m): 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
MineBitcoin:

Am an aspiring frontend developer, still a newbie sha, working my ass on JavaScript, as a self taught
With your HND in computer science, you can get job as SE and in few years become senior SE and you know what that means by senior SE?
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MrHandsome2013: 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
MineBitcoin:

Upper credit
.. The go for BSC.. YOU CAN TRY IGANATUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION IWOFE, RIVERS STATE.
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MineBitcoin(m): 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
Coder2Client:

With your HND in computer science, you can get job as SE and in few years become senior SE and you know what that means by senior SE?
Please clarify more on senior SE �
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Localemperor: 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
Pls am begging you with God, I dey beg you with any thing way you believe in go for BSC. E get why... you would be made to feel inferior even when you are better than the next person with BSC.. you will work your ass off and would be under paid. During NYSC shame go kill you when co ordinators go begin discriminate... " Polytechnic this line, Universities this line"..
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MineBitcoin(m): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
MrHandsome2013:
The go for BSC..
YOU CAN TRY IGANATUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION IWOFE, RIVERS STATE.
Really appreciate ur contribution, but my place is far from that location, am in Lagos, am a working class students, I managed at one factory, in other to provide for my Edu
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MrHandsome2013: 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
MineBitcoin:

Really appreciate ur contribution, but my place is far from that location, am in Lagos, am a working class students, I managed at one factory, in other to provide for my Edu
Really, how much is your pay there?
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by MineBitcoin(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
The pay is not stable, but range of 25 to 30
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by Coder2Client(m): 10:13am On Oct 07, 2020
Localemperor:
Pls am begging you with God, I dey beg you with any thing way you believe in go for BSC. E get why... you would be made to feel inferior even when you are better than the next person with BSC.. you will work your ass off and would be under paid. During NYSC shame go kill you when co ordinators go begin discriminate... " Polytechnic this line, Universities this line "..
I don't think they do that again.
Re: Your Opinion Is Needed.. Polytechnic Vs University by abfelicity91: 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
slyayok:

thanks bro.
Have you done your hnd or just ND

(1) (Reply)

Free Computer Science Project Topics And Pdf Materials / Reasons Why Mosquitoes Love Sucking Your Blood / Strike: We Acted On Court Order, Issues Still Unresolved - ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.