Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS (27221 Views)

Inflation In Food Prices For 2023 - NBS / Lockdown: US Destroys Tons Of Food As Farmer Can’t Get Buyers / Huge Python Caught In Abiriba, Abia. Butchered For Food As Villagers Gather (Pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by PureGoldh(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
As I dey so...I no fit open my mouth outside dx country talk say I be Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Bigbishung(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
amazing how I survive it just God's grace

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by nairanaira12: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
Is a lie. Buhari has given free money to everybody-- Naija4life247.

Your hypocrisy will find you out and crush you under feet

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by folu4real(f): 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
GreenDestiny2:
I'm a kind of a respected person with no history of borrowing. I tried to borrow last week from friends, who I thought are very comfortable, and would rush to lend or dash me money at mere hearing of me in need of money, I was shocked when they confronted me with their sorry tales. I'm by far better than them.

I sent a message to a friend, who is a son of a respected traditional ruler, to lend me money; he went mute since then obviously to conceal the fact that a whole Prince has no spare cash.

A teacher working with the government, who owns a house, brought her phone to me to help her apply for loans from these loan apps just days ago. She must have borrowed from countless friends and relatives and is now ashamed.

This country na wa oooo
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by joepepsy(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Let them suffer..lazy people,they want manner to fall from heaven.the politicians are just the reflection of the society,lazy and corrupt.
iwaeda:

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerians-now-taking-loans-to-buy-food-as-68-of-households-suffer-food-insecurity
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
The appreciation of commodities price in the market is a cause for the government to seat up to its duties. Unemployment, unappreciating salaries but high cost of living. Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by freeman131: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
The clueless jihadist brought this on us. But y'all voted the supposed Messiah into power.
Sarki and co

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by folu4real(f): 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nwaide01:
Nigerians have never had it this bad.I think it's time we kneel down and beg for forgiveness to whomever we offended that brings this kind calamity upon us because this government is a curse,both the mighty and the lowly are crying.

Abi we should pray against every choker of Nigeria that is making life difficult for the masses
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by sureheaven(m): 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
I thank God I'm out of that shit hole called Nigeria.

God bless America

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
EKONGKING:

Just imagine the state of the country ,when people are taking loans to survive.
And one deluded fellow is posting pictures of how Nigerian cities will look like in 2065.

collect loan chop am tomorrow you go hungry plus the lender go dey find you join

no rest for Nigerians

no light no food

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Omoslim26: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nothing surprises me anymore

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
PureGoldh:
As I dey so...I no fit open my mouth outside dx country talk say I be Nigerian

when i go out of this shithole any place i see them write Nigeria on the wall i go use my body clean am off

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by lexy2014: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
iwaeda:
Reason why we are poorer, people are not borrowing to invest to produce more goods and services, but for consumption
Welcome to New Nigeria
Lalasticlala

Is it inside hunger that people will borrow "to invest to produce more goods and services?"

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
sureheaven:
I thank God I'm out of that shit hole called Nigeria.

God bless America

imagine after voting for buhari you have the gut to run away

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
Even F.G is hoarding money,refusing to pay for service rendered forgetting the ripple effect of what they are doing.I want to believe corruption is still thriving in some closet.
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Okorie72: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
PROMO PROMO PROMO
Home service massage session for just 7000
seven thousand naira only.

for those based on ikoyi lekki
victory island/banana island.

what are you waiting for call us with the number below

super excited

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by lexy2014: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
joepepsy:
Let them suffer..lazy people,they want manner to fall from heaven.the politicians are just the reflection of the society,lazy and corrupt.

Are u talking about Nigerians or a different set of nationals?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Skyehigher1: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
Ebi npa mi ooooooo, omo Nigeria esanu mi with any amount union bank=0121675133
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
This is heart breaking �.
Taking a loan just to feed? cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Bluev: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
It has never been this bad, sorry to say but Nigeria is gone courtesy of this administration

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by nairanaira12: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
Is a lie. Buhari has given free money to everybody-- Naija4life247.

Your hypocrisy will find you out and crush you under
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please o, where does the hundred million people Buhari rescued from poverty located. I seriously need to visit them.
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by joelag: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
One can hardly walk freely this days, without people approaching you for alms to eat.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by oluwasegun007(m): 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2020
Imagine....

Inflation

Poverty.
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Idiataqueen(f): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
68% ke abi 95%,have even forgotten what is call lunch.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by lexy2014: 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
uruba23:
Even F.G is hoarding money,refusing to pay for service rendered forgetting the ripple effect of what they are doing.I want to believe corruption is still thriving in some closet.

In an interview leading up to d last presidential election, Peter Obi on national TV was asked about how d economy should be handled. In answering that question, he said something very interesting. He said u can't shut ur shop which is ur means of livelihood because of thieves. Instead, u will open ur shop, make sales& hire a security man to guard ur shop against thieves. He said what buhari did was to shut d economy down because of a few thieves thereby causing hunger in d name of fighting corruption. Unfortunately, many didn't see d wisdom in what he said

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by sureheaven(m): 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
Imagine after voting for buhari you have the gut to run away.

I didn't regret i voted and canvassed people to vote buhari because at that time there was no better option.
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by sylve11: 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
EKONGKING:

Just imagine the state of the country ,when people are taking loans to survive.
And one deluded fellow is posting pictures of how Nigerian cities will look like in 2065.

please quote the link to that thread. i wan tell the guy something. cool
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Brushstrokes20: 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
Pathetic! The redundant coupist is Nigeria's worst blunder!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by shedy03(m): 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
iwaeda:
Reason why we are poorer, people are not borrowing to invest to produce more goods and services, but for consumption
Welcome to New Nigeria
Lalasticlala
Can u survive on empty stomach?
Can u run business with hunger? Na to finish d capital na.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Asadujames202(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
Boys've got to bomb on a daily basis

One day client go remember una

Shout out to all the g-boys out there

Persistently striving to get that Cheddar

Unfazed by the opinion of others

Every hustler've got a pay day

!!!!!! Believe

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by adioolayi(m): 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hmmm...I read through the comments on this thread and all of us actually believed this statistics from NBS.

Why Because it bothers on the state of the Nation and somehow appeals to our emotions...

Either true or false is another thing entirely..

What I am saying is, are we also going to accept if NBS says some millions of people have received Government palliatives

Do we have trust in NBS now Because we do condemn their statistics in the time past. grin grin

May God heal our land

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Name 3 Or More Drinks You Think Are Popular But You Haven't Tasted / How I Prepared Classic Italian Lasagna, One Of My Favorites Food / Tallest Cake In Africa By Tosan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.