Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS (27259 Views)

Inflation In Food Prices For 2023 - NBS / Lockdown: US Destroys Tons Of Food As Farmer Can’t Get Buyers / Huge Python Caught In Abiriba, Abia. Butchered For Food As Villagers Gather (Pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by BlackfireX: 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
grin

Can we know region by region

In plain terms...tribe by tribe
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Robertgreene1(m): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
hmmm....
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by iwaeda: 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
contigiency:
This is what I call armchair statistics. I can't remember when anyone has approached me or anyone I know to collate such data. So I don't believe this report.

They know you do not have

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Negotiate: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
iwaeda:
Reason why we are poorer, people are not borrowing to invest to produce more goods and services, but for consumption
Welcome to New Nigeria
Lalasticlala

The dead cannot invest. Food is a basic necessity even before investment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Naijaarchive(m): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
EKONGKING:

Just imagine the state of the country ,when people are taking loans to survive.
And one deluded fellow is posting pictures of how Nigerian cities will look like in 2065.

Werey wo tún nìyẹn grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by IMASTEX: 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
GreenDestiny2:
I'm a kind of a respected person with no history of borrowing. I tried to borrow last week from friends, who I thought are very comfortable, and would rush to lend or dash me money at mere hearing of me in need of money, I was shocked when they confronted me with their sorry tales. I'm by far better than them.

I sent a message to a friend, who is a son of a respected traditional ruler, to lend me money; he went mute since then obviously to conceal the fact that a whole Prince has no spare cash.

A teacher working with the government, who owns a house, brought her phone to me to help her apply for loans from these loan apps just days ago. She must have borrowed from countless friends and relatives and is now ashamed.
The situation of the country is becoming more real by the day. It can't get worse when one depends on loan for food or certain basic needs. Those that can feed don't know what God did for them. I just can't thank God enough for His immense grace upon me. The country is just so uncertain that those with cash still feel insecure financially hence migration is always a backup plan.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Farki: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
I remember having to treat a severe case of malnutrition, the poor child looked like a refugee and it wasn't like she was in the northeast but right inside Lagos. Fortunately the girl survived but it isn’t the first nor last case I had to deal with. Really puts things into perspective on how bad our crisis management is.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Kobicove(m): 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
The economic situation is really terrible sad
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Flier: 6:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
Most useless government ever,rice is now 31,000 naira

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by LadySarah: 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
iwaeda:

They know you do not have

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Colb461: 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
when growing up i had the believe things would be better for this country but right nw it Everyman for him selves..Government don't know the direction to lead this country again..that why if the opportunity arises to get out of this shithole to a better place pls do it because your generation to come would be grateful to you..just imagine Nigeria 2025 chai I just weep for this country and we the Masses..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
I also noticed there are so many firms that are asking ppl to come borrow money from them.. it's now a lucrative business

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by rotadeco27: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
sureheaven:
Imagine after voting for buhari you have the gut to run away.

I didn't regret i voted and canvassed people to vote buhari because at that time there was no better option.
Don't say that again, GEJ is far better than Buhari. It is the same northerners that made the country difficult to rule for him . He told Nigerians ,they wouldn't listen. People like me were shouting then . I knew this will happen , it serve the country well !

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by slivertongue: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
“The food security situation in Nigeria remains precarious"

congrats to GMB for achieving his 1984 desire.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Lighthammer(m): 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
Things are really hard,very hard....i was suprised this morning when a man in my church who i though is okay texted me to borrow him some cash
and this man is earning almost 6 times more than my earning...
av borrowed people money to the extent that i no longer ask for it again....cuz there is no way they will pay back
i had to even reduce my eating to once daily now
may God help us,things has gone bad honestly

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Lorenzo09: 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
contigiency:
This is what I call armchair statistics. I can't remember when anyone has approached me or anyone I know to collate such data. So I don't believe this report.
they have information from all the banks and financial institutions. They know those who have taken loan for businesses and consumption.
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by nedekid: 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
GreenDestiny2:
I'm a kind of a respected person with no history of borrowing. I tried to borrow last week from friends, who I thought are very comfortable, and would rush to lend or dash me money at mere hearing of me in need of money, I was shocked when they confronted me with their sorry tales. I'm by far better than them.

I sent a message to a friend, who is a son of a respected traditional ruler, to lend me money; he went mute since then obviously to conceal the fact that a whole Prince has no spare cash.

A teacher working with the government, who owns a house, brought her phone to me to help her apply for loans from these loan apps just days ago. She must have borrowed from countless friends and relatives and is now ashamed.
Folks are really going through a lot.
In this same period some people are cashing out big time.
One omo Ibo just bought my neighbour's house. See reconstruction shocked
Neighbour took his millions to go retire in abeokuta.
No money no money but them de buy house.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by BIGGESThead6: 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
God bless the North for FEEDING THE WHOLE NATION.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Vulcan24(m): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
For once the stastics are correct; as a young married man when we sit and discuss with peers, the first thing we say is " make I just see 20k drop food for house. The rest we go hustle am

How d 20k comes is not important.

The country is in terrible shape that nearly 80% of our income is spent on food.

I have been planning to change all my electronics for 2years now, I tell u, na food, food! I just dey buy

And the cost of this staple foods and provisions are always going high.

We might end up in civil war in this country deliberately or by accident

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
lexy2014:

In an interview leading up to d last presidential election, Peter Obi on national TV was asked about how d economy should be handled. In answering that question, he said something very interesting. He said u can't shut ur shop because of thieves. Instead, u will open ur shop, make sales& hire a security man to guard ur shop against thieves. He said what buhari did was to shut d economy down because of a few thieves thereby causing hunger in d name of fighting corruption. Unfortunately, many didn't see d wisdom in what he said
I know the President has best of intentions as I have observed in the Agro sector where he is trying to capture data and ensure agricultural input get to the intended farmers sadly 90% of this farmers claimed they never benefitted from any F. G interventions meaning some cabals have been swallowing everything. The TSA that Madam Adeosun introduced is meant to monitor outflows but even that is been corrupted because money get released but man made technical problems either by hackers or inside job would ensure the money don't get to the intended destination on time. All this things would have their ripple effect especially now that the President had ban forex for food Importation .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sonnobax15:
grin. that's good..... after you chop that first loan finish,feel free to go and collect another one...

but on a serious note, Nigerians are passing through a state of abject penury.......you wey see food chop twice a day,thank your God because you no know wetin others dey pass through....price of food stuffs keeps rising like our national debts on a daily....no hope for the common man at all

na when I jam one woman with four children wey come buy three cups of garri on credit, na then my eyes almost shed tears......

people dey suffer on a low key,but the truth is that,"our leaders have failed us woefully...
woefully bro......it's disheartening... most of them take money they can't finish in their life time...
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Osibanjo: We are planning palliatives for you Nigerians
Buhari:
there is a lot gold in Babylon...God help us
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by nedekid: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
sureheaven:
I thank God I'm out of that shit hole called Nigeria.

God bless America
Nna borrow me just one of those bundles in your profile pic. cool
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Pauladex(m): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
Our daddy is giving you dividend of your gullibility.

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by lexy2014: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
uruba23:

I know the President has best of intentions as I have observed in the Agro sector where he is trying to capture data and ensure agricultural input get to the intended farmers sadly 90% of this farmers claimed they never benefitted from any F. G interventions meaning some cabals have been swallowing everything. The TSA that Madam Adeosun introduced is meant to monitor outflows but even that is been corrupted because money get released but man made technical problems either by hackers or inside job would ensure the money don't get to the intended destination on time. All this things would have their ripple effect especially now that the President had ban forex for food Importation .

Which good intentions are u referring? So d president is d saint and every other person working around him is d devil. D cabal u are referring to, are they spirits? Don't they have addresses and bank accounts? Y has d president not done anything to prevent them from sabotaging his efforts as u allege? Pls when did Adeosun introduce TSA? Are u sure u got ur facts right? Which hackers& "man made technical problems" are sabotaging TSA? Where are u getting all this information?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by SOJOSEPH(m): 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
This is historical.
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Merimental(m): 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
sureheaven:
I thank God I'm out of that shit hole called Nigeria.

God bless America

u escaped real hell . good 4 u

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by BruncleZuma: 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
EKONGKING:

Just imagine the state of the country ,when people are taking loans to survive.
And one deluded fellow is posting pictures of how Nigerian cities will look like in 2065.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hammyaladin:
there is a lot gold in Babylon...God help us

It's all gonna burn bro
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Merimental(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Farki:
I remember having to treat a severe case of malnutrition, the poor child looked like a refugee and it wasn't like she was in the northeast but right inside Lagos. Fortunately the girl survived but it isn’t the first nor last case I had to deal with. Really puts things into perspective on how bad our crisis management is.

dis is d type of acts dat gets u into heaven Express.

not donating to ppl who don't lack anytin.

Weldon.
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by bejeria101(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
But if we talk their daura tout would say its hate speech.

Oponu iranu.
Re: Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS by Hedonisco: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
airsaylongcom:
The worst level of poverty is taking a loan for consumption purpose. The future is bleak

Can't be the worst level. If you're poor enough, you surely can't get anyone to give you a loan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Name Is SPINACH Called In Our Local Markets? / Palmoil Rice For Cold Weather / Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.