Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,353 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects (28486 Views)

Hakeem Odumosu Vows To Tackle Domestic Violence As Husband Beats Wife To Deat / EndSARS: Hakeem Odumosu Meet Protesters, Promise To Follow IGP's Directives / Hakeem Odumosu Meet SARS Officers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Timi141: 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
It's not us you should be telling. Tell the SARS people.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by chukwuibuipob: 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
sad Useless news sad.Tell dem any SARS dat kill pipu anyhow,dem go kill the killer and his family join angry
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by eyoohood(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
Happening now in Delta state
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by delishpot: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
Same way they told us that Bail is free ba?
All these rules that take effect only on paper.... Anyways, to my fellow Nigerians, my people say...... Use ya tongue to count ya teeth.

1 Like

Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Comedian2019: 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
freeman131:
Let the Nigerian youth have a change of mindset.
Internet fraud wouldn't pay you in the long run if you think otherwise perhaps you should get more info from hushpuppy.
Y'all incurred this on yourselves.
SARS must stay.
Sars will pay you a visit very soon.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Taiwojon(m): 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
Great!!!!
Say no to crime

Say no to SARS.

Make Jesus your lord. He loves and die for you.

Jesus saves

1 Like

Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by freeman131: 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
Comedian2019:

Sars will pay you a visit very soon.
They have and found nothing incriminating so I was freed without spending a dime.
We still have good SARS officers who'd free you without asking for a tip.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by freeman131: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
DexterousOne:

What is this one saying?
The sad but obvious truth which you don't wanna hear.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by visionex: 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
dyera:
The fact that these SARS officers will be collecting money from people they detain means that these guys are criminals.

Police officers searching for criminals have no business collecting money in thousands from people.

All they are doing is going about using their guns to rob people in broad daylight in guise of criminal search.

In short, these guys should be treated as armed robbers because that's what they are.

Yet me and other Nigerian youths that are not a yahoo boys will be afraid of SARS extortion whenever we go out.
My friend if you don't know what is going in Nigeria then you should just keep quiet.

You see person wey base for Sudan u follow am dey talk

1 Like

Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by DexterousOne(m): 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
freeman131:

The sad but obvious truth which you don't wanna hear.

Its nothing close to the truth

We have seen again and again these sars riff raffs
Harass innocent people and even kill them

I saw an incident with my own eyes here in this Lagos
After which I wished nothing but evil on these useless men

I have no problem with proper law enforcement
I have no love for yahoo miscreants and I wish nothing but jail and poto poto beans on them

But let law enforcement be law enforcement
Do your investigation
Get your indictment
Then arrest

That's how it is done elsewhere

Harassing bystanders and pedestrians is not how to do law enforcement

If things don't change
Nigerians may descend on them
And they won't like the aftermath

Law enforcement and not extortion is what is needed

1 Like

Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by 6digitscomrade: 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
Naijaarchive:
The only need oversight that checkmate their moves and proper training... The whole arrest constitution should be scraped... Warrant should be mandated before even searching people property not to talk of arresting... And arrest without proof shouldn't last more than 24-48hrs
u av elated me.. I just read comments and sometimes I chip in or play often I just glance through..
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by AFONJACOW(m): 6:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
Talk nah Free
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by softthings: 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
freeman131:
Internet fraud wouldn't pay you in the long run if you think otherwise perhaps you should get more info from hushpuppy.
SARS must stay.
Internet fraud should be fought through the Internet not on the road with guns. That's what is obtainable in every sane clime. Pray you don't encounter these guys one day.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Prezzi: 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
OK o
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Vulcan24(m): 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
All forces have special units and they always have sop at any posting or case they are invited to work on

They don't usually normalise with general operations and duties of other force members.

It is in Nigeria that the idea is bastardized and became a common sight to see special or tactical unit gallivanting everywhere.

Their commanders knows this and I don't know why it usually takes the public outcry to drive these ppl to their senses

Can't they just get it right the first time? And save us the cost of lives and resources ?

O ga ooo!
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Jaqenhghar: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
If Niggerians had taken matters into their hands long ago there wont be this back and forth. He wont need to issue any directive. They themselves body go direct them
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by bkool7(m): 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
These ppl are fools.
I think we should enshrine it in out constitution that any interrogation not video recorded will not be admisable in court.
Every interrogation of every investigation must be recorded
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2020
freeman131:
SARS must stay.

You really got the job of SARs wrong.. SARS aren't suppose to go after Cyber criminals leave that for the Efcc and other money regulating agencies.. SARS are for Robbery, kidnapping and Banditry.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by EdiskyHarry: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
Rubbish,
I was thinking they will come up with something reasonable, is this the problem we are facing? SARS officers are busy moving around killing people, beating up and causing misery to so many people just to get money, and this is the only thing you can come up with.

1 Like

Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Awoo88: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
They should release signal to the effect. Talking to press will do nothing

1 Like

Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Jabioro: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
They soon forget all these measure ..
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Binarytimes: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
freeman131:
SARS must stay.
You have a disorder, you just don't know it.

These youths are not the source of your poverty, always remember that. You sing and chant praises to politicians that steal your future and that of your unborn children and you have the dementia to assume your suffer head life is because of youths that are trying to feed their family or sponsor themselves....

You should know that the SARS operatives are armed robbers that are licensed to rob citizens, if not, why would a security agent ask you for 200k or money far more than their pay..

Do you think SARS are even curtailing crimes ? No, they are robbing people. Taking money from an hustler in the guise of law. They don't care, they are out for the money. I am really busy right if not, we would have settle this matter well

1 Like

Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Comedian2019: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
freeman131:

They have and found nothing incriminating so I was freed without spending a dime.
We still have good SARS officers who'd free you without asking for a tip.
Super story grin
This is what we call "bail is free".
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Bestvicky16(f): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
I don't wish anything good for those evil men called SARS.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by Bayoibee: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
SARS wey go find one Incompleted building for Lagos and continue to torture their victims or drive them inside that their useless minibus all of Lagos while tearing you all sort of slaps till they find another victim to replace you or you pay them lol
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by HeadShot: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
freeman131:
SARS must stay.

The problem is that they think everyone is a Yahoo boy.... They Rob and extort people
These sars guys are bloody thieves

Sars will NEVER stay

Watch and see

No one can fight the people's will
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by niyilolawa34798: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
:Sars will pay you a trip very soon.They have and found Anything incriminating so I was freed without spending a penny.We still have good SARS police who'd free you without asking for a scoop.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by onyxo76(m): 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
they don't need to detain you they only need to take you to an atm and withdraw your money, the cp got it all wrong.
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by foreshore(m): 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by misterjosh(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
See how yeyeness just full this country anyhow. What power does this man have to be issuing plenty plenty directives. Order from Abuja that banned sars from roads they've not listened to it, you sef you're adding your own undecided
Re: Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects by goodheart02(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
freeman131:
SARS must stay.

Have u ever lost an innocent loved one to the hot bullets of SARS you who's claiming holy and righteous. Or are u trying to say everyone who's calling for an end or reformation is a fraudster?? Till such misfortune that befall those wailing families who lost innocent souls to SARS befall u, then u will learn to reason before u talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Burns Her Adopted Brother For Mistakenly Injuring Her Son (Photos) / Man Chops Off Relative’s Hand Over Land Dispute (graphic Photo) / Ex-Bankers Arrested By EFCC In Imo For N21m Fraud (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.