Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion (31506 Views)

Gunmen Storm Bassa In Plateau, Kill Many, Burn Them & Their Houses (Graphic Pic) / Gunmen Attack Bassa In Kogi, Kill 20, Burn Down Churches And Houses (Graphic Pix / Farmers & Fulani Herdsmen Clash In Bassa Kogi, Many Killed (Graphic Photos!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Ecomac1: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2020
Lol
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2020
Bnnn
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by osamz007: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2020
if his name was Musa babale he would have passed

2 Likes

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Tiyi(m): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2020
he could have waited till Baba pick his call naaaa... that's one of the reason I still listen to adekunle Gold - pickup pickup music... maybe God is awaiting his fourth trial..
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by edoairways: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2020
Edyice:
He no even happy say him get job grin

I didn't BLAME him sha but he's going to HELL many thanks to northerners for nepotism and TRIBALISM for only they people ... FG jobs belong to them .
You wouldn't understand
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by slivertongue: 9:24am On Oct 07, 2020
finally he promoted himself to HELL
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Britishcoins(m): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2020
I remembered my foolishness in 2016 paying money to get NPS job with ordinary o level results....that was huge mistake that would have crippled my existence
Thanks God the money was refunded and I made best choices in businesses, today my weekly profits can even pay for their token called salaries....
Working with Nigeria government is a slavery
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Jabioro: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2020
Senseless self murderer..what about me who rise and fall in business of no fault of mine ..yet still doing well..The angel at gate of hell should flog him to another hell..He is not qualified to be in first hell
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Elsueno: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2020
NEVER EXPECT ANYTHING FROM ANYBODY. That way, whatever they won't end up disappointing you as you won't give a shyt
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by chiiraq802(m): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2020
Kill yourself because of one careless promotional exam

When Smart phones and lappie full everywhere ....

Na to start BOMBING for sure pass.

RIP to the dead tho!!!
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Person2person(m): 9:32am On Oct 07, 2020
it's better to beg people for fire money or patronage than to commit suicide....check signature for doors, wardrobes and kitchen cabinets
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by hekkyboi: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2020
SUCKCESSFUL:
It beats me as to how people take their life over trivial issues undecided
you never jam but pray you don't. You don't know how it feels to be frustrated in this shithole of a country

2 Likes

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Eriokanmi: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2020
There have been glaring corrupt practices in MDAs since 2015 which buhari himself isn't aware of. From selective recruitment ( police and another ministry was still accused of one recently in which a vast majority of those employed were northerners) but Buhari cannot be everywhere. Unfortunately, those chosen to head those MDAs are incompetent, corrupt and sentimental. Its only going to be by miracle for someone like Rauf Aregbesola who performed so woefully as givernor in osun and rigged election for his successor with the help of jagaban to cover up his woes and atrocities, to now do well at the federal level. His wife was awarded a contract to tar a road which passes through their own house at ipaja-ayobo in lagos. That road didn't last 3 months.

Until we begin to have sane people in government, all manners of atrocities similar to this wouldn't cease to happen. If asked about this young man's ordeal, dispite being aware of the denials, aregbe could say he never saw his file. Judgement awaits everyone who does evil. There's no short cut on the palm tree.

3 Likes

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Dliquidmetal(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2020
othermen:
If you are going through frustration or failure, just keep going through.

There will be light down the tunnel and this may seem hopeless or not forthcoming, and the burden or shame from the failure too exhausting-

but there is actually hope, and you must not let go.

Your predicament is temporary and the night will always end.

I hope peace to the family.
thanks for this, you aren't only encouraging the one person but alot of people that sees your post are going through this dark times,thanks again I needed this.

1 Like

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by solz007(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2020
so sad May His Soul Rest In Paradise!
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by wink2015(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2020
udoka55555:
When others they find the prison job self

You just said it all.

Those who have legs they do not have shoes.

Those who have shoes do not have leg.
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by victorazyvictor(m): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2020
Reminding me of Mr. Anta grin
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by sidonlook: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2020
Why take his life when he could resign and get job somewhere else.
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by damiloladuke: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2020
why kill yourself
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by biggy4joe(m): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2020
Dis one no get sense....what will graduate that have spent funds in school and with high hopes to take over their world and at d end find out they have to go back to get a skill to make ends meet dowell last last d dead doesnt have opinion.....May God bless every young person out there keeping it 100 in these trial times

1 Like

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by onyichick(f): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2020
this is what happens when u don't know any big man or woman,I didn't get promoted this year even though I passed because of my tribe.I was pained but I'm glad it happened cos it has opened my eyes to seek greater plans

2 Likes

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Funkybabee(f): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2020
Haba, Father

Why?. You this bright future man..

Everybody have their cross they are carrying. Some people are looking for this job haa. Esu ti ya were
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Finnese001: 9:52am On Oct 07, 2020
cry

Depression is very real my people

The frustration I'm this country is too much

1 Like

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Xano(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2020
aminulive:
PEOPLESGAZETTE.COM

Mr. Bassa was scheduled to get married to his long-time sweetheart on November 19, 2020, when the humiliation of being denied promotion for the third time became too much for him to absorb.“He has watched as his contemporaries were being selectively promoted, including some who did not even pass promotional examinations,” an official said. He should have been at least promoted to assistant superintendent of prison II bar the injustice, his colleague said.

Gazette learnt that the matter was escalated to interior minister Rauf Aregbesola, who failed to take action.

"He did not show any care about the young man that died when he was informed about it,” an official said. “Neither did he even bother to say he would launch an investigation into the injustice of selectivepromotion.”

“They only promote based on ethnicity, faith and your financial status,” an official said. “It is unspeakable the level of fraud and injustice that comes with promotions in the service.”

https://peoplesgazette.com/nigerian-prison-official-dies-by-suicide-after-passing-three-exams-without-promotion/

Interesting

As regards the bolded statements, they may suffer for what they did.
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Funkybabee(f): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2020
They should leave Aregbesola alone.he should continue. I pity his punishment
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 07, 2020
See this one. I read Mr president too didn't pass his exams in the military but today he is the President.
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by donprinyo(m): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2020
Are u a fulani? No. And u want promotion?
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Pat081: 10:04am On Oct 07, 2020
He is a fool go to osun state and ask the worker for the pass 8 years no promotion and the ex useless gov do one promotion without pay they don't kill themselves

1 Like

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Tochj(m): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2020
hopeforcharles:
Unfair to family and friends, there are people who don't even have work to do but are still kicking
Exactly my thought bro.
A man who have a job taking his life while those who don't have a job is still kicking and hoping.
Everybody needs to work on his mind.

3 Likes

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by djbussy(m): 10:05am On Oct 07, 2020
Some people no get job at all. Some people get small salary and big business. Rest in hell p r I c k .

1 Like

Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by TechyMm0: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2020
Funkybabee:
They should leave Aregbesola alone.he should continue. I pity his punishment

Aregbesola or ministry of interior don't handle promotion in the NPS they have a comptroller, they have administrative department
Re: Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion by Jazzafizzy(f): 10:08am On Oct 07, 2020
SLAP44:
He needn't take his own life, all he would have done to secure the promotion is to become dumb and keep screaming sai babar to everyone till he will be notified and promoted, after all, a recharge card seller is now the presidential spokesman grin
My brother @recharge card seller being a spokesman not only a spokesman oo but the type of spoke man that if you don't pass through him u can't see bubu , Las Las education na scam he go be for nigeria after allbna exam he wrote three times e no get promotion Bec na who know person, Sabi road oo .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Attack Kola Village In Adamawa (Graphic Pics) / Man Invites Gang Members To Rob Abuja Neighbour / Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans Lawyer, Withdraws From Kidnap Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.