Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State (1007 Views)

A Nairalander visit to Mandela's house in Soweto SA(pictures) / A Nairalander's Visit To Knowsley Safari Park In Liverpool / A Nairalander's Visit To Agulu Lake Hotel, Anambra For Christmas Party (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Exploring Calabar in Cross River State, Nigeria wasn’t exactly on my agenda for the year . For me it was just an opportunity, so I took advantage of it. My excitement isn’t far-fetched, I love to explore and see new places. Calabar is a place with historical symbolism which I have longed to visit. I finally met the Calabarians, experienced their food and their culture.

There are lots of places to be visited in Cross River State which includes; Tinapa, Marina Resort, Obudu Resort, e.tc.

Calabar is located in Cross River State, Nigeria. It is a very beautiful and well organised city with beautiful vegetation. I found these vegetation thrilling because of my love for nature.

How to get there
If you are planning to visit Calabar, you either go by air or with a very comfortable car or bus. From Lagos it is about 13 hours and from Abuja it is about 12 hours by road.
Transportation within Calabar
Transportation within the city of Calabar is really cheap. There is also Bolt (formerly Taxify) in Calabar which is really affordable.

Food
When it comes to food varieties the calabarians are good. The major soup I tasted were White soup, fisherman soup, Afang soup and Bole (with fish/chicken). These meals made my stay in Calabar really colourful lol.
http://www.catheyoinitiative.com.ng/2020/01/experiencing-calabar-living-my-top.html

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2020
Foods

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2020
Let’s dive right into the top places to be visited in Calabar;

The Slave Museum
This is located at Marina Resort. We paid an entrance fee at the main gate of N100 and then at the museum we paid a sum between N200 - N500 it depends on the day and the number of people I guess. Sadly I couldn’t take pictures or record because it was prohibited. The artistic representation of the slave trade activities (the dummies) were so unique. The voice overs used in the museum was so real that we could literally almost have a feel of what the slaves went through. We also had a knowledgeable tour guard who did justice to the slave trade experience. Visiting the museum brought sad memories of the dark phase but in all it was a worthwhile experience.
I would highly recommend this museum to anyone visiting Calabar.

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by thesicilian: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2020
I love Calabar, beautiful city with very warm and welcoming people.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2020
Marina Water Boat Ride/Visit to Twin Island
We left for the boat ride in the morning at about 10:00AM. I went in a group but if you want to go on your own, you would have to pay a sum of N1,500. We took a ride to the twin island. The ride was not as terrifying as I imagined because it was actually my first boat ride, it was really fun. The twin island is the place Mary Slessor took the twins to prevent them from being killed. She took the kings twin to that island, they were named Duke and Henshaw (people with these names till today are from royal homes). One thing I found uninteresting about this island was that Mary Slessor’s house was renovated. I would have love to see and feel what her hut was like. The tour guard claimed that the hut became so dilapidated that it had to be renovated. If you wonder if people live on that island, YES but a few people. I vlogged about the whole experience here.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2020
Foot Park
It is also a place for organising fun activities. It is just two sculptural feet together.
There are other places you can add to your visit list which includes; Tinapa and Obudu (not in Calabar though) resort. You can also plan to visit during the Calabar Carnival in December, it is an awesome experience, though I didn’t experience it.

I hope you found this post interesting and insightful. Don’t hesitate to drop your comments in the comment section I would love to know your thoughts.

Let me also know if Calabar is a place you would love to visit.

Thanks

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Uzomacharles: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2020
Me and my niggas dey come

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Siberia01(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2020
cool
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Jafar1: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2020
Mehn, those delicacies up there!

Also heard their women are very strong in the other room....

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Freestainworld(m): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2020
feeling hungry already
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by donbachi(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2020
GOD must judge u and u will not make heaven for doing dis to me dis day...saliva don finish for my mouth.
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by AIlahuAkbar: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2020
DragonFly95:
Foot Park
It is also a place for organising fun activities. It is just two sculptural feet together.
There are other places you can add to your visit list which includes; Tinapa and Obudu (not in Calabar though) resort. You can also plan to visit during the Calabar Carnival in December, it is an awesome experience, though I didn’t experience it.

I hope you found this post interesting and insightful. Don’t hesitate to drop your comments in the comment section I would love to know your thoughts.

Let me also know if Calabar is a place you would love to visit.

Thanks
who is the girl?
are you the one?
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Petyprincess(f): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2020
Beautiful ladies, beautiful sight, beautiful nature and delicious foodkiss kiss :

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2020
wow beautiful...
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by oladipo81606: 10:37am On Oct 07, 2020
Me and my dudes jus come
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
who is the girl?
are you the one?
No
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by AIlahuAkbar: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2020
DragonFly95:
No
kindly give me her contacts. thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
kindly give me her contacts. thanks
nope
Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by metformin(m): 7:36am On Oct 08, 2020
Beautiful delicacies! Beautiful Nature!! Beautiful Vaginal peoples!!!
Akwa Ibom, Calabar gat it all.
Calabar I move, life is too short to be unhappy.
I do remembered my visit to uyo, I was carried out with the beauty of their girls and neatness of the streets. such a nice place to chop life.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State by SKhanmi: 12:23am On Oct 10, 2020
Those dishes captured my attention. I must visit

(1) (Reply)

UAE Halts New Visas To Citizens Of 13 Mostly Muslim States / Help !! Help !!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.