Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? (1543 Views)

Many Northerners And Westerners Will Not Vote Jonathan Again.... / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" / David Lyon Visits Jonathan Again, After Collecting His Certificate Of Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2020
When I first read the news of Buhari men considering Jonathan for 2023 from one of the daily tabloids, I dismissed it as a figment of the reporter's imagination.

But in subsequent days, same news have flied around in most major daily tabloids which now makes it hard to dismiss.

Again recently, son of former President Shagari apologized to Jonathan for his actions in 2015. In response, GEJ told him he had forgiven him and had no "enemy to fight". Now, when you consider that one of the reasons said to be projected by Buhari boys is that GEJ is not likely to ruffle feathers or rock the boat, you should be able to connect the dot from that phrase.

Now to the question, will you vote Jonathan again?

I like Jonathan because I know he ran a govt of policies. Policies that if followed up would have taken Nigeria to it's desired destination.

But I feel the northern cabals are going to use Jonathan to shortchange the south. At a time when the Igbo, who formed part of Jonathan's most formidable supporters till date, are clamouring for presidency, I find it objectionable than GEJ would make himself a willing tool in the hands of these people who are only pushing for his candidacy because they know that constitutionally, he can only do one tenure of 4 years before power returns to the north again.

Again who will they make his vice? Elrufai? So he can succeed him after 4 years and continue the Fulani agenda?

Personally, I would rather Atiku wins the presidency with Peter Obi as vice. And let Atiku clear the ground for Obi to succeed him in 2031 than Buhari cabals returning to power through GEJ.

What's your thought?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by YoonSung20: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2020
Of course, I will

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by meditator(m): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2020
Awol1:
When I first read the news of Buhari men considering Jonathan for 2023 from one the daily tabloids, I dismissed it as a figment of the reporter's imagination.

But in subsequent days, same news have flied around in most major daily tabloids which now makes it had to dismiss.

Again recently, son of former President Shagari apologized to Jonathan for his actions in 2015. In response, GEJ told him he had forgiven him and had no "enemy to fight". Now, when you consider that one of the reasons said to be projected by Buhari boys is that GEJ is not likely to ruffle feathers or rock the boat, you should be able to connect the dot from that phrase.

Now to the question, will you vote Jonathan again?

I like Jonathan because I know he ran a govt of policies. Policies that if followed up would have taken Nigeria to it's desired destination.

But I feel the northern cabals are going to use Jonathan to shortchange the south. At a time when the Igbo, who formed part of Jonathan's most formidable supporters till date, are clamouring for presidency, I find it objectionable than GEJ would make himself a willing tool in the hands of these people.

Again who will they make his vice? Elrufai? So he can succeed him after 4 years and continue the Fulani agenda?

Personally, I would rather Atiku wins the presidency with Peter Obi as vice. And let Atiku clear the ground for Obi to succeed him in 2031 than Buhari cabals returning to power through GEJ.

What's your thought?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I voted for Buhari over him, I will do that again, even in my next world.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Workhardenough: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2020
The real question should be will you vote buhari again? Or the candidate he chosed for APC.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Sikay19(m): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2020
undecided
Well, Like every other sane Nigerians will do. I will rather vote a candidate from less popular party like YPP(kingsley Moghalu). In my honest opinion, I wouldn't expect any reasonable person to vote for cluelessness again.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Odion2016(m): 9:50am On Oct 07, 2020
I will vote whoever Nigerian youths support...
I am not talking about Aboki Youths oo..

1 Like

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by BigSarah(f): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2020
Voting Jonathan would not change things in a big way.. but definitely they’d be a lot more competent hands in governance compared to what we have... Jonathan would be better but not what this country needs after the 2015-2023 experimentations .... give me ganduje, elrufai, Atiku, kalu, tinubu... What ?
Nigerians love monsters might as well go for the interesting monsters.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by FarahAideed: 10:01am On Oct 07, 2020
With the damage Buhari has done we need a very visionary smart leader that can turn it around in the quickest Possible time and that person is not Jonathan ... Remember Buhari has really done over 30 years of damage in just 5 years

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by nzeobi(m): 10:05am On Oct 07, 2020
I will vote Jonathan instead of voting OUK, TINUBU and ROCHAS.
Most of the accusations against him were make believe and till today most of them have not been proved to be factual aside the campaign money.
He will help in the devolution of powers that Nigeria needs.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by VEXT: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2020
Iam a top supporter of GEJ, but I will not Vote him.Want some one else from the south south or south east to take over.. Some one who can't be control easily..
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by RealLordZeus(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2020
Why do we need to move backwards when there is an alternative to move forward!
Nigeria was not Eldorado when he presided.
Also, These politicians tends to Bleep up when we feel they are our best option (Buhari as a case study).
So nay, let's the give cup to someone new
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Maxymilliano(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2020
I will vote Atiku ahead of Jonathan ...

Anytime, anyday.

cool

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by slivertongue: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2020
nzeobi:
I will vote Jonathan instead of voting OUK, TINUBU and ROCHAS.
Most of the accusations against him were make believe and till today most of them have not been proved to be factual aside the campaign money.
He will help in the devolution of powers that Nigeria needs.

seconded

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by peacekante: 10:36am On Oct 07, 2020
I will never vote for a man who sold oil for $140 for more than 3years and could not improve our infrastructures, build our economy or save for us. Instead he allowed his people to loot our biggest oil boom ever and went again to borrow to pay salaries.

If we are in China according to Peter Obi, he will be executed .

No I will not make such mistake I made in 2011

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by kahal29: 10:43am On Oct 07, 2020
Not in this life nor in the life to come

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by eteebanky: 10:59am On Oct 07, 2020
I will choose Buhari over him again
tho, closing the country land borders is a huge mistake he has made so far......

1 Like

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2020
meditator:

I voted for Buhari over him, I will do that again, even in my next world.

Buhari won't be on the ballot in 2023 and it's your Buhari people that are projecting GEJ.
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by IamWonderful: 11:35am On Oct 07, 2020
Affliction shall not rise the second time, I have never vote any president apart from Obasanjo, so voting Jonathan is a mirage, when the demons are dealing with you and they handed you over to Lucifer the devil, you must appreciate and apologise to the demons for dealing with you gently when Satan start with you.
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2020
kahal29:
Not in this life nor in the life to come

We would be helpless when the vultures of this country begin their scheming in 2023.
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by WonderManly(m): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2020
I'm coming...

1 Like

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Okoroawusa: 11:50am On Oct 07, 2020
God forbid bad thing!!!
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by kabillionaire(m): 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
So by implication, you're compelling Johnathan with Buhari.
Don't do that, though I'm not a Buhari fan but, compelling them is like compelling Trump (Buhari) with Samuel Doe (Johnathan).
Johnathan failed.
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by PureGoldh(m): 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
I still dey reason am
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by Sam0(m): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
Those people think they are wise,Jona only have one tenure to govern Nigeria that's why they want to settle for him so that power will go back to them after the expiration of 4years.But bet me even if Jonathan comes back he cannot defeat Professor Yemi Osinbanjo in a credible election.I pray they bring him up in 2023 so that it will be a smooth ride for the vice-president .

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by spy24(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
OP the only people that Will not vote Jonathan if he contest na westerners

As for me yes if there are no better candidate

This news shows that North only voted against Jonathan because APC brought buhari

We all know that he was the best president Nigeria had

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by kabillionaire(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
Sam0:
Those people think they are wise,Jona only have one tenure to govern Nigeria that's why they conversing for him so that power will go back to them after the expiration of 4years.But bet me even if Jonathan comes back he cannot defeat Professor Yemi Osinbanjo in a credible election.I pray they bring him up in 2023 so that it will be a smooth ride for the vice-president .

You made sense.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
Dividing the Shithole is the way forward my people..!!

Anyone from anywhere wanting to rule Nigeria will always end up serving the HausaFulanis Muslims North because of the structural defects in 1999 constitution of Nigeria that was doctored by HausaFulanisKanuri using ABACHA and Abdulsalam.
They delineated 70% of constituencies to Northerners that used to be one region and gave 30% to both West n East of the Southern regions. This injustice cannot be rectified except by outright disintegration

1 Like

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by ngadaAwo: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
Sam0:
Those people think they are wise,Jona only have one tenure to govern Nigeria that's why they conversing for him so that power will go back to them after the expiration of 4years.But bet me even if Jonathan comes back he cannot defeat Professor Yemi Osinbanjo in a credible election.I pray they bring him up in 2023 so that it will be a smooth ride for the vice-president .
oga if Buhari pick GEJ himself
it's game over for criminal pastor Osinbajo
I keep saying it
Buhari will rather collapse apc structure with PDP than allow Tinubu or any of his associates rule Nigeria.
the man just doesn't trust Tinubu
Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by dogmax(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
I can never in my life vote for any man called Jonathan as President......how much more Good luck Jonathan. The man that was unable to change this country with his academic background. To me he remains the worse President of this country considering the price of crude oil during his tenure and as a Niger Deltan I will not do such mistake again.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by ngadaAwo: 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
since GEJ started romancing buhari I've had this dislike for him angry

but I'll choose him over Tinubu or Osinbajo 10000 times
2023 yeroba Muslims go learn politics by force.
you can't keep rubbishing and tarnishing igbo good leaders like Peter Obi and Okonjo Iweala and expect me to be praising yours like Osinbajo.
we've learnt that kind of politics tey tey

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Will You Vote Jonathan Again? by ngadaAwo: 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2020
[s]
dogmax:
I can never in my life vote for any man called Jonathan as President......how much more Good luck Jonathan. The man that was unable to change this country with his academic background. To me he remains the worse President of this country considering the price of crude oil during his tenure and as a Niger Deltan I will not do such mistake again.
[/s]
Buhari is the worst president in the history of mankind
if you don't acknowledge that then you need refunds from the schools you attended

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why There's No Enough Voice From North On #endsars / #EndSARS Massacre: No evidence Pres. Buhari is listening to wise counsel —Kukah / Tinubu To Sanwo-olu: Who Ordered Lekki Attack?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.