Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO (47868 Views)

Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Germi9: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2020
Okoroawusa:
What is happening?

I Love PMB
mr lover boy,dont u think its the congested empty containers in lagos port they are sending to onitsha port?

love kee u dia
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by orijo1980: 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
AuntLaVIV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8G0psDK2Nk

More containers arrived Onitsha Port today 7th October 2020
baba is trying his best but his key players are manipulating the worst
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Iceberg3: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
updatedws:
it pains me when I hear people give PMB credit for this port.

why credit the man? how much did the fg spend on this port? nothing.

the port has been existing for years. npa just made a decision to open the port because Lagos is now overcrowded.

making the east better was never d plan here. stop giving d old man credit for what he knows nothing about.

ok make I shock u, Buhari does not know the Onitsha port has been commissioned for use. the man is senile and knows not what's happening.

the congestion of Lagos necessitated this move. containers in Lagos are competing with humans for space.

I repeat, fg did not invest a dime on this.

if u want to talk about Buhari working, then talk about the billions of dollars he borrowed to build railway connecting the north to Niger. now that's work. a lopsided work by a lopsided government.

note, am not an Ipob.
just an observer pointing out facts to people who have failed to see beyond their nose!
they will soon come for your head....
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
bravehost4u:

I am Igbo, I will vote Buhari anytime and day.
Honestly, his intentions are pure and good.
your head they dere. U r a wise person. PMB meant well for this nation. Only hardworking people will understand, not lazy youths.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by AlphaT1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Oga say what you have to say now or remain silent forever, you think you are smarter or knowledgeable than the company that is driving this idea. if you don't have anything to say just keep quiet and don't be enemy of progress
Lolz at enemy of progress. I am in the maritime sector. I will be the happiest person to see other ports function. But I tell you that we have a very long way to go, and we haven't seen any government demonstrate sincerity towards "walking the talk." Meet professionals in these agencies: NIMASA, NPA, NIWA, and NSC (Nigeria Shipper's Council) to tell you the reality on ground..
Prof Ekekwe's Tekedia team contacted Maersk directly and see their response below....

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by eldest(m): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fake news everywhere
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Tobilyn77: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hello fams��
This is Dee-Light services
We sell data at a very affordable price and our services are friendly
Pls patronize us today and smile
Stay online, stay active
Do broadcast our services to your friends and families
*Dee-Light services care* ��
Reach us by clicking here ��
/2347015878080
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by porthouse7(f): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2020
Goodmarlian:

We will dredge the river and turn it to artificial ocean that's why we have civil engineer.. tongue
for big ship abi
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Philipxxxx0: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Propaganda my people, show us the arrival of the boat .
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Philipxxxx0: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Propaganda my people, show us the arrival of the boat
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by HandsomeBlack: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
Very commendable. I pray it is sustained and not a gragra show. It would really help in decongesting Apapa/Festac axis that is almost becoming un-motorable due to trailers parking on our roads.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Feelings79: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
sosowater:

Totally false. All goods heading to onitsha will be cleared in Lagos.

Containers can only move to onitsha when there is congestion in Lagos.

Now, you all should stop the Buhari praises. The person that made this possible and commissioned it was Dr George Moghalu, MD Nigeria Inland Waterway Authority (NIWA).

When we can say that there's Onitsha Port is when containers vome in directly from foreign countries and custom clearance done in Onitsha and not Lagos.

The propaganda should just stop.

Kindly read the Cable newspaper of yesterday. It was reported that Maersk shipping has listed Onitsha port as one of its destination ports in Nigeria
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Stallione(m): 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Who is fooling who.All i can see here is trailer were container is being brought down from,were is the ship.Mtcheeww!!!
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Xtianvic(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
omenka:
One spiteful Farahaideed who claims to be Igbo but HATE, with raw passion, any news about good things happening in the East, claimed the images were doctored and NOTHING of that nature is happening in the East.

All because of his slavery to pdp. He would rather have the East turn into a hell hole so he can insult the APC and project pdp as a credible alternative.

Terrible tragedy sharing the same country with such a dark hearted character.

Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by spafu(m): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
A tale of 2 comments.
One from a good Nigeria, the other from an enemy of Nigeria
You no get shame.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by NgwalandAbia(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
CoalcityBoi:
Why don't Nigeria want to allow Igbo to go?

A). They are in control of all major market in all state in Nigeria and also the financial hub in African continent, hence Nigeria economy will collapse without the Igbos.

B). The Igbos are 5% and a land lock region and hence Nigeria care about the people so they perish if they leave Nigeria.

#Like for A

#share for B

Landlock when we have rivers state, how foolish are you?
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by SweetCunt97(f): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
seguno2:

Why are you getting excited and wet over lies?
Is there anything in the video showing that it was in Onitsha?
Stay there
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Lovenaija4real: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
You don't get it. The South East is still landlocked. Where did the container pass to get to Onitsha? Was it any of the 5 states of the east?
Goodmarlian:
But the yoloba said we are landlocked ,did this containers fly through air I am not understanding. shocked
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by Kingspin(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Buhari setting his priorities right, and changing Nigeria in a brutal forceful way, like a wicked General

So it truly means for 16 years especially 6 years of Jonathan, they were just decieving Ibos

If his rail revolution, Baro and River Niger port, Ajaokuta, lisenced private modular refineries, Mabila dam all go into full swing

Even PDP would thank him

If nobody thanked Buhari , let me personally unbehalf of my family and my self thank him for Lagos , Abeokuta, Ibadan Rail Line and the Ibadan Dry Port, everytime I see the train couches and works ongoing at the stations I feel abit of pride

For someone who have never see good road or steady light before.

I get it Nigeria.

Whenever change enter Nigeria we, including me will know but now it politics without development.

Already Nigerians looking forward for next general election hope.
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by writeprof(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
So, with all these back and forth arguments, there is no Nairalander to bring the real gist with evidence to us?

Where did the containers on truck come from? I was looking for the water, since it is a port.

Are these not containers brought from Lagos to Anambra?
Re: Onitsha Port: More Containers Arrive Onitsha Via Barges- PICS & VIDEO by MrGerald(m): 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
CoalcityBoi:
Why don't Nigeria want to allow Igbo to go?

A). They are in control of all major market in all state in Nigeria and also the financial hub in African continent, hence Nigeria economy will collapse without the Igbos.

B). The Igbos are 5% and a land lock region and hence Nigeria care about the people so they perish if they leave Nigeria.

#Like for A

#share for B
Igbos are not 5% if you're talking in population, 5% was only Buhari's blunder on those who gave him 5% and 97% vote won't be treated equally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Cries, Tries To Resist Deportation (Photos) / Plane Carrying 4 People And 2 Children Missing Over Bermuda, Bahamas(Photos). / 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.