Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,249 members, 7,822,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line (21962 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt - Maiduguri Rail Line (Photos & Video). / Extend Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Rail Line To Chad, President Deby Tells Buhari / FG Approves $3.02bn For Port Harcourt- Maiduguri Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Friend22(m): 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Openbusiness:
The same Borno that the Governor's convoy has come under direct terrorists attack 3 times or so within 1 week..... Ok na, don't forget to build underground subway too
Stop spouting ignorance here.
He was attacked on his way to IDP camp which is a known flash point not the entire Borno.
Maiduguri which one of the terminus will be sited is not a flash point for BH attack.

Fact check#
Borno state is the biggest state in Nigeria by land mass which by extension, Sambisa alone is more than or equal in size to the 5 eastern states.

Please,I may sound harsh in my approach, but we need to keep our sentiments aside and reason like humans.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Gabbriell: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Billions, God! Dollars not even naira.

It is truely finished.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by One4me: 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
booscy:
So Standard Gauge no fit this zone abi?
Na the narrow gauge una still wan come repaint.

Buhari does not believe in tje Unity of Nigeria, he knows Nigeria will break very soon and instead of making policies and taking action to reverse it, the "Tribesman" is just ensuring that when it happens, the South will be placed at a disadvantage and the North will fare better.

So, he does good things in the North, using Money from the South, and then stimy the development of the South.
Narrow Gauge in the South and Standard Gauge to Niger Republic fits that bill.
undecided undecided
This Buhari easily qualifies as the most Evil Nigerian alive, worse than Kidnappers, Bandits, Ritualists, Herdsmen and Armed Robber all rolled into one

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by One4me: 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fariq:

Or rather your foolishness is amazing. The railway will cover almost all southeast cities, pass through north central cities like Makurdi, Jos, Lafiya, then to Bauchi, Gombe, Damaturu and terminate at Maiduguri.

Shut Up and stop using your aboki brain to reason, its not helping you!
How can a Rail line going from PH to Maiduguri, cover almost all the cities in the South East, when the real line that was designed to cover most of the South/South and South East, the Calabar-Ibadan Rail line, is ignored?

The sensible thing to do would have been to build the Calabar- Ibadan Rail in standard Gauge and then from somewhere in the middle in PH, link it Northwards to Maiduguri
but he foolish tribesman President cannot wait for the Calabar- Ibadan rail to be finished first nor would he want to allocate money to that first, because he needs to finish everything in the North, before his Nepotistic reign ends in two years time
(2023)
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Openbusiness: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
Friend22:

Stop spouting ignorance here.
He was attacked on his way to IDP camp which is a known flash point not the entire Borno.
Maiduguri which one of the terminus will be sited is not a flash point for BH attack.

Fact check#
Borno state is the biggest state in Nigeria by land mass which by extension, Sambisa alone is more than or equal in size to the 5 eastern states.

Please,I may sound harsh in my approach, but we need to keep our sentiments aside and reason like humans.
Which sentiments? Read what I wrote again but slowly this time around. Did I say the entire Borno State is under attack? I said the Governor's convoy was attacked in Borno, is that not the fact? Maiduguri is the capital and the Governor got attacked within 50KM and 80KM distance from Maiduguri according to the news. Did I write the news? Will the train tracks not pass through the same route or surrounding outskirt areas where the terrorists have already infiltrated, terrorists that are pushing closer to Maiduguri itself? A Governor's convoy was attacked 3 times within one week or more, news reports that more than 30 people were killed and you think the security implications or threat should be ignored? Smh! Nawa.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Fariq: 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
One4me:

Shut Up and stop using your aboki brain to reason, its not helping you!
How can a Rail line going from PH to Maiduguri, cover almost all the cities in the South East, when the real line that was designed to cover most of the South/South and South East, the Calabar-Ibadan Rail line, is ignored?

The sensible thing to do would have been to build the Calabar- Ibadan Rail in standard Gauge and then from somewhere in the middle in PH, link it Northwards to Maiduguri
but he foolish tribesman President cannot wait for the Calabar- Ibadan rail to be finished first nor would he want to allocate money to that first, because he needs to finish everything in the North, before his Nepotistic reign ends in two years time
(2023)

1. Stop using your Nyamuri flat.head Onitsha recycled air brain to reason. Here is the HON. Minister speaking. It will pass through Aba, Umahia, Enugu. From 12:25 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqn0pboMnvI

2. Yes he won't. it's better he do that of Kano to Kaduna and kano - Jigawa - Katsina.

Nigeria does not belongs to tribalist like you. He has connected Edo, Delta, Ogun, Lagos and Oyo. Yet you hypocrite are not satisfied.

3. Even this PH to Maiduguri will benefit the south but you're angry because some part of the north will benefit.

Get out of my sight useless hater.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by GreenArrow1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
An extra bonus for the shrewd entrepreneur in this country is that there exists a vast pool of exceptionally ignorant people to exploit repeatedly. Nairaland comments are a testament to that and this thread is their bible.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by TheMostComplex1: 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
Romanoff:

Abuja to port Harcourt is good, Abuja to Lagos is okay, Abuja to the east is fine cause Abuja is the Centre of Nigeria but Maiduguri?

I don't get the rationale behind it.

Many people are skeptical about Maiduguri
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Friend22(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
Openbusiness:
Which sentiments? Read what I wrote again but slowly this time around. Did I say the entire Borno State is under attack? I said the Governor's convoy was attacked in Borno, is that not the fact? Maiduguri is the capital and the Governor got attacked within 50KM and 80KM distance from Maiduguri according to the news. Did I write the news? Will the train tracks not pass through the same route or surrounding outskirt areas where the terrorists have already infiltrated, terrorists that are pushing closer to Maiduguri itself? A Governor's convoy was attacked 3 times within one week or more, news reports that more than 30 people were killed and you think the security implications or threat should be ignored? Smh! Nawa.

You still not makmg any sense.

If the attack was inside Maiduguri it would have made your view rational, but outside it about 50km to 60 km?
Haba?!

I had to do a fact check to know if you are saying the truth but it is obvious you are lying.

The distance between Maiduguri to near Baga along Mugono road the scene of the attack is about 197km which about 3hours 22mons or 44mins drive and you're here spewing lies.

197km oh?

I know you were speaking out of your ethnic bigotry not that you really cared about those people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Openbusiness: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
Friend22:

You still not makmg any sense.

If the attack was inside Maiduguri it would have made your view rational, but outside it about 50km to 60 km?
Haba?!

I had to do a fact check to know if you are saying the truth but it is obvious you are lying.

The distance between Maiduguri to near Baga along Mugono road the scene of the attack is about 197km which about 3hours 22mons or 44mins drive and you're here spewing lies.

197km oh?

I know you were speaking out of your ethnic bigotry not that you really cared about those people.
The only liar here is you! And it's not my problem if you have a comprehension problem and find it difficult to interpret sentences in proper context and resort to bring up propaganda when there's none. Why are you hiding behind this, why not come out straight and let's know what your real problem is?
https://wwww.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/breaking-again-boko-haram-attacks-borno-governors-convoy/amp/
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by solomonsly11(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Why Maiduguri why not London?
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Friend22(m): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Openbusiness:
The only liar here is you! And it's not my problem if you have a comprehension problem and find it difficult to interpret sentences in proper context and resort to bring up propaganda when there's none. Why are you hiding behind this, why not come out straight and let's know what your real problem is?
https://wwww.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/breaking-again-boko-haram-attacks-borno-governors-convoy/amp/

You are the one who is having comprehension problem.
You think government takes rash decisions like many of you do without thinking about its inherent implications.

MoreverI read it in another news website and it clearly says near Baga when the governor was moving from Mugono to Baga that's when his convoy was attacked.
The point of our difference is not the attack on the governor's convoy ,but the security of Maiduguri which I told you wasn't a problem while you were trying to use the attack on the governor's convoy as a disapproval of a terminus being sited in Maiduguri that you had to also lie about the distance.

See,let's stop this rigmaroling.
Yiu were caught lying that's the bottom line.

If Maiduguri was not safe like you claimed, the governor would have notified they FG of it, but that's not the case.

How come you who is about a thousand miles away claiming to know more about the security situation better than the residents there still beats me hollow.

And for your info,I don't take any news item form vanguard news seriously because they are known for spreading lies and propaganda.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Openbusiness: 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
Friend22:

You are the one who is having comprehension problem.
You think government takes rash decisions like many of you do without thinking about its inherent implications.

MoreverI read it in another news website and it clearly says near Baga when the governor was moving from Mugono to Baga that's when his convoy was attacked.
The point of our difference is not the attack on the governor's convoy ,but the security of Maiduguri which I told you wasn't a problem while you were trying to use the attack on the governor's convoy as a disapproval of a terminus being sited in Maiduguri that you had to also lie about the distance.

See,let's stop this rigmaroling.
Yiu were caught lying that's the bottom line.

If Maiduguri was not safe like you claimed, the governor would have notified they FG of it, but that's not the case.

How come you who is about a thousand miles away claiming to know more about the security situation better than the residents there still beats me hollow.

And for your info,I don't take any news item form vanguard news seriously because they are known for spreading lies and propaganda.

Breaking: Again Boko Haram attacks Borno Governor’s convoy
ON SEPTEMBER 27, 2020 6:39 PM IN NEWS
…Press crew bus tyre shot
BY NDAHI MARAMA, MAIDUGURI
Barely 48 hours when some members of dreaded Boko Haram ambushed convoy of Governor Babagana Umara Zulum along Cross Kauwa-Baga road in Borno state leaving over 30 people dead including 10 policemen and 4 soldiers, another set of insurgents laid ambush along Monguno- Maiduguri axis and attacked the returning convoy on Sunday evening.

Monguno is north and about 80km drive to Maiduguri, the town hosted thousands of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) mostly from Marte, Baga, Kukawa, Dikwa and other surrounding Local Government Areas.

READ ALSO: PDP condemns attack on Governor Zulum
Sources said, the attack led to the shooting of a back tyre of the vehicle/bus conveying Journalists attached to the governor, but the driver manuveared and drove the vehicle on the flat wheel to escape the scene.

Although, details were sketchy at press time, one of the occupants/Journalist in the affected bus who did not want his name mentioned confirmed to our correspondent that the convoy ran into another Boko Haram ambush about 50km away to Maiduguri.

Unfortunately, the Journalist cell phone lines went off due to poor network, but investigation revealed that no casualty recorded in the latest Sunday ambush.

Vanguard

The only thing you caught was lack of comprehension. Because if you could comprehend well, you would have understood that my point in my initial post was for the Government to end terrorism in Borno first before committing to building this project. Then as you can see, I quoted distances documented in the news. You said it was a lie. I provided the link of the news article. And now that you have been proven wrong, you twist it to say that Vanguard is known for spreading lies and propagandas. Well, as for me, that's Vanguard News own write up, the writer is in Maiduguri, if you have a problem with Vanguard News, that's your problem not mine. That's a problem between you and Vanguard News. Write to them and let them know their news of Governor's convoy attack 50km and 80km from Maiduguri is a lie and propaganda, that your own distance calculation is true, since you were physically present at the location of the attack and know more than the journalists that were part of the convoy that was attacked.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by ThatPetiteChic: 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
GreenArrow1:

Sir, is $3bn not too much for a reconstruction of a narrow gauge rail?

#pls enlighten me
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Friend22(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
Openbusiness:

Breaking: Again Boko Haram attacks Borno Governor’s convoy
ON SEPTEMBER 27, 2020 6:39 PM IN NEWS
…Press crew bus tyre shot
BY NDAHI MARAMA, MAIDUGURI
Barely 48 hours when some members of dreaded Boko Haram ambushed convoy of Governor Babagana Umara Zulum along Cross Kauwa-Baga road in Borno state leaving over 30 people dead including 10 policemen and 4 soldiers, another set of insurgents laid ambush along Monguno- Maiduguri axis and attacked the returning convoy on Sunday evening.

Monguno is north and about 80km drive to Maiduguri, the town hosted thousands of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) mostly from Marte, Baga, Kukawa, Dikwa and other surrounding Local Government Areas.

READ ALSO: PDP condemns attack on Governor Zulum
Sources said, the attack led to the shooting of a back tyre of the vehicle/bus conveying Journalists attached to the governor, but the driver manuveared and drove the vehicle on the flat wheel to escape the scene.

Although, details were sketchy at press time, one of the occupants/Journalist in the affected bus who did not want his name mentioned confirmed to our correspondent that the convoy ran into another Boko Haram ambush about 50km away to Maiduguri.

Unfortunately, the Journalist cell phone lines went off due to poor network, but investigation revealed that no casualty recorded in the latest Sunday ambush.

Vanguard

The only thing you caught was lack of comprehension. Because if you could comprehend well, you would have understood that my point in my initial post was for the Government to end terrorism in Borno first before committing to building this project. Then as you can see, I quoted distances documented in the news. You said it was a lie. I provided the link of the news article. And now that you have been proven to wrong, you twist it to say that Vanguard is known for spreading lies and propagandas. Well, as for me, that's Vanguard News own write up, the writer is in Maiduguri, if you have a problem with Vanguard News, that's your problem not mine. That's a problem between you and Vanguard News. Write to them and let them know their news of Governor's convoy attack 50km and 80km from Maiduguri is a lie and propaganda, that your own distance calculation is true, since you were physically present at the location of the attack and know more than the journalists that were part of the convoy that was attacked.

I agree that my calculation or assumed distance was not spot on based on what I thought, but it does not detract from the fact that Maiduguri is still not totally bad to site a terminus there.
And again,80km is still a safe distance more better than the 50 or 60 km you said which was a lie.

The distance,though not the exactly the distance number according to the scene of attack I cited is backed by facts not assumption like yours .

Maiduguri is large ,and you can't say an attack that happened 80 km away from Maiduguri is still not a safe distance.
The point is,the terrorist can't have access to Maiduguri and before they do, it will almost be impossible due to their hit and run approach they employ in distant communities which proves that they are not strong enough to go for an attack at the state capital.

The issue here is,you don't stop people from having development around because there is insecurity in a distant place.

As bad as Abuja-Kaduna road is,construction work is still going on .
All I see the government doing is killing two birds with one stone.

Finally,I still stand by words that Vanguard new is not a trustible media outlet.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Openbusiness: 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Friend22:

I agree that my calculation or assumed distance was not spot on based on what I thought, but it does not detract from the fact that Maiduguri is still not totally bad to site a terminus there.
And again,80km is still a safe distance more better than the 50 or 60 km you said which was a lie.

The distance,though not the exactly the distance number according to the scene of attack I cited is backed by facts not assumption like yours .

Maiduguri is large ,and you can't say an attack that happened 80 km away from Maiduguri is still not a safe distance.
The point is,the terrorist can't have access to Maiduguri and before they do, it will almost be impossible due to their hit and run approach they employ in distant communities which proves that they are not strong enough to go for an attack at the state capital.

The issue here is,you don't stop people from having development around because there is insecurity in a distant place.

As bad as Abuja-Kaduna road is,construction work is still going on .
All I see the government doing is killing two birds with one stone.

Finally,I still stand by words that Vanguard new is not a trustible media outlet.
I'm not going to argue about the credibility of Vanguard Newspaper with you. I can't do that because it's based on personal perspective. Are they one of the leading newspapers in Nigeria? Yes! But does that prove their credibility? Yes and No. Why? Because credibility in this area or context is subjective. To you Vanguard news might not be credible but to someone else they are very credible. To some people CNN is very credible but to me, CNN = fake news media. But my point is that i just pointed my news source to you for my statement and claim of 50km and 80km that you were disputing as a lie. So I didn't lie. What I said was clearly stated in Vanguard news.

Then about the safety of Maiduguri, well, honestly I don't know, I have never step foot in Maiduguri before, whether past or present. What I discuss on it, is based on news and media reports from major news outlets. About the safety and security of Maiduguri, I'm not disputing that Maiduguri is not safe or Maiduguri is under Boko Haram attack right now. But we know that Maiduguri is a target for terrorists and they have made attempts to attack it before (https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-31079948); and they are drawing closer and closer to the location presently. But that's even not the issue. The train rail tracks coming from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri is it going to disappear straight into Maiduguri? Is it not going to pass through neighboring areas to it in Borno? Yes, it will. That's Borno's map below. Never been there, but some places stick out when you mention them because they have been in the news very often coming under terrorists attacks. Some of these places have been overtaken, overrun or controlled by terrorists before and the terrorists still have roots there in Borno. Places like Chibok, Biu, Damboa, Gwoza etc. Will you tell me that the train rail tracks coming from Port Harcourt won't pass through any of these places? So security is the issue and my concern for the first post. But unfortunately, you misinterpreted it for bigotry and here we are going back and forth since 1800 AD as if I will get paid a salary for this discussion or I'm doing presidential debate. Nawa oh. But anyway, it was necessary. And I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that security of Borno first before rail project is my point.

Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by showafrica(m): 2:21am On Oct 09, 2020
Romanoff:

Abuja to port Harcourt is good, Abuja to Lagos is okay, Abuja to the east is fine cause Abuja is the Centre of Nigeria but Maiduguri?

I don't get the rationale behind it.

They want Boko haram to get free access to the south easily... this Nigeria people is tiring somebody... Of all places na Maiduguri wey the governor wey no even safe they wan do rail.
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Danmaiduguri(m): 6:22am On Oct 09, 2020
Realtalk20:

What is so important from maiduguri that is needed in port Harcourt?

Repentant Bokoharam members?

Its ur father. grin
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by Realtalk20: 6:26am On Oct 09, 2020
Danmaiduguri:

Its ur father. grin

Ode
Re: FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line by oxiide22(m): 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
Romanoff:

Just like I aired my opinion, you can air yours, especially without insults, that's how intelligent arguments are made.
hmm you're right, but it beat my imagination your perception that's y. are you d1 in d dp?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship / Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities / Restructuring: Politicians Gather In Awka To Discuss The Future Of Nigeria (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.