Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG (21532 Views)

George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities / Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Quitam: 9:25am On Oct 08, 2020
Ff
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2020
Commitment has always been the problem.
The FG has never been committed to improving education standards in Nigeria.
The little money currently being spent on the sector is a waste of money to them.
What do you think IPPIS is all about?
It's simply an avenue to cut down spending on already impoverished non revenue generating government sectors.
Lecturers are complaining of poor pay and the government is going ahead to cut it further.
Those in the habit of referring to ASUU as problematic, hasn't NASU and SSANU joined the strike too?
I understand that the country is broke and there's need to cut down cost of governance; but you don't do that by throwing poor civil servants from fry pan to fire.
How about we start by slashing legislative expenditure?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Xisnin(m): 9:28am On Oct 08, 2020
He also said the union’s penchant for strike was driving public school students abroad and to private universities.
This is actually a good thing. Our public uni is already overstretched.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Realtalk20: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2020
Queenlovely:
it seems the more money we pump into education, the lesser the outcome.

we don't see good result after all these spending, it's like that all over the world, technology innovation has stalled, it is globalization that is at full throttle.

globalization is not technology, globalization is just copying what worked somewhere,

example is how china is copying the west, it's globalization

billion are pumped into research worldwide yet the result is absent. if there was technological innovation, by now stem cell transplant would be realistic, hiv can be easily cured, immortality would be realistic by now.

why have we stopped innovating
we used to see more innovation in the 1940 now we are halted because of the big research institute, that are engaged in fraudulent research.

You are a lecturer yeah ?

You analysis on why innovation has stalled in astute

Well done

3 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by oxiide22(m): 9:37am On Oct 08, 2020
Yenefer:
#Discontinue Nigeria
kin kusan kai wannan yarinyan dp naki kyau?
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Abdullahiab(m): 9:37am On Oct 08, 2020
This Country Self, God No Go Sham Us With Them
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Rajosh(m): 9:37am On Oct 08, 2020
n3xt:
Yes. Just as bulk of Nigerian Annual Budget is spent on 469 legislators in Nigeria.
Legislooters you mean.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2020
The budget wey no even reach self. It falls below international recommendations for the education sector.
Government should improve funding the sector than telling us where most of it goes.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by pegix(m): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2020
Obsolete curriculum
1950s sciences are being tot

So don't expect any innovation
Even prof just cram.book nothing more

3 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2020
DennisEche:
PROFESSORS IN TITLE. PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN USING GENERATION TO GENERATION TOPICS TO TEACH STUDENTS

Don't generalize all of them,some of them are very sound, despite the fact that the environment is not conducive and their pay is low.

2 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Samakus(m): 9:47am On Oct 08, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

This comparisons with Saudi to justify incompetence is very saddening.

Nigeria is fvcked.

I just discovered that SK cures malaria.

I have to get into more research into that shit.

#Peace out

What's SK? Carry me along. If your discovery is true, we can be billionaires you know

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
So 1ne out of 7even lecturers is a professor.
hahaha.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Ben404040: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Is it easy to be a professor?
When you have a Baba with affidavit this is what you ll get
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Though Universities are underfunded but we all have to know that the N620b is running cost of the Universities while all Universities infrastructure is fully funded by TETFUND which have fairly enough money funding the Universities. With due respect ASUU isn't serious at all. I agree with education tourism but if a single lecturer will be given N40m to do his PhD abroad, N20-30m for MSc by TETFUND which is annually given to hundreds lecturers then why can't they ask for 3 years suspension of foreign scholarship and use the budgeted money to revitalise our research centres and workshops and encourage local scholarship within the revival period?
TETFUND scholarships should be limited to those studying courses that we don't have enough research facilities in. Most of us attended either university, Poly or C.O.E, did we got the welfare from what we paid in our dormitories?
How do they manage students toilets, electricity, pipe borne water, landscaping of schools and many other University responsibilities?
FG has done more than them. All registration fees we paid to university through remitter is put under FG supervision due to their embezzlement culture and 100% spent by university authorities.
Everyone pay for exam fees, sport fees and bunch of other charges but the question is are they reflected in students life?
Thank God the university I attended is really trying (BUK); electricity is standard, water is fairly available, classes are well furnished with ACs, very portable environment for learning but I pity some universities I visited, very pathetic state as a result of poor maintenance by the authority.

9 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by donestk(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
What are the professors professying?
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by kilonshele101(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
flyingpig:
Govt that means well for the future must budget more for education sector. That is the simple truth.

If we actually want development in our education, more budget for infrastructural development in our schools is what the govt should do not increasing further the salaries of those sadist lecturers who have made schooling unbearable for students

Our lecturers are comparing themselves with other lecturer around the world but they are not doing like them, not all the lecturers in Harvard can afford buying many cars like our own lecturer

5 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Wealthyone:
I heard that in the news this morning. The so called professors that can't invent or innovate, always fighting for money and writing journals....shior.

What of the money Jonathan pumped in Universities? They have embezzled all.

What's bad in writing journals? Some journals are charging 100dollars to publish articles.We have many of them who have discovered something, Obaleye in Unilorin is a good example. For them to discover something, they need better working conditions.

2 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Havenie: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2020
so at the end this people can't come to an agreement?
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by samsard(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

This comparisons with Saudi to justify incompetence is very saddening.

Nigeria is fvcked.

I just discovered that SK cures malaria.

I have to get into more research into that shit.

#Peace out
I don't like politicians. But to be fair to them, that is a fair comparison. We have a population of over 150 million struggling for 1.5 million barrels of crude worth of revenue, there's no emphasizing the fact the coats need to be cut to size. Like he said, we aren't even inventing anything.

3 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2020
omooba969:
Brainless professors, substandard education... NONSENSE.

Do you have one in your family?
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by renzie: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2020
I feel so sad for my country. I can't believe this is coming from a Minister of Education. His statement hi as exposed his mindset. He is arrogantly displaying ignorance. Sometimes it is better to be silent, at least you can be mistaken to be wise. He has made us know that he has no value for education. He believes Govt is spending too much on University Lecturers. How much does a Nigerian Professor earn? A Prof. earns about be #450,000 multiply this by the 10,500 Professors he mentioned and that gives you the amount that our Minister of be Education considers as too much. I am so ashamed that he is from the South. an Igbo man. He is making me believe the Igbos don't have be value for Education.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
Two greedy party

ASUU and FG would never reach compromise

It's better for FG to fund education properly and. pay all their allowances.
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Gabbriell: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
e be like say this strike go enter next year. See the kind yeye thing wey government they talk.

What do u expect, that money spent on primary and secondary schools should exceed universities. Bunch of cowards, universities are not just a single degree institute; They house B.Sc, M.Sc, P.H.D And more. Let me not even talk about the medical section of universities. U should never expect to spend comparable amount to other education sector.

Abeg what is the Annual budget of the reps them?. Fools that won't look at the budget they allocate to themselves first b4 looking at ones allocated to the public or civil servants. All they do is share money and cars.

I don't blame them sha..having illiterates with forged certificate as leaders lead to stuffs like this
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Hedonisco:
Unproductive 'armchair' professors for that matter.

For your mind
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by tnerro1(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Nigerian professors na scam
Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 9:55am On Oct 08, 2020
shevy878:
Useless old prof doing nothing & earning fat salary

How much is their pay?

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by 9jatriot(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2020
Government should outsource lecturing and gradually phase out these selfish ASU(N) members, the same way banks and other serious companies now use contract staff to ensure efficiency.

When you make use of contract staff, you only business as employer is the company you gave the contract to, if that company is unable to manage her staff and they disrupt the academic calendar of the school allocated to them, you put up an advert for new contractors. Nonsense.

Every company has its own system of paying her staff, some companies will insist that you must have an account in a particular bank if you intend to receive your salary, yet you have ASUU telling government they do not want to receive their salary from IPPIS.

3 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by jolyment: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
Please sack all these Professors and disolve ASUU

They are a bug to the Average Nigerian students undecided

So that you can replace them

1 Like

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by omooba969(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2020
[s]
jolyment:

Do you have one in your family?
[/s]

What do you know about my family? undecided

Foolish question from one of the products of the same brainless professors.

3 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2020
Oga ASUU, you are sounding like a broken chord.

If you want to earn CBN or NNPC salary, resign from being a lecturer and go apply to work in CBN or NNPC.

You are simply blackmailing govt

I like how Obasanjo was treating you people, he was even more intelligent than most of you.

Idiotic fellows.

6 Likes

Re: Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG by duduade: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2020
Loool

This guy should please shut up

I know that figure of 10500 professors is a lie

Blatant lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Udom Celebrates Best Nigerian Student In Imperial College, London (photos) / Jamb/utme Thread For 2022 / What's The Correct Pronunciation Fork?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.