Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Do You Love About The South-east Region - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Love About The South-east Region (2615 Views)

Atiku Hails Discovery Of Crude Oil In North-east Region / The First Ever Flyover In North-East Region Completed In Adamawa. / Is Cross Rivers Landmass Bigger Than South East Region? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: What Do You Love About The South-east Region by ajebuter(f): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2020
As a Yoruba woman, one major thing I respect the Igbo tribe for is the fact that they NEVER beg for a living n matter the dire condition..

Even with our Yoruba pride and education, we still have certain tribe that condones street begging..

This is a sharp contrast to Igbo tribe, they NEVER or HARDLY begs and that endears them to me..

Probably, they assist each other with town/village or individual contribution, I wouldn't know.

But I respect that single fact of refusing to beg on the street.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About The South-east Region by Ogbuu101: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2020
MrColdsweat:

There's a reason yorubas have the highest baby mamas in Nigeria.

Also, their women love genuinely and are hardworking. Their women are willing to start small with you from your one room apartment and grow with you. You see women carrying children on their backs, hawking their wares, trekking several kilometers just to feed their husband who's always seated at a bus-stop or motorpark drinking shekpe and smoking goof....

Their women are hardworking but their men are very lazy.
Exactly.
In Igbo land,if a family is poor,the males bear d brunt of sustaining the family.
But in yoruba land,d reverse is the case.
You hardly see male yoruba hawkers.
It always their females.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Now Killing Police In Their Homes Nnamdi Kanu Brags VIDEO / Dear Yorubas - Where Is Sunday Igboho? / Good News As Unknown Gunmen Mistakenly Killed An IPOB Member - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.