Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,825 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane (67790 Views)

Naira In Transition, Not Jinxed – Bismarck Rewane / Peter Obi, Rewane Bismarck & Raji Fashola At A Function: Can You Caption This P / Atiku Must Tell Us Who He’s Planning To Sell NNPC To - Bismarck Rewane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by PaulH07: 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Mysticwebb:
This one just sat in his house and began listing out States and saying any damn thing that crosses his mind.
Imagine for instance, Ekiti rated far above Kano and Rivers States. With nothing to back it up except the highly intoxicating weed he smoked before dishing out this warped writing.
Tomorrow now, someone will smoke more effective weed and start quoting him as his reference for making another more useless and ethnic biased comparison.

My guy, that Taraba state own na true oh. You can have sex all night with a woman here just by buying her 2bottles of Star and #500 fish wey una 2go chop 2gether.

Me wey maga still dey spend 1k overnight for babe. The Taraba own wey dey true lends some credence to the rest IMO...
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by MrBONE2(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Mysticwebb:
This one just sat in his house and began listing out States and saying any damn thing that crosses his mind.
Imagine for instance, Ekiti rated far above Kano and Rivers States. With nothing to back it up except the highly intoxicating weed he smoked before dishing out this warped writing.
Tomorrow now, someone will smoke more effective weed and start quoting him as his reference for making another more useless and ethnic biased comparison.
grin

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Moorish: 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
There is no prosperous state in Nigeria

With their Decadent infrastructure
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by gideonvalor98(m): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
spymaster:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/07/only-nine-states-are-prosperous/amp/

See as BIGOTS are shouting for "source pls" you should know that Mr Bismarck company is one of the best financial management and research institution in the country. You better go back to your region NOW! and develop it before it's too late for you guys! Hmmmm!

Southwest cashing out big time...una eye go clear las las when we pursue una comot from our region..finger crossed!

3 Likes

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by SocialJustice: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

He is not God! Let him clearly support his submission with observable and verifiable evidence... We shouldn't indulge in pointless personality worship.
Lol, personality worship, that's your excuse for being ignorant? Go and sleep.
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Angelfrost(m): 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
SocialJustice:
Lol, personality worship, that's your excuse for being ignorant? Go and sleep.

A good excuse as any... What is your own excuse for gullibility and hero worship??!

So, once someone laden with massive qualifications and degrees or years of experience spouts off anything, it should never be challenged??!

Don't ever come at me with such condescension again. Thank you.
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Taye4j: 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

A good excuse as any... What is your own excuse for gullibility and hero worship??!

So, once someone laden with massive qualifications and degrees or years of experience spouts off anything, it should never be challenged??!

So, just because what the man gave out based on statistical evidence(s) is not in tandem with your perception of what it should be is now termed 'gibberish'.

I'm so sure if the man had included those states you had hoped or clamored for, you would have taken it hook, line and sinker. I'm sure you wouldn't have questioned his intelligence and various degrees he has.

It's high time we started seeing things objectively and not allow ethnic bigotry cloud our judgment.

1 Like

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Angelfrost(m): 4:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
Taye4j:

So, just because what the man gave out based on statistical evidence(s) is not in tandem with your perception of what it should be is now termed 'gibberish'.

I'm so sure if the man had included those states you had hoped or clamored for, you would have taken it hook, line and sinker. I'm sure you wouldn't have questioned his intelligence and various degrees he has.

It's high time we started seeing things objectively and not allow ethnic bigotry cloud our judgment.

Please, Don't confuse me with dullards and sycophants on this forum... I have no affiliations.

What statistical evidence was used to clearly measure misery from state to state??! Who carried out the statistical investigation, what tools were employed, and what grounds??!

I never used such demeaning and insulting term "gibberish" in my submission... I know Sir. Rewane well enough not be that stupid.
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by lx3as(m): 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
winterfell007:

Kano cannot be ranked as more prosperous than the other states highlighted. Kano is just a state that at has high population rates with a huge majority of which fall below the poverty line . The population of Kano is huge liability to the government and Nigeria at large hence the high rate of Almajiri

It's very funny that Nigerians are emotional about everything. They are comparing state like Osun, Ekiti, etc with others like kano, Enugu, etc based on allocations from fg and population, etc. They forgot that these people have majority of their people in the middle class based on about 90% educated people from time immemorial.

In Ekiti for instance, there's a well equipped government hospital with ambulance for about 6,000 people and spread to every breath of the state. Irepodun/Ifelodun LGA alone has about 34 government secondary schools, tap water in all the communities, good access roads and about 10 banks. One would find almost the same in all the LGAs not only in the capital. The same applies to other states like Osun, Kwara( except Kwara north).

Many of these states they are comparing, you can't find up to 10 government Secondary school in some LGAs, 1 or 2 health centres without personnel, tap water is a pipe dream, no bank anywhere except in state capital or in one other town. In the entire Enugu, you only find bank in Nsukka, Enugu town and suburbs and 1 in orji river. In Ebonyi, one only find bank in Abakaliki and Afikpo.

The population of Almajiri in kano alone will be very close to the entire population of Ekiti, and yet some believe it's more prosperous because of few rich, market and one big city. The SW governments are more people oriented and the people always more conscious about governance and collectivism. Others think more about individual richness in the midst of poor majority; with government doing nothing than fix roads in few places, and more decorations in the capital city without water or other social amenities. Corpers are the main teachers in these states.

Bismarck is from Delta State, I don't see any bias in his submission. The problem I see with the SW is large civil service in the States. However majority of the people are into personal businesses, food and cash crops farming, etc.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Taye4j: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

Please, Don't confuse me with dullards and sycophants on this forum... I have no affiliations.

What statistical evidence was used to clearly measure misery from state to state??! Who carried out the statistical investigation, what tools were employed, and what grounds??!

I'm sure if you had taken your time to go through the link or the newspaper itself, or better still, the company's site, you would have gotten all the necessary information.

Come to think of it, do you think such an organization would have carried out such an important investigation without having the necessary statistics or other verifiable documents that are false proof?

Also, when you read reports from World bank, IMF and other international institutions, you will still see the same trend; all pointing toward the same result with little or no difference.

I know nothing is impossible in Nigeria and you have every right to be skeptical, however, when the welder continues to hit the iron at the same spot, it means there is something of interest there.

5 Likes

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
lx3as:

It's very funny that Nigerians are emotional about everything. They are comparing state like Osun, Ekiti, etc with others like kano, Enugu, etc based on allocations from fg and population, etc. They forgot that these people have majority of their people in the middle class based on about 90% educated people from time immemorial.

In Ekiti for instance, there's a well equipped government hospital with ambulance for about 6,000 people and spread to every breath of the state. Irepodun/Ifelodun LGA alone has about 34 government secondary schools, tap water in all the communities, good access roads and about 10 banks. One would find almost the same in all the LGAs not only in the capital. The same applies to other states like Osun, Kwara( except Kwara north).

Many of these states they are comparing, you can't find up to 10 government Secondary school in some LGAs, 1 or 2 health centres without personnel, tap water is a pipe dream, no bank anywhere except in state capital or in one other town. In the entire Enugu, you only find bank in Nsukka, Enugu town and suburbs and 1 in orji river. In Ebonyi, one only find bank in Abakaliki and Afikpo.

The population of Almajiri in kano alone will be very close to the entire population of Ekiti, and yet some believe it's more prosperous because of few rich. The SW governments are more people oriented and the people always more conscious about governance and collectivism. Others think more about individual richness in the midst of poor majority; with government doing nothing than fix roads in few places, and more decorations in the capital city without water. corpers are the main teachers in these states.

Bismarck is from Delta State, I don't see any bias in his submission. The problem I see with the SW is large civil service in the States. However majority of the people are into personal businesses, food and cash crops farming, etc.

True

2 Likes

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Abia1stS0N: 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fox12:

Is dat a state or a Local Government?

Abia state is a dead state, that's why no one hears about the state
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Hassanmaye(m): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
This is very very confusing and scary how can state like rivers state be among the highly miserable even I'm not from the south south? I'm perplexed
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by SocialJustice: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

Lol, you're too ignorant to waste time on.
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by larrypappyy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
sesan85:

But you wouldn't have asked the "parameters used" if the report had favoured your erosion-ravaged landlocked homeland abi?
Oga the report favour me.Moreso asking for the parameters used isn't out of place. I'm not a zombie. so asking to explain why it is so isn't a wrong question.

1 Like

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by larrypappyy(m): 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bluntemperor:

You dey there dey rant as I dey laugh! Mr Bismarck Rewane is not a small fry sir.Very apt.
Fault him if you can without burning yourself.This is not polical gimmicks usually displayed by by Bloggers or the Politicians and their footsoldiers looking for positions or what to eat!
Oga the report favour me.Moreso asking for the parameters used isn't out of place. I'm not a zombie. so asking to explain why it is so isn't a wrong question.
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by sonofthunder: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fussion1000:

I doubt how you guys finished secondary schools, perhaps tribalism doesn't allow you to read properly,

According to rewane, non of Nigeria state is prosperous, he only did comparative analysis of all states

I'm from the south west, lived a lot in osun and several states in Nigeria. Keep advertising your folly to the world
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by BornRicch(m): 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
chinchonglee:

Nah nah nah! Dnt go there.
U can't compare Anambra to Edo. Never!

Edo is pple are poor. The only thing that sustains that state small is Yahoo and prostitution
I stayed in Akpapava junction around new benin

Yeah Anambra people are ritualist and your money aren't clean dude... You anmbra are very greedy and stingy you only help those in your secret cult. Tell me how many of your neighbors have you people help from your south east? Those mansions in your hometown how many are occupied? Listen, dude I don't give a Bleep about your anambra. Nigeria system and population is the only reason you've the gut to talk to an Edo man. Thanks to British for choosing slaves people over us. Do you really want me to go all out with you? Seriously you just mentioned prostitute? Igbo is the highest in terms of prostitutions in Africa. Do you want to talk about Drugs, Betrayal, and the only tribe that can't stand up for their brothers? Dude I live with Igbo I know you inside out, please don't get me started. You and me know you people won't even dare benin man... travel out of the country and see for yourself. Do you know how many of your brother who leave drug business to learn that same yahoo? Travel guy and see...

2 Likes

Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by mystmoze(m): 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
Wetin de man smoke abeg... Benue is the most miserable state in Nigeria
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
Coronabirus:
Bro, even the Northern syndrome is deliberately created to distract investors, that's why I want govt to emphasise on opening the sea ports of other regions, provide adequate light which OBJ deliberately killed and gave Lagos alone gas through pipeline to take investors to Lagos & Ogun states only. About hundreds companies have decayed in Kano and thy all run to Lagos because of power shortage. A bank in Jigawa will take his papers to Lagos get thm stamped and be taken back to FIRS and Lagos will end up being the beneficiary of stamp duty charges and this is applied to all states. Bank in other states but their stamp duty is in Lagos.
Bank in Anambra won't buy anything valuable in Anambra but will buy it from Lagos instead just for Lagos to benefit. Banks defy recruitment pattern for employing mostly indigenous and hire some one from Lagos despite all the graduates we've jobless everywhere.
They swindle the President by telling hm that land boarders shld be closed to manage revenue, now they're closed for almost a year, everything only comes through Lagos, they tax every import, them alone & surreptitiously the intention is for the importers to be familiar with port and forget land boarders. Niger Republic, Chad, some part of Cameroun, Central Africa Republic, Mali, Burkina Faso all largely depend on core Northern states' markets. Now the boarder is closed, how do u expect our business to boom, how can we make any revenue?
There are a lot of economic sabotages which very soon people will start official complain for real & ideal restructuring.
Very soon we'll face reality when we all realised that economic sabotage has been done to mock others.
But u said u prefer Yoruba to Igbo. grin
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by maasoap(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
post=94729999:

Keep fooling yourselves with propaganda

Thanks. You can fool yourself with facts.
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Brown roofs you and your family living in currently? To every nyanmiris out there, they have at least one family living in the southwest. Argue with your flat-yansh, yam-leg and hairy-chest sister.

I'm so sorry pal, but this won't change the fact that yellobas are poor with brown roofs littered everywhere and plenty mud houses, hehehehehe....

we Ndi Igbo so mush love those flat yansh, yam leg and hairy chest, hehehehehe...
and yelloba guys always drool whenever they see our Igbo sisters, same way yelloba girls drool whenever they see Igbo guys, hehehehehe...
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by maasoap(m): 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
eldoradoxx:
Nigerians see employment from one perspective, the formal sector. If u re looking of real employment, look to those states that have more businesses and commercial sectors than government offices. That is where you have more employmsnt and lesser poverty. What people like Bismarck do is to use formal sector employment per state vis-a vis population to measure poverty level because they don't have data of number of jobs in the informal sector. Or are u not aware that there are more businesses in Rivers or Anambra than Osun, Ekiti and Kwara combined?

You have a point. Another perspective is that Osun, Ekiti, kwara are agrarian communities, there can never be a visible unemployment. How I wish we saw the parameters used
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
MENELIIK:

Osu, cry me a river! The statistics is based on data generated by the researcher and not based on the hatred of Osus for Yoruba people

we don't hate yelloba ppl omo yelloba, we hate lies, ighotago nwanne? hehe..
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
MENELIIK:

Osu, post them, that is to show you that those places were towns as at the time your ancestors were living in forest reserves. Meanwhile, there are abundance of brown roofs in the erosion ravaged enclave

hehehehehe, so are you trying to tell us that those houses with brown roofs were built before 1960?
If not for Lagos yellobas will be worse than the hausa-fulanis....
LMAO....

ok, post the pics of the abundance brown roofs in southeast apart from the one in Enugu the other guy posted earlier....
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Onlinesmart: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

I'm so sorry pal, but this won't change the fact that yellobas are poor with brown roofs littered everywhere and plenty mud houses, hehehehehe....

we Ndi Igbo so mush love those flat yansh, yam leg and hairy chest, hehehehehe...
and yelloba guys always drool whenever they see our Igbo sisters, same way yelloba girls drool whenever they see Igbo guys, hehehehehe...

Stale.... Coming from someone from the poorest region in Southern Nigeria. It's obvious poverty chases all of you from your region. If census is taken today, hardly would the number of residents in the whole of southeast amount to paltry 10m. Una don japa finish come your master's land. Facts don't lie.
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by celeiyke: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
This one will just be forming economist or analyst. What's his criteria ? Just sit down in his office n be forming intelligentsia
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by celeiyke: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
Biafrannuke:
...and he is a professor.

Na u make am prof? He doesn't even have a masters the last I know him
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by highbee02: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Even with O TO GEE, Kwara should be among the miserable states because the present administration is not paying #18k not to talk of #30k minimum wage. Civil servants are really suffering, especially KWSUBEB and local government workers
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by hopexter(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
larrypappyy:
what are the parameter used sir

There was no parameter used, the Joker only surveyed each state from a Parachute. Imagine a dead state like Katsina is same level with the oil region states and better than plateau. This man is a high grade smoker grin grin
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by frankyychiji(f): 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
Re: 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane by Prosperchuks1344(m): 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Stale.... Coming from someone from the poorest region in Southern Nigeria. It's obvious poverty chases all of you from your region. If census is taken today, hardly would the number of residents in the whole of southeast amount to paltry 10m. Una don japa finish come your master's land. Facts don't lie.

poorest region in southern gini?
hehehehehe

https://www.nairaland.com/6143462/forget-propaganda-lies-how-some#94309802

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Can’t Disclose Buhari’s Health Status – Osinbajo / Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria / Ajimobi Buried In Ibadan Amid Tight Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.