Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud (2244 Views)

Mmesoma Joy is a fraud, faked results - JAMB / Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2020
ASUU has become a law unto themselves. Greedy lots. They are all about more money, money for themselves. They care not about Nigerian students. The problems facing our universities are partly caused by lecturers themselves. ASUU members run the universities, ASUU members teach and produce poor graduates, etc.

The major failings of ASUU are summarized below:

ASUU has failed to hold its lecturers to high teaching standard, which uses classroom exercises and case studies to impart knowledge, as done abroad. All ASUU knows is money.

ASUU has failed to speak up on sexual harassment by its members in our universities. All ASUU knows is more money.

ASUU has failed to speak up about the lack of scholarships for deserving students in Nigerian universities. Big Brother Nigeria winner earned millions for a silly show, while educated folks languish. ASUU has been silent about the lack of federal support for bright students. All ASUU knows is themselves.

ASUU members were useless in finding a cure for Covid-19. Professors around the world independently led reaearch into possible vaccines and cure for Coronavirus. Oxford, Imperial College profs, without much noise, commenced research but our profs only think of more salary. This is not about the lack of laboratories; even if there were labs, our profs are useless in solving problems for society.

ASUU has failed to hold universities to account for the billions of naira earned from foundation programmes, post graduate fees, post utme fees, etc. Many infrastructural or research projects can be funded by the universities own internally generated fund.

ASUU has not made members discipline a core part of its mandate. Lecturers act like gods, do what they like and fail students at will. Some do not come to class and some dont teach well. ASUU can help by taking a look at the conduct of its members. But No, ASUU doesn't do that. It is all govts fault.

ASUU's demands are all about salary. More money. Less about research works, research facilities and equipment, commercialization of successful innovations, govt support for Nigerian research innovations. ASUU ought to be fighting for the latter issues, not salary, ippis and rubbish.

As for IPPIS, the FG reserves the right to enrol its employees onto any system it deems fit. ASUU or employees cannot dictate to an employer how to manage its pay system. ASUU's position on IPPIS insults the sensibilities of educated Nigerians and in fact, they are pushing their luck too far.

However, I urge the FG to consider a slight increase in the salary of lecturers. The exact amount it for the govt to decide, but a slight increase is necessary. And an increase in allocation to universities. Education deserves more funding as resources may permit.... but ASUU is all about themselves. Greedy lots.

I also urge the FG to equip our universities and provide reaearch grants for researchers. And finally support Nigerian innovations with testing opportunities and commercialization channels.

As for ASUU, their members are partly responsible for the rot in Nigerian universities and ASUU would do well to hold their members to account for the issues raised above. The FG and the NUC cannot do everything. ASUU should stop being greedy and silly. They are employees of the FG, not a law unto themselves. They cannot dictate or force upwards their salaries nor their pay system. Calm reasonable discussion would do. Not strikes that serves no one any good. But the FG must implement agreements.

Failure by ASUU to behave, the FG and the National Assembly should consider legal dismantling of the union. Nigeria is greater than a union of greedy semi-literate dummies.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Madibah(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2020
Nice write up
Good reasoning
But both assu and FG are deaf
So no need for ranting

6 Likes

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Uzomacharles: 11:03am On Oct 08, 2020
Even our government is too greedy....
imagine there salaries compared to Lecturers own
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2020
Uzomacharles:
Even our government is too greedy....

imagine there salaries compared to Lecturers own

Political office holders earn more, everywhere. I support an increase for our lecturers, but ASUU has become a fraud.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2020
Madibah:
Nice write up
Good reasoning
But both assu and FG are deaf
So no need for ranting

Lol
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Uzomacharles: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Political office holders earn more, everywhere. I support an increase for our lecturers, but ASUU has become a fraud.

Who be the ASUU?
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Who be the ASUU?

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Comments ...
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by GallantDuke(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Both the FG and ASUU are useless to the Nigerian students

FG is insensitive to the plight of the Nigerian students while the ASUU is an association of greedy and selfish men
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by mydadsboy(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
smiley
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
GallantDuke:
Both the FG and ASUU are useless to the Nigerian students

FG is insensitive to the plight of the Nigerian students while the ASUU is an association of greedy and selfish men

Noted
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
mydadsboy:
smiley

What are your thoughts?
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
Comments o
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Omotayo7(m): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
They are useless to student plights ...all they know is money
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Smh
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by faramade16062: 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
: What are your feelings?
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Buddy0: 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nice write-up.... but don't blame ASUU or the govt alone, we the students are also useless. We are getting what we deserve.
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Pancakeey(f): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fine we can hold ASUU by all these but then. The FG are also at fault.

How do you expect ASUU to keep collecting the same salary they’ve been receiving since 2009??

The FG is also very greedy and that’s the more reason ASUU is adamant to call off the strike.

Both parties are to blame.

3 Likes

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Babtunz: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
So it's just dawning on you?
ASUU has been unfortunate since inception.
600 years for them all
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by manuel4real(m): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
Buddy0:
Nice write-up.... but don't blame ASUU or the govt alone, we the students are also useless. We are getting what we deserve.
na only you useless undecided
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Babtunz:
So it's just dawning on you?

ASUU has been unfortunate since inception.

600 years for them all

Noted
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Buddy0: 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
manuel4real:
na only you useless undecided

When we call for peaceful protest across the country, how many students came out. Mtswww you are all bunch of useless, no wonder nobody take us serious anymore. For your entire life don't quote me again.

1 Like

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by osamz007: 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
they collect peanuts and you expect them to be happy?
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
osamz007:
they collect peanuts and you expect them to be happy?

How much is peanuts?
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
It's a fact that we have very greedy people in government who care less about the agony of students and the needs of education in the country....

But the truth is that some ASUU members should shut up about having passion for their jobs ...they don't care at all....infact it is obvious that ASUU as an association is only made to discuss money,money and more money....never will they ever speak about the needs of student, only on how they can be paid to continue their notorious roles as sadist lecturers....what stupid effort do they even put into lecturing......this so called University staffs are experts in making learning hell on Earth for students......what value are they really adding ...honestly most lectures don't even deserves to be paid for the way they have destroyed and ruined the lives of students by their wickedness,acedemic corruption and sexual attrocities....of course there are a select few lecturers who are different and I pray that God will locate them and bless them....but to the multitude of lecturers who know themselves that they are not adding value to students but yet open their mouths to demand increase in salary knowing fully well that it's costing students there education...God alone will Judge you all in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by FieldMarshall06(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Chidorx60:
It's a fact that we have very greedy people in government who care less about the agony of students and the needs of education in the country....

But the truth is that some ASUU members should shut up about having passion for their jobs ...they don't care at all....infact it is obvious that ASUU as an association is only made to discuss money,money and more money....never will they ever speak about the needs of student, only on how they can be paid to continue their notorious roles as sadist lecturers....what stupid effort do they even put into lecturing......this so called University staffs are experts in making learning hell on Earth for students......what value are they really adding ...honestly most lectures don't even deserves to be paid for the way they have destroyed and ruined the lives of students by their wickedness,acedemic corruption and sexual attrocities....of course there are a select few lecturers who are different and I pray that God will locate them and bless them....but to the multitude of lecturers who know themselves that they are not adding value to students but yet open their mouths to demand increase in salary knowing fully well that it's costing students there education...God alone will Judge you all in Jesus name.

Nice one.
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Evect(m): 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
undecided
Na now wey you sabi
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by manuel4real(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Buddy0:

When we call for peaceful protest across the country, how many students came out. Mtswww you are all bunch of useless, no wonder nobody take us serious anymore. For your entire life don't quote me again.
I still reiterate that you're the useless one here, how does not coming out for your supposed protest make nigerian student useless?

Did you ask how many people knew of the protest or you just sat your ass down in your house to declare a protest.

Just so you know NL is not your father's house so I can quote you as long as I like.
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by exynos(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
ASUU's penchant for incessant strikes is so appalling.

FG should dissolve the Union ASAP or probably get Ogunyemi arrested

1 Like

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Buddy0: 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
manuel4real:
I still reiterate that you're the useless one here, how does not coming out for your supposed protest make nigerian student useless?

Did you ask how many people knew of the protest or you just sat your ass down in your house to declare a protest.

Just so you know NL is not your father's house so I can quote you as long as I like.

If you say you didn't know about the protest held two months ago you are lying... Info about the protest were share everywhere across the media even NL front page. I still maintain Nigeria students are useless including YOU, The whole strike is affecting none but the students, ASUU doesn't care if we sit at home till next year and I don't blame them, they are fighting for their rights just as we students fail to. When last did students bombard FG, Ministry of education etc handles on Twitter for the improvement of education sector in Nigeria. But we are busy shouting bbnaija, laycon up and down during the strike. I will still reiterate it, Nigeria students are useless.

There is no year ASUU won't go for strike now, but we are here hoping for things to get better without doing anything about it.

I attend the last protest held in Abuja and everything about it was just disappointing. Till students start to take action we will remain useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Buddy0: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2020
exynos:
ASUU's penchant for incessant strikes is so appalling.

FG should dissolve the Union ASAP or probably get Ogunyemi arrested

Dissolve ASUU ?? Are you ok ??
ASUU is the only body fighting for education right now, even though not wholeheartedly, but still better than none.
Re: Universities Strike: ASUU is a Fraud by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
I doubt you understand how the University works or why they are striking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

O.a.u Predegree / What Time Of Day Is 12AM. Is It Midnight Or Midday ? / Wild Jubilation Across Nigeria As Buhari Finally Scrapped HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.