Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,878 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement (54052 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala’s Rival, Yoo Myung-Hee To Withdraw From WTO DG Race / Okonjo-Iweala Vs Yoo Myung-Hee: WTO Leadership Down To The Final 2 Candidates / Unresolved Issues Delay Formal Announcement Of Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement by joyandfaith: 7:13am On Oct 09, 2020
ForestHill:
China is behind the Asian nominee; too many politics to this position. Okonjo might not win.

China and South Korea are not friends!! both candidates have backing of US and European Union
Re: WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement by olayinkajnr(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2020
winterfell007:

Please stop taking this igbo online tribalist on nairaland too seriously . They're completely worthless even to their fellow kinsman. These set of idiots don't represent us.

Thank you bro. Sadly, they've been allowed to display their bigotry anyhow they deem fit on NL.

I know and have lots of Igbo friends (some we grew up together and some as neighbors) so I can relate with how good Igbos are. It's normal to have a few bad eggs amongst all tribes. I just hope that one day, just one day, this tribal sentiments will stop and we all can embrace each other.
Re: WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement by pacespot(m): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2020
I see okonjo iweala winning this one, if she won't win it, she wouldn't have made it this far. Her resume is more credible for the job. Imagine, Nigerian minister of finance and managing director of world bank.

But why are they referring to her as Nigerian-American. Isn't she a full blooded Nigerian born in Nigeria?
Re: WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement by fergie001: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2020
pacespot:
I see okonjo iweala winning this one, if she won't win it, she wouldn't have made it this far. Her resume is more credible for the job. Imagine, Nigerian minister of finance and managing director of world bank.

But why are they referring to her as Nigerian-American. Isn't she a full blooded Nigerian born in Nigeria?
She holds a dual passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Leave My Dad Alone - MC Oluomo's Son, King West Tells P'Square / Mohammed Wali Is Acting Chairman Of INEC, As Jega Leaves / Sadiat Erogbogbo's 90th Birthday Zoom Party: Abike Dabiri's Mum Marks Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.