Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges (16412 Views)

Court Dismisses Case Against CBN’s Directives On Bank Charges / Breaking!!! #endsars : Senate Directs Nigerian Police To Protect Protesters / Senate Directs FG To Construct Public Toilets Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by karnap(m): 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
what is the difference,they should first investigate themselves, have you seen that over 294 billion naira is for Nass
and 39bilion for Nigerian health walfare? undecided
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by 6Milk(m): 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
after over 8 years
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Ijaya123: 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
longetivity:
most especially GT and Access bank

Please don't put Gtb and Access in the same category again. Accessbank no get competion for that side. Bunch of fraudsters.

Stopped funding the account and since then, I've been happier for it.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by leochidex(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
Mostly first bank, they charge without notice to the customer charged from his or her account. Or why such deduction was made.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by daviesmania(m): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
It never occurred to me that bank charges could be harmful until I was charged 8000 by FCMB...
I nearly ran mad.... Smh
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by zedman1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
'I wonder' still de catch me since Diamond turn to Access. Access bank's charges are outrageous.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Perozxy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Access bank is the worse culprit when it comes to this. They will even charge you for entering the banking hall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
E too much ooo. It's like the Banks now rob customers.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by chukwuibuipob: 2:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Thingsmustchang:

I have not for once involve myself in dat. I was born nd brought up in de north, am from South east, I have got so many friends from south west.
reach out to Ur friends to assist u,May God send Ur helper to u.So sorry
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by iamimohtal(m): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
Uba .... wickedness defined
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by kelvinslim(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
yes,let them make a proper investigation of this banks angry
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by sammirano: 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
[quote author=Sonnobax15 post=94732409] undecided. Good.... very good....
fear no go fit make person leave small change for him bank account again via say if you venture try am,na your money nai bank manager go take dey drink beer every day all in the name of bank charges
eco bank na just worst.....no difference between that bank and normal daily collector[/quote

Lolz
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Steveroyal: 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
Right now my gt account is on minus 4700. After sending 4000 from other bank account to gt on Saturday. Everything was removed and it's on minus. I can't imagine this without getting a loan.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by backnbeta(f): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2020
Healthybiz:

[b]This is for stamp duty charged by the FGN
...which the same FGN directed the banks to pay and not the customers undecided

BTW, First Bank seem to be getting bolder with their stealing! They deduct small amounts you may not notice after almost every transaction!
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by folu4real(f): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
longetivity:

Yes oo especially that GTBank hennnn.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by nolywe(m): 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
first bank is even 1200 for new atm card
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by nolywe(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
backnbeta:

...which the same FGN directed the banks to pay and not the customers undecided

BTW, First Bank seem to be getting bolder with their stealing! They deduct small amounts you may not notice after almost every transaction!
Their deduction is always at midnight...
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Nitah1: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
longetivity:
My brother,Gtbank is not a bank but a real yahoo yahoo,sometimes i will just see three hundred,six hundred and their customer care line is not toll free,if you go to any branch close to you that's when life go taya you...

I can't wait to abandon that bank asap.

1 Like

Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by chichima67791: 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
after over 8 decades
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by kestine(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Right now... I don't receive SMS alert both credit and debit only through email..since last year.. The only money I have paid for is this stupid stamp fee... Other than that my money is intact... Uba bank
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Chuksgeo: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
GT Bank is gradually becoming notorious of this kind of hidden charges

1 Like

Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by nedzuby: 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
AlphaMajestic:
we are finished in this country...no law to regulate and checkmate all these firms, everybody is doing what they like to the masses and nobdy is holding anybody accountable...

mtn na d worst of them all...
nepa with thier crazy bill...
its so unfortunate that Nigeria has no hope...

we have to stop all this suffering and smiling mentality and start taking shlt serious

It's funny how we are quick to screen no hope for Nigeria when things go wrong.

In life you will face challenges and tge main purpose of life is to find your way out of this challenge s.

If you have prepaid metre the issue of crazy bill will stop. If MTN messes up change your network and also it's not all banks that charge crazily. I have 5 bank account and if the banks don't charge me for transferring to other bank so I stick to the bank. The Bank is StanChart and you can open your account from the comfort of your home
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by baumolina(m): 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
They should focus thier energy on other important national issues.

Infact, I will appreciate if they can investigate the way data disappear fraudulently.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Dee60: 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
kettle is calling pot black.

house, remove the spec in your own eyes

your excess salary is a million times worse than the peanuts the banks are charging

reduce your salaries and then the banks too will reduce their charges
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Cmeo(m): 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
Senate should not distract us with this news that affect the few population. Instead, they should work on reducing their allowances and should take eyes off zonal/constituency projects money and allow competent contractors to handle developmental projects for the populace's benefit instead of pocketing a large chunk of the money for their self benefit.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by mrmachine: 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
longetivity:

GTB is still fair but Access bank is a roque.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Chirowman(m): 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
The way this banks deduct enough money from my account as sms charges not to talk of other charges .we are in a deep mess in Nigeria and as a Nigerian , from police brutality , extortion to bank overcharges .most bank is 10k their ATM dispenses which is pay as you withdraw #35 per transactions. We are suffering and smiling in this country ,they world should pity us in trying to survive elsewhere . everywhere is red , Even our president has given up because he doesn't know where to fight corruption.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Coolx: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
lol
Ever since I get to know About Standard Chartered Bank And Kuda Bank my life have never been dsame
no bank charges, no sms charges and free atm card
I don dump my First Bank since
all Nigerian Bank are thieves
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
AlphaMajestic:
we are finished in this country...no law to regulate and checkmate all these firms, everybody is doing what they like to the masses and nobdy is holding anybody accountable...

mtn na d worst of them all...
nepa with thier crazy bill...
its so unfortunate that Nigeria has no hope...

we have to stop all this suffering and smiling mentality and start taking shlt serious

Using MTN seems like financial suicide..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kidnapped Niger Students: Settle Your Mercenaries – PDP To Buhari, APC / Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity / No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.