Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges (16438 Views)

Court Dismisses Case Against CBN’s Directives On Bank Charges / Breaking!!! #endsars : Senate Directs Nigerian Police To Protect Protesters / Senate Directs FG To Construct Public Toilets Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by BigMamaNaija: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good 'investigation'..

When are we investigating the excessive resources going into the Senate and House of Reps? That will liberate us faster and better than the meagre sums banks are taking to keep their business afloat in our horrible economy.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dlewisi:
If these outrageous deduction/charges can be curbed, it will be a victory for the masses... Its just too much.

What i go through in the hands of Firstbank, my mouth no fit talk am!!

Yes, First bank is the worst.

I can't even load credit from my first bank account to my MTN line.

I could request N200 card and get debited N355.

I will just become tired. Who do I complain to ? Is it First Bank or MTN ? Because they know you will waste time running around complaining about N155. They keep doing it.

Once I requested N100 card, they debited me for N250.

I have suffered this several times. I just stopped loading call cards from my bank account.

Aside many other First Bank charges unaccounted for.

1 Like

Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Pascalobi(m): 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
I strongly feels this country should be recolonized either by German or France
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by ItrendNaija(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
This is long overdue. Execessive bank charges are frustrating Small businesses that still use their personal account for their business. If you have a business and still use your personal account, you can open a buisiness account with FCMB from the comfort of your home without stepping foot in a banking hall. Just follow the link on my signature below to get started
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by jago2016(m): 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
God bless you for speaking for the masses.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Frontdude(m): 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Healthybiz:
smileySuppoorted. Knew a customer who stopped sms alert after filling the form in one of d new gen banks so as reduce these charges, he only uses the free email alerts

This is for stamp duty charged by the FGN
Na wa o, which one be stamp duty again,
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by goldtube(m): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
Access bank right now

1 Like

Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by odaniel1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
This same Abba morro that was Minister of Interior that year making so many lose their lives during that recruitment exercise. memories!
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by brainhgeek(m): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
Slymonster:

Access bank that will charge you to send money to the same access bank. You acquired a diamond bank and change the name to access, they still charge to send there.
It's like they purposely gave the 1billion just to shut the mouth of FG when they start swindling their customers
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Dintahdialah(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
In the month of September 2020 on the 30th percay
I was debited the sum of #2400 when I demanded to know the cause I was boldly informed via WhatsApp that I had the total inflow of 2.4milliom whereby I was debited for account maintenance charges. Despite all the different charges place on my account. Maintenance charges for SMS, and all of that.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by HRprof: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
My bank charge me 12k on deposite that came into my business account and thrown my account into debit balance when I saw that I called my account officer attend she explained it was COT charges , this happen during lockdown and since then I haven't deposited any money to the said account untill last week I got a notification of additional 20k making it 32k debit balance, quickly write my bank for explanation they responded that the additional charges is interest on loan on my account that I should reach my account officer. I quickly called my account officer again to explain she said since my account is on debit balance it mean I'm on loan and it generate interest. I was mad at her how can I pay interest on the bank charge that thrown my account into debit balance. Now i have given bank 7 day to remove that additional charges otherwise i report to CBN.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by bjtinz: 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
Well, if that's what it takes to enjoy seamless service, then I don't mind.

I bank with GTB and though their charges are much, I enjoy thier services, especially their online platforms.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Earnonline7: 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ok
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
That's the reason I only bank with FCMB. With FCMB Business Account Online you don't have to pay any extra charges for Account Maintenance. You also enjoy limitless transactions with a business account. Click link below to open an account.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Zeuslord(m): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Sonnobax15:
undecided. Good.... very good....
fear no go fit make person leave small change for him bank account again via say if you venture try am,na your money nai bank manager go take dey drink beer every day all in the name of bank charges
eco bank na just worst.....no difference between that bank and normal daily collector
bros they have really dealt with me.
I ran away from firstbank thinking they were bad ooo, but Ecobank worst!!!!!
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by kayalcomp: 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Especially Access Bank . I have dash that bank my Account information make they chop am, after they don debit me finish tired. that bank needs probing by CBN or EFCC.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by dammyagboola(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
Why are they doing this to the masses. Banks are deducting our money anyhow. In the name of stamp duty and the like.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by WizzyVine: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, I have stopped using these conventional banks because of this inconsiderate charges!

Do they charge? Yes!
Are the charges inconsiderate? Yes!

I actually wonder what these men are still investigating¿

Due process¿ undecided

Abeg, make I follow you.

Which financial institution are you now using?
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by BlessedNiel: 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
longetivity:
most especially GT and Access bank

Try UBA
They are the baddest
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by BlessedNiel: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
When they do it, it is right
When others do it, it becomes a crime
Bloody hypocrites
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Harold4lyf(m): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
Omoslim26:
kk

Make dem help me beg Access bank

they are milking me with a giant straw
Brooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin those guys wan kill me to ooooooo
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by intruder15(m): 12:43am On Oct 09, 2020
ijustdey:

https://dailynigerian.com/senate-directs-investigation-into-alleged-excessive-bank-charges/

Las las I give up on Nigerian senate. Is it that the senate is not aware of the downward adjustments in the rates? Atm withdrawal charge that is no longer #65 but now #35.

CBN that implemented reduction in transfer charge in a way it's lesser for lower amount and 52.50 for amounts above 50k. The charges were reviewed early this year. Nairalanders are there saying their own. I give up on this country.

SMS charge is #4 per SMS which is the usual for normal text. If u don't like the charges, why not use Paga for your transactions?

It's well o.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Jostoman: 4:07am On Oct 09, 2020
NoshakingGod:
So it's
and that Stanbic bank.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by themanderon: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2020
They are all rogues. More like a legalized ponzi scheme. Access charges me for using first bank ATM right from the first transaction instead of the third. I miss the days of sanusi as CBN governor. He drastically reduced the theft of these banks, stopped ATM charges for interbank withdrawals and sanitized the system. Emefiele returned them all because he is part of the system that thrives on pilfering from the masses.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by komols856: 10:33am On Oct 09, 2020
most especially zenith bank and union bank. zenith bank recently charge me for quarterly master fee. i asked them what it means, but they are unable to answer me up till today. Nonsense. even sms charges should be stopped entirely. we can always use our mobile app and email to receive notification.
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by ican2020: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2020
I just got another debit chager for account maintenance from Access, they had succeeded in reducing the balance to 495 Naira.

Whenever I get close to any of their branch next week, I will withdraw 450
Re: Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges by Makschinchin: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlphaMajestic:
we are finished in this country...no law to regulate and checkmate all these firms, everybody is doing what they like to the masses and nobdy is holding anybody accountable...

mtn na d worst of them all...
nepa with thier crazy bill...
its so unfortunate that Nigeria has no hope...

we have to stop all this suffering and smiling mentality and start taking shlt serious

It's so unfortunate that the govt can't do anything about it because these firms pay their "taxes" to the govt, so the govt can't say 'pim' against the charges...
*****†*****†********†

Get clean USA grade one laptops here!!

https://www.nairaland.com/6174715/usa-grade-1-laptops-sale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeleke University Awards Tinubu Honorary Doctorate Degree / Oby Ezekwesili Celebrates Her 53rd Birthday Today With Throwback Photos / Fayose Awards N59m Contract To Carpenters, Welders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.