Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Drifting At 240km/h - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drifting At 240km/h (3306 Views)

Check Out Abuja 2021 Drifting Meet Up. Mad Oh. / Watch 90secs Of Amazing Drifting By Hollywood Stunt Drivers With 5 BMW M235i's / BMW Claims World's Longest Car Drift In 8hours, Refuel While Drifting(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by mejai(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2022
kingreign:

You don drink that ogogoro finish that's why you dey misyarn
Na new year we dey abeg grin

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by Cokahot: 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
Na why cars from dubai dey always get issues

2 Likes

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by Cokahot: 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2022
Be like say the alternator fry as the lexus eS 350 yahoo boy car ac stopped working and they were feeling hot. Drifting on auto. All dubai cars have been abused esp auto

2 Likes

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by udemzyudex(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
buygala:
Funny how the camera seems to always shy away from the speedometer when they start drifting...

Any idiot can can keep a car straight at 240km/hr on a desert highway with dry wide lanes, little or no traffic, no road side gulleys to fall into, and sand embankments to mitigate any off-road skid

Besides, to drift in that manner, they will have to tap the brakes and keep the tyres on a swerve..swerving means more tyre friction with the road...and friction is an enemy of acceleration.which means the swerving is already slowing down the vehicle before braking is even applied..

They will also have to take their foot off the accelerator while braking for the drift...and cars decelerate very fast when brakes are applied at such high speeds..in fact it has been proven that the higher the speed at which a vehicle is moving, the more sensitive its braking system.... . especially when the braking applied is sufficient to put the vehicle into a drift.... before that car does 3 seconds in the drift, speed will likely be far below 100km/hr

Someone should post a drift with the speedometer clearly showing above 170 at the time of drift...then I can take these towelheads seriously smiley

There were drifts of course...but definitely not at 180km/hr

Go back and watch the video again,this time pay attention to the speedometer while the driver is drifting.
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

240 Kini? Like Tyrion Said "I very much love living".

Common 180kph, my soul has warned me not to play with that speed, is it now 240? Mi Ole Se!
lazy Nigerian youth yet you'll be shouting hard guy hard guy undecided
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2022
This video should state DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. shocked
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by Dtruthspeaker: 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
lazy Nigerian youth yet you'll be shouting hard guy hard guy undecided

Master killer, kill yourself! Son of evil. Your plan no work. Accident, Maiming and Death is your portion this and every year till you die!

Even your carcass will still suffer accident one more time before it is buried.

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by buygala(m): 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
udemzyudex:

Go back and watch the video again,this time pay attention to the speedometer while the driver is drifting.

I don watch am

Screenshot the part I missed Sir
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by udemzyudex(m): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2022
buygala:

I don watch am

Screenshot the part I missed Sir

My phone no dey do that one.

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by Inception(m): 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2022
buygala:
Funny how the camera seems to always shy away from the speedometer when they start drifting...

Any idiot can can keep a car straight at 240km/hr on a desert highway with dry wide lanes, little or no traffic, no road side gulleys to fall into, and sand embankments to mitigate any off-road skid

Besides, to drift in that manner, they will have to tap the brakes and keep the tyres on a swerve..swerving means more tyre friction with the road...and friction is an enemy of acceleration.which means the swerving is already slowing down the vehicle before braking is even applied..

They will also have to take their foot off the accelerator while braking for the drift...and cars decelerate very fast when brakes are applied at such high speeds..in fact it has been proven that the higher the speed at which a vehicle is moving, the more sensitive its braking system.... . especially when the braking applied is sufficient to put the vehicle into a drift.... before that car does 3 seconds in the drift, speed will likely be far below 100km/hr

Someone should post a drift with the speedometer clearly showing above 170 at the time of drift...then I can take these towelheads seriously smiley

Dude,

the driver was basically powersliding.

It is very difficult to drift a front heavy FWD car

HE needs to get to that speed for the effect to be more exhilarating and predictable.

2 Likes

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Master killer, kill yourself! Son of evil. Your plan no work. Accident, Maiming and Death is your portion this and every year till you die!

Even your carcass will still suffer accident one more time before it is buried.
I was just joking, I'm sorry you took it wrongly but I meant no harm. You're blessed in Jesus name sir

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by olumzzz(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
buygala:

How person go just sidon dey type nonsense.
It really baffles me.
I know say no be ordinary eyes sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by buygala(m): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
olumzzz:

How person go just sidon dey type nonsense.
It really baffles me.
I know say no be ordinary eyes sha

Screenshot where there was a drift at 180km/hr or shut up

In fact screenshot where the speedometer was visible during the drift or Thunder will fire you

Doing 240 on a straight line doesn't equate drifting at that speed

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by buygala(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
Inception:

Dude,

the driver was basically powersliding.

It is very difficult to drift a front heavy FWD car

HE needs to get to that speed for the effect to be more exhilarating and predictable.

Whatever it was, , there was no 240km/hr drift as alleged by op
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by olumzzz(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
buygala:

In fact screenshot where the speedometer was visible during the drift or Thunder will fire you

Sorry for replying you.
Go and craze in peace.
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by banky3w(m): 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
buygala:

Please do what your name suggests and go buy gala with coke so you can be calming down.
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by nurey(m): 1:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
buygala:

There was no drifting at 240 stable speed, the driver got to 240km/h then power slide (drifting) the vehicle which is evident through the dashboard and windscreen showing movement of the white line lane divider and other parked cars and people by the left hand side.

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by 9icetoo(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2022
nurey:

There was no drifting at 240 stable speed, the driver got to 240km/h then power slide (drifting) the vehicle which is evident through the dashboard and windscreen showing movement of the white line lane divider and other parked cars and people by the left hand side.
Hmmmm. How did they even get a Toyota up to 240km/hr. I thought it doesn't have balance and flies off the road at speeds above 120km/hr. Was it tuned by nurburing people? I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by nurey(m): 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
9icetoo:

Hmmmm. How did they even get a Toyota up to 240km/hr. I thought it doesn't have balance and flies off the road at speeds above 120km/hr. Was it tuned by nurburing people? I don't understand.

What I deduce was they loaded the vehicle with passengers to make it heavier, it's a sedan with low ground clearance, getting to 240 isn't an issue 270hp, 3.5L V6 with enough stretch of free road is enough to get any vehicle to its top speed.

Then liver by driver and occupants shikena grin

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by 9icetoo(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2022
nurey:

What I deduce was they loaded the vehicle with passengers to make it heavier, it's a sedan with low ground clearance, getting to 240 isn't an issue 270hp, 3.5L V6 with enough stretch of free road is enough to get any vehicle to its top speed.

Then liver by driver and occupants shikena grin
And loaded the trunk with cement and sand abi? It's alright. Anyway, I am still waiting for a video of a flying Toyota. Wonder why Cessna and Boeing haven't thought about that yet.

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by nurey(m): 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
9icetoo:

And loaded the trunk with cement and sand abi? It's alright. Anyway, I am still waiting for a video of a flying Toyota. Wonder why Cessna and Boeing haven't thought about that yet.

Yes you are right and they loaded the engine bay with concrete blocks.

At extreme speed any vehicle becomes lighter and prone to paper wind theory not only Toyota

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by 9icetoo(m): 12:44am On Jan 09, 2022
nurey:

Yes you are right and they loaded the engine bay with concrete blocks.

At extreme speed any vehicle becomes lighter and prone to paper wind theory not only Toyota
Can they fit more adults. That car takes five adults. I counted only three.

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by nurey(m): 6:31am On Jan 09, 2022
9icetoo:

Can they fit more adults. That car takes five adults. I counted only three.

From what I saw in the opening video there are two back passengers evident from their position of window shouting and one passenger in front. Their could be five passengers in all.

From the internal video we can only see, driver, the front passenger and the back camera man.

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by 9icetoo(m): 10:42am On Jan 09, 2022
nurey:

From what I saw in the opening video there are two back passengers evident from their position of window shouting and one passenger in front. Their could be five passengers in all.

From the internal video we can only see, driver, the front passenger and the back camera man.
They should redo the video with 5 adults and possibly lap someone to give it extra weight. Then redo the video. I want to confirm something.

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by nurey(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2022
9icetoo:

They should redo the video with 5 adults and possibly lap someone to give it extra weight. Then redo the video. I want to confirm something.

You can do your own Nigerian version

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by olumzzz(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
nurey:

On your benin-ore highway abi

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by Kirkman: 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
9icetoo:

I shouted it here with megaphone that those suspensions were tuned. And kingreign was busy striking out my posts instead of making meaningful contributions to the thread.
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by kingreign(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Kirkman:

I shouted it here with megaphone that those suspensions were tuned. And kingreign was busy striking out my posts instead of making meaningful contributions to the thread.

He's being sarcastic and you fell for it face flat...

2 Likes

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by 9icetoo(m): 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2022
nurey:

I need a donor car. I don't have an es350. You will be in front with me to record the video alaye. Who we go out for back? We don't need cement. We fit pack all those rocks wey police dey use block road.

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by 9icetoo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
Kirkman:

You are not a demeanour.
Re: Drifting At 240km/h by 9icetoo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
kingreign:

He's being sarcastic and you fell for it face flat...
If you don Gerrit, fogerrabourit. wink

1 Like

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by Kirkman: 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
9icetoo:

You are not a demeanour.
Never have been one and will never be one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. / Which Car Sticker Or Emblem In Nigeria Is The Most Powerful? / Dealing With Dashboard Light Issues On Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.