Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,064 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Drifting At 240km/h - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drifting At 240km/h (3315 Views)

Check Out Abuja 2021 Drifting Meet Up. Mad Oh. / Watch 90secs Of Amazing Drifting By Hollywood Stunt Drivers With 5 BMW M235i's / BMW Claims World's Longest Car Drift In 8hours, Refuel While Drifting(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Drifting At 240km/h by olenyi: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
buygala:
Funny how the camera seems to always shy away from the speedometer when they start drifting...

Any idiot can can keep a car straight at 240km/hr on a desert highway with dry wide lanes, little or no traffic, no road side gulleys to fall into, and sand embankments to mitigate any off-road skid

Besides, to drift in that manner, they will have to tap the brakes and keep the tyres on a swerve..swerving means more tyre friction with the road...and friction is an enemy of acceleration.which means the swerving is already slowing down the vehicle before braking is even applied..

They will also have to take their foot off the accelerator while braking for the drift...and cars decelerate very fast when brakes are applied at such high speeds..in fact it has been proven that the higher the speed at which a vehicle is moving, the more sensitive its braking system.... . especially when the braking applied is sufficient to put the vehicle into a drift.... before that car does 3 seconds in the drift, speed will likely be far below 100km/hr

Someone should post a drift with the speedometer clearly showing above 170 at the time of drift...then I can take these towelheads seriously smiley

There were drifts of course...but definitely not at 180km/hr

Kindly zoom in and tell me what you see on the speedometer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? / Reverse Camera On 2006-2007 Honda Accord With Navigation / Volvo S40/V40 Or Nissan Tiida? Which Of The Two Is A Good Choice For Bolt/uber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.