Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

#EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP (25359 Views)

Reno Omokri Picks Holes In Governor Wike’s Media Chat, Lists 10 Fallacies / Abba Kyari Suspended By IGP Baba Usman / Presidency Lists 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Rising Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Wasky101: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Mikecold:
Oga nothing like reform would work in this buhari adminstration.

Let them completely disband that unit first then create a new unit specifically for fighting criminals where the sole function and modus operandi is defined.

If they don't they would keep clashing it purposely

The idea is to take them off Yahoo boys, (because therein lies the issue of them interpreting Yahoo boys on their perceived terms like dressing, gadgets etc).

On this new unit they have the right to ransack houses of potential suspect in search of guns, cultism not laptop, iPhones that wasn't even stolen.

On this new unit you won't find killing of youths, extortion, wrong accessment because alot of these persons aren't criminals to start with

Yahoo boys are the responsibilities of EFCC,
You talk like u are not a Nigerian, first Nigerias problem is not our leaders but We Nigerians. Give a Nigerian small power and see how he will misuse it,
Creating another one u said and who are going to be the officers in charge
Ordinary security for post covid era in banks behaves like demi gods.
Creating another unit without a holistic reform of the entire police dept is just moving around in circles.
SARS like the new one u are advocating for was specifically created to fight criminals but it ended up like this why will another unit work.
But I get u Buhari needs to take the blame for everything, including rogue officers.
It is well
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Princedapace(m): 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
Mikecold:
if you ban sars now, then create a fresh agency where it's functions are defined specifically for criminals it was intended for.

Cybercriminals are not their concern but efcc own that is where the problem is coming from.

They have added cybercriminals to their job description and as such can size anybody up to their screwed assessment without a warrant, formal report or evidence.

They won't have a problem if their job is defined like it was before.

If you don't ban the terminology called sars they would keep clashing it up just because of extortion

Listen to ur self again bro.. This time, calm down.

SARS was designed for armed robbery. No one added cybercrime to them. They added it by them selves. So, when u ban sars and create a new name, and still have Nigerian men and women inside the new name, they will still go after the areas that bring them more money! That is the simple truth. Except maybe u want to recruit non Nigerians.

And even if u create a new unit, who are the people that will work there? Majority of them will still be sars men. It is like expecting a PDP member to change becus he moved to APC or expecting APC to change becus the person moved to pdp.

It is like PDP changing her name to something else while as the members are still the same people who have been ruling us with no changes grin

Nigerians, majority dont think. The issue of sars: quick fix: they have been banned from road searches and phone searches and all that. That is great!

They have been banned from patrol! That is great! Can u remember when efcc was so rampant picking up boys up and down? People still complained bitterly!
Then allow only efcc and ICPC to handle cyper crime. Funny enough, efcc still make use of police for all these!

The truth of the matter is that Naija matter is complex. We need first ensure that these officers are well paid to enable them reduce bribe instead of paying our politicians who are useless to us with huge allowances, we should take care of our force men. All of them should be well paid and properly equipped.

And lastly, we need to find a way to reduce fraud pls. These days, people even advertise their internet fraud services online, even on this forum. U hear people selling tools used by G boys to scam. Scam has become a way of life accepted by Nigerians. Shame! This matter of sars complex and needs to be fixed from the root. Banning sars completely, and reassign the same officers to another unit will do nothing! The same officers will still be doing what they were doing!

We need to ensure that any security officer including solders who violet the profession should be punished and made public the punishment. That is the way forward.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by GeneralPula: 8:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
guass:
The Nigerians in Nigeria can not make any change in Nigeria.
Those in DIASPORA are the only people who can lobby the International community to confiscate the passports of any travelling politicians from Nigeria including the President, since he has become INSENSITIVE to the unarmed citizens who are being massacred by SARS on daily bases.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Wasky101: 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2020
Princedapace:

SARS was designed for armed robbery. No one added cybercrime to them. They added it by them selves. So, when u ban sars and create a new name, and still have Nigerian men and women inside the new name, they will still go after the areas that bring them more money! That is the simple truth. Except maybe u want to recruit non Nigerians.

And even if u create a new unit, who are the people that will work there? Majority of them will still be sars men. It is like expecting a PDP member to change becus he moved to APC or expecting APC to change becus the person moved to pdp.

It is like PDP changing her name to something else while as the members are still the same people who have been ruling us with no changes grin

Nigerians, majority dont think. The issue of sars: quick fix: they have been banned from road searches and phone searches and all that. That is great!

They have been banned from patrol! That is great! Can u remember when efcc was so rampant picking up boys up and down? People still complained bitterly!
Then allow only efcc and ICPC to handle cyper crime. Funny enough, efcc still make use of police for all these!

The truth of the matter is that Naija matter is complex. We need first ensure that these officers are well paid to enable them reduce bribe instead of paying our politicians who are useless to us with huge allowances, we should take care of our force men. All of them should be well paid and properly equipped.

And lastly, we need to find a way to reduce fraud pls. These days, people even advertise their internet fraud services online, even on this forum. U hear people selling tools used by G boys to scam. Scam has become a way of life accepted by Nigerians. Shame! This matter of sars complex and needs to be fixed from the root. Banning sars completely, and reassign the same officers to another unit will do nothing! The same officers will still be doing what they were doing!

We need to ensure that any security officer including solders who violet the profession should be punished and made public the punishment. That is the way forward.
I tire for all this people, exactly my argument who will be in charge of d new one, I am very sorry to say this but alot of Nigerians are not intelligent and have misplaced priorities that's why we continue moving around in circles.
U wan them to scrap SARS but keep all d officers in the police dept and form another unit with same rogue officers. How can this make any sense to anybody.
I will support a disband the whole police force (if it was possible) over #endsars.
Ok assuming they disband Sars and all officers are back to normal police duties how will that change mentality of a cop that thinks owning an iPhone is a crime
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Princedapace(m): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
Wasky101:

I tire for all this people, exactly my argument who will be in charge of d new one, I am very sorry to say this but alot of Nigerians are not intelligent and have misplaced priorities that's why we continue moving around in circles.
U wan them to scrap SARS but keep all d officers in the police dept and form another unit with same rogue officers. How can this make any sense to anybody.
I will support a disband the whole police force (if it was possible) over #endsars.
Ok assuming they disband Sars and all officers are back to normal police duties how will that change mentality of a cop that thinks owning an iPhone is a crime

bro, u said it all, many Nigerians are not intelligent at all. Lol, we move by sentiment a lot. If I be police IG, I will just change the name from SARS to something else.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Princedapace(m): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
tollyboy5:

We have SARS a police unit. Police as been corrupt for years b4 SARS came up. Let SARS return to normal police we are okay with that .
The unit must become history!
You say sack all lecturers but we never said sack all police. Your comparison is still flawed

Ban all ur politicians then becus they have been corrupt since i was in my mother's womb! Nigerians always fighting the wrong fight grin
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by tollyboy5(m): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
Princedapace:

Ban all ur politicians then becus they have been corrupt since i was in my mother's womb! Nigerians always fighting the wrong fight grin
Everyone are making one effort or the other to change even those at the seat of power , you just sit at one corner still talking trash young man.
As a scientist I have no business with politics but I have to join because people must start coming out.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Wasky101: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
tollyboy5:

We have SARS a police unit. Police as been corrupt for years b4 SARS came up. Let SARS return to normal police we are okay with that .
The unit must become history!
You say sack all lecturers but we never said sack all police. Your comparison is still flawed
So u are ok with a sar officers removing his jacket and wearing normal police uniform and then return to the street to commit same atrocities.
Just like u are ok with all police been corrupt.
Wawu what a mind set, I swear our current politicians dey learn work for where our youths dey.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by tollyboy5(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2020
Wasky101:

So u are ok with a sar officers removing his jacket and wearing normal police uniform and then return to the street to commit same atrocities.
Just like u are ok with all police been corrupt.
Wawu what a mind set, I swear our current politicians dey learn work for where our youths dey.
So you don't know the privilege giving to SARS are different from that of police?
That's why its easier for them to kill and go Scot free.
You're the one not properly informed of their difference and privilege
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Princedapace(m): 9:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
tollyboy5:

Everyone are making one effort or the other to change even those at the seat of power , you just sit at one corner still talking trash young man.
As a scientist I have no business with politics but I have to join because people must start coming out.

We need protest against our politicians, against national assembly earning fat salaries, against bad roads, against nepotism, against poor minimum wage, quota system, against unitary federalism as a system of govt.

That is what we need. There are lecturers who sleep with female students by force. That doesnt mean that we dont have good lecturers. There are bad sars officers, it doesnt mean we dont have good ones.

Typical Nigerian doesnt want to obey law but embrace sharp practices. That is why many keep having issues with security men.
Morever, police brutality is even worse in the usa. Pls, we need better things to protest about, like upgrade of our universities and ASUU strike grin

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by amliftedhigher: 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/some-endsars-protesters-are-pseudo-activists-%e2%80%95-frank-mba/amp/
IF the Northern states want SARS then bundle all the SARS men in the South and dash them to the north
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by 1kinggy(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Wasky101: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
tollyboy5:

So you don't know the privilege giving to SARS are different from that of police?
That's why its easier for them to kill and go Scot free.
You're the one not properly informed of their difference and privilege
Lol, off course they have privileges but mobile police dey road dey kill too every day, normal olokpa sef dey do him own, privilege or no privilege all police nah the same mind set them carry.
Wait make dem disband SARS and see if there will be any difference.
If them ban them today highest by Monday dem don enter road with normal police uniform.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Voiceofthestree: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Mikecold:
All this is coming because we can't speak with one voice in this country (maybe cos we aren't victim yet).

This particular narrative that ending sars would increase crime is the narrative that was gifted to the police by some coward youth themselves.

The police is currently fitting excuses so as to come up with a worthless reform on paper like the one given to naira marley

Our myopic youths fail to realize that nothing about Nigeria reform is done moderately, if it is bad it becomes extremely bad.

Tomorrow nobody would be taken serious if they complain again because the so called reform has taken effect

We should realize that this sars issue is a massive killing/control tool of youths in the south, killings and provocation by sars isn't happening in the north which is soaked with banditry, armunition, drugs, and the same cyber crime.

Efcc should be the ones investigating cyber crimes and they do so after "report and evidence".

I don't support hardened criminals, the police should deploy an effective means but must end sars because it can't control it nor restrict it after all the extortion sars have been exposed to.

I can conclude that just like osinbajo gave a weightless reform of sars the last time, it would be the same again because the same victims are clamouring for "sars reform" that would never work

No be lie my brother
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 10, 2020
Princedapace:

I understand you bro, but the killing and harassment of even innocent is more than the solution by Sara(who are not even after solution).

I don't see how this would repeat itself if they are disbanded after this much outrage that has never happened before.

EFCC that i know don't accust in person in the street and extort him/her.

They can't even have guns to kill

If Sars is disbanded that means they would only need police when the are to make a coordinated attack after due diligence not per second billing
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by hillsway(m): 6:51am On Oct 10, 2020
Mikecold:
All this is coming because we can't speak with one voice in this country (maybe cos we aren't victim yet).

This particular narrative that ending sars would increase crime is the narrative that was gifted to the police by some coward youth themselves.

The police is currently fitting excuses so as to come up with a worthless reform on paper like the one given to naira marley

Our myopic youths fail to realize that nothing about Nigeria reform is done moderately, if it is bad it becomes extremely bad.

Tomorrow nobody would be taken serious if they complain again because the so called reform has taken effect

We should realize that this sars issue is a massive killing/control tool of youths in the south, killings and provocation by sars isn't happening in the north which is soaked with banditry, armunition, drugs, and the same cyber crime.

Efcc should be the ones investigating cyber crimes and they do so after "report and evidence".

I don't support hardened criminals, the police should deploy an effective means but must end sars because it can't control it nor restrict it after all the extortion sars have been exposed to.

I can conclude that just like osinbajo gave a weightless reform of sars the last time, it would be the same again because the same victims are clamouring for "sars reform" that would never work
fact!
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by handiriwamadi(m): 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/some-endsars-protesters-are-pseudo-activists-%e2%80%95-frank-mba/amp/
Mba can you tell nigerians how many times you and your IG have reform Sars in the media? Nigerians are not fools. i tell you what, some Nigerian youths are more intelligent than you and your IG.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP by Sami76: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
You have no idea.. The pains Policemen put me, my siblings and old mother through.

#EndPoliceBrutality
#EndSars
#TwitterDown.

I can never forget what I went thru in the hands of Policemen at Alagbon (Homicide Department)..
In May 2018, I was handcuffed, blindfolded dragged out of the cell after 14days into sienna.. and they drove me down from Lagos to Delta state to be precise Aragba Orogun village to exhume my late dad's corpse with the excuse of autopsy report, Meanwhile they have made plan with their fellow Policemen(Cousins) to transfer my late dad's body to a different state, all because of properties..
Thank God the youth's in my village Aragba Orogun did not allow them because the Policemen said the body will never be returned after autopsy(cause of their own Agenda)

The police Brutality on me continued. They still handcuffed, blindfolded me and drove all the way from delta to Benin to detain me in a police cell a for two nights after they which brought me back to Lagos cell at Alagbon.

All this transpired because two Policemen(cousins) had eyes on my late dad's property, So they Alleged Me, My kid sis, My brother and my old mother for ours dad death..
Our late dad died in his own house where neither of us don't live with him but because it's was a caucus report. They took it upon themselves not to do the proper investigation instead took the laws upon themselves to maltreat me, my brother and My Old mother(they took of one of her tooth in the process of beating her.)

When our lawyer filed a case of unlawful detention and infringing on fundamental human right against them..
They quickly filed a case of Murder against us.
Where we detained 2019in kirikiri prison,
Thank God for the judge who granted us bail..
The case is still on in Court.

I am out here to join fellow citizens who have been abused and dehumaned by Nigerian Police to say no to POLICE BRUTALITY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? / Imo Government Comes To Aid Of Abandoned Sick Wife Whose Pics Went Viral / Davido Reacts As Supreme Court Affirms His Uncle, Ademola As Osun Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.