Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim (718 Views)

Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself / My Newly Bought Iphone 6s Plus Has Network Problems, Please Help!!!!! / Lightning Strike Destroyed My Newly Bought Tecno Pouvoir 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by Dockybae(f): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2020
I bought a new mtn Sim card some months ago and the strange thing is different strange numbers have been calling me everyday.

One called me about 2days ago threatening me and warned me to stop picking my husband's call (I am not even married).

Again, I have been receiving messages from Gt bank notifying me of bank transactions I know nothing about.

Just today, a friend called me and asked me why my number is showing a different name on his phone...

I really don't know what to do. I bought this Sim card from a reputable store. I have my sim pack and it was registered in my presence and in my name..

What do I do please? should I even be worried?
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by Donkalio: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2020
Dockybae:
I bought a new mtn Sim card some months ago and the strange thing is different strange numbers have been calling me everyday.

One called me about 2days ago threatening me and warned me to stop picking my husband's call (I am not even married).

Again, I have been receiving messages from Gt bank notifying me of bank transactions I know nothing about.

Just today, a friend called me and asked me why my number is showing a different name on his phone...

I really don't know what to do. I bought this Sim card from a reputable store. I have my sim pack and it was registered in my presence and in my name..

you bought a sim card that some one has used before now, the person had stopped using it, and the network provider retrieve it and sold it out.
if you are not comfortable, you report to the network provider, and buy a new sim.

Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by Donkalio: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2020
Dockybae:

you bought a sim card that some one has used before now, the person had stopped using it, and the network provider retrieve it and sold it out.
if you are not comfortable, you report to the network provider, and buy a new sim.
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by Dockybae(f): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2020
Donkalio:

I have been using the Sim card for some time now. it is like my main line now. I can't just buy another line!
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by Masco2006: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
please I need it can you sell it for me?
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by Kennyflyair: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
I guess the line is am Mtn line. Same thing happened to me. I received a Call from the previous owner telling me that I'm using his line. It's definitely a recycled Number you bought.

If you're not sure of what to do, contact their official twitter page and explain the issue. They probably resolve it or advise you on what to do
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by Mohbola(f): 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
Probably someone has used that number before
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by OwoukoUrua(m): 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
You bought a recycled line ma

If you can't do without the line, just try to explain to the callers. They may understand
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by OwoukoUrua(m): 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
Masco2006:
please I need it can you sell it for me?

sharp guy . . . I dey feel you
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by Dockybae(f): 8:11am On Jan 01
Hi airprinz, I saw your mail notification however I no longer have access to the email I used.
Re: Help! Strange Numbers Calling My Newly Bought Sim by airprinz(m): 11:34am On Jan 01

(1) (Reply)

Redmi Note 7 / Uk Used Iphone Xr 64gb For Sale / Samsung S9 Plus SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.