Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines (1618 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Photos Of Pius Adesanmi That Died In Ethiopian Airlines / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 09, 2020
Hello NL.

I seriously need your advice at this point. I've got many things on my mind to do about this issue, but I seriously need advice from this great community before I start acting.

I helped one of my clients to acquire a full-paid Government scholarship in Taiwan, China. To study for his Masters.
Everything from his Visa, Dormitory fees, quarantine fees and other documentations went well, not until I was to buy his flight ticket.

I decided to buy the ticket early last month so that he will be able to leave on the 5th of this month because his entry permit had 7th.

I decided to book with Ethiopian Airlines because they were the only available airline going to Taiwan from Nigeria.

I booked online and it generated a code I could use to pay, I went to First bank to pay the money. First bank made the payment via Paydirect platform and then I sent the receipt to them.

They said they can't confirm my payment because they don't know which of their accounts is linked to the Paydirect platform First bank paid to.

I went to First bank to complain but First bank was able to track the payment to their Citibank account. I informed Ethiopian airline to check their Citibank account. They did and confirmed the money.

Now the October 5th flight I booked for was removed. They didn't give me any ticket, they don't want to refund my money.

For 3 weeks I've been asking them to reverse the money they keep saying that they're "working on it".

I had to run around for money to book another flight with Turkish Airlines, at an exorbitant price, just for my client to leave on 5th.

I've so, disturbed them on all social media platforms and even spent thousands of naira calling them on phone. They kept telling me they are working on it.

Now they don't pik my calls again.

If I call with strange numbers, they pick. Immediately they hear "it's me Mr, Okoro" they hang up.

Please what do I do now?

If you know any other way I can get this money back, kindly write me a mail because I'm not always online to read comments here. (contact.uncleokoro@gmail.com)
Thanks.

Below are the evidences to back my story.

Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by Kraytur: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
You should have booked online na ... with a third party site like wakanow or kayak and save yourself stress

Kai ......

Btw how can I secure a visa to China just to tour the place .....

And what’s the cheapest it would cost me

And is migration possible ??
Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
Kraytur:
You should have booked online na ... with a third party site like wakanow or kayak and save yourself stress

Kai ......

Btw how can I secure a visa to China just to tour the place .....

And what’s the cheapest it would cost me

And is migration possible ??

Yes, it's possible
Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by STENON(f): 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
UNCLEOKORO:
Hello NL.

I seriously need your advice at this point. I've got many things on my mind to do about this issue, but I seriously need advice from this great community before I start acting.

I helped one of my clients to acquire a full-paid Government scholarship in Taiwan, China. To study for his Masters.
Everything from his Visa, Dormitory fees, quarantine fees and other documentations went well, not until I was to buy his flight ticket.

I decided to buy the ticket early last month so that he will be able to leave on the 5th of this month because his entry permit had 7th.

I decided to book with Ethiopian Airlines because they were the only available airline going to Taiwan from Nigeria.

I booked online and it generated a code I could use to pay, I went to First bank to pay the money. First bank made the payment via Paydirect platform and then I sent the receipt to them.

They said they can't confirm my payment because they don't know which of their accounts is linked to the Paydirect platform First bank paid to.

I went to First bank to complain but First bank was able to track the payment to their Citibank account. I informed Ethiopian airline to check their Citibank account. They did and confirmed the money.

Now the October 5th flight I booked for was removed. They didn't give me any ticket, they don't want to refund my money.

For 3 weeks I've been asking them to reverse the money they keep saying that they're "working on it".

I had to run around for money to book another flight with Turkish Airlines, at an exorbitant price, just for my client to leave on 5th.

I've so, disturbed them on all social media platforms and even spent thousands of naira calling them on phone. They kept telling me they are working on it.

Now they don't pik my calls again.

If I call with strange numbers, they pick. Immediately they hear "it's me Mr, Okoro" they hang up.

Please what do I do now?

If you know any other way I can get this money back, kindly write me a mail because I'm not always online to read comments here. (contact.uncleokoro@gmail.com)
Thanks.

Below are the evidences to back my story.
Go to their twitter account and thank me later wink

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by WhisperedNoise: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
STENON:
I second this.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by Kraytur: 1:24am On Oct 10, 2020
UNCLEOKORO:

Yes, it's possible

How?
Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by Ekitibiased(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2020
i am in the same situation, more than a month, no refunds yet and their website says 10 working days only
Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by duduade: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2020
STENON:

Yes o

The fear of twitter is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by duduade: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2020
Ekitibiased:
i am in the same situation, more than a month, no refunds yet and their website says 10 working days only

Get a lawyer to sue them

What nonsense
Re: Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 16, 2020
duduade:

Get a lawyer to sue them

What nonsense

I thought of this. But will it be fruitful?

(1) (Reply)

Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors / Which Airline Can Fly Me To Vancouver Canada For Under #300k / Unusual And Weird Countries You Find Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.