Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,681 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors (1637 Views)

GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned / My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park / My Terrible Experience With #landstarexpress Motors Luxurious Bus Company. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors by calabaman(m): 9:45am On Apr 09, 2021
**Modified**

Hello everyone,

I booked a trip from Abuja to Lagos three days ago with ref: OJM-*****-GIGM

First Issue: my departure terminal was supposed to be at Kubwa in which I received a message 24hours later that the departure terminal is now Madalla.

Main issue: On getting to Kubwa and after waiting for an hour for the front desk official to rudely tell me that my bus is no longer available and the option is to be merged with another vehicle without the option of being able to seat on my booked seat (seat1). In which I left.

Am just seeing a non refund clause on their ticket regarding refunds.

Question:

- The scenario that played out above... Is it my fault?
- How can a renowned organization have such a rigid policy.

I dont intend on ever using such a sh1tty transport line ever again. But whoever intends on travelling with them can quote me, so I may beqeauth the ticket to them for use.

Ticket price: 12000

Will give it out free.

My WhatsApp contact: 0808414598

Peace!
Re: Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors by calabaman(m): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2021
Their feedback.

Re: Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors by BluDesk: 9:59am On Apr 09, 2021
You have every right to be angry.

Do not use them any longer. But please don't waste your financial resources. If you have to go to another location and use another seat, do so, and don't use them any longer.

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors by calabaman(m): 10:07am On Apr 09, 2021
BluDesk:
You have every right to be angry.

Do not use them any longer. But please don't waste your financial resources. If you have to go to another location and use another seat, do so, and don't use them any longer.

I used an alternative.

Silly company.

I guess the robot behind the handle has not seen what is stated as a departure terminal on their mobile app.
Re: Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors by Skyfornia(m): 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2021
But I really don't see anything bad with their response? They clearly explained to you that the park you chose is meant for booking only...but my concern is why is it not indicated on their booking platform? Don't think I have witnessed such before.

Then again, the seat number you picked might have been picked by another passenger since the bus is not your original bus...

The company or nobody is above disappointments/emergencies..but how the disappointment is handled is important. The initial/original vehicle you chose might develop fault even few hours to departure. So putting you in another vehicle which has occupants/passengers already is not a bad thing.

That's my view...

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors by SavageResponse(m): 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2021
calabaman:
Hello everyone,

I booked a trip from Abuja to Lagos three days ago with ref: OJM-*****-GIGM

First Issue: my departure terminal was supposed to be at Kubwa in which I received a message 24hours later that the departure terminal is now Madalla.

Main issue: On getting to Kubwa and after waiting for an hour for the front desk official to rudely tell me that my bus is no longer available and the option is to be merged with another vehicle without the option of being able to seat on my booked seat (seat1). In which I left.

Am just seeing a non refund clause on their ticket regarding refunds.

Question:

- The scenario that played out above... Is it my fault?
- How can a renowned organization have such a rigid policy.

I dont intend on ever using such a sh1tty transport line ever again. But whoever intends on travelling with them can quote me, so I may beqeauth the ticket to them for use.

Ticket price: 12000
My price: 5500 (non negotiable)

My WhatsApp contact: 0808414598

Peace!

I have been using GIG Motors from Lagos terminals for a while now and their front desk officials are always polite.

I.m sure you were expecting him or her to kneel down to beg and apologise to you.

By the way how is it their fault that you missed your bus when you spent the entire time standing around at Kubwa a mere booking office when you should have headed off to Madalla earlier so as not to miss your bus.

It's even very petty of you to throw a fit cos the seat you originally booked on your bus had been taken. Were you expecting them to relocate the passenger who had booked it originally?

Mister man you missed your bus due to your childish attitude and GIG was only trying to save a bad situation.

You're not the only one who owns a personal car(s)...always leave you bigmanism at home when you want to travel by public transport!
Re: Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors by calabaman(m): 12:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
SavageResponse:

I have been using GIG Motors from Lagos terminals for a while now and their front desk officials are always polite.

I.m sure you were expecting him or her to kneel down to beg and apologise to you.

By the way how is it their fault that you missed your bus when you spent the entire time standing around at Kubwa a mere booking office when you should have heading off to Madalla earlier so as not to miss your bus.

It;s even very petty of you to throw a fit cos the sit you originaly booked on your bus had been taken. Were you expecting them to relocate the passenger who had booked it originaly?

Mister man you missed your bus due to your childish attitude and GIG was only trying to save a bad situation.

You're not the only one who owns a personal car(s)...always leave you bigmanism at home when you want to travel by public transport!

^^

Thanks for your response GIGM boy.

Endeavor to read a post and process it properly before opening your mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Experience Using GIG Motors by calabaman(m): 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
Skyfornia:
But I really don't see anything bad with their response? They clearly explained to you that the park you chose is meant for booking only...but my concern is why is it not indicated on their booking platform? Don't think I have witnessed such before.

Then again, the seat number you picked might have been picked by another passenger since the bus is not your original bus...

The company or nobody is above disappointments/emergencies..but how the disappointment is handled is important. The initial/original vehicle you chose might develop fault even few hours to departure. So putting you in another vehicle which has occupants/passengers already is not a bad thing.

That's my view...

^^
Thank you.

Bad Information, properly passed across is key.

Stating that only their head office can make a refund, when they knew their refund policy better than myself is ludicrous.

Well, its passed now.

(1) (Reply)

Prepare For Depression - Nigerian Lady Tells Those Planning To Relocate To U.K / Europe Invitation! / Where Is The Best And Easier Country To Travel To With Less Funds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.