Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Protest Against Unemployment Or Sars? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Protest Against Unemployment Or Sars? (198 Views)

Unemployment Or Underemployment / Makogi Residents Protest Against Macdc Chairman Rotimi Afolabi / What Do SARS Check On The Phone To See If A Guy Is Into Yahoo Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Protest Against Unemployment Or Sars? by mayor10(m): 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
Our society is the problem. We've lost our value system. Our society glorifies money over values and it started from our parents generations. They watched the value system die from the coming of political thieves but they never stood their ground not protested against these ills. Then came the military who wanted to fix it but tasted the unified power they brought and found it too sweet to make right. So it starts eroding. Today, the society would rather celebrate you not caring how you make money against the values that makes you omoluabi. It's useless protesting unemployment these days cos the govt don't care and the people are finding easier ways to make money by stealing online, the girls are prostituting in the name of big girls. Down the drain goes our value system. Why are we protesting #endsars? Majority of the youths are being killed by sars who wants to steal what you stole online, then they end up murdering people who resist or do not give them money. Innocent people are caught in the crossfire but we know most of these sars cases are with the 'boys' . The boys are angry that the real theives stealing from our coffers are being protected by this same sars and police but go after the boys who are trying to make their money from other 'channels'. They say we're not stealing from Nigeria. True, you should have an idea the rot in our society. The average police man isn't happy with police work. He only sees it as an avenue to vent and extort other citizens. He's bitter when he sees 'youngings' leaving 'fresh'. He will shoot a bike man or a bus driver for not giving him 'egun'. The DPO is awaiting his minions to come back from the roads by 4 to give him returns on the 'ajo' the road users contributed. Our parents will say not to protest because they want to keep you safe but now no one is safe. Leave your house or not, if sars don't kill you, tax or levies or hiked tarrifs will kill you. Oga police shooting protesters doesn't even know that he's life depends on you asking for a better country. What am I saying sef, an average police man doesn't know which code his geographical location uses. He doesn't know what the rules of engagements are when it comes to citizens, he doesn't know what fundermental human rights are. So how can such a person protect you? All he knows is 'force'. But can a country be without police? Absolutely No. The whole police force is anti-people except for the ones speaking english in their high offices and close to govts. But those are not the ones we engage in a daily. We engage the crude men daily. Should we now end sars or end police impunity? I think the later is better. It's sad that Nigerian youths are not fighting for basic amenities or better government but the right to life. This is where we're today✌�
Re: Protest Against Unemployment Or Sars? by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 10, 2020
I championed the #endsars campaign early this morning. However when I came back online in the afternoon I noticed a lot of the guys I know living off Internet Fraud were also rooting for the campaign, I just gave up.

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: Buhari Govt Lacks Empathy – Ganduje’s Aide / 20-something Y/o Searching For True Self / How To Get Rid Of Rough Palm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.