Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

#EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway (44097 Views)

30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road / EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) / Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Another Black Lives matters Loading.

This was exactly how it all started.
I pray this doesn't lead to anther thing against the government

what is ur prayer point that u are praying that shouldn't be against d govt?
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Franktom247(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2020
#Ekunextlevel this country is on auto pilot na GOD dey in charge
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by tot(f): 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Transgression. Causing more havoc. No civility.

Why should #EndSARS be much more taken serious than the fuel and electricity hike, NASS and CJN humongous budget if not that most youths are into frauds.

do not end SARS, reform it. ONLY criminals want it scraped completely.

Quote me and show you're among the fraudster

People like you are the most dangerous kind of people. Saboteurs. They will change the narrative and turn the story on its head all in a bid to support the govt. If previous "reforms" resulted in no change, shouldn't common sense dictate a drastic action is needed?

Continue you hear, one day SOON the chicken will come home to roost.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Why should #EndSARS be much more taken serious than the fuel and electricity hike, NASS and CJN humongous budget if not that most youths are into frauds.

Anyway, this is your opinion. But until you or any of your friends or family fall victim of this people, you'll change your mindset. They harass, they assault, they bully, they exploit, they manhandle, and they kill innocent people. If at all they are after fraudsters as you supposed, have they ever done their job like a trained officers or like hooligans

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by MoneyTrees(m): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
cool cool shocked shocked
Why will someone call himself a Goat, at first I thought the goat in his name is for GOAT but later as he added yam I now know the goat he's referring to grin grin cheesy
GOATandYAMtheory:
Teargas them make dem commot road Abeg undecided

Fraudsters!!!
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by tot(f): 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
allandutch:

An old friend visited some days back and my mum asked him what he does, he told her straight that he is a Yahoo boy. My mum naïvely tried to scare him with police and he told her that she should forget the police, that worst case he'll settle them with 150-200k and they'll release him.

Yahoo boys are not really the ones suffering the most at the hands of SARS.

Good question.

In your own interest, best to maintain distance with such friends, except you are one.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Karleb:

This is not true.

How do you explain the fact that everyone with a smart phone and a laptop is branded a yahoo boys.

Yahoo boys even had it easy with SARS, the worst that'll happen is that they bail themselves with huge sum which they'll recover in no time.

How do you expect a private school teacher with average salary of 35K to recover financial if they bail themselves with 100k for having hangout on their phone?

So many innocent civilians have lost their lives unjustly, the government is doing nothing about it.

Where exactly were SARS when Hushpuppi was in nigeria?

#EndSARS
#EndSarsNow
#EndPoliceBrutality

Listen you have to say the truth and stop being sentimental, on a normal day no sars official or whatever will go and arrest a school teacher, This sarz people sef are Nigerians like you and not mumu, most of the people these sars people go after are stereotypes of fraudsters, people they think are fraudsters because of their looks, yes they are a lot of bad ones that extort money from anybody they see, but that has always been a police thing in Nigeria,

so if you are saying endsars, you should as well say end police and mopol , cause all na the same thing, and mind you, sarz is antirobbery and cultism squad, they dont just catch fraudsters, they catch thieves and hooligans' as well... Ending Sarz isn't the solution, the entire Nigerian police force and sars needs to be reformed.

Maybe they should remove the bad ones, give them a better training, and increase their pay, because these are jobs no Nigerian wants to do, and they know that, that's why they extort money from people because you cant do the job they do.

whether you like it or not some sarz and police officials have died protecting the lives of Nigerians. you that is protesting how many lives have you protected apart from your family??

as you are protesting endsarz, look at the faces of people protesting with you, they might be the ones that will end up robbing you after they have ended the sars. continue

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Spray(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

for ur mind u dey make sense o. Mumu Man
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by allandutch: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2020
karnap:
Yahoo boys fear SARS pass EFCC and SARS always go after Yahoo boys for their selfish interest,that's not even their job, EFCC are mostly after politician and police are after roadside bribe and that's why SARS doing everythinggrin

SARS should mind their business. The AR in their name stands for Anti-Robbery. They should focus on robbers, Armed or Not.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by slivertongue: 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Omooba77:

They are still watching..

In as much I am not a fan of this govt, I must confess that allowing a daily protest without proper action from govt cud degenerate to anarchy because most Nigerians are angry with this administration, they are hungry, they are insecured... so if they keep watching it cud be to ur tent o israel
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Excessnation: 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
You love to talk nonsense a lot
ednut1:
North no dey protest. Nigeria is not one
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by addictiv(m): 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
You see this protests... People are not protesting just because of SARS.. People are angry and hungry and if care is not taken, it will be the beginning of anarchy in Nigeria. All that is remaining is for somebody to start sponsoring some armed militants to fight against the army and police and that's the end of Nigeria as we know it. As it is now people will readily join militant groups against this government if they see a strong and vibrant group.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Do you know how many innocent YOUTHS(futures) have died ?

Did you see how someone's father was crying over his son?Inncoent or not he ought to be tried in court or are we not under a law?

Why shoot?FBI?INTERPOL AND THE REST CAN BE NASTY TOO BUT THEY KNOW THIER ONIONS.SEE HOW HUSHPUPPI WAS CAUGHT DID THEY SHOOT HIM?JUST GATHERED ENOUGH INTEL WHEN THEY ARRIVED CUFFED HIM SOLEMNLY AND THAT WAS IT.

WHY IS SARS DIFFERENT?

I THINK WE NEED A SARS FOR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS.

AND SARS SHOULD BE A NEW UNIT OF PROGRAMMERS AND DEVELOPERS NOT THIS ISIS IN SARS UNIFORM.

REDUCING OUR POPULACE SO THEY CAN EMBEZZLE WELL.

JUDGEMENT IS COMING smiley

NAIJA RISE UPsad
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by karnap(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
allandutch:

SARS should mind their business. The AR in their name stands for Anti-Robbery. They should focus on robbers, Armed or Not.
robbers no dey bail themselves, Yahoo do bail themselves with 100k,500k 800k and na their pockets e dey enter,SARS are husling for themselvesgrin
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Excessnation: 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
Yes
Starkizito:

Do you know how many innocent YOUTHS(futures) have died ?

Did you see how someone's father was crying over his son?Inncoent or not he ought to be tried in court or are we not under a law?

Why shoot?FBI?INTERPOL AND THE REST CAN BE NASTY TOO BUT THEY KNOW THIER ONIONS

I THINK WE NEED A SARS FOR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS.

AND SARS SHOULD BE A NEW UNIT OF PROGRAMMERS AND DEVELOPERS NOT THIS ISIS IN SARS UNIFORM.

REDUCING OUR POPULACE SO THEY CAN EMBEZZLE WELL.

JUDGEMENT IS COMING smiley

NAIJA RISE UPsad

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Giftexx: 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
Yahksbiz:
why is Nigeria protesting end SARS
why not add bad government too
U want make dem arrest Sowore's again ni?
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by nairanaira12: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

You are truly an idiot.

All the people that Sars have harassed or murdered, are they all criminals?

And when did it become the duty of Sars to arrest fraudsters?

Is there not an organization called EFCC?

Boy, you are a straight up idiot
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by allandutch: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
PropaMan:

Listen you have to say the truth and stop being sentimental, on a normal day no sars official or whatever will go and arrest a school teacher, This sarz people sef are Nigerians like you and not mumu, most of the people these sars people go after are stereotypes of fraudsters, people they think are fraudsters because of their looks, yes they are a lot of bad ones that extort money from anybody they see, but that has always been a police thing in Nigeria,

so if you are saying endsars, you should as well say end police and mopol , cause all na the same thing, and mind you, sarz is antirobbery and cultism squad, they dont just catch fraudsters, they catch thieves and hooligans' as well... Ending Sarz isn't the solution, the entire Nigerian police force and sars needs to be reformed.

Maybe they should remove the bad ones, give them a better training, and increase their pay, because these are jobs no Nigerian wants to do, and they know that, that's why they extort money from people because you cant do the job they do.

whether you like it or not some sarz and police officials have died protecting the lives of Nigerians. you that is protesting how many lives have you protected apart from your family??

as you are protesting endsarz, look at the faces of people protesting with you, they might be the ones that will end up robbing you after they have ended the sars. continue

Dude, SARS once stopped my brother, A tiler on his way back from work because he looks "fresh" (as if that's a crime). If not for the tools he had in his backpack he would have been in serious trouble that day.

And even if the people they go after are actually criminals guilty as charged, that shouldn't be an excuse for killing them outright, on the streets, unarmed and posing no immediate threat.

What happened to due process? What's was the judiciary created for again?

SARS should be scraped and be replaced by a better, Well regulated Unit. And the Police should be reformed too or even rebuilt from the ground up.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Omooba77: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
slivertongue:

In as much I am not a fan of this govt, I must confess that allowing a daily protest without proper action from govt cud degenerate to anarchy because most Nigerians are angry with this administration, they are hungry, they are insecured... so if they keep watching it cud be to ur tent o israel
They are still partying..
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Shaev7(m): 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

I'll quote you pleaSe prove it...
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by holicalpha(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

27 lives cut short and you’re still saying rubbish

Ozuor!

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Donpaper: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

You can start that too. Na woman start this. Start yours and we follow you
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Donpaper: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
karnap:

look well all those who are protesting are not doing it for the sake of the brutality of the SARS,but they want endSars so Yahoo, robbery will be freegrin
may u experience whatever they have experienced in the hands of Sars
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Donpaper: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
Princedapace:

Im so glad someone is still reasoning here o. The same thing I have been wondering why end sars is serious than ASUU that has been on strike, politicians earning way too much while Nigerian workers earn little. Why end sars is more important than bad roads, one seaport, and the list goes on!

SARS has bad eggs, yes, the force should find a way to punish officers who act inappropriately, that is better becus sars is still useful to us. Nigeria is already security prone.
where is NANS?
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by allandutch: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
tot:

In your own interest, best to maintain distance with such friends, except you are one.

An old friend. Haven't seen him in 5-6 years. I was even surprised to see him that day.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Donpaper: 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2020
Yahksbiz:
why is Nigeria protesting end SARS
why not add bad government too
one thing must lead to the other. When Sowore was shouting Revolution Now against bad govt, did u join?
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by LaReinaa(f): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

You’re very correct,
60% of people clamoring to EndSARS are fraudsters and armed robbers.. Ofcos, it will be very convenient for them if nobody interferes in their business..

20% are clueless, they’re just protesting for the fun it.. to meet their favorite celebrities, take pictures and join the trend..

The remaining 20% are people who has actually been innocent victims of the so called SARS or maybe their family members and friends..

Asked them to come out in masses to protest for bad governance, you won’t see anyone!
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Yahksbiz(m): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
Donpaper:
one thing must lead to the other. When Sowore was shouting Revolution Now against bad govt, did u join?
I was watching him through my phone....... I didn't join because him too need reformation.
grin
Donpaper:
I was watching him through my phone....... I didn't join because him too need reformation.
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Yahksbiz(m): 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
Giftexx:
U want make dem arrest Sowore's again ni?
opportunity come but once o

let me prepare for my end SARS tomorrow shoehorn with end insecurities.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Mrpojj(m): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Because of the killings
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by MASTERMIND04(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
Lavisha:
Egungun don enter Express.
grin grin
Re: #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
allandutch:

Dude, SARS once stopped my brother, A tiler on his way back from work because he looks "fresh" (as if that's a crime). If not for the tools he had in his backpack he would have been in serious trouble that day.

And even if the people they go after are actually criminals guilty as charged, that shouldn't be an excuse for killing them outright, on the streets, unarmed and posing no immediate threat.

What happened to due process? What's was the judiciary created for again?

SARS should be scraped and be replaced by a better, Well regulated Unit. And the Police should be reformed too or even rebuilt from the ground up.

I totally Understand what you're saying, But truth be told there are a lot of fraudsters and criminals in Nigeria, which makes it hard to differentiate from ordinary people. but it doesn't make any sense to scrap Sarz and replace them, why? because the country is getting worse, crime rates, robbery, cultism and fraud is increasing, even the judiciary system you are talking about doesn't even work, when those criminals are taken to the cell, they bribe the police to release them, there are no space or enough food in the Nigerian prison talk less of judiciary system.

Everything sarz is doing today they learnt it from the Nigerian police. so to me Sarz can only be reformed, and its not a just about sarz but the entire Nigerian police force needs to be refor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Called As Nigerians Storm Abuja House In UK To Protest Against Buhari.PIC / Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products / Atiku Not In US: Nigerian Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.