Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana (34148 Views)

20 Men Marry 2nd Wives In Zuntu, Kaduna State (Photos) / Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by alimat2(f): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2011
@pictures

so funnny grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i couldnt shout cool
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by alimat2(f): 7:27pm On Mar 05, 2011
I lik the women, i think i will marry a Ghanaian and treat him dat way
grin grin cheesy
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Dblank(f): 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2011
I am not in anyway surprised.Most of thier girls even the ones on the shelf[unmarried over aged ones]look like STOUT BOTTLEs very thick.
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by hackney(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2011
Ugly women are usually physically strong.
wink
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by MP007(m): 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2011
I laugh pour hot coffee for lap. grin
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Cogent: 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2011
Eyaaaaah. Sad, sad, sad.
I feel for those people getting beaten up.
Those twelve thousand and something women that were mentioned in OP's post but no one is talking about as if it is not important.
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2011
Jakumo:
In a typical Ghanaian marriage, the wife is built like a Hippopotamus while the husband has the stature of an emaciated mouse. Don't ask me why that weight advantage always goes to the woman in Ghanaian marriages, but that is the way it is. Maybe Ghanaian men like to be able to hide behind ONE of their wife's thighs whenever debt collectors come visiting.

Anyway, one does not be a boxing promoter to guess at the outcome of a Ghanaian domestic dispute between the hippo and the mouse, so the speculation need only focus on the severity of the husband's injuries and humiliation when the dust settles.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-80784.0.html#msg1781307

Not that I agree with the above (I don't even know about Ghanaian marriages) but I thought it sufficiently hilarious that it was worth quoting here.
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by logica(m): 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2011
If none of you bothered to read, I should draw it to your attention - the men did not retaliate. It was not a case of a fight; rather of a man being assaulted with his hands by his side or up in defense.
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Brite02(m): 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2011
@OP.
Proud 2 say in 9ja. . . A woman dere nt assault a man coz she'l nt v as bread & butter. A real 9JA man cn nt b assaultd by a woman talk less of reportin 2 d police. Wat a shame 2 doz ghanian men women
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by pwiz(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2011
They dare nt try it in naija
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Konjour(m): 2:22am On Mar 06, 2011
Damn! heheheehehe, as in 2000 men with big cojones beaten up!!! rofoaolmao!!!!!!! Just 'bout when i was gon' get myself a yummy ghanaian chic, Seems those women must have been using their mortars and pestles as dumb bells in the kitchen all them years gone by and the poor husbands must not have gotten any premonition of the respective beatings coming up! hehehehehe, Ghana women, 21 gunshot salute!, LOLZZZZZ grin grin grin
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by gonyix: 3:12am On Mar 06, 2011
The author did not say if these men wanted to be bit up. You know sometimes we men like it a bit kinky.
On another note, if these men are having their backside kicked without their permission, then the Ghananian men are a bunch of girliemen.
Now I need a nice girl to come and beat me up!
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by joyblinks(f): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2011
NIGERIAN MEN

get ready. this 2011 is our (Nigerian women) year to start beating all those our ashawo men. when u waka waka come back, we go just break your prick for u.
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Brite02(m): 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2011
joyblinks:

NIGERIAN MEN

get ready. this 2011 is our (Nigerian women) year to start beating all those our ashawo men. when u waka waka come back, we go just break your prick for u.
Lolz cheesy cheesy cheesy
Meanwhile, b4 u bgin 2 4get dia r no girliemen in 9ja cool So, 4rm nw on b vry afraid tongue coz u may neva knw wat hit ya grin
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by tjskii(f): 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2011
he he he whoo whoo, female liberation,if that man strays beat the crap outta him cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Destlaw: 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2011
Dat so bad it's reli unfair can d women be a woman and stop the the bully of their own heart.

Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by kabna(m): 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2011
being a gentle man and refusing to hit a woman is no sign of weakness fools if you care to understand it is patience born out of love in demonstration. they have reported the incidents because they want to resolve it amicably not through violence as some of you twisted people think men should behave or people for that matter. its refusing to be uncivilised or brutal. HUMILITY IS EXERCISING STRENGTH WITH RESTRAINT. EVENTHOUGH THE MEN CAN RETALIATE THEY CHOSE NOT TO THAT REQUIRES MUCH DISCIPLINE WHICH IS A GREAT SIGN OF STRENGTH.

AND FOR THE ONE WHO THINKS SUCH MEN ARE WITNUTS YOU ARE IMPLYING YOU WILL TOLERATE ABUSE HOW SAD IS THAT RATHER?
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2011
How sad for these poor men.

Ghanaian women are very independent and assertive and I am not really surprised.

I once watched a documentary about Ghanaian market women, who dominate business in the markets and will not let male traders get a look in and they have reduced  the males in those markets, to being their secretaries and load carriers.
Even the authorities have been unable to break the women's grip on those markets despite trying several times to close them down.

I couldn't believe what I was watching. shocked

Given that Ghana is also said to be a matriarchal society where land is inherited by the female , it is understandable how some of these Ghanaian men may find themselves in a position where their woman  own the house and are bread winners and they feel so emasculated that they soon start taking beatings as well .  sad

Naija womenfolk are gentle and we have a patriarchal society - we are lucky oh!! grin
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by deols(f): 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2011
but shame on d guys who beat their women without remorse and see it as a show of their Masculinity.
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by tlops(m): 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2011
MP007:

I laugh pour hot coffee for lap. grin

Hope the hot coffee no reach your "kinii", if it does u may as well be dealt it as the Ghanaian men.
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by mamagee3(f): 10:52pm On Mar 06, 2011
Looks like the table have been turned now. . .

I can't help but laugh when I imagine the facial expressions of the abused men. grin grin

kelvin:

Up women liberation movement. cheesy
Yeeeeeeeehhhhh!!!!!
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by WackyJ1(m): 10:56pm On Mar 06, 2011
For those women jubilating remember the score is 12000 to 2000,
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by mamagee3(f): 11:12pm On Mar 06, 2011
WackyJ1:

For those women jubilating remember the score is 12000 to 2000,
Why will a woman jubilate for something as cruel as this?
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2011
Hmmm. Jamaica's national hero Nanny was born in Ghana (Ashante woman). She was a beast. No wonder we Jamo babes are so rough!  grin grin Some of her most notorious followers were Igbo women too, so with that said I wonder what is the ratio of woman beating men in comparison to men beating women in Nigeria  grin grin
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by mamagee3(f): 12:43am On Mar 07, 2011
^^Here we are talking about Ghana and Africa and you mention Ghana.

Are you a clown or something? 2000 men are abused everyday in Ghana and you talk of Jamaica in which there's little to no violence at all.
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by mojounited(m): 12:51am On Mar 07, 2011
@OP,  shocked shocked For shizzlle?? Michael Essien of Chelsea is next grin; save that he's of Nigerian descent. . .
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by lastpage: 1:49am On Mar 07, 2011
Hmmmm, lets be honest naah!

Women (wives) do beat up husbands in Nigeria as well BUT the thing is that "Nigerian Men" are just too proud to complain openly!

Just imagine this scenario: Baba Ibeji goes to a Police station to lay a report!

Baba Ibeji (B.I): Officer, Officer o! Please help, H-E-L-P!

Police Officer (P.O): Haaba,(shocked) shocked how many armed robbers attacked you like this and you still survived? God must be on your side o! See all the blood-bumps and injuries on you! Before you say anything, let me call our driver (the only one sober enough at this time of the day:too much Ogogoro grin ) to rush you to hospital! (He shuffles out but the "complainant" runs after him)

B.I: Officer, pls stay with me, dont live me alone, l only survived because l out-ran her! Please stay with me cry

P.O: Calm down, l know how you feel! Rasaki,! Rasakiii!! where the hell are you? (calls the Police Driver). This man needs emergency treatment ASAP

Rasaki: Preeehsion! (gets a rude shock on seeing Baba Ibeji) Whaaaat, you must have been very miserly towards these "Area Boys" to treat you this way!
P.O: Shaarraap, it is not area boys, its that gang of armed robbers that have been terrorizing the whole of Lagos! I need to also send "signal" to state-command" for everyone to be on standby! If they could tear-up this man like this, then l am sure they wouldn't mind eating us alive also. Get me "Saarge" to mount sentry at the gate before you go  and,,,,, (he was interrupted by Baba Ibeji)

B.I: Officer, you are obviously not listening to me!I did not say anything about Armed Robbers naah!
P.O: You dont need to say anything before l know the story!, after so many years on this job, l can easily tell when someone is attacked by nothing less than twelve, stoned and crazed bandits. Infact, right now, l can correctly predict that they fired a Rocket Propelled Grenade at you and if not for your "wife's fasting and prayer", all those dogs wondering around the roundabout would have thought "Christmas came twice in three months" grin Na your flesh them for take do suya,,,,,(Baba Ibeji cuts in  second time)

B.I: Officer, its actually my wife that did all these!
P.O: Yes l know, one can easily tell when a man is married to a nice woman, l can see that your skin and face looks fresh, apart from the swellings that makes one to mistake you for a "Panel Beater's work-bench" grin grin Lucky to have such a nice wife grin

B.I: (Getting frustrated now) officer, l say it is Mama Ibeji that did all these to me! Yes, my wife was the one that beat me up like this and l have come to lay a complaint!

Rasaki: (Looking dazed) I think the man is beginning to hallucinate, he has lost too much blood and they must have been hitting him on the head relentlessly angry angry
P.O: Rasaki, l say Shaaarap! When did you become very educated like this? Or u wan take over my job? Oya, go and buy "pure-water" for him, seems he lost too much blood or something! (turns to Baba Ibeji); How many are the gang members?

B.I: Just one Saah!
P.O: Waoh, just one? What kind of weapons was he carrying!
B.I: Weapons like how?
P.O: Na waah O! This beating don make you "Koolo" too much! shocked grin You cant even remember weapons like "Grenades, SMG, Berreta Pistol, AK99 (shows Baba Ibeji his own) like this latest one l have,,,,

B.I: My wife does not use any weapon! She used her fist and occasionally jumps up and lands on my face with her buttocks! Most of the damage came from that particular action and,,,,, (Police Officer cuts-in)

P.O: You actually mean its your wife that "re-designed" you like this?
B.I: Yeeesah!
P.O: And you have actually come to"Report her" to the Police?
B.I: Yeesaah, and l want her invited for interrogation and probably charged for Assault ! This must be the last time, l am,,,,,(Police officer reaches for his "horse-whip" and lands a few on Baba Ibeji, in mid sentence!)

P.O: God hammer your prick, useless man! Oloriburuku (bas-tard)! Get out of here before l charge you for "unlawful loitering and wasting of Police time"!
Rasaki: Oga, if not for the blood and the contour on his face, l would have fired his leg thinking he was one of those armed robbers sent to rob our armory, under pretense o! Imagine, man wey suppose "dey nak the woman correct" make the whole neighborhood dey here as she dey plead for more! grin  (He mumbles some words like "dis Police job sef, one day dem go ask you to come arrest dem wife because she wan do extra round! Useless He-goat!)

P.O: Thunder fire you, before l open my eyes, give me 25 frog jump and drop #200 to cover the cost of the "paper and biro" l wasted on your case! Another #100 to cover the cost of fuel Rasaki wasted by starting our Patrol Van (Mutters to himself: So we have now turn to woman wrapper, abi?)

End of 'tale'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, many Nigerian men just suffer in silence because "their shakara in public" is too much and they will feel embarrassed by "society" if they ever let it out bout the amount of "behave yourself beatings" they receive (except at the divorce court, in which case, the man cannot bear it anymore and will either divorce the woman now-now or run away from home wink )

My friend living "abroad", told me it is common for women to beat-up their man and even call Police to arrest him on top! shocked
The only difference is that the Police over there (abroad) think it is part of God's design and men actually get "well behaved" if their wife slaps them once or twice a week! grin If they want to revolt, the Police will lock them up for the night and the next morning, he will be back to pick up his "Jeans and Trouser" outside the door and from then on: HE IS A HOMELESS MAN shocked shocked
Of course, his "key" can no longer open the front door and he cant come-in anymore wink except if he wants to add "unlawful breaking-in and entry" to his pending charge of "violence and abuse" shocked shocked
Thats why l like "abroad men", dem sabi wetin dey ground, too much grin grin
WOMEN RULES, OKAY!
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by WackyJ1(m): 2:39am On Mar 07, 2011
mama-gee:

Looks like the table have been turned now. . .

I can't help but laugh when I imagine the facial expressions of the abused men. grin grin

^^^
mama-gee:

Why will a woman jubilate for something as cruel as this?
Re: Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana by Nobody: 4:04am On Mar 07, 2011
mama-gee:

^^Here we are talking about Ghana and Africa and you mention Ghana.

Are you a clown or something? 2000 men are abused everyday in Ghana and you talk of Jamaica in which there's little to no violence at all.

Mama Geek, you talking but you are not saying a damn thing. Fck off.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured) / Reasons You Should Not Divorce Your Man Because He Can't Satisfy You Sexually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.