Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

#EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform (67002 Views)

2023: I Will Be At Forefront Of Tinubu’s Campaign – Buhari / Presidential Campaign: Buhari Deceiving Tinubu, Says Afenifere / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Deemayor: 12:39am On Oct 10, 2020
As a president of a country are you suppose to be tweeting
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ejovwovincent(f): 12:41am On Oct 10, 2020
We elected the worst to rule the best of us.

May affliction not arise the second time!
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Realguyman1(m): 12:41am On Oct 10, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be part of a trend.

So many are on this forum praising the protesters and even encouraging people to kill SARS while they themselves are at home hiding.

Of all the things bedeviling this country, why should #endsars be of high priority if not that some professional fraudsters are behind this?

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys and armed robbers to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. The fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform. undecided

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.
You said it all Bro. Of all the things happening to this country and the high cost of living we are facing, like increase in food, fuel, electricity and others. I'm surprised that na end sars na our yeye youth come see dey protest for.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by 1Sharon(f): 12:45am On Oct 10, 2020
OlowuJohn:

Your conscience knows that ENDSARS is not our problem right now in Nigeria, that is why you are being defensive. Channel your energies to the right cause and stop being distracted.
These YAHOOBOYS and FRAUDSTERS Sponsored ENDSARS campaign.

My thoughts too.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by samwillyco1(m): 12:51am On Oct 10, 2020
Super Story

We are waiting and watching, everybody is now angry in this country. Things are not well but some people are pretending and defending bad things.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Emperor4tune(m): 12:54am On Oct 10, 2020
You are yet to wake up to the reality of what is happening around you,or are you telling me that a legitimate hussler is not at risk of illegal & forceful extortion at gun point or even death?,may be dem never light you slap b4 on top your right..what name can you call a security personel handling a pos meachine on highways & check point?..the day you face a serious confrontation & embarassment from these animals,that is when you will no that not even a legitimate hussler is safe in this shit hole of a country..this is Not a case with just sars, Nigeria needs a revolution ASAP,the way things are going in the country is enough to provoke the citizens.. [quote author=GOATandYAMtheory post=94781551]I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be part of a trend.

So many are on this forum praising the protesters and even encouraging people to kill SARS while they themselves are at home hiding.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Sheriman(m): 1:01am On Oct 10, 2020
Oga see as your mouth dey draw like ogbolo soup. Abeg Abeg I won ask you some questions. Can you migrate to rural areas? Can you just clear, till, harrow, plough, make hips and ridges of 1 acre of land for farming? you need to show us your farm before we can take you serious. Commot for hear joor!!!
myBraine:
We wanted a president but God gave us a father.

Only if third term was possible, Buhari would have gotten it on a platter of gold. You just won the heart of millions of Nigerians that trusted in your leadership. The opinions of few minorities didn't really matter as it is the digitization of our society that needs total reform and not Sars.

Our youths are too preoccupied with the utilization of expensive gadgets at the detriment of our agro-based economy. The recent hike in the prices of rice across the country have the youths to be blamed. Imagine if the youths devote the equal amounts of time they spent in front of their gadgets to agriculture, would there have been an increment in the prices of food stuffs? Imagine if they're spending more time on trees and inside bushes, would Sars still be killing them in scores? The youths are preventing the coming generations from knowing our true calling and the beauty of our culture. Aside crude oil, Nigeria as a nation is known for agriculture as we're still far behind in manufacturing and precise engineering. Our technological feet is strongly questionable as well.

Nigeria needs the youth for agriculture. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by nedekid: 1:01am On Oct 10, 2020
myBraine:

Only if third term was possible, Buhari would have gotten it on a platter of gold. You just won the heart of millions of Nigerians that trusted in your leadership. The opinions of few minorities didn't really matter as it is the digitization of our society that needs total reform and not Sars.

Our youths are too preoccupied with the utilization of expensive gadgets at the detriment of our agro-based economy. The recent hike in the prices of rice across the country have the youths to be blamed. Imagine if the youths devote the equal amounts of time they spent in front of their gadgets to agriculture, would there have been an increment in the prices of food stuffs? Imagine if they're spending more time on trees and inside bushes, would Sars still be killing them in scores? The youths are preventing the coming generations from knowing our true calling and the beauty of our culture. Aside crude oil, Nigeria as a nation is known for agriculture as we're still far behind in manufacturing and precise engineering. Our technological feet is strongly questionable as well.

Is anyone stopping you from farming? Go and farm naa while others do other things.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 10, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be part of a trend.

Of all the things bedeviling this country, why should #endsars be of high priority if not that some professional fraudsters are behind this?

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys and armed robbers to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. The fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform. undecided

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.

Dont start intelligently and end foolishly. Understand that everybody cannot be mad at the same time.
If it's just fraudsters why are they not saying Endefcc, end police end armed taskforce. Why only sars do u think everyone is crazy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Moradeyo95: 1:03am On Oct 10, 2020
Sheuns:
SARS won’t be banned. I do not support outright ban of SARS. We need a total reform of the NPF. Not only SARS extort, the entire police is guilty of this offense. Our daily policemen extort motorists, pedestrians, civilians unjustly. Even if SARS is banned (which I do not see happening), will we call for a ban of the entire police force too if the extortion and brutality still continues?

Keep at the back of your mind that police is your friend. Armed robbers are not friendly at all, I’ve had an experience with SARS before and I talked with them calmly and politely, I walked away complete and safe, we even ended it with laughter. I do not support their extortion and profiling one bit, but these guys have done some serious good jobs in tracking and arresting hardcore criminals. We shouldn’t throw away the baby with the bath water. We need SARS and the police to maintain some level of safety and decorum in the country.
...exactly!!...we just need a whole new level of reorientation and reforms...... cus if d said sars is disbanded...they simply go back to their mother units...lets not forget they are still men of the nigerian police.....so when next dey misbehave is it #endnpf we would clamor for?....I fink the best is an overhaul reorientation nd reform

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Badilstical(m): 1:04am On Oct 10, 2020
myBraine:

and do you think we are in the age of carry hoes, have you heard of mechanized farming, this 2020 not 1960
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by tot(f): 1:06am On Oct 10, 2020
OlowuJohn:

Lets send the right message, lets protest for things that will benefit Nigerians at the long run; there was a fuel hike and Electricity Tariff increment, we did not take to the street; People are losing their jobs, what majority do, is just to survive, and our major problem is now SARS Lets channel our energies to the right issues. Regards.

Uncle, it is a LIVING person that will protest about all you have mentioned. Why on earth do we not value human lives in Nigeria

Indiscriminate killing of people is NOT a "right issue" to you?!

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ElValiente(m): 1:07am On Oct 10, 2020
6 underground movie on my mind.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by calcal: 1:11am On Oct 10, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
They can never end sars.... Will they sack all sars members?... What they will do is change the name, put the same personal in sars into another anti robbery agency.. Nothing will change!

and thats why we need 3 countries from the present
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by tot(f): 1:12am On Oct 10, 2020
onegig:

Would i be wrong to say you are mad and daft? Seun please can you kindly ban this fool?

I work legitimately and fuc..king pay my taxes. I try as much as possible to not even drive to some places in Lagos like MKO Abiola Gardens by-bass in Ogudu, Ojota Junction, Ikeja Under Bridge, Yaba by Tejuosho market heck i stopped going to play 5-a-side at night at City of David in Oniru- VI just because those are areas i know these daredevils hang around to pick on their victims.

What fucking country would you live in that as a legal and legimate citizen you are scared of driving through some neighborhoods because of Police officers who were sworn to protect you.

When travelling, i carry cash handy and i don't use my aviator sun shades(you already know they would profile you with that), I would rather dorn my nerdy glasses just to try and slip through and avoid them stopping my car. I was once stopped at Iwo Road in Ibadan. Presented my ID and they threw my official ID card away asking for my phone to check through what was on it.

These and a lot more are the daily experience of millions of Nigerian youth today who have to cower and have palpitations at the sight of Policemen who were sworn to protect them . I have seen littany of stories online about victims who were taken to an Atm by so called SARS officials at Gun point and withdrew all their life savings even after presenting evidence of doing legit work. Or you want to talk about the horrors families of kids killed by SARS have had to go through?

Exactly. I feel safer outside Nigeria than in my own country. Is that not an aberration?!
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 10, 2020
I think the police force need to be retrained.They should also be allowed to go for overseas training regularly so they learn a little bit about civility because it is beginning to look like they are not getting proper training and remuneration. I had the personnels of the Nigeria Army grant me security free of charge when I was in a situation in a very civilized way, the Nigeria Navy personnel too were pretty nice and civilize but the Nigeria police loves to harass and intimidate which is very wrong at least if I remember my encounters thank God there are some lovely officers among them.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Gval123: 1:18am On Oct 10, 2020
old man. This old man just day enjoy Nigeria money. we get police? watin them wan reform? Reform they have been reforming for 60yrs. Growing up in Nigeria in early 70s, no policeman come to check your house without a search warrant, never. even under a ,military govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by solonazzy: 1:24am On Oct 10, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

You missed the whole point of this trend.... #endsars is not end investigating/apprehending criminals..you have to let that sink in first... Ask yourself... Is this how fraudsters are apprehended in other countries?... The supposed fraudsters killed, have they committed more crime than hushpuppy still having sessions in court?... Even when found guilty, death is not on cards for him..... We are talking abt the brutality, the means employed to apprehend supposed suspects, many of which are innocent... If u dnt see a problem with that, then u a part of our problem in this country..... Boko haram members are granted amnesty, and fraudsters are killed for nt paying on point bail charges subjected to them..... I'm drawn to suspect you are even one of the rogue sars operatives.... In d end, being born in Nigeria truly already has life leading u 1-0

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by sosowater: 1:51am On Oct 10, 2020
myBraine:

Agro sector?

You forgot what has been happening in farms across Nigeria?

How can people embrace agriculture when animals will destroy their crops or get themselves kidnapped or killed while in the bush?

Let's all be wise in our sayings.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Lilgabby(m): 2:04am On Oct 10, 2020
E sure me say no be baba write that thing for twitter.... Una sure say baba sabi spell like this
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by 6digitscomrade: 2:23am On Oct 10, 2020
Bash92:
Nonsense
Arant nonsense!!! If na igberetv post diz kind nonsense now dem go say na doctored image and assertion..
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ofiko123(m): 2:24am On Oct 10, 2020
ENDSARS .
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by 6digitscomrade: 2:26am On Oct 10, 2020
Gval123:
old man. This old man just day enjoy Nigeria money. we get police? watin them wan reform? Reform they have been reforming for 60yrs. Growing up in Nigeria in early 70s, no policeman come to check your house without a search warrant, never. even under a ,military govt
God bless u.. it’s all diz children born out of reckless promiscuity that are spewing thrash here..instead of them to read and develop..
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by OwenJesse27(m): 2:29am On Oct 10, 2020
goodmorning40:
He finally spoke
That the power of the people ...we force him to
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by showafrica(m): 2:33am On Oct 10, 2020
GallantDuke:
Wetin concern Buhari with their protest as if Buhari dey listen to them. Na Garba Shehu write those things

I still wonder why Buhari does not address the nation verbally on current events. A case as serious as this, we cant see the president talk live.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Germi9: 3:13am On Oct 10, 2020
since day before yesterday?
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by onyemechi33: 3:29am On Oct 10, 2020
myBraine:

And herdsmen will come and take over the farm abi?

It's either you don't read what's been happening to farmers, or you are simply being bias.

I own a palm plantation and I also lease some other plantation to enable me feed my small palm oil factory with raw materials.

The last two years has been difficult cos cattle herders have taken over most plantation.

People are scared to go to their farms.

Most persons I knew growing up were killed while in their farm attending to their crops. Aside the effect of covid 19 which had little or nothing to do with my sector as a palm produce merchant, this year has not been favourable, in terms of production, cos there is scarcity of palm fruits.

So do you honestly think if there is scarcity of palm oil and allied products, tomorrow, in the market, it is the fault of the youths?

Praytell your government to make agriculture (farming) attractive, with good incentive like the late. Chief (Barr) Obafemi Awolowo did in the 70/80's and watch people dump their white collar jobs and throop back to the farm.

My point, work on your government to revive the farm settlement scheme, just as my boss, Mr. Litigator, has always championed.

You need not beg people to go back to the farm. Just put measures in place, and watch people fight to own hectares of farm land.

I cum in peace.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 10, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

You are talking nonsense. It is only criminals that support SARS and I suspect you are one of them. When SARS officers operating under IG response team were killed by soldiers on operational duties at Taraba, there were media trial against the soldiers before the actual panel was setup. Only criminals will support you and SARS , no soldiers or hardworking civilians will support Armed Robbers in uniform. SARS have killed many innocent Nigerians and dispossessed many of the valuables more than armed robbers.

They have pursued innocent Nigerians to death, killed many after robbing them and incriminate many. It is only in jungle you can have this type of people and not in sane society. They have become terror to people and armed robbers to legitimate hardworking Nigerians. We should not wait until soldiers or militarized civilians and militants take up arms against SARS and turn Nigeria to Banana Republic.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by oluakin08: 3:50am On Oct 10, 2020
����
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by AududuNine11: 3:54am On Oct 10, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

Best write-up so far on the trending issue.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Kingrefreshed: 4:17am On Oct 10, 2020
fergie001:

Muhammadu Buhari

Are you people really sure the man in Asorock na the real Buhari??

I mean the level of Recklessness is too much. Still talking about Reform

God forbid!!

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:48am On Oct 10, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

And you think Yahoo boys are the reason you are not getting your online job?
You are Sounding like some of does snitches they paid to promote sars

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Edo Election: PDP Supporters Jubilate After Results Announcement At Oba Market / Diezani: "I'm In Pains, I Don't Think There Is Anything Doctors Can Do Beyond" / Police Officer Shoots Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.