Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status (422 Views)

Nigeria Is World’s Number 2 In Child Marriage – UNICEF / Today Is World Diabetes Day - 9 Things 'todo' To Avoid The Incurable Disease / Today Is World's No Bra Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:53am On Oct 10, 2020
While we focus on external freedom like geographic freedom, financial freedom,and political freedom we neglect a fundamental freedin- mental freedom. …. Mental freedom is freedom from society conditioning, society expectation and need for approval. It is the detachment of oneself from society labels. It is the recognition that one is not ones gender. One is not ones tribe.One are not ones religion  .These are roles assigned to us while we are young. They were neccesary at that time when we lacked the ability to think. Now we have a choice to examine them and not carry them through adulthood.

Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:54am On Oct 10, 2020
Mental freedom begins by excersicing control over ones emotion. Ones emotion does not dictate what one does. Frequent outburst over little triggers signals one who is a slave to his anger. Theft and corrupt practices are signs of a slave to emotion of desire and greed. Whatever controls your emotion controls you.
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:54am On Oct 10, 2020
Men who are unable to cry in public for fear of being labelled a weakling are in gender bondage.He cages those tears,act tough ,engage in drinking and smoking and other maladaptive act to suppress those emotion. A free person would choose to let the tears flow. Women who abandon their career to cater for kids out of duty as a woman and not out of love and personal choice is a slave to traditional gender roles.
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:55am On Oct 10, 2020
One who is naturally kind and compassionate but will not hesitate to watch a thirteen years old boy die over opposing view is not free to his conscience. As long as we need an ancient book to tell us what is right and what is not,We cannot be mentally free. The book is thinking for us.
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:55am On Oct 10, 2020
One who prefers candidate A but goes ahead to vote candidate B because his politicalGodfather, parent or religious leaders asked him to will continue to be a pawn in their hands. A governor who takes decision to please the Godfather but not in the state best interest is a slave to The godfather.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:56am On Oct 10, 2020
To be liberated from societal conditioning, we need need to examine the effect certain words have on us . He notices thoughts that brightens his mood and those that does not Why do I feel angry each time someone insults my Tribe, My prophet, my political party? These tribes, prophet, party existed long before I was born. I am not them. My happiness should not be tied to someone perception of them.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:57am On Oct 10, 2020
Next is to challenge our thoughts. Why do I belong to this group in the first place.? Could it be because my immediate family belonged here? If they belonged to the opposition, would I be a member of the opposition? Am I biased? Then he plays the devil advocate. He tries to see things from the opposition point of view. What if they are right?

Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:58am On Oct 10, 2020
We exlores our tendency to hand over decision making to Those perceived as superior to him Do I easily hand over decision to authority? Are authority always right? The present covid 19 pandemic showed a case of different medical doctors with conflicting view on the efficacy of Chloroquine in the treatment of the virus. Since experts could disagree over an issue, why can’t an individual disagree with the expert?

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:59am On Oct 10, 2020
mental free person explores various opinion ,engages in self- thinking and detach oneself from society labels. You are not your gender. You are not your tribe.you are not your religion  .These are roles assigned to us while we are young. They were neccesary at that time when we lacked the ability to think. Now we have a choice to examine them . arriving at his own decision. His decision may not allign with that of the majority.He does then anyway.

Examining ones name, do I really love my name? You can begin by choosing a different name. One that reflects whom you really are or aspires to be. We can choose the values dear to us and live by them.
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 3:59am On Oct 10, 2020
The journey towards mental freedom is not achieved over night. It takes periods of continuous effort . The society would never be in support of your quest.No jailer wants her captive to be free.
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 10, 2020
Make I siddon here just in case
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by sammysmiles(m): 4:48am On Oct 10, 2020
Mental freedom is simply the absence of stress and poverty.... Any other definition is counterfeit...
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by illicit(m): 5:00am On Oct 10, 2020
Religion too .... is mental slavery
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by Hambivert: 5:26am On Oct 10, 2020
If Nigeria had a Mental health status bar it would be reading...
...9% remaining
Sparogatively, everything is hanging on a loose thread right about now!
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by juman(m): 6:20am On Oct 10, 2020
The bad state of the country affects state of mind of most people.
One nigeria has failed us.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by Yobabad: 6:28am On Oct 10, 2020
The following people should quickly check their mental state
Bola Tinubu ( too much greed)
Aregbasola
Mumuric director
Oba of Lagos
El-rufai
The lifeless one
Members of YMM ( Yoruba Muslims Miscreants)
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by fijinjesu92792: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2020
The odyssey towards psych freedom is not achieved over evening. It takes durations of continuation initiative . The civilization would never be in assistance of your crusade.No warden wants her hostage to be freedom.
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 10, 2020
People who bleach and worship fair skin are also mentally enslaved.This unfortunately affects a greater part of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
illicit:
Religion too .... is mental slavery
sticking to one particular religion rigidly without looking at other religious views can obstruct mental freedom

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
Yobabad:
The following people should quickly check their mental state
Bola Tinubu ( too much greed)
Aregbasola
Mumuric director
Oba of Lagos
El-rufai
The lifeless one
Members of YMM ( Yoruba Muslims Miscreants)

Have you checked yourd
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by Uyi168: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
Mad people go full Lagos ooo.
shocked
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by armyofone(m): 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
One of the worst mental slavery in Nigeria is the belief that you that you can kill someone to make money - money ritual. How can the Nigeria society emancipate this mindset ?
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 4:26am On Oct 11, 2020
armyofone:
One of the worst mental slavery in Nigeria is the belief that you that you can kill someone to make money - money ritual. How can the Nigeria society emancipate this mindset ?
true
Re: Today Is World Mental Health Day: Check Your Mental Freedom Status by tobechi74: 10:06am On Jan 31, 2021
True

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Period Blood So Dark? / Premenstrual Syndrome Treatment / Gates-funded Vaccine Is Causing Polio Outbreak In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.