Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

He Must Marry His Step Mother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Must Marry His Step Mother (1948 Views)

Help Please! I Suspect My Husband Is Having S*x With His Step-sister / My Boyfriend Must Marry Me! / All Because Of Nairaland He Said I Won't Marry His Daughter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Must Marry His Step Mother by buyaka(m): 5:11am On Jun 24, 2007
Fellow and dearest nairaland members, i have a friend who hail from some where in one of the south-south state. He is the first mail child and just lost his dad and after the burial, he was ask to marry( inherit ) his aged step mother as tradition demands or the family will disown him. please we need your advice
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by ima1(f): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2007
God forbid bad thing he needs to run away from that tradition or be the first to end it
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by Eiregirl(f): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2007
OOOOH, poor guy! shocked
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 24, 2007
Bwahahahahahahahahah!!!!! shocked shocked aged step mother u say, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Fire on the mountain,Run,Run,Run!!!! grin grin

Run 4 ur dear life if i were ur friend. Nthing more, Abomination, Tufiakwa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by RibaduFan(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2007
Eiregirl
what's poor about the guy?
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by mellow(m): 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2007
Did he not know about the tradition before the death of his father?

He should have persuaded his father to marry a younger girl before

his death. Now he need to marry his aged step mother. Well, he should.

It is their Tradition or is the woman ferusing too?
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by Eiregirl(f): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2007
@ Yemmyse
Would you want to marry someone who you've looked at as a mother figure I'm not sure how old the woman is or the guy in question but I just think it's not right!
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by calf(f): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2007
buyaka:

Fellow and dearest nairaland members, i have a friend who hail from some where in one of the south-south state. He is the first mail child and just lost his dad and after the burial, he was ask to marry( inherit ) his aged step mother as tradition demands or the family will disown him. please we need your advice
Are you sure you're not the guy in qwestion?
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by buyaka(m): 3:44pm On Jun 24, 2007
i am not the guy in question just that i want to help my friend
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2007
na wa ohhh so these backyard and silly customs are still practiced. shocked
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by bluesky4(f): 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2007
na wa ooo, wat kind trandition is this shocked

how old is his stepmother?
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by buyaka(m): 1:39am On Jun 25, 2007
above 45 years old
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by otuonye(m): 9:59am On Jun 25, 2007
Bullshit! Ask your friend if he knows what legs are used for? RUN RUN RUN

Jojo
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by sammy6(m): 10:23am On Jun 25, 2007
chai!
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by desgiezd(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
U mean this still happens in modern day Nigeria? The guy should just ignore the tradition and damn the consequences with prayers. Just imagine how he would relate with the "wife" if he agrees to carry on. Will he be calling her mummy or aunty or sweetheart? :damn::damn::damn:
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by loretta(f): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2007
Inheriting the step-mother simply means that the woman should be under his care not necessarily any sexual inter-course btw them. We practise it in my place too. My father also inherited so many of his brother's wife but no sexual inter-course just more responsibility on his neck.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by fromuk(m): 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2007
I think this is in the bible but i cannot quote exactly where it is but i know jehova witness practice and will authoritatevely tell you to do it as one of the words of God in thier kingdom.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by adeboo(f): 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2007
Omo do those things still exist in this day and age?

I would run run run - whats that all about?
Even the good book says 'cursed is the child that goes in on his father's wives or concubines'.

Its totally wrong and tradition or no tradition he shouldnt participate.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by adeboo(f): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2007
Omo do those things still exist in this day and age?

I would run run run - whats that all about?
Even the good book says 'cursed is the child that goes in on his father's wives or concubines'.

Its totally wrong and tradition or no tradition he shouldnt participate.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by Esss(m): 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
Let me first of all laugh, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is absolute bullshit, People please stop being melodramatic. This is an age long tradition that has been in practice for as long as forever, In most situations the idea is that you are now taking over your fathers responsibilities including the upkeep of his wife/s. I know this because it a common practice in most traditions all around eastern and southern Nigeria. The very bad one is were a brother is said to inherit his brothers wife and asset in the event of his demise. In this case, many people use it as an opportunity to grab everything their brother owned for selfish reasons leaving the wife (and in some cases the children too) with no source of income or property to fall back on, It is a shame that most people believe that it means you have been granted an automated pass to "jigga" you mumsy or step-mumsy as the case may be.

Buyaka go check your facts right, Abi your friend wan bone ehn papa wife (make you tell us now).
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by francessby(f): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2008
You just make this story up, which state are you from if i may ask
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by Godalone(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2008
francessby:

You just make this story up, which state are you from if i may ask
I don't think it is a make up,it is still happening in some tribes.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by nalijah07(f): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2008
Would he have to marry his biological mom if she were the surviving spouse.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by timmfikk(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2008
you dont need it ma guy, pray and leave the family for good.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by izeek(m): 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2008
look guy such traditions ceased to exist a while back,
we n'landers just post stupid tins for posting sake.

take some 2weeks off and come back, maybe by then u will be better.
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by Gonorrhea(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2008
What his he waiting for?!

Marriage rites should begin naw?
Re: He Must Marry His Step Mother by ssRhino: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2008
and since when does disownment means dead or not making it in life, i beg, let them go ahead and disown me, i will be fine

(1) (Reply)

The Best Place To Meet The Right Partner? / ... / After The Wedding...a Nightmare To Most Wives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.