Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) (941 Views)

MR T-MILEX/CARQUEST/RAD AUTO WORKS 2020 Diagnostic Scanner Christmas Giveaway / Great And Affordable Car Dealership Deals In Nigeria... / 5 Reasons Why You Should Carry Out Regular Computer Car Diagnostic Scanning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by naijadrivablog: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
As the topic reads, kindly recommend an affordable one between 5,000 Naira to N15,000 that can also cancel errors (e.g Check Engine).

I can't seem to know (and Kazeems too) the issue that check Engine light is on. Abeg, I don't want trial and error.

The ones I saw online are expensive. Also, I saw one that can be connected to phone. How good is it?

Car model: 1999 to 2001 Toyota (Bluetooth ones may not work).

Nurey, radautoworks, kingreignn, gazzuz
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by radautoworks: 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2020
naijadrivablog:
As the topic reads, kindly recommend an affordable one between 5,000 Naira to N15,000 that can also cancel errors (e.g Check Engine).

I can't seem to know (and Kazeems too) the issue that check Engine light is on. Abeg, I don't want trial and error.

The ones I saw online are expensive. Also, I saw one that can be connected to phone. How good is it?

Car model: 1999 to 2001 Toyota (Bluetooth ones may not work).

Nurey, radautoworks, kingreignn, gazzuz

You get what you pay for.
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by xristos(m): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2020
If ur location is Abuja I have 2.
Bluetooth sync with phone...8k
Other...12k
Both are efficient
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by naijadrivablog: 8:12am On Oct 11, 2020
xristos:
If ur location is Abuja I have 2.
Bluetooth sync with phone...8k
Other...12k
Both are efficient
I can send my bro to get it. Pictures pls. I hope it read codes too?
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by naijadrivablog: 8:13am On Oct 11, 2020
radautoworks:

You get what you pay for.
Sure. I know some sells for N200k plus but it is for auto mechanics like you. I just want a functional yet affordable one to diagnose my SUV.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by dicksonadams(m): 9:45am On Oct 11, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Sure. I know some sells for N200k plus but it is for auto mechanics like you. I just want a functional yet affordable one to diagnose my SUV.

For DIY, basic Bluetooth scan tool is sufficient trust me, I bought one from a nairalander for 2k5 came with torque pro app (lot of awesome indepht tutorial on YouTube, you would learn how to diagnose a lean and rich conditions, how to know if your mass air flow, 02 sensors are working, how to tell if your fuel injectors are stuck opened,

I detected my evap issue with my basic scanner and also used it to test after I bought a fuel cap to fix it

Note this sort of Bluetooth scanner wouldn't do high level stuff like airbag,
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by naijadrivablog: 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
dicksonadams:

For DIY, basic Bluetooth scan tool is sufficient trust me, I bought one from a nairalander for 2k5 came with torque pro app (lot of awesome indepht tutorial on YouTube, you would learn how to diagnose a lean and rich conditions, how to know if your mass air flow, 02 sensors are working, how to tell if your fuel injectors are stuck opened,

I detected my evap issue with my basic scanner and also used it to test after I bought a fuel cap to fix it

2500Naira? shocked But that type will just display error codes. I need the one that shows (reads) the fault and clear error codes too.

I just saw this one https://hawkhives.com/obd-scanner/
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by blissbliss: 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2020
dicksonadams:

How much was the ‘fuel cap’ please?
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by omans14(m): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2020
naijadrivablog:

2500Naira? shocked But that type will just display error codes. I need the one that shows (reads) the fault and clear error codes too.

ogah, i bought the type he is talking about for #3500 here in Abuja. It reads code, clears code and can even reset your check engine light. The scanner is okay sir
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by radautoworks: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
naijadrivablog:

And that's what I'm telling you. Cheap ones pick up very few codes and do not pick up codes from a lot of statement. The Bluetooth ones are even worse. If you're going to buy one, pay a little more. If not, you're better off just paying someone to scan for you as needed. A decent one should run you about $100.

Edit:I see omans above describing one but price listed is 15k. If it can do what he claims, buy it but I guarantee it can only do it for a couple of models and systems. Make sure your model is one of them.
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by dicksonadams(m): 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
naijadrivablog:

Mine reads and clear codes and also do live data view and logging, below are some live data logs from few PIDs that I chose to display {I could have displayed more though}. I generated them today while driving from Yaba to Gbagada

Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by emmyN(m): 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
dicksonadams:

Mine reads and clear codes and also do live data view and logging, below are some live data logs from few PIDs that I chose to display {I could have displayed more though}. I generated them today while driving from Yaba to the Gbagada

What's the name of your scan tool?
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by naijadrivablog: 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
dicksonadams:

Mine reads and clear codes and also do live data view and logging, below are some live data logs from few PIDs that I chose to display {I could have displayed more though}. I generated them today while driving from Yaba to the Gbagada
ok Sir. post the picture of the scanner make I go find am buy.
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by dicksonadams(m): 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
naijadrivablog:
ok Sir. post the picture of the scanner make I go find am buy.

Here, bought 2k5 back then

1 Share

Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by naijadrivablog: 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
dicksonadams:

Here, bought 2k5 back then

Thanks. Does it work with phone? I saw a CD ROM there (meaning it has to be installed on a PC).
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by dicksonadams(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
naijadrivablog:

Thanks. Does it work with phone? I saw a CD ROM there (meaning it has to be installed on a PC).
Yes, works with Android phones
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by naijadrivablog: 9:22am On Oct 12, 2020
dicksonadams:

Yes, works with Android phones
It is now sold from 2500(bulk price) or N3000 and above(retail)
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by dicksonadams(m): 9:55am On Oct 12, 2020
3k retail the above is from jumia
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by nurey(m): 10:03am On Oct 12, 2020
naijadrivablog:

I didn't want to comment though because I don't know much about scanners, I even intend buying a high scale one so I followed a recent thread here but the out come wasn't positive.

I am budgeting 30k for one probably would buy from aliexpress or just from local sellers when ready.

I have used the Bluetooth own even still at home but I bought mine from konga and it was a chinese clone, it pickup codes very well on engine, I can get my VIN number and details of my vehicle, my current rpm cause my sienna doesn't have tachometer and some other live data details.
The cd rom has android and mac software on it for your phone, I use torque pro.

One just need a small scanner to pick-up issues giving kazeem headache and you then guide him through on what to do.

Any issue pertaining to using high grade scanner go and pay a qualified technician to scan and fix, there are some DIY that is a no no for me grin can't come and kill myself when likes of Gazzuzz, radautos, oluwaseunla are available for a fee grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by dicksonadams(m): 11:55am On Oct 12, 2020
naijadrivablog:

Yes it does live data, as seen below, but mind you, viewing live data is one thing, being able to interpret it and use it for diagnostic is another thing. Pay a pro

Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by demolagilbert: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2020
I have units of Autel Maxiscan for sale. 17000NGN per unit.
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by radautoworks: 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2020
demolagilbert:
I have units of Autel Maxiscan for sale. 17000NGN per unit.

Which model?
Re: Please Recommend An Affordable Car Diagnostic Scanner (OBDII And EOBD) by radautoworks: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
I know what we are giving away this Christmas cool cool cool

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corrola 2006 For Sale @1.5 / Clean Nigeria Used Honda Pilot For Sale / Toyota Paseo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.