Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381637 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Yvete(f): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
A child born in the United States is entitiled to US citizenship, but to get a US passport, signatures of both parents are required.

Quick question: If the father of a child is in Nigeria, how and where do we notarize the letter? At the US embassy or any courthouse in Nigeria? Does it have to be hand written and mailed over here or scanned and printed? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 06, 2013
Hello all, please how easy is it for a couple who haven't been abroad before to be granted a BI/B2 Visa for birthing purpose at the US embassy?

Is there anyone here who was granted this category of Visa as a first time traveller with a virgin Passport after revealing birthing intentions to the Consular?

What do you advice this couple to do? Do they stand any chance at all?

Please, I await your responses as they will go along way in making a decision.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babyspice: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2013
Yvete: A child born in the United States is entitiled to US citizenship, but to get a US passport, signatures from both parents are required.

Quick question: If the father of a child is in Nigeria, how and where do we notarize the letter? At the US embassy or any courthouse in Nigeria? Does it have to be hand written and mailed over here or scanned and printed? Thanks.
1) A notary in Nigeria is sufficient. I believe there is a document he needs to sign too.
2) It must be hand written and mailed. DHL preferably .
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imadebaby: 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
hardeymijuh:

Thanks for the information, i have also contacted doctoresparati. My wife will be due in Jan next year but i want to plan ahead and get everything settled before then.
@peacenigeria, wen did you travel to the US and which airline did you use? was there any issue at point of entry. Myself nd my wife are considering travelling when she is about 34 weeks. will there be any issue at the point of entry. Please advise

Ur wife and I are due almost same time lets plan 2geda plan on using doctores too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
imadebaby:

Ur wife and I are due almost same time lets plan 2geda plan on using doctores too

@imadebaby...Sure..No probs..that would be good
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dancewith: 11:02am On Jul 07, 2013
sweetg: Kindly quote the website am, as I already told them all of these. I understand diff states have their laws. I get informations and research before doing things

Accepting medicaid for ur child is in no way illegal, as long as ur child is American and you qualifies.

Am yet to see this reflected on the parent's records. I am also yet to see a visa refusal on this ground, for those I know that used medicaid for their kids.

Some states like chicago have moms and babies program, which allows both anericans and birth tourist to have kids at little or no fees, provided they apply for and qualify for the program.

This too does not reflect on any body's record. At least not that I know of. Records are kept for debtors and these deliquent accounts are shared amongst govt agencies hence immigration can see them too. But these are for deliquent accounts.

It is all well and good if you can pay for all cost. But if you have the right information and can legally reduce ur cost, go for it. Its like saying a student should be penalized cos he was able to get scholarship while his fellow students paid in full by themselves.

The system works same way for tax evasion and tax avoidance. One is illegal, the other is legal. But both aims at paying less tax

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
dancewith:

Accepting medicaid for ur child is in no way illegal, as long as ur child is American and you qualifies.

Am yet to see this reflected on the parent's records. I am also yet to see a visa refusal on this ground, for those I know that used medicaid for their kids.

Some states like chicago have moms and babies program, which allows both anericans and birth tourist to have kids at little or no fees, provided they apply for and qualify for the program.

This too does not reflect on any body's record. At least not that I know of. Records are kept for debtors and these deliquent accounts are shared amongst govt agencies hence immigration can see them too. But these are for deliquent accounts.

It is all well and good if you can pay for all cost. But if you have the right information and can legally reduce ur cost, go for it. Its like saying a student should be penalized cos he was able to get scholarship while his fellow students paid in full by themselves.

The system works same way for tax evasion and tax avoidance. One is illegal, the other is legal. But both aims at paying less tax

Good to know

Please could you throw more light on the "Mother and baby" program organised in Chicago and some other states?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Rexwoods: 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hello everyone,
Anybody with experience of child birth in canada, price, hospital and all. Pls help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
peacenigeria: Hello many appoligies for the delayed response, I will try to convey my experience and comparisons as best as possible. As stated before, I had to previous experiences having my previous two children born in the US as well as several of my friends (one whom also recommended doctoresparati.com). As stated above I did get some lower hospital prices from other places, but later figured out the hospital bills do not include most of the physician fees, which is what elevates the prices in the end. As mentioned I did A LOT of homework on which city and clinic I wanted my third child precisely because of my previous experiences.

My reasons for choosing doctoresparati.com were that the provided all the necessary services in one place at a discount (as I was later able to verify upon my arrival) and that they specifically specialize in this type of service for tourists. Needless to say with my previous 2 babies I was quotes prices much lower than doctoresparati.com but came to a rude awakening once we arrived that most of the bills ARE NOT included since everybody works separtely and you will STILL have to pay for all the services, whether you like it or not. In El Paso, everything was already set up, no need to find pediatrician, or other services and they allowed me to bring my medical exams from home, which I was never informed of or allowed to in the previous 2. Melissa (i guess representative from el paso clinic) took the time to explain that these test are in fact mandatory by law and that people are tipically sent to hospital without them when they are late arrivals and the hospital MUST perform these test by law. People I know this is true because it happened to me, and it cost me nearly $1850 additional that i was not quoted or informed of, so I was also very satisfied with this from el paso clinic.

The hospital was also very nice and people seem very friendly, i was informed in the tour of the hospital that all rooms are private and such was the case. Lodging was also a main factor in us deciding to choose El Paso, since the price of lodging still made the service much cheaper than when we stayed in the other cities with our relatives. As mentioned, i was very please and the service and professionalism they offerred and from the begining we were able to tell that the service was different since they always responded promptly to all our emails. In all honestly, just as the people above mentioned we truely were very pleased with the price (which was dramatically lower) and more so with the service (which was dramatically better) and wish we would have heard of them earlier. I think, that as a tourist, if you plan on having your baby in the US you should consider having it with them as they specialize on specifically this type of service. I hope this helps.

@ Peacenigeria, thanks for this info. you have really help a lot.
Please which flight did you use to el paso, i have tried to check online..still struggling to get one. Which airport did you first arrive in the US? was there any issue at immigration? I also intend to complete all payments before travelling. Any other info that would assist will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dancewith: 6:30am On Jul 08, 2013
bettymafy:

Good to know

Please could you throw more light on the "Mother and baby" program organised in Chicago and some other states?

This program is done by the state of chicago. You may need to google it to get more informatin.

It does not apply outside of chicago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 8:23am On Jul 08, 2013
tobiojo2002: .
I booked deLta I actually checked their policy. There is no restriction for preg women .I hope and pray it. All works out well

@everyone
Does anybod have any experience ttravelling that late in pregnancy please. Share ur exprience

@tobiojo.. how did you book delta please. what website because on delta.com, they apparently dont fly from nigeria undecided. does anyone else know how. the flight prices for october are ridiculoussssss shocked ... help oh biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 08, 2013
Phema: Hello all, please how easy is it for a couple who haven't been abroad before to be granted a BI/B2 Visa for birthing purpose at the US embassy?

Is there anyone here who was granted this category of Visa as a first time traveller with a virgin Passport after revealing birthing intentions to the Consular?

What do you advice this couple to do? Do they stand any chance at all?

Please, I await your responses as they will go along way in making a decision.

Thanks everyone.

Can someone please respond to my post? Have u been given US visa as a first timer abroad for birthing purposes? Or do u know someone who has?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bolanleife(f): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2013
@tobiojo.. how did you book delta please. what website because on delta.com, they apparently dont fly from nigeria . does anyone else know how. the flight prices for october are ridiculoussssss ... help oh biko

Hello, I think you should try waka now. and try not to make your travelling date fall into week ends. I think it helps. all the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Rexwoods: 11:28am On Jul 08, 2013
Rexwoods: Hello everyone,
Anybody with experience of child birth in canada, price, hospital and all. Pls help.
Anyone with birthing experience in canada pls respond to my post. Thnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 2good(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
bolanleife: @tobiojo.. how did you book delta please. what website because on delta.com, they apparently dont fly from nigeria . does anyone else know how. the flight prices for october are ridiculoussssss ... help oh biko

Hello, I think you should try waka now. and try not to make your travelling date fall into week ends. I think it helps. all the best.

You have to book KLM to fly Delta Airline from Amsterdam to the US. Flight cost is very ridiculously high depending also on the airline you book through. It actually cost me about 2,000 USD to book my flight to the US after my wife gave birth to our son mainly because I booked the flight like 4 days before I was to fly and I used KLM. Also the flight I booked was the cheapest of all my options and I had to fly first from my base in Europe to Amsterdam, then to Manchester before connecting through Delta to Atlanta. But other airlines like Turkish airline might be cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
2good:

You have to book KLM to fly Delta Airline from Amsterdam to the US. Flight cost is very ridiculously high depending also on the airline you book through. It actually cost me about 2,000 USD to book my flight to the US after my wife gave birth to our son mainly because I booked the flight like 4 days before I was to fly and I used KLM. Also the flight I booked was the cheapest of all my options and I had to fly first from my base in Europe to Amsterdam, then to Manchester before connecting through Delta to Atlanta. But other airlines like Turkish airline might be cheaper.

I booked at delta office at the airportits easier that.way, they open by 4pm every day, I advise u fly direct that one sure way to get there without connectingflight hassles itw mqy be very expensive now but do the cost benefit its very worth it I assure you.
I know once I,m out of 9ja I have no other worries by God's grace.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 8:53am On Jul 09, 2013
thanks peeps...i will use wakanow to book.

For the lady asking about going to give birth for the first time in the US... just scroll up..i am a first timer and they gave me visa...i had more than enough money to show that i was not going to run away and i told them i was pregnant..i think it helps if u apply along with your husband.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2013
Phema:

Can someone please respond to my post? Have u been given US visa as a first timer abroad for birthing purposes? Or do u know someone who has?

my passport was not virgin though..i schooled in the uk and my husband also had been to the UK several times... so i am not sure about a virgin passport... but i can tell you that if you have excess money in your account... they will likely give you...pay slips, employment letter..all those things to show that u will come back.. if u have life insurance policies, include that...your rent details or if u pwn a house etc... hubby and i took all docs possible althought they did not even ask to see them but just so u are prepared..being a virgin passport and all...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
hi guys..sorry to digress a bit..but has anyone done shopping on amazon.com from nigeria? not .co.uk oh...their US site.. how did you pay? do they accept debit naira cards or does it have to be a credit card??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
ringofGod:

my passport was not virgin though..i schooled in the uk and my husband also had been to the UK several times... so i am not sure about a virgin passport... but i can tell you that if you have excess money in your account... they will likely give you...pay slips, employment letter..all those things to show that u will come back.. if u have life insurance policies, include that...your rent details or if u pwn a house etc... hubby and i took all docs possible althought they did not even ask to see them but just so u are prepared..being a virgin passport and all...

Thanks awhole lot! That was helpful especially the document part.
Safe trip, safe delivery to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 11:41am On Jul 11, 2013
Does anyone have an idea of the cost of birthing in New york?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2013
Where is everybody? This place is just too quiet ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by doted: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hello All,

Please i'ld also like to know if the immigration guys give pregnant women issues at the point of entry into the US.

thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hi Everyone.
i have a few questions because i am going to the US to have my baby. me and my husband where granted visa's despite the fact i told the questioning officer i was pregnant. We just had to prove we had enough funds in our account.
1) We looking for an affordable accommodation and hospital in Atlanta.That is the cheapest grin i really would appreciate several options.
2) In elpaso for an 8week stay how much would the hospital and accommodation bill cost in total on an average, also what flights do they have available, How do one fly there cos am sure there are several connecting flights to this destination.
3) Do we have anyone in this forum going to Elpaso or atlanta in September, as all family and friends stay in the expensive and big cities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 13, 2013
Peacenigeria gave an estimate of Doctoresparati and insuite hotel bills, totaling about 1.2M naira (I think that includes feeding too). Flighfare should be about 400k max return, for one person. Everything amounts to about 1.6M. So, I think 2M should be enough to cover a non complicated delivery in Elpaso (Doctoresparati to be precise).

Are you going with your husband? Then just add his flight far and feeding to the bills. Say in the region of 2.5M. Now, this is just an estimate. U will do yourself a great deal of good if you go with more than enough money, just incase. . .

I think Delta airline flies directly to Atlanta from Nigeria. Check their website.

Also check the doctoresparati site. U will get the breakdwon of everything there. U will also get some recommended cheap hotels. I think the cheapest is the Insuite hotels. They charge per week and its just 3mins drive from the hospital. Check it out. Goodluck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
Whites: Hi Mrs Bee,

I'm planning on traveling some time in September- and leaning towards El Paso. When exactly are you due, and have you decided between Atlanta and El Paso?
@ Whites, Which airline are you going with to EL Paso and how long do you intend to stay in El Paso? Any reservations yet?

@ all,ANy idea about how long it takes to get birth certificate, passport n naija visa for the new born
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2013
Whites: Mrs. Bee, I haven't yet booked the flight and I'm not even sure how long I will be there. The thing is, I do not want to fly there at the very late stages- and after delivery I should hopefully be there for 4 weeks or so, as I do not want to fly back with a baby much younger than that. How late into your pregnancy are you thinking of going there?

When do u intend to go as I want to go around September and stay a few months
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2013
Whites: @Mrs. Bee, please check your email. Thanks
I haven't received any mail, please do resend. I think i have changed my mind completely, God so good i haven't paid for the ticket i booked. I found another hospital in Phoenix with very good testimonies and affordable birthing plan. Maricopa Integrated health system. I am looking at traveling at 34 weeks at would be 1st week of September.

1)NORMAL womanly DELIVERY OPTION (WITH OR WITHOUT) EPIDURAL
This option covers the cost of a normal womanly delivery and post-partum hospital stay up to two (2) days at MMC for the mother and baby.

You must pay $3,850 within the next 90 days or before discharge after delivery whichever comes first.____ (initial)
Or
You must pay $ 2,888 in full now (25% discount for payment at signing). ____ (initial)

2)UNPLANNED CESAREAN SECTION DELIVERY
For those mothers that sign up for a Normal womanly Delivery Option (Options #1 or #2 above), you understand that this Maternity Package Plan Agreement does not cover that and that you will be responsible for the additional cost of an Emergency Cesarean Section delivery and hospital stay up to four (4) days at MMC for the mother and baby. You must pay in full $1,750 within 90 days after you are discharged from delivering your baby at MMC. ____ (initial)

3. PLANNED CESAREAN SECTION DELIVERY
This option covers the cost of a planned Cesarean Section delivery and post-partum hospital stay up to four (4) days at MMC for the mother and baby.

You must pay $5,600 within the next 90 days or before discharge after delivery whichever comes first.____ (initial)
Or
You must pay $ 4,200 in full now (25% discount for payment at signing). ____ (initial)

4. TWINS - $200.
This option adds $200 if you deliver twins at MMC. If it is discovered that you will be delivering twins after care has started, then this amount will be added to the cost of your package. (Not eligible for the 25% payment in full discount). _____ (initial)

EXCLUSIONS: The Maternity Package Plan does not cover any of the following costs: multiple births other than twins, circumcisions, X-rays, , anesthesia services (other than those needed for delivery or tubal ligation), special care nursery, family planning, birth control (unless administered in hospital), extended hospital stay due to complication medical care and physician consulting outside of the OB GYN specialty, amniocentesis, nuchal transluscency / first trimester screening, Genetic Testing, and Lab tests sent outside of MIHS for processing. You will be responsible for those extra charges. ________ (initial)

If you visit the website of the hospital you would get more detail, http://www.mihs.org The fees include every thing, Hospital,obgyn, pediatrician etc. I followed the trend from anoda group on nairaland and 2 ladies had their babies there. and there has been alot of testimonies. They even appeared on times magazine etc. i hope this information is useful.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 11:19am On Jul 15, 2013
Mrs Bee:
I haven't received any mail, please do resend. I think i have changed my mind completely, God so good i haven't paid for the ticket i booked. I found another hospital in Phoenix with very good testimonies and affordable birthing plan. Maricopa Integrated health system. I am looking at traveling at 34 weeks at would be 1st week of September.

1)NORMAL womanly DELIVERY OPTION (WITH OR WITHOUT) EPIDURAL
This option covers the cost of a normal womanly delivery and post-partum hospital stay up to two (2) days at MMC for the mother and baby.

You must pay $3,850 within the next 90 days or before discharge after delivery whichever comes first.____ (initial)
Or
You must pay $ 2,888 in full now (25% discount for payment at signing). ____ (initial)

Furthermore, following delivery at MMC, you will receive a refund for $250.00. This Plan is not limited to Maricopa County residents, and does not have any income requirements. And they take pregnant woman at 35 weeks too.
2)UNPLANNED CESAREAN SECTION DELIVERY
For those mothers that sign up for a Normal womanly Delivery Option (Options #1 or #2 above), you understand that this Maternity Package Plan Agreement does not cover that and that you will be responsible for the additional cost of an Emergency Cesarean Section delivery and hospital stay up to four (4) days at MMC for the mother and baby. You must pay in full $1,750 within 90 days after you are discharged from delivering your baby at MMC. ____ (initial)

3. PLANNED CESAREAN SECTION DELIVERY
This option covers the cost of a planned Cesarean Section delivery and post-partum hospital stay up to four (4) days at MMC for the mother and baby.

You must pay $5,600 within the next 90 days or before discharge after delivery whichever comes first.____ (initial)
Or
You must pay $ 4,200 in full now (25% discount for payment at signing). ____ (initial)

4. TWINS - $200.
This option adds $200 if you deliver twins at MMC. If it is discovered that you will be delivering twins after care has started, then this amount will be added to the cost of your package. (Not eligible for the 25% payment in full discount). _____ (initial)

EXCLUSIONS: The Maternity Package Plan does not cover any of the following costs: multiple births other than twins, circumcisions, X-rays, , anesthesia services (other than those needed for delivery or tubal ligation), special care nursery, family planning, birth control (unless administered in hospital), extended hospital stay due to complication medical care and physician consulting outside of the OB GYN specialty, amniocentesis, nuchal transluscency / first trimester screening, Genetic Testing, and Lab tests sent outside of MIHS for processing. You will be responsible for those extra charges. ________ (initial)

If you visit the website of the hospital you would get more detail, http://www.mihs.org The fees include every thing, Hospital,obgyn, pediatrician etc. I followed the trend from anoda group on nairaland and 2 ladies had their babies there. and there has been alot of testimonies. They even appeared on times magazine etc. i hope this information is useful.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.