Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1388229 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tvegas:
My brother,Scroll up again and check out the way she smiled when she replied you. Thats some good sign,Send her a PM first and forget the single and searching stuff,a girl is single until she is engaged or married. wink .
shocked This your logic is not correct o cool

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
IyawoToBe:
shocked This your logic is not correct o cool
Am not a marriage counselor, am still a newbie in that area, add the missing link and correct my wrong points grin, Me i just want Justwise to make a move and not miss better thing. Thats all.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
Naniakay:
Hello Lisamaris, when would you be travelling? I'm Houston bound too and travelling in December.

I'm still checking on accommodation. I have checked with a lady who owns Precious Cedars where they take care of your accommodation, transportation and feeding. Has anyone used them? I read about them in a previous post but no detailed info has been released yet. Please help a sister in need o. Any useful info on cheap accommodation around Oakbend will be highly appreciated.
I am yet to get any useful info on accomodation in the houston area. I contacted miramar apartments, which was used by a nairalander but i was told that the least they can do is a 6 months lease. I have contacted several other agents and i am awaiting their reply. I will post any good info i get. I am travelling about the same time as you too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
GenoMI:
Hello @Naniakay and @lisamarris, @Tvegas and I are also Houston bound in December and are still looking for accommodation. We can try and see if we can come up with something together / share if you guys are interested.

That will be awesome. Please i am interested. I am also searching at my end and will post any useful info i get.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Naniakay:
Hi GenoMI, I am o. Please let me know the plans. I need somewhere close to the hospital as I would be alone. Did you hear about the Precious Cedars lady? I spoke with her already and she sent me some pics of her apartments...

please what does she charge? how can i contact her? thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
folusho2001:
Pls, I'm also interested in oakbend hospital. Will follow you up cos I'll be traveling after you. Kindly share your findings. Thanks

Gigi and others using Oakbend or dr Fagboun.5he actually suggested it to some of his patients.you can contact the person below:

Ruth Okiomah
Precious Cedars Mother Care
22011 Rustic Canyon Lane
Richmond, Texas, 77469,  USA
Tel: Deleted
E-mail: Deleted

For pictures you can contact me.i cldnt download d pictures here.also let her know you frm folusho. thanks,lookn at a way we can get discounts from her.

Justwise hope I didnt breach ds time.thanks

pls help with more info pn precious cedars.thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
D promo is still on but am afraid u might not get seat for d exact day u want ..
My hubby called to book for Nov to come bak Dec after I told him abt d awuf ticket but was told dat its been fully booked till Dec...but he got a seat for February 19
BVNO:
Hello beautiful Mamas and Papas in the house.

Please is the promo still on going?

I called wakanow requesting for the promo package, I was asked to send an email, which I did.I got a response few hours later, the cost the gave me was N666210, for United. Meanwhile I asked for Delta 'promo' economy and the cost for upgrade to premium economy.

Pls can someone help me out to confirm if the promo is still on going.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 2:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
tenic09:
D promo is still on but am afraid u might not get seat for d exact day u want ..
My hubby called to book for Nov to come bak Dec after I told him abt d awuf ticket but was told dat its been fully booked till Dec...but he got a seat for February 19

Make dem no book am finish o. Can't I reserve my seat and pay later?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
No problem, I will let you know whatever we come up with as well smiley

lisamarris:

That will be awesome. Please i am interested. I am also searching at my end and will post any useful info i get.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Naniakay: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hi Lisamarris, her prices range from $1,500 to $2,000 depending on the kind of accommodation. Recently she mentioned to me that they can do just accommodation though i've not confirmed the price.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
Naniakay:
Hi Lisamarris, her prices range from $1,500 to $2,000 depending on the kind of accommodation. Recently she mentioned to me that they can do just accommodation though i've not confirmed the price.

If she can do just accomodation i will prefer it since i will be having company.I dont know how u can get her number to me.hmmmmm before it is tagged advertising.i will really want to reach her
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
GenoMI:
Hello @Naniakay and @lisamarris, @Tvegas and I are also Houston bound in December and are still looking for accommodation. We can try and see if we can come up with something together / share if you guys are interested.

Genomi i didnt see your email.i just stumbled on this you can check it out. http://nicechaperone86.vpweb.com/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks @lisamarris, I will do that now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
GenoMI:
Thanks @lisamarris, I will do that now

The contact is on the website. I am yet to call.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
Haba? @Tvegas, because i smiled now abi, now I'm frowning #frowns#

Tvegas:
Scroll up again and check out the way she smiled when she replied you. Thats some good sign,Send her a PM first and forget the single and searching stuff,a girl is single until she is engaged or married. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
sayoberry:
pls can any one refer me to the page where franchesca (of mihs) number was posted or.pls resend it.
thanks

+16023445011. Call and request to speak with Francesca Hernendez (Women's Clinic Financial Counsellor). Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
Just called delta. The prices are up to 116k.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
Snowles:
Good people, please has anyone used University medical center in el paso? I've got some quotes but not detailed. Thanks in advance!

Pls what quote did they give you? do you have a doctor yet? Trying to look for other options in Elpaso coz I want to try VBAC.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
@Tvegas,

Can you please expand your advice that I should package her finances well as i dont want to leave any stone unturned.
Her finances are not as solid as mine and thus I am the sponsor of the trip
Also where it says monthly income, is it expected that one states his year income prorated by 12 months or one should state the net monthly income after tax,pensions,national housing all other bebe looo deductions. It think this was one of my previous application downfall as i stated after all deductions

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
MerryMom:
@Tvegas, na the story wey my agent give me be that too. 250 dollars to cancel ticket and it won't be refunded till 9 weeks.

Why dem dey do like this? Them know say people go dey cancel tickets na. Wickedness in high places.

Anywayz, I've moved on. Make person no dey high BP with pregnancy. God will replenish my pocket(s).

@MerryMom: Amen. I went for my own refund at Emirate and they said its 33k each for the 3 tickets. I asked them how much it will cost to change to Summer. They said 14k each with tax. So na to go for summer be that ooo. The ticket has heard it from Dallas to Houston now to NY. I hope I won't change it again but if I see awoof hmmmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
@bomly so sorry about your experience, but grateful that in the end all turned out well. I'm loving your positive attitude inspite of every. Pls for all who have booked this delta promo ticket, is it possible by any chance to move dates either forward or backward? My hubby caved in to the temptation and booked his ticket yesterday for nov. 20th (my edd is for 29th) but I'm just thinking that if need be that baby decides to come b4 that 20th how possible will it be got him to move the date forward? He booked thru waka now and honestly sometimes i don't understand those pple. Because it's our first and I really want him to not miss any of the delivery action.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
PrinceAdeAde:
@Tvegas,Can you please expand your advice that I should package her finances well as i dont want to leave any stone unturned.Her finances are not as solid as mine and thus I am the sponsor of the trip. Also where it says monthly income, is it expected that one states his year income prorated by 12 months or one should state the net monthly income after tax,pensions,national housing all other bebe looo deductions. It think this was one of my previous application downfall as i stated after all deductions Thanks
The problem is,its difficult to give a straight answer as every applicants case differs. The best is to read through those who have successfully had their visa approved to learn what they did right. About the income, i posted an answer on it few pages back, what is needed is a yearly average after tax and deductions. You have applied once with a monthly figure,it wont be wise to change it significantly within a short period.
adebrave:
Haba? @Tvegas, because i smiled now abi, now I'm frowning #frowns#
Dont frown, keep smiling. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Hello Bomly,
Congrats on the safe arrival of your baby and thank God thatyou are both fine now.
Well, for some strange reason, the mihs pple didn't do you too well but we thank God sha. As I was reading your story, I didn't have to read to the end to have known that they shld have hooked you up to magsulphate asap because your symptoms were clearly that of preeclampsia. Its a good think your baby came out at that time because anyth longer than that, you'd have gone into seizures and required a stat c-section. Preeclampsia hits your blood, liver and placenta very fast which explains why your bloodwork took a while to clear up after delivery. Am explaining all this because I want you to realise that God truly delivered you and ur baby so give thanks my sister.

Anyways, I hope you are not leaving phoenix asap because some bills are still coming your way o. All your additional treatments, meds (mag sulph), pathology, tests (CT scan), pathology, NICU, + NICU Pediatrician, Baby's labs, Emergency room etc will not be covered by mihs maternity package. Pls wait for your bills and pay them all. Yes your bills are gonna be heavy but you can and should negotiate heavily too. Pls pay all your bills without exception and don't take medicaid no matter how they try to lure you so you won't jeopardise your chances of entering the US in future.
Pls continue to monitor your bp closely and avoid oily and salty foods. Also make sure you don't stress yourself too much, whenever you have a headache/migrane, pls check your bp and slow down.
It is well with you my sister. It will end in praise!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ladies pls sorry if I have to take anyone back....kindly pls remind me of that hospital wit the package in Florida that came up earlier...my sister in law is actually heading that way.yhank u guys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
This is for the Atlanta mums. Please could you provide the process of baby documentation for Atlanta as it seems I might need to do mine there. Can't remember if this has been asked before so pls pardon me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
@Bomly it is well with you. Just make sure you take care of yourself now to avoid reoccurrence. Pray for divine favor concerning the bills. God will see you through.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
PrinceAdeAde,
Sorry about the visa denial o. I thought you already had your visa when we spoke. I pray it'll be granted when you and madam retry. All the best Sir.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
See them! My nairaland people don buy all the promo tickets finish so tey my office people no see tickets buy.

I don tell them so I know the people wey buy all the promo tickets, dem dey nairaland. Abi I lie? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
@ damsel. Congratulation for safe delivery. pls can you advise on where to stay in Richmond? especially somewhere closer to Dr Fagbohun.
damsel020:
All thanks to God and the great people of this thread. Am finally home with my son just 3weeks after birth. I used doctor fagbohun and I had a wonderful birthing experience at oakbend hospital.
Doctor bill= 1920
Initial vist= 150
Ultrasound =150
Lab work= 550
Pathology me and my baby= 63
Epidural = 850
Hospital fee = 2150

As for document, I got d birth certificate from Fort Bend County Richmond after a week for $23, got his passport at Houston passport agency and collected same day for $165, and applied for Nigeria visa which I received back d next day and zoom I changed my ticket and am off.
And for those having issues with delta airline and baby's ticket, I called them. them a week before departure to book baby's ticket and they told me $458, I gave them my card details to remove d fee, fortunately that was not done, on getting to d airport in Houston I was practically begging he lady to collect the money and she said am not owing that infant has been added to my ticket and dat I did myself online. I sha left for Atlanta o, when I got to the boarding gate they asked for my infant ticket, confusion starts, had to go back all the way to the help desk to clear d issue, those ones said am yet to pay, they called and told me am to pay $132.10 I thought I didn't hear well, I gave him d money all for him to tell me it's a mistake that my fee is $458, but I can go cos have been standing here for so long. I was jumping for d miracle, I met anoda naija mum there trying to also pay for baby's ticket, my people the woman no pay she was giving them different drama of no money, they delayed her but immediately d flight was ready to leave they released her, so dats anoda style.....Am willing to help any Houston bound mum with there questions, my little way of giving back to this wonderful family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.