Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,348 members, 7,868,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1389180 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2014
wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2014
MerryMom:
I'm heading to El Paso mid next month. Any mamas?

Hi MerryMom,

I will be in elpaso by the first weekend in November. Will be staying at Intown suites.

Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 11:03am On Oct 24, 2014
hopefulme:
That was the end of the interview. Wish it didn't go this way
1.Please let us see the above and rub minds together so that we can address the issue raised by the VO.
2.The VO seem so certain and body language says a lot.
3.He actually requested for a doctors appointment. Saying licensed doctor ( this could help others getting doctors)
4.He said affiliated doctors are mostly found on the web of the hospital or can be confirmed from the hospital (Will be confirming today if doctoresparati is affiliated. would do research to confirm)
5. I think the letter of medical responsibility should be signed

I find this transcript personally painful because it is obvious you are well qualified for the NIV but the Doctors appointment cost you. Its also painful because i came to this site as soon as we had similar experience to sound the caveat to intending applicants to consider other options. The issue was between the female VOs in Lagos but i guess its spreading to the males.

There is nothing stopping applicants from applying with other Doctor's letter and after obtaining the visa,head to EL PASO to birth if that's what they prefer. Some successfully used the letter recently so it has become a 50/50 thing. You should re-apply ASAP with another's Doctors letter and explain this situation to them at the next interview,the VO has said it all so there is little brainstorming to be done here. Unofficially or Officially Doctores Para ti Letter has become a ground for refusal.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2014
raii:

Yaaayyyy. Thought you joined awon Tvegas to port.
Naa...no b only mi sef! We are 3 but them no dey this forum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adebunny: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2014
MerryMom:
I'm heading to El Paso mid next month. Any mamas?

Am also Elpaso bound first week in Nov. But all this negative reviews by the VO is making me develope cold feet about using their letter at the POE.
Any suggestion on how to deal with this as I already purchased my ticket to Elpaso so using another Dr's letter at POE will be a bit difficult at this stage.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 11:22am On Oct 24, 2014
hopefulme:

That was the end of the interview. Wish it didn't go this way sad. I know some people must have used it doctores and it worked and may be using doctores which might also work. I accept that because all animals are not equal. But
1.Please let us see the above and rub minds together so that we can address the issue raised by the VO.
2.The VO seem so certain and body language says a lot.
3.He actually requested for a doctors appointment. Saying licensed doctor ( this could help others getting doctors)
4.He said affiliated doctors are mostly found on the web of the hospital or can be confirmed from the hospital (Will be confirming today if doctoresparati is affiliated. would do research to confirm)
5. I think the letter of medical responsibility should be signed

Good luck to us all. Please let us keep up the good work o this thread. Am really glad I read it all..........Cheers.

Hello Hopefulme,

So sorry about your experience. We received a lecture from the VO on the day of our interview too regarding the price we were going to pay and how doctoresparati were not the doctors

It seems that they are no longer interested in doctoresparati as an entity and the questions you were asked would definitely have thrown anyone off balance. I think we should try researching the appropriate term for describing doctoresparati cos they are definitely not the doctors or the doctor's office. More like an administrative body..... on the flip side, they are not the administrative office of the hospital so it is quite confusing.

I hope to be in Elpaso by November and I will try to talk to them and see what they can do regarding this development and see if they can provide a doctor's name on the letter of medical responsibility to give it a little more credibility or outrightly give a doctors letter instead.

I hope this wont discourage other people that might want to use Del Sol for birthing smiley

Disclaimer: I AM NOT AN AGENT O!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2014
Adebunny:

Am also Elpaso bound first week in Nov. But all this negative reviews by the VO is making me develope cold feet about using their letter at the POE.
Any suggestion on how to deal with this as I already purchased my ticket to Elpaso so using another Dr's letter at POE will be a bit difficult at this stage.

Hi Adebunny,

I think you should keep calm and get to the border. I doubt that anything concerning recent developments will be an issue as the POE. We were given visas based on the letter of medical responsibility, I dont think they will decide to make your life difficult because of the letter.

Just have your cash, speak the truth and be confident as others have advised. And pray!

The experiences I have heard so far from ladies that have had their babies at del sol has been good. Dont be discouraged or let the issues with the VO affect you.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2014
Hello House,

I will like to inquire on how upgrades on a flight work. i will be using BA and I would like to request for an upgrade to world traveller Plus (premium economy) during the flight. Would I be required to pay extra cash? Or is the upgrade in this case done at the discretion of the flight attendants?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
beautyx5:
Hello House,
I will like to inquire on how upgrades on a flight work. i will be using BA and I would like to request for an upgrade to world traveller Plus (premium economy) during the flight. Would I be required to pay extra cash? Or is the upgrade in this case done at the discretion of the flight attendants?
Thank you in advance for your help!

its both, you can pay upfront and guarantee the seat, or hope and pray that your flight attendant will be magnanimous. Also if the flight is full, free upgrades are more difficult to come by.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Na wa o.

Can we say Doctores Para Ti or Del So Medical Centre doesn't exists? No.

My brain may be overworking but I think what has happened is that plenty people, I mean very very plenty have carried the Doctores Para Ti letter to go (just pay 150 dollars and viola!) and get Visas at the embassy (pregnant or not) and then did something else or went somewhere else with those visas. I may be right or wrong. As a result, they VOs don see the Doctores Para To letter finish and it has started vexing them.

Anywayz, e be like say that road don spoil finish. Na to go find alternative hospitals for people that want to apply in furture cos it's looking like a 50-50 things to get visas with their letter of responsibility. Seeking visas is not an experience someone should be doing kalo kalo with.

@beautyx5 @Adebunny I will also be staying at Intown Suites and looking to get in by 2nd week in November. May God support and guide our plans to fruition. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
The point is that so many people have used their letter, then get the visa and head to another state. So the letter has being over used. I earlier mentioned I didn't like the tone of the letter when they sent mine. no signature, no stamp. just too plain. Anyway they sent me another signed one with a doctors name attached to it and I have even looked up the doctor on Google. Me I don't want wahala at POE. This one they have started doing research, who's to say POE guys ain't doing the same. I am still searching for doctors, just in case.

Those that are yet to get their visas, pls explore other options.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=sayoberry post=27408963]
lol... grin Have you made up ur mind already?[/quote

I have o Sayo. The twins nko? E take easy.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=MerryMom post=27411982]Na wa o.

My brain may be overworking but I think what has happened is that plenty people, I mean very very plenty have carried the Doctores Para Ti letter to go (just pay 150 dollars and viola!) and get Visas at the embassy (pregnant or not) and then did something else or went somewhere else with those visas. I may be right or wrong. As a result, they VOs don see the Doctores Para To letter finish and it has started vexing them.

MerryMom,I wish you were wrong but you aren't.I have seen where people on this thread have advised others to use Doctoresperati letter and then port to somewhere else.We don't know the hundreds of unregistered people who read all these things and just pack so many funny ideas in their heads.God bless those who have given straightforward and candid advice and are still doing so.Please let us not be misleading with our info.Its obvious that those embassy people don tire to see letter from Doctoresperati or maybe na just individual VO mood.

NB-Nobody should ask me again to call someone out even when you know what I am saying is true.If you want to know if people have suggested using the El Paso peeps letter and then port afterwards. Read through the thread and you'l find it.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sadiaalmas: 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Wow! so much information in one place. Not even pregnant yet but with this i am considering it. Now i am following closely.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=ujuch post=27408752]Hi all,

I'm pregnant with triplets and looking for a good and affordable high risk doctor in Houston .

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mwams: 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
MerryMom:
Na wa o.

Anywayz, e be like say that road don spoil finish. Na to go find alternative hospitals for people that want to apply in furture cos it's looking like a 50-50 things to get visas with their letter of responsibility. Seeking visas is not an experience someone should be doing kalo kalo with.

@beautyx5 @Adebunny I will also be staying at Intown Suites and looking to get in by 2nd week in November. May God support and guide our plans to fruition. Amen

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you as I don't see a connection between people using Doctores Para Ti's letter for visa and then heading elsewhere and the visa denial discussed above. The VO was very clear that Doctores Para Ti is not a doctor's office, which anyone who has used them or read about them should already know. They are simply agents linking up patients with Del So Medical Centre, and probably getting a commission or benefitting in some other way through these referrals. This is what the VO seems to have had an issue with. Nowhere was it alleged that they do not exist. For anyone yet to go for their interview, try and get in touch with a doctor and get an appointment letter from them as well as a quotation for their services.

Hopefulme, get in touch with a doctor and reapply. I don't see you having any issues getting the visa.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
@Mwams, read my submission. What I said was that "It has been abused"

Anyways, wetin concern me.

Na so I disagree with @Tvegas until we are here now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Please who has used Qatar airways 2 US? Precisely phoenix? Wats d xperience lk?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenih: 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mwams:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you as I don't see a connection between people using Doctores Para Ti's letter for visa and then heading elsewhere and the visa denial discussed above. The VO was very clear that Doctores Para Ti is not a doctor's office, which anyone who has used them or read about them should already know. They are simply agents linking up patients with Del So Medical Centre, and probably getting a commission or benefitting in some other way through these referrals. This is what the VO seems to have had an issue with. Nowhere was it alleged that they do not exist. For anyone yet to go for their interview, try and get in touch with a doctor and get an appointment letter from them as well as a quotation for their services.

Hopefulme, get in touch with a doctor and reapply. I don't see you having any issues getting the visa.

I disagree with you as well. Doctores Parati are no agent linking up patients with Del so Medical center. Those of us who have used the clinic clearly understand and know the structure. There is just one clinic Eastside women's Health center affiliated to Del sol Medical center with 2 doctors. They are not middle men, Eastside is their clinic.

Its quite unfortunate that things are turning this way with the VOs. I hope they make some changes with the letter of responsibility they provide to increase their credibility with VOs.

By the way, am no agent. I just needed to clear this to help others who are a bit confused about doctoresparati being middle men.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
nenih:
I disagree with you as well. Doctores Parati are no agent linking up patients with Del so Medical center.

I have promised not to get myself involved in some arguments but sorry i just found it difficult to ignore the bolded portion of your post. Please open this link http://www.eastsidewomenshealthcarecenter.com/meet-doctors-women.html The list of East side doctors are clearly stated there.

(1) Why are non of those Doctors listed on Doctoresparati letter?

(2) If Doctores para ti is the clinic why cant they kuku write Eastside Women Health Center on their letterhead?.

(3) So who is Rodolfo and Melissa the guys who answers your email and signs your letter? Are they Medical Doctors on that site NO, so what is their job? they are probably middlemen or agents who understand the industry?

You should also check the Eastside and Del sol websites to see if there is any reference to Doctoresparati. So the question is What is Doctores parati exactly? It's AN AGENCY . Are they very good at what they do? Yes maybe. Have people used them before? Yes Maybe.

To further buttress the AGENCY point of view have you ever seen any Big Doctor or Hospital reporting to customs that a client who used their letter at the Point of entry never showed up for treatment?. NO. A big hospital got no time for such. But Doctores para ti reports you to US Customs if you use their letter without showing up because its purely a business set up. NONE of the things the Visa Officer said is WRONG but if anybody still want to carry the letter to the embassy, i wish them goodluck i can even help them apply. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 5:03pm On Oct 24, 2014
bu:
Hello everyone,I must say this site has really helped me a lot ,got all the information I needed for my interview and I read from the first page to the last and even googled to confirm details.
Myself and hubby went for our interview in Abuja and it went like this:
VO: good morning
Us: Good morning
VO: Where in the US are you going
HUBBY:Dallas
VO: Why
HUBBY: To have our baby
VO :oh Really...Then she faced me and said so you are pregnant
ME: Yes with a smile
VO :How long have you been married
ME: so so months
VO: What do you do
US: We both told her
VO: How much do you earn
US: We told her even tho hubby gave the net figure while we filled the gross amount on the form
VO: When is your due date madam
ME: I told her the month but she asked for the specific date I was given
VO: Can I see the hospital and doctors correspondence
we gave her, then she went to the page when the hospital listed their bills and typed on the system
VO: Can I see your bank statements
US: We gave her with our budget sheet
Then she said she will have to go in with the documents to check and do some calculations....
This took almost 10 mins,I kept on praying and speaking the word, she came back...smiled and said hiii..I replied with a smile and did some typing on the system, returned our documents and told us to pick our visas the day after....
My advice...Plan,Prepare and Pray...Pray ....and pray.

I guess she went in to check the hospital and the doctors address....
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this forum.
congrats on your visa! Pls can you give details of the hospital in Dallas and cost? Tanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
Tvegas:

I have promised not to get myself involved in some arguments but sorry i just found it difficult to ignore the bolded portion of your post. Oya open this link http://www.eastsidewomenshealthcarecenter.com/meet-doctors-women.html The list of East side doctors are clearly stated there.

(2) If Doctores para ti is the clinic why cant they kuku write Eastside Women Health Center on their letterhead?.

(3) So who is Rodolfo and Melissa the guys who answers your email and signs your letter? Are they Medical Doctors on that site NO, so what is their job? they are probably middlemen or agents who understand the industry?

You should also check the Eastside and Del sol websites to see if there is any reference to Doctoresparati. So the question is What is Doctores parati exactly? It's AN AGENCY . Are they very good at what they do? Yes maybe. Have people used them before? Yes Maybe.

To further buttress the AGENCY point of view have you ever seen any Big Doctor or Hospital reporting to customs that a client who used their letter at the Point of entry never showed up for treatment?. NO. A big hospital got no time for such. But Doctores para ti reports you to US Customs if you use their letter without showing up because its purely a business set up. NONE of the things the Visa Officer said is WRONG but if anybody still want to carry the letter to the embassy, i wish them goodluck i can even help them apply. Cheers
wow shocked This is an eye opener. Going by this, why don't people deal with the hospital directly then? Or the hospital doesn't accept patients except those that comes through doctoresparatti?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zmoney: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
@damsel020, pls I have some questions.
1 . Did u get a call when the birth cert was ready and did u expedite it?
2. Do I need to book an appointment before going to d passport office downtown? What should I go with so I can get it same day?
Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenih: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
Tvegas:

I have promised not to get myself involved in some arguments but sorry i just found it difficult to ignore the bolded portion of your post. Oya open this link http://www.eastsidewomenshealthcarecenter.com/meet-doctors-women.html The list of East side doctors are clearly stated there.

@Tvegas, I really do not want to get into these arguments just wanted to clear the air for those intending to use them. Mellissa and Rodolfo both work in the admin section of the Clinic, Rodolfo is the Director of Admissions. Just like every other clinic in the US, there are people in charge admin and records, the doctors are also on site as well.

By the way, its not a big hospital like you mentioned but a clinic and if they decide to report those not turning up, I guess its their business.

Now, the signing issue might be something they might need to change going forward. But if you ask me or anyone who has been there, they are not middle men.

Back to silent mode. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mwams: 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
nenih:

@Tvegas, I really do not want to get into these arguments just wanted to clear the air for those intending to use them. Mellissa and Rodolfo both work in the admin section of the Clinic, Rodolfo is the Director of Admissions. Just like every other clinic in the US, there are people in charge admin and records, the doctors are also on site as well.

By the way, its not a big hospital like you mentioned but a clinic and if they decide to report those not turning up, I guess its their business.

Now, the signing issue might be something they might need to change going forward. But if you ask me or anyone who has been there, they are not middle men.

Back to silent mode. Cheers

@nenih, I'm sorry but you are denying the obvious...They are agents and I totally agree with Tvegas.

Their Letter of Responsibility states thus (in Spanish): Doctores Para Ti somos el enlace con tu doctor especializado (on the letter head). This in English translates to: We are the link to your specialized doctor.

Now, why would a doctor's office refer themselves as a link to your doctor This in addition to the issues raised above by Tvegas and especially the question as to why not send the letter under Eastside Women Health Center.

Anyhow, everyone is free to believe what they want to believe. No one is saying there is anything wrong with them, but just the fact that they are agents and not doctors.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Meeracle: 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hello mamas...just joined today...@uju am also expecting triplets am already in Houston and am using west houston medical center..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
Parson me y'all but after the child is born and brought back to Naija, to what extent are tax payments to be made or when does tax payments start?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
right here putting finishing touches to our outro towards mihs come January. in all na baba God...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
raii:
Parson me y'all but after the child is born and brought back to Naija, to what extent are tax payments to be made or when does tax payments start?

What do u mean by tax payment? Tax payment on behalf of the child?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.