Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,287 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380400 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2014
Heliano:
Abeg anyone travelling to philly for delivery abeg holla I am alone in a big apartment and need coy.

Babe, i done find you taya!!!! i no see your response, quoted you earlier asking how you were able to pay to Delaware, you didn't answer sad ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 11:14am On Nov 06, 2014
Tanx everyone. @PrinceAdeAde it was in abj.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2014
grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2014
Good mrn house...thank God am finally out of the hsp after 3weeks of bed arrest...pls I have a question...
Has anyone with fibroid issue during pregnancy had their baby in us....I want to know if there is additional bill attached to this....I did some scans during my stay in the hsp and they found out I av a 24mm sized fibroid in me..I think it was the cause for the spotting I had that took me to d hsp...though my doc said its nothing to worry abt as d size is very small and it hardly grows with the pregnancy(+ my personal findings on d internet)
I really want to know if this will not add much to my bills ..thnx in advance for ur kind response...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 11:35am On Nov 06, 2014
Got a reply from the Embassy today, Thank God, Now I am @ peace...

Dear Mrs **** ,

Thank you for your inquiry. Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival.  Healthcare in the United States is expensive, including costs associated with child birth, and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received.  Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment. 

We hope this information is helpful to you. Congratulations to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Consular Section

US EMBASSY
ABUJA, NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hello,
No it will not add to your bills in any way. Nothing to worry abt. If the fibroids were an issue you won't have conceived in the first place. Drink lots of water, eat & rest well. You'll be alright. When you are done with childbearing you can choose to remove your fibroids but for now, nothing do you.
Cheers

tenic09:
Good mrn house...thank God am finally out of the hsp after 3weeks of bed arrest...pls I have a question...
Has anyone with fibroid issue during pregnancy had their baby in us....I want to know if there is additional bill attached to this....I did some scans during my stay in the hsp and they found out I av a 24mm sized fibroid in me..I think it was the cause for the spotting I had that took me to d hsp...though my doc said its nothing to worry abt as d size is very small and it hardly grows with the pregnancy(+ my personal findings on d internet)
I really want to know if this will not add much to my bills ..thnx in advance for ur kind response...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
seemorejoy:
Where are all mothers here, the forum is so quiet, Where is Raii? What's the latest update about your interview or you don't want to apply again.

I dey here o. Gathering arsenal for the interview.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
sayoberry:

*Lays hand on the post* father i humbly snatch this testimony in Jesus name. because if i tap from it i may get small portion. im favoured in Jesus name.
amen. amen. amen. Fire.
grin

Laying hands too o. Iya beji you too never get visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
My interview went dis way

Vo: good morning
Me: good morning (with a smile)
Vo: where do you work (looking seriously @d computer and giving me hard glances)
Me: I work with xyz for x-yrs now
Vo: what do you do there
Me: I do..... begin to list the things I filled on d form
Vo: (she cuts in) ohk ok (guess I was talking plenty, lol) how much do you earn
Me: I earn...
Vo: what was that?
Me: I earn... (then she nods)
Vo: where in d us are you going to
Me: Atlanta Georgia
Vo: why atlanta
Me: America has so many beautiful places to visit but atlanta really caught my attention. I will like to visit... I began to mention tourist sites -google tins
Vo: (cuts in) ohk ok. Have you ever traveled outside nigeria before
Me: no no I haven't, this would be my first
Vo: pick up ur visa on Friday bla bla

Note: I applied for b1/b2 cos that was d plan from beginning den use d visa next year for birthing, however I took in as plans were already on the way. So I'll use it for vacation then d main thing next year
Sorry for the delayed and long post

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
@ raii that's good gathering arsenals. But I will advise you go alone this time. And I believe there won't be refused or denied.

@tenic9 I dey sorry for your health you did not tell me earlier self. God will help us. I don't want you to stess at all let's go TX.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
good day all,

kudos to u all for the work done here for people like us to enjoy, God bless and reward u all. i have read all the pages from page 1 to 222 (not an easy task, bin on it for weeks now), just got to the end now and would like to ask some questions/seek advice, sorry if it has been mentioned, i must have missed it.

1) my husband, son and i got our b1/b2 visas september this year, the purpose when asked was for vacation, although i was 4months preg but not showing, now that we have decided to have our baby in the US, and amidst all these POS horror stories, can someone comment on our chances, we have taken preventive measures like sending a mail to the US consulate and gotten a response, we have also decided to route the journey to el-paso through new york and avoid Houston and Atlanta POEs, dont think i read anyone with a situation like ours that scaled through POE easily.

2) For those that have travelled or about to travel to el-paso from Lagos, how did you buy your tickets as i am aware there are no direct flights to el-paso from Lagos, please note that we are trying to avoid Houston POE.

tanx in anticipation, abeg no take my post chop groundnut o grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
It shouldn't be a problem, but my sis in law had a similar issue last year and had to do an emergency c-section cos the fibroid was hindering her baby's oxygen or something. She ended up with a $23k bill cos her baby was also placed in the nicu for 2 days to stabilise her breathing. They ended up beating the bill down to $17k and had to spread payment over many months.

I'll suggest to talk to your doctor about having a CS (if you haven't already) to avoid any emergency or unforseen costs.

tenic09:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
This Houston POE self I tired.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
@moniyet
lol, i really don't think you have a problem, i would have said you should send a mail to the embassy, but you did that already. Just print the email and add to your " Burden of proof". Pray to God, you should be fine...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heliano(f): 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dear Kiz, sorry I hv been around, actually got a B1/B2 visa, early last year, and then went for vac August this year and Delaware ws the cheapest just walked in and made enquiries, paid part of the bills got my receipts
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
smiley welcome and welldone.
One of the elpaso mamas will answer your flight questions, but as for POE - shebi u've emailed the embassy, you have your doctors correspondence and you are well prepared to fund your trip with about $10k? Then you shldnt have any problems. Many pple with situations like yours scale thru POE smoothly, they just don't come back here to say so. Pray, plan and prepare, you'll be fine sister.

Meanwhile, are you sure you don't want some groundnut
Cheers
moniyet:
good day all,

kudos to u all for the work done here for people like us to enjoy, God bless and reward u all. i have read all the pages from page 1 to 222 (not an easy task, bin on it for weeks now), just got to the end now and would like to ask some questions/seek advice, sorry if it has been mentioned, i must have missed it.

1) my husband, son and i got our b1/b2 visas september this year, the purpose when asked was for vacation, although i was 4months preg but not showing, now that we have decided to have our baby in the US, and amidst all these POS horror stories, can someone comment on our chances, we have taken preventive measures like sending a mail to the US consulate and gotten a response, we have also decided to route the journey to el-paso through new york and avoid Houston and Atlanta POEs, dont think i read anyone with a situation like ours that scaled through POE easily.

2) For those that have travelled or about to travel to el-paso from Lagos, how did you buy your tickets as i am aware there are no direct flights to el-paso from Lagos, please note that we are trying to avoid Houston POE.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
moniyet:
good day all,

why dint you declare your intention upfront? if they do the maths for you, you are on your own. its 50-50. good luck

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Basheerah1: 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
nefertitiram:

I think these things can be negotiated if you are paying cash, I will enquire when I go there.

Hello dear. How far with the enquires. Were you able to check out cook county hospital as well? smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
moniyet:
good day all,

Mehn you should be thanking God seriously, because the combo of the bolded above has gotten people visa cancellations.

Like uchetobi said, its still a 50-50.

Can you travel and at least use the visa for the vacation that you had said you were going for in the first place? This of course depends on how far you are gone in the pregnancy.

Your best bet will be a chilled out POE, so they dont start to scrutinize ur visa transcript and compare with your EDD etc etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
tanx kizluv and bloggerina (meanwhile u fit teleport the groundnut, add guguru and drink biko grin), @uchetobi and anonymousmum, we had not made up our minds at the time we got the visa, and my hubby actually planned on going this year, just wanted to get feelers on our chances sha, but we r seriously avoiding problematic POEs and hoping for the best.
tanx for the responses though

For those that have travelled or about to travel to el-paso from Lagos, how did you buy your tickets as i am aware there are no direct flights to el-paso from Lagos, please note that we are trying to avoid Houston POE.

Can any elpaso mum or dad please answer above question about purchase of tickets? tanku
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
@moniyet.....why not use british airways to dallas Fort Worth then Elpaso or British airways to Chicago o' hare then Elpaso. These are the next best options unless you are looking within a specific price range.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
@moniyet......sorry,BA to heathrow first.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by donbusky(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
moniyet:

For those that have travelled or about to travel to el-paso from Lagos, how did you buy your tickets as i am aware there are no direct flights to el-paso from Lagos, please note that we are trying to avoid Houston POE.

Hi moniyet,

My wife is enroute elpaso as I type this, using BA on the route Lagos>Heathrow>Dallas>El Paso. You can book directly on BA site, or check on Wakanow for other options / airlines / routes.

I am praying for divine favour for my madam at the POE (Dallas) in a couple of hours.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
@ Donbusky, Favour is hers IJN.
@Moniyet, someone can change their minds naa, this POE people sef, giving people sleepless night. Do the needful, you would be fine. You are already on track sef...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
Tnx so much
bloggerina:
Hello,
No it will not add to your bills in any way. Nothing to worry abt. If the fibroids were an issue you won't have conceived in the first place. Drink lots of water, eat & rest well. You'll be alright. When you are done with childbearing you can choose to remove your fibroids but for now, nothing do you.
Cheers

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
Don't mind me...I always forget anytime we talk on phone or chat...
seemorejoy:
@ raii that's good gathering arsenals. But I will advise you go alone this time. And I believe there won't be refused or denied.

@tenic9 I dey sorry for your health you did not tell me earlier self. God will help us. I don't want you to stess at all let's go TX.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
Tnx for that...all my enquires are based on c:s cos av have done one before...
shelly23:
It shouldn't be a problem, but my sis in law had a similar issue last year and had to do an emergency c-section cos the fibroid was hindering her baby's oxygen or something. She ended up with a $23k bill cos her baby was also placed in the nicu for 2 days to stabilise her breathing. They ended up beating the bill down to $17k and had to spread payment over many months.

I'll suggest to talk to your doctor about having a CS (if you haven't already) to avoid any emergency or unforseen costs.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
donbusky:

Hi moniyet,

My wife is enroute elpaso as I type this, using BA on the route Lagos>Heathrow>Dallas>El Paso. You can book directly on BA site, or check on Wakanow for other options / airlines / routes.

I am praying for divine favour for my madam at the POE (Dallas) in a couple of hours.
@ Donbusky, pls remember to share Madam's POE experience. I take God beg you. I will follow Sam route in few weeks time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
@Moniyet,asides BA,Ethiad also flies lag--Elpaso with Chicago as POE. To get more choices check on Wakanow and view the details of each flight on ur route to know their POE. Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Please El Paso mums any other good accommodation close to the hospital aside intown suites and Ramada? And also please a daycare. Tanx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by meine: 10:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
This thread has been dull and boring, where is Phema and the old timers? . Have they opened another thread elsewhere?, apart from few visa transcripts, where are the usual POE stories? you guys should please make this place lively biko?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
Just to get us update at elpaso. Checked online yesterday my baby's birth certificate was ready. Do today na waka...You can take baby passport photo at any wall greens. ..but today drama be say my baby was sleeping seriously this morning and they needed her to open her eyes for the photo...she didn't. After 30mins we left to get money order for 165$ @ Walmat and went to another wall green at Fountain and thank God after 10mins she opened her eyes like " why are these nigerians disturbing me". I was supposed to be at the passport office by 12noon and we were just leaving the wall green. Had to call that am on my way and will be there by 2pm. It was easy at Birth Certificate office, we didn't spend more than 10mins. I requested for 2 BC for 46$. Then had to trek to passport office( I don't think you can trek it with your baby but if you have a roller it's ok) So after 20mins there we were done and expecting the passport by next week. My counsel, things are easier when the man is around...so let the men plan to be around even if it's immediately the BC is ready.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.