Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,357 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379230 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Harjeehbaday(m): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
Harjeehbaday: Happy New Month everyone......

Anyone traveling to Houston this month?

Helloooooooo....

[size=18pt]Anyone out there?[/size]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by salawu5(m): 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
Yeah...I am
Harjeehbaday: Happy New Month everyone......

Anyone traveling to Houston this month?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Harjeehbaday(m): 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Harjeehbaday:

Helloooooooo....

[size=18pt]Anyone out there?[/size]

salawu5: Yeah...I am

@ Salawu5,

good to know, am travelling this month through delta (most likely mid-novmber).

going through Atlanta....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 9:41am On Nov 03, 2013
Good morning beautiful people,some good news from my end. My wife put to bed on Thursday 0605 eastern,it's a girl !! Mother and daughter are doing great (natural birth).
They were discharged yesterday Saturday,after two nights at the hospital. The hospital is the same one wckykoff heights medical center , we signed a contract during registration and deposited $5000 ,we were giving a total bill of $6500.

The package included,all the pregnancy test ,two scans,delivery and two days hospital stay.she had a total of 6 antenatal visits,and we paid $50 per visit cash. So technically we have a balance of $1500 to pay, but we were told the account woman wasn't on duty Saturday,so we a expect a bill Monday.

My wife was pretty much happy with the medical attention she got. Let me know if any more details is needed from me. As for me,I will join the mid November, work is just unforgiving at the moment,and I have to hold all my excitement down.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wunmi38: 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Babababy: Good morning beautiful people,some good news from my end. My wife put to bed on Thursday 0605 eastern,it's a girl !! Mother and daughter are doing great (natural birth).
They were discharged yesterday Saturday,after two nights at the hospital. The hospital is the same one wckykoff heights medical center , we signed a contract during registration and deposited $5000 ,we were giving a total bill of $6500.

The package included,all the pregnancy test ,two scans,delivery and two days hospital stay.she had a total of 6 antenatal visits,and we paid $50 per visit cash. So technically we have a balance of $1500 to pay, but we were told the account woman wasn't on duty Saturday,so we a expect a bill Monday.

My wife was pretty much happy with the medical attention she got. Let me know if any more details is needed from me. As for me,I will join the mid November, work is just unforgiving at the moment,and I have to hold all my excitement down.
Congratulatons my brother dis is a woderful news and really impressed with ur message and its giving me more hope about my own family, additional info that I feel could benefit dis house is the issue of
1. How did you goods about the contract signing Ad dos it entails
2. Did you do t transfer from Nigeria or Your Wife paid overthere
Nd lastly the documetion of the baby how did you or ae you going about it.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
@babababy nice one and congrats
Sorry I ve not bn in touch,series of events came up. My wife got a family Dr through her aunt in Maryland who because of the relationship he waved his doctors fees ( he is a well renowned Dr in Maryland- waived $3000 ) so we settled for southern maryland hospital
Our baby girl came via CS on the 21st October and every1 is doing well including me.
My wife stayed 2 days at the hospital and our fees now is just about $6500 but we stil I await the lab fees.
All in all am sure we wnt spend up to $8000.
I am totally grateful to the Doctor I guess we are just so lucky, we already have her birth certificate ,social security number and we will start the process for both the NAIja and US passport on Tuesday.
I am her till the 17th but they will be back home by the end of the month

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Harjeehbaday(m): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Babababy: Good morning beautiful people,some good news from my end. My wife put to bed on Thursday 0605 eastern,it's a girl !! Mother and daughter are doing great (natural birth).

Adeeva: @babababy nice one and congrats
Sorry I ve not bn in touch,series of events came up. My wife got a family Dr through her aunt in Maryland who because of the relationship he waved his doctors fees ( he is a well renowned Dr in Maryland- waived $3000 ) so we settled for southern maryland hospital
Our baby girl came via CS on the 21st October and every1 is doing well including me.
My wife stayed 2 days at the hospital and our fees now is just about $6500 but we stil I await the lab fees.
I am totally grateful to the Doctor I guess we are just so lucky, we already have her birth certificate ,social security number and we will start the process for both the NAIja and US passport on Tuesday.

@ Babababy & Adeeva

Congrats to you both. I pray we all have the same good stories in our own time.

Happy new Week....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
wunmi38:
Congratulatons my brother dis is a woderful news and really impressed with ur message and its giving me more hope about my own family, additional info that I feel could benefit dis house is the issue of
1. How did you goods about the contract signing Ad dos it entails
2. Did you do t transfer from Nigeria or Your Wife paid overthere
Nd lastly the documetion of the baby how did you or ae you going about it.
Thank you

Thank you.
1. Contract signing was done by me when we went to inspect the hospital ,it's just the regular contract that stated the terms of the agreement, which includes the option of CS and increase bill if any complications.
2. I paid cash after signing and the balance will be paid by card .
3.the hospital required we produce our marriage certificate , and my wife filled out all the forms for birth certificate and social security number already. So we wait to receive the birth certificate before we can start the passport application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2013

Oh I see, congrats. I was wondering what happened to you. Anyways good to know all went well and at that price for CS ,I must say your guys are lucky . Congrats again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
Harjeehbaday:

@ Babababy & Adeeva

Congrats to you both. I pray we all have the same good stories in our own time.

Happy new Week....

Thank you and we will surely celebrate with you as well soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by letilex: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
vivianobas:

Hi Betty,

My name is Vivian and I can authoritatively tell you and every other person on this forum that I had my baby at MIHS and the experience was wonderful. I paid $2,888 during signing of the contract and didn't get any additional bill after delivery. For delivering without complications, I got a rebate of $250 4 weeks after delivery. I paid $260 for my baby's circumcision and also had to pay another $70 for additional pediatric checkup for my baby before we came back to Nigeria.

I even requested for a letter from the hospital stating that my account was at zero balance and they obliged me. So for anyone to come here and state the opposite is sad and disheartening. I cannot even begin to mention all the free stuffs I got from the hospital before and after delivery.

They don't lie and I can convincingly tell you that what you see is what you get and much more. I was there in March 2013 and to the best of my knowledge, they are still the way I left them in April 2012.

hi vivan pls in new to this thread n ur post really encouraged me to think abt goin to MHIS to hav my baby.but I wanted to hav sone info like the website, the doctor to contact, which flight u took to phoenix frn nigeria, any cheap accomodation any other imp info u think I need thanks I plan to go in march next yr
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsOyin: 5:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
Congrats Babababy!!! I Should be travelling this month and still intend using the same hospital your wife used. I would like to know if you booked any appointment with the doctor before travelling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baby2014: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2013

congratulation and we thank God for a safe delivery .and please give us more information about wckykoff heights medical center ,is the 6500usd included the doctor charges and no other extra charges and how do you book an appointment before your wife arrive in the usa and will they also provide letter like el paso or required any advance payment or registration ..thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
Congrats babababy and adeeva..may the new additions to your family bring you everlasting joy in Jesus name
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
@ Babababy and Adeeva

Congratulations!!!! Hope to follow your example by the end of december.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
letilex: hi vivan pls in new to this thread n ur post really encouraged me to think abt goin to MHIS to hav my baby.but I wanted to hav sone info like the website, the doctor to contact, which flight u took to phoenix frn nigeria, any cheap accomodation any other imp info u think I need thanks I plan to go in march next yr

@ letilex

See vivian's posts and hardeymijuh posts, you will have answers to all your informations ( except perhaps the flight, but I think other people posted about booking).

@all

Have a nice week smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Godsbillionaire(m): 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2013

hmmm...adeeva wink Balinger is this you? the story is accurately precise, i bet your the one,...its UZ...anyway as discussed keeping in touch na d way lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
@MsOyin, no we didn't book any appointment. Wyckoff is as 350 bed teaching hospital, and it is quite big. They have a pool of doctors, and you will be advised to not really make a choice of doctor for delivery,simply because the specific doctor might not be on duty when you go in labor,so any one of their doctors will make the delivery. You also have the option of mid wives if you want them to do it.

@baby2014, like I mentioned in the baby delivery post, we signed a contract of $6500, and I also stated the other extra cost of prenatal $50 per day payment, please click on my I.D and just go through all post. I have also posted the full address of the contact lady you will talk to. Apparently they have not been getting any self pay patients, so we were close to being their first kind. They don't need any advance payment, and registration is on arrival.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 12:15am On Nov 04, 2013
Amen o,thanks everyone,I wish all who wish to also give birth here the best .
Uz yes o, it's Balinger
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BnBarbie(f): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
@ babababy and adeeva; congrats smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by classichique: 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Big congrats daddys. Pls wanna seek the opinion of the house. I got my visa last month and will be travelling by Gods grace this month. My husband intends 2go 4his interview later dis mnth or in december. Pls what is best 4him 2say he's going 4? Vacation or 2witness the birth of his baby? Any oda tips 4him dat mait help?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceoffering: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
@babababy congratulations once again,Oluwa a wo,Oluwa a dasi.amen.pls I want to know if u hv paid the balance of 1500$ that u sed wil be paid today.the reason is because I would like to know if that's d only amount u paid,I mean hope they didn't bring out any hidden charges eventually as I am beginning to consider this hospital as well and would like to be rest assured dt dts evrything they will ask for,I mean 6500$.tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2013
peace offering: @babababy congratulations once again,Oluwa a wo,Oluwa a dasi.amen.pls I want to know if u hv paid the balance of 1500$ that u sed wil be paid today.the reason is because I would like to know if that's d only amount u paid,I mean hope they didn't bring out any hidden charges eventually as I am beginning to consider this hospital as well and would like to be rest assured dt dts evrything they will ask for,I mean 6500$.tnx

The bill still stood at $6500, and we have paid the balance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 11:10am On Nov 05, 2013
classichique: Big congrats daddys. Pls wanna seek the opinion of the house. I got my visa last month and will be travelling by Gods grace this month. My husband intends 2go 4his interview later dis mnth or in december. Pls what is best 4him 2say he's going 4? Vacation or 2witness the birth of his baby? Any oda tips 4him dat mait help?

No easy answer to this particular question,since you were given a visa after declaring you are pregnant, I should believe your husband can also tell them he is going to witness the birth of his baby. But then again I don't believe their is any visa category that covers that directly , I would suggest he adds vacation as part of his plans. My opinion

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenababe: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mrs Bee:

Hi Everyone.
Some goodnews. I had my baby boy Nathan on sunday 6:28am at Southern regional Women community center Atlanta . The experience I must say was breathtaking God so good my husband was right beside me to go through labor 2geda. D labor room was so fine felt like an hotel room. Anyway so far I have spent just 4,300$ for Delivery and my baby's circumcision. We await d pediatrician fee which is abt 250$. Had meals 3times daily got 2 d hospital on saturday nyt abt 11pm and got discharged on tuesday 2pm. Just tot I share.

Hi Mrs Bee,
Congrats on your safe and fine delivery. Trust you and baby are doing great. Pls can you tell me the total fee you paid for your delivery eventually? Secondly will also appreciate if u can enlighten me on how to book appointment with Southern Regional hospital, contact details and phone nos. The email posted earlier by another member is not responsive so maybe you can give me another address since you are still in Atlanta presently. Do they accept part payment in advance and will they accept a patient at 36weeks? Pls I need your reply urgently thanks.
Kind regards
nenababe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hmm @nenababe...36wks? No go born for plane o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenababe: 8:15am On Nov 06, 2013
favored gal: Hmm @nenababe...36wks? No go born for plane o!

Hi,
Noooooo, I will travel at 32weeks but intend to spend some time in Boston b4 proceeding to Atlanta. Hopefully by 35weeks I should be there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favoredgal: 8:38am On Nov 06, 2013
Ok cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by motorola77: 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
@ imadebaby and every one, how are you all? To God be the glory i arrived marryland last night safely, although had issues and was interrogated for like one hour but eventually i was granted 6mths stay and was seriously warned to make sure i bring my receipt of hospital pay and other docs dt will show I'm not owing when next im visiting if not i will be send back from the airport.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Harjeehbaday(m): 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
motorola77: @ imadebaby and every one, how are you all? To God be the glory i arrived marryland last night safely, although had issues and was interrogated for like one hour but eventually i was granted 6mths stay and was seriously warned to make sure i bring my receipt of hospital pay and other docs dt will show I'm not owing when next im visiting if not i will be send back from the airport.

@Motorola77,
Congrats on your entry, wishing you safe delivery.

Where was your point of entry and what was their reason for keeping you for that long...?

Are you still going to Phoenix?

I will be traveling next week and my point of entry is Atlanta.

Just want to know what to prepare for.. Am feeling Very nervous already.. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
motorola77: @ imadebaby and every one, how are you all? To God be the glory i arrived marryland last night safely, although had issues and was interrogated for like one hour but eventually i was granted 6mths stay and was seriously warned to make sure i bring my receipt of hospital pay and other docs dt will show I'm not owing when next im visiting if not i will be send back from the airport.

phew! thank God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imadebaby: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2013

Phew! Thank goodness babe was very worried. I giv God alll the glory. Waiting for the fulll gist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.