Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380873 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by salawu5(m): 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Stories about Houston is kind of scary but all in all i have made up my mind that i will travel with my wife Via the same POE and i have being doing some research to the extent that i placed a call across to the US Border and Custom at Houston to seek clarification and also had a chat with US Lagos Consular office making it clear that my wife posses a B1/B2 Visa which was issued to her while she was not pregnant and i was advised not to re apply for another class of Visa as her entrance will be determined based on the below link.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Harjeehbaday(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2013
omofred: My pple I arrived dallas yesterday,i left wit ba on Saturday nite,6hrs to heathrow and 10 hrs from london to dallas forth worth I am heavy looking and I was not asked any question I filled my migration form declared food items and I was stamped in 6months pls help me thank God ohh,d imigration guy just asked me if I have some 1 to pick me I said yes he said enjoy ur stay maddam and dat was it

@omofred,
Congrats oooo....that's God in action, we shall all have good news
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Harjeehbaday(m): 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2013
salawu5: Hello Everyone,

Stories about Houston is kind of scary but all in all i have made up my mind that i will travel with my wife Via the same POE and i have being doing some research to the extent that i placed a call across to the US Border and Custom at Houston to seek clarification and also had a chat with US Lagos Consular office making it clear that my wife posses a B1/B2 Visa which was issued to her while she was not pregnant and i was advised not to re apply for another class of Visa as her entrance will be determined based on the below link.

@salawu5,
Good work, guess we have to start thinking of how to convince or confuse the CBP officer at POE... smiley wink grin

God will help us.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenih: 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
salawu5: Hello Everyone,

@salawu5: Thanks for the information. Guess we have to start gathering our dollars
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BnBarbie(f): 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
mokeju: Just left the embassy... I wasnt given even though i was with my husband. All the best to the Elpaso team.. May God go with you all...

So sorry to hear that.
I'm baffled though. Did you declare that you intended to give birth in the US? Or you said u were going on vacation?
Were u showing when you went for the interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imadebaby: 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2013
omofred: My pple I arrived dallas yesterday,i left wit ba on Saturday nite,6hrs to heathrow and 10 hrs from london to dallas forth worth I am heavy looking and I was not asked any question I filled my migration form declared food items and I was stamped in 6months pls help me thank God ohh,d imigration guy just asked me if I have some 1 to pick me I said yes he said enjoy ur stay maddam and dat was it

Pls what n what food did u declare?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2013

Congrats Omofred on your safe trip in to the US, wishing you asafe delivery.

imadebaby:

@ imadebaby,
I support you, omofred abeg tell us what food you declared....

mokeju: We greeted the Officer ( a female)
Officer: When do you intend to travel
Us: December
Officer: Who are you visiting?
Us: My uncle
Officer: where do you work?
US: We responded
Officer: How long have you been working with the organisation?
Us:We responded
Officer: where do you intend to visit?
Us: Oklahoma and Texas
Officer: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Us: Wife (YEs, UK and Switzerland, Hubby, NO)
Officer: am sorry your application is not successful this time..
Us: we left cheesy

@mokeju,

sorry to hear that, wsh you all the best .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wunmi38: 6:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Good day all
I wish to state here dat all we need to hold on to if we are given visa after we declear that we are going to d states to have our babies we should have a bold step towards that and also believe that God that made them issue the visa will surely make the POE a success we still encourage successful member of dis trend to share more success story of a gd trip to d states and also wish that are also planing on achieving this feet the best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by classichique: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2013
Hi, I called united airlines in a bid to book my ticket and I asked them for the policy for pregnant women. They said they won't carry a pregnant woman that is more than 32weeks and at 32weeks she must also present a fit to fly lettter frm d doctor. and I intend 2travel at 34weeks. Pls what do I do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 11:24am On Oct 30, 2013
classichique: Hi, I called united airlines in a bid to book my ticket and I asked them for the policy for pregnant women. They said they won't carry a pregnant woman that is more than 32weeks and at 32weeks she must also present a fit to fly lettter frm d doctor. and I intend 2travel at 34weeks. Pls what do I do?

FlY delta! They have no policy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 11:55am On Oct 30, 2013
classichique: Hi, I called united airlines in a bid to book my ticket and I asked them for the policy for pregnant women. They said they won't carry a pregnant woman that is more than 32weeks and at 32weeks she must also present a fit to fly lettter frm d doctor. and I intend 2travel at 34weeks. Pls what do I do?

uchetobi:

FlY delta! They have no policy

Seconded!!! FLy Deta Airine...Cheaper and no policy. grin shocked cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2013

Yea,like the ladies have rightly stated ,fly delta. But if indeed it's a must you fly United , you can have your doctor examine you and give you a fit to fly paper for 32 weeks. Just make sure you don't pop before landing in Houston ,cause they will then sue you for misinformation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wurdz: 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
hardeymijuh:

Seconded!!! FLy Deta Airine...Cheaper and no policy. grin shocked cool

Pardon my ignorance but how does one go about booking delta as they do not have flights originating from Nigeria (on their online portal)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by classichique: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
Thanks everyone for your answers.

Am going 2dallas so I feel houston/dallas (united) is better than atlanta/dallas (delta)

My doctor already told me that he will do no such thing of giving me a fit2fly with a wrong no of weeks, so......

Anyways, I checked united website and saw this

United: No restriction b4 32weeks
In d last month, u need a doctor's letter signed within 24 to 72hrss of travel, indicating 1) due date 2) departure and arrival destinations and dates and 3) that travel doesnt pose a health risk.

So maybe the guy I spoke to desnt know what he's saying?

Babababy:

Yea,like the ladies have rightly stated ,fly delta. But if indeed it's a must you fly United , you can have your doctor examine you and give you a fit to fly paper for 32 weeks. Just make sure you don't pop before landing in Houston ,cause they will then sue you for misinformation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
wurdz:

Pardon my ignorance but how does one go about booking delta as they do not have flights originating from Nigeria (on their online portal)?

You cant book directly from naija...you can use a travel agent like wakanow or any other
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
classichique: Thanks everyone for your answers.

Am going 2dallas so I feel houston/dallas (united) is better than atlanta/dallas (delta)

My doctor already told me that he will do no such thing of giving me a fit2fly with a wrong no of weeks, so......

Anyways, I checked united website and saw this

United: No restriction b4 32weeks
In d last month, u need a doctor's letter signed within 24 to 72hrss of travel, indicating 1) due date 2) departure and arrival destinations and dates and 3) that travel doesnt pose a health risk.

So maybe the guy I spoke to desnt know what he's saying?

You are on your own o! Madam..if you buy the ticket and they dont allow you fly....what will you do?

I also hear united sends people upstairs to that place where they do yellow card for fit to fly.....

Dont know how true this is but seems like too much hassle to me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
uchetobi:
You are on your own o! Madam..if you buy the ticket and they dont allow you fly....what will you do?

I also hear united sends people upstairs to that place where they do yellow card for fit to fly.....

Dont know how true this is but seems like too much hassle to me

The sending of passengers upstairs is for passenger without a doctors permit. Their is an old woman who will examine you and determine if you can fly. She is a regular nurse.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
classichique: Thank God, am happy for you Omofred, so u didn't have 2stop @houston, u went directly 2dallas forth worth. Alsso where in dallas r u staying? Have u decided on a hospital and doctor now? Am also planning a dallas trip next month by Gods grace
My sista d hospitals in dallas are not as cheeap as thier mails joor so anyhow sha it's just God,what they tell you on the Internet is not what you get when you get here I am staying @ frisco sha

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
egusi,ogbono,garri and dry fish
imadebaby:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imadebaby: 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
omofred: egusi,ogbono,garri and dry fish

Pls did u grind them?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
imadebaby:

Pls did u grind them?
yes I did and I kept dem overnite in d fridge self I carried akamu too(pap)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imadebaby: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2013
omofred: yes I did and I kept dem overnite in d fridge self I carried akamu too(pap)

pap? how?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bigdaddyyo: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
My wife gave birth to our healthy baby boy 3 days ago. We were quoted 15K USD and negotiated with 40 percent discount. Me and daughter on the way tomorrow to US. God bless us all. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wunmi38: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
bigdaddyyo: My wife gave birth to our healthy baby boy 3 days ago. We were quoted 15K USD and negotiated with 40 percent discount. Me and daughter on the way tomorrow to US. God bless us all. Thanks.
CONGRATULATION I really want to understand the word negotiated upto 40% and which hospital and state is that ? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congrats bigdaddyyo...safe trip to you and your daughter....

@wunmi38..just click on his name and read his old post...that is the fastest way to catch up on anything anyone says..he mentioned that it is carlifonia and the name of the hospital also
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wunmi38: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
uchetobi: Congrats bigdaddyyo...safe trip to you and your daughter....

@wunmi38..just click on his name and read his old post...that is the fastest way to catch up on anything anyone says..he mentioned that it is carlifonia and the name of the hospital also
Thank you my brother I have been able to read through but no actual hospital name.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baby2014: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
People in the house please l need information About birth in new york area with cost!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kenkelewu: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
baby2014: People in the house please l need information About birth in new york area with cost!!!

search for Babababy's posts. He wrote extensively 'bout New York
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceoffering: 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hi guys,bn following ds thread for a while nw.I also intend 2 gv birth in yankee but dt won't be until abt middle of june next year.got family in philadelphia n maryland but not texas.for pple dt hv gone,pls hw did u overcome d boredom of staying alone n also anybody who intends going 2 texas nextyear wil b due around june should pls let me knw so we can connect.tnx rily appreciate it.Also if any1 has information about affordable hospitals in philadelphia should kindly let me knw as philly is rily prefarable cz I've bn there a couple of times.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Everybody wonders how I carried pap lol,after I bought it @ d market I dried it in d son 4 about 2 days so it was now in a powdery form dats how I carried it
imadebaby:

pap? how?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 8:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
Congratulation my broda it's d work of God where did your wife give birth and was it normal delivery pls elighting me a bit tanks alot
bigdaddyyo: My wife gave birth to our healthy baby boy 3 days ago. We were quoted 15K USD and negotiated with 40 percent discount. Me and daughter on the way tomorrow to US. God bless us all. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Harjeehbaday(m): 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
Happy New Month everyone......

Anyone traveling to Houston this month?

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.